Unknown

The Biography of a Vampire

 What Dongwon said caught Jina off guard and that was bad because she couldn’t let herself be controlled by emotions. She should be the one in control yet it seemed every little part of the cold, evil Jina was slowly slipping off.

She stood there, leaning against a tree with such a peaceful face, it was almost shocking. The sudden change in her behavior was getting to her. She couldn’t pretend everything was alright because it just wasn’t. Something was changing her back. She opened her eyes, suddenly, and glanced to her left. She felt a breeze and jumped on her feet.

“Well, well, well. Jung Jina, alone in the forest. My Christmas gift came earlier this year!”

She couldn’t figure from where it came but she was sure he was close.

 “Don’t panic, Jina. Actually, no. Do panic. I want you to squirm.” The vampire hissed.

Her eyes got bloody red and her canines grew immediately. She stood there, concentrating on finding the vampire hidden in the forest.

In this time, the men finally caught one of the visitors. He wanted to get in the mansion and supposedly find and kill Jina but had a surprise when Joonyoung walked into the room and pinned him to the wall.

Now, the unnamed vampire was in a tight diver costume, well isolated and immersed in water at a temperature selected by the vampires, as not to be too cold or too hot, his tactile sensations as not to occur. His eyes were covered and the gravitation being annihilated by the water’s pressure, the sensorial sighting becoming almost total. Even as a vampire, without having the reflex to breathe, it could’ve been seen how uncomfortable he was and how, slowly, he started to hallucinate.

“Lack of sensations, of any power source is at odds with normal mental state and cause disorders.”

Everyone in the room stared at Joonyoung.

“How…what…do I even want to know how you know that?” Myungsoo asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

Joonyoung chuckled lowly and shook his head.

“It’s quite intriguing.”

Hongbin hummed in response. He just wanted to get out some information. The vampire tried to escape but the chains that were attached to his arms and legs were strong enough. Myungsoo poked slightly the glass getting the vampire’s attention back from his hallucination.

“Why do you want so bad to kill Jina?”

The vampire shivered slightly at her name. Hongbin smirked and walked closer, his voice getting louder.

“Well? I don’t hear any answer.”

“I-I…we’ve b-been informed s-she is b-bad news.” The vampire stuttered.

Hongbin furrowed his eyebrows curiously.

“Why would she be bad news?” No sound came out from the victim. “If you don’t start talking you might as well live your own little life inside this tub.”

The anonymous vampire shivered again.

“No! Let me go!”

Myungsoo shook his head, “Such a coward.”

Hongbin glared at the vampire dressed in a diver suit.

“If she dies, you’ll all die.” Joonyoung added.

“The agreement…it…it would help us kill werewolves.” The helpless vampire continued.

 “Why would you want that? Gong Yoo wouldn’t be too happy.” Hongbin asked, eyes narrowing at the tub.

“They heard that…werewolves are planning to attack us. We prefer to kill them first. If-if the agreement is destroyed…we-we have every right to kill them.”

 Myungsoo stared surprised into space while Joonyoung and Hongbin stared at each other. None heard when Hakyun entered.

“Killing a werewolf is forbidden according to the agreement and that’s how it shall remain.” Hakyun’s voice was cold as ice. He shocked the younger vampires with the way he looked so tense, as if something happened.

Jina was just at the beginning of her conversation with the mysterious vampire.

“Jina, Jina, Jina. It’s a pretty name, isn’t it? Rings nice to the ears of humans.” He chuckled.

“I would love to see you saying that into my face.” Her voice was husky, her tone deadly. She was pissed off and she didn’t even know who the reason was.

“You’d love that, wouldn’t you? But my answer is negative. It’s not time yet.”

She glared at nothingness yet there was someone.

“Who are you?”

The voice was boyish and he couldn’t have been older than she was. He was amused and seemed to make fun of the situation, which reminded her of Myungsoo, yet at the same time he was serious and his chuckles sounded wicked.

“Trying to elucidate me? Not going to work.” His chuckles were emitting around the entire forest. “I’m not playing around, Jina.” She felt a shiver down her spine, which was not like her. “I’m giving you a hard time, aren’t I?” His chuckles stopped after that line. “Good.”

 That time, the voice sounded like it was from behind her. She turned to look at whoever was there but it was nothing.

“What do you want? Kill me like the rest of them?”

He scoffed, a little too loudly. She turned to the left, the sound coming from there, or at least that was what she thought.

“I’m not like the rest of them. You are not like the rest either. You are the key to destroy the arrangement between vampires and werewolves.”

She closed her eyes trying to block every sound out except the anonymous vampire.

 “Ain’t I proud of that…”The sarcasm was rolling down her tongue. The vampire chuckled. “And now what? Kill me, hard thing to do, and make-“

She was interrupted by his laughter.

“I don’t want to kill you, Jina. I don’t want to get uncle mad.” The vampire started, his voice sounding closer.

 “Who are you? Stop this stupid game.” She continued.

Someone attacked her, trying to push her into a tree. She was fast enough to move. Even so, the vampire still wasn’t in sight. Nothing happened afterwards and she had to give up. Jina left, seeing as there was nothing to be done about the anonymous vampire anymore.

“I will strike you when you least expect it.” A voice mumbled evilly from the darkness of the night.

••••••••

Hakyun was still mad about something while the three younger vampires sat in line on the couch. It was a little bit amusing but Hakyun had more important matters to discuss with them.

“What happened back there should not happen from now on.”

It was quick. Was just that? He just wanted to scold them?

“And what do you want? Let vampires kill Jina and after that, kill werewolves and oh! Why not bring Yoo here so we could start a war to-“

Myungsoo got cut off by Hakyun, who pinned him to the wall. His eyes were evil; it was actually very scary.

“Shut your mouth for once and listen to me, Kim Myungsoo. Jina won’t die and the arrangement will be kept. These vampires will be hunted down but not by us.”

“Then by who?” Hongbin asked, getting up and walking closer to his uncle.  “What are you hiding?”

“You will find out soon enough.”

Those were the last words before he flashed upstairs, into his room.

Right after Hakyun left, Jina entered the mansion. She went straight to her room and closed loudly. She was pissed off about something and the only one that was safest to ask was her brother.

Joonyoung found her on the balcony, leaning on the railing. Her eyes were calm; there was no bloodlust in them. She was just watching the moon peacefully. It almost made Joonyoung feel at ease too.

“What’s wrong Jina?”

The girl chuckled, throwing a quick look at her brother over her shoulder.

“The bloodlust is fading away and coming in waves. I don’t know why but it’s getting uncontrollable.”

Joonyoung walked closer to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

“What’s wrong?”

“There’s nothing wrong.” She answered calmly, “I’m not the soft Jina anymore, Joon. I can take care of myself.” She spoke but her brother knew better.

Joonyoung smiled softly and wrapped his arm around her, in a loose back hug. It really felt like they were back in the old times.