From Powerful Vampire to Powerful Vampire

The Biography of a Vampire

Joonyoung was probably the only vampire in town that was having fun at the moment. The new girl, Dana, was disturbing his sanity. She was pretty, even beautiful, interesting and captivated his attention without doing anything special. That never happened before.

“So, what do you think about the welcoming team?”

Dana raised an eyebrow while Joonyoung simply waited for an answer.

“I like it.” She started, “It makes me feel good, paid for my drink, danced with me, it’s quite entertaining.”

 “Good. How did you end up in such a city?”

Dana didn’t really know what to say so she simply looked amused by his questions. She certainly was amused by his behavior too and that was a mistake he will pay for later.

“Mum. Her work needs us to move from city to city. I’m just the unfortunate soul that has to sink everything in. She doesn’t really care about my opinions so I just shut up.” She took a long sip of her drink right after explaining her recent settlement.

“I know how that is.”

Dana raised an eyebrow and let the glass down.

“Really. Did you jump from one state to the other? Left your home country for this?” She asked, genuinely surprised, “What did you do?”

 “My father is a doctor. We always had to move. We ended up here and that’s it.” Joonyoung mumbled, asking for a whole bottle of tequila since he was still far from getting drunk.

“Are you alone?”

Joonyoung almost spilled his drink out. He couldn’t say he was taken aback by the question but he definitely wasn’t stupid.

“I am single if that's what you mean. But I don't need a girl as long as I have my sister." He tried to explain without sounding peculiar.

“You have a sister?” Dana asked, fully turning towards the boy.

 “Yes. I bet you know her. She’s quite popular everywhere.” Dana looked slightly bothered by his statement, “Any more questions?”

Dana was speechless. Joonyoung changed from slightly naïve and playful to a complete jerk and she was suspicious. She knew she shouldn’t be suspicious.

That wasn’t the only problem. Jina was a magnet for troubles and danger. She left the bar feeling like someone was strangling her or cutting her blood circulation. Outside was dark and the light was dim in the back.

“I hope you don’t think I’ll just sit around enjoying the stalking.” Jina said loudly, aware she wasn’t alone.

 “It’s not about your wishes. Not anymore. It’s about us and what we want.” One boy said his voice familiar.

She straightened her posture, her head held high proudly.

“And what do you want?”

The two male presences walked out the shadow, smirking.

“We want you, Jina. One of the noble families. One of the old vampires and a pretty devil undercover.”

Her eyes furrowed into a glare, “I am not a weapon.”

One of the male vampires chuckled slightly.

“Not yet. You just need a small nudge.”

 Jina flashed in front of the one who talked and raised him by his neck.

“If we don’t do it, someone else will. You will either die or help us.” It was Wonsik that said it.

“Help you with what?” She asked through her gritted teeth.

Another vampire came out of his hiding, looking far more dangerous than Wonsik.

 “Let him go, princess. We can’t harm you and we know it. Vampires like you are hard to tame.” He started, “We need you and you need us. But first, we need the real Jina alive. We need her rage, her desire for revenge.”

She let go of Wonsik and turned towards the unnamed vampire.

“Revenge on whom?”

His cold eyes stared into hers, darkening even more, “Gong Yoo.”

Her eyes widened and backed off out of reflex.

Wonsik smirked, “Are you afraid,Jina? Are you afraid-” He flashed behind her and whispered into her ear. “-of your uncle?”

“What uncle?”

Wonsik smirked and signed for the other male to leave. He did, leaving the two alone in the back of a bar full of humans.

“And here I was, thinking you already figured your family out.” He fake pouted, “Do you really think you only had your parents? Jung Kwangho is a legend and you became one too. Like father, like daughter.”

He chuckled slightly and put a hand on her back, making her flinch. Her eyes were watching every move and inside she could feel herself struggling to keep her mind blank.

“On the other side,” He started and trailed his hand to her waist, “Yoo was, how can I put it-a badass. He loved to play, he loved women. He never ceased to amaze the elders and never cared about your father until you were born. Surprisingly, he took a liking to you.”

He pulled Jina into him by her waist and leaned in to her ear.

 “He had a soft spot for you. He knew you have the power and you couldn’t control it but you did learn pretty fast how it works.”

 She rolled her eyes and turned to face him, taking his hand off.

“Why should I believe what you say?”

He chuckled and raised an eyebrow.

“Why don’t you ask your little friend, Myungsoo? He knows your uncle rather well. He was his ’student’” He finished, pointing the quote signs.

 “Why do you want revenge on him?”  She asked, changing the subject slightly.

 “He killed my sister. Anyone who got near him suffered. He thinks vampire females are just like human females: unworthy, small miseries that need to be cleaned. But not you. You’re the exception. You are the only woman he ever respected, except Shinyi.”

 “Don’t tell me. He loved her too.”

Wonsik didn’t say anything until he started to laugh.

“Love?! No way. He liked how feisty she was, indeed, but definitely not love. He doesn’t know where you are but he knows you are alive. He knows about Joonyoung and Hongbin, about Jitae andHakyun, about everything. Do you think he would forget his adored, dear niece? No.”

“And why are you telling me all these?”

“Didn’t I already tell you?”

She scoffed and turned to leave but Wonsik got a tight grip on her wrist, “Think about it. If you help us, we will leave you alone.” He said before he flashed into the darkness.

Jina didn’t care anymore about the stupid party. All she wanted to do was going somewhere peaceful where she could think. She went to the only place she ever felt at peace: the Bucheon forest. It was night, dark, cold, and silent, like a scene from a horror movie. She didn’t walk much until she chose to stop and lay down.

“What am I going to do?” She mumbled not really awaiting for an answer.

But there was someone else in the forest, someone that felt the danger approaching. She opened her eyes only to meet the dark orbs of Shin Hakyun

“I thought you went out to eat?” She asked, not feeling like talking to him.

Hakyun shrugged and lied down next to her, “What’s on your mind?”

She stared at her fingers, expecting something to happen, someone to come and say the nightmare was over and that she could open her eyes and everything would be alright and normal. Nothing changed, unfortunately.

“When I first found out I was a vampire I never imagined it will be so-”

Hakyun raised an eyebrow bemusedly, “Hard?”

 “Tiring. There are so many questions and when I finally find answers I realize I know nothing.” She spoke, feeling small, “Not even my life.” Jina added.

 Hakyun glanced at the noble from the corner of his eye, “Your life huh? Some things are better unknown.”

“Who’s Gong Yoo?” She asked what she wanted to know first.

Hakyun’s head quirked in a second and stared at her with slightly widened eyes.

“So it’s true? He exists…my uncle.” She trailed, getting up.

 Hakyun didn’t know what to say. He never met Gong Yoo personally but he did hear a lot about him. That family has always lived mysteriously, in the darkness of the night. Kwangho was the only one who had the guts to marry, to have children with a human and then transform all of them.

“Your family has always been a mystery. There are stories about your father, good ones, and then there is Gong Yoo: the younger brother, the rebel.” He got up too and chuckled. “Kwangho was indeed a vampire, with everything a vampire is but Yoo is another story.” He grinned before flashing away.

“Great.” She mumbled rolling her eyes, “Leaving before saying something important.”

••••

Back in the bar, Joonyoung was still talking to Dana surprisingly. The girl stopped asking weird questions for her own good and simply started to talk about normal, teenage topics. That until Hongbin realized that Jina was gone.

“Joonyoung! Have you seen Jina?”

The noble brother turned his head when he heard his name being called.He shook his head and trailed his eyes to a troubled Dana. The other vampire sighed worriedly and trailed his eyes over his surroundings, hoping to catch a glimpse of the female. She wasn’t there.

“Hey!” Myungsoo approached, a girl at his hand, a drink on the other. “Why so troubled?”

Hongbin gave Myungsoo a stern look, making the younger vampire roll his eyes.

“Well?” He asked Joonyoung, knowing Hongbin enough to figure he just started to hyperventilate.

“He can’t find Jina so he’s freaking out.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, “It’s not like she went on a killing spree.”

Hongbin and Joonyoung glanced at each other, their eyes widening. Dana looked between the three vampires and understood enough to ditch her date.  In the next second, all three of them were running out the bar, each going where they thought she might have gone.