Bad News

The Biography of a Vampire

The day seemed to go faster than Jina wanted and she ended up in fron of her house, feeling like she should turn around and go somewhere else.

“To get in or not to get in,” She trailed, biting her lip thoughtfully. 

She heard something shift behind her and turned right in time to get out of the way of a very powerful punch, falling in the process. She got off of the ground and surveyed her surroundings; no one was there. 

With a heavy sigh and mental preparation, she opened the door and walked in, “Here goes nothing

The first thing she heard when she entered was a very annoying voice complaining about the house and other toddlers and kids running through the living room. Entering the kitchen, she found her father having some kind of conversation with his step-sister and her two daughters. Everyone turned to look at Jina when she entered, forcing her to stop mid step and watch them warily.

“Jina! My dear Jina!“ Her aunt started, startling everyone since her voice beamed out of nowhere.

 Jina swallowed nervously and glanced at her father, who shook his head and didn’t raise a finger to help her. She tried smiling at the older woman but it was pretty obvious it was false.

“You’ve grown! But dear, you should really stop eating fast food. We don’t want you to gain weight,” The woman continued, poking Jina’s flat stomach. 

“It’s nice to see you too, imo,” The victim barely spoke before the older woman seized her up and pinched her cheeks like she was a baby, “I will go in my room. I have homework to do.” Jina mumbled, pushing the woman away lightly.

“Jina,” Her father started, the girl glancing at him over her shoulder, “Joonyoung will be sleeping in your room this week,” He announced but she was already aware of that after the last visit.

Jina was just closing the door to her room when she heard something shifting behind. She closed her eyes and sighed, “You and I are sleeping in the same room from now on for a week.” 

“I don’t think so. I talked to Hongbin and it seems we are welcomed anytime to hang out over the Lee mansion,” He stated happily, jumping on her bed.

“Really,” She started, turning around and facing her brother, “That is Plan B, Joon.” 

Joonyoung chuckled and rolled his eyes, his hand searching for the TV remote. She rubbed her back before sitting next to him, snatching the remote from her dresser on the way. At least this time, there was a Plan B.

Meanwhile, at Lee residence Myungsoo was lazing off. The young vampire didn’t have anything fun to do and blood wasn’t needed for now. He thought of going to Jina’s and maybe annoy Hongbin a little more but he couldn’t actually enter the house. That vampire slayer had put defense around the house, just so he will be sure neither he nor Hongbin will enter and surprise them with an innocent visit. 

Myungsoo got interrupted from doing nothing by the other pureblood of the vampire world. He seemed to be in a rush which only piqued Myungsoo’s interest.

“What’s got in your pants?” 

Hongbin didn’t seem at all fazed, which was weird because usually he’d get mad or nag.

Myungsoo got up and tilted his head to the side like an owl, “Really, now. What got you into such a rush?” 

Hongbin stopped and sat on the couch, putting his head between his hands. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow and got closer, warily, to the older vampire.

“They’re already here and they will attack soon. They will start with us, maybe with Joonyoung too and then-” He stopped, his head jolting with wide eyes and panic.

“She’s strong,” Myungsoo started, staring ahead instead of watching hongbin’s creepy face,” She’s done it before; killing is like riding a bicycle, you can never forget it not. She’s even better than before, actually.” 

Hongbin glanced at the young vampire before groaning and leaning back, “If Jina loses control then Bucheon will become a battle field.” 

“Joonyoung is strong enough to protect her. We are here as well. I will call some friends if I have to.” 

Even if he was a smart and Hongbin hated him, they did have something in common. That’s the reason they were there in the first place: the woman they both loved and maybe still did. 

“No one will hurt her and if they do, then they are already dead.” Myungsoo continued coldly, yet he was right. 

Hongbin sighed and closed his eyes, leaning deeper in the couch, “Let’s hope she won’t lose control at all,” He mumbled but he doubted his own idea. 

It seemed Jina fell asleep because when she woke up her brother wasn’t there and she could hear laughter from downstairs.

The vampire girl raised groggily and got off the bed. While walking downstairs she felt as her mood was gradually getting worse and her hand was twitching. The reason was pretty obvious once she got in the living room, Joonyoung standing on the couch with two women ogling their eyes at him.

“Nice to see you, cousin Emi,” Jina started while sitting in between Joonyoung and her touchy cousin. Her brother smiled gratefully and literally glued himself to her side. “Is there something you need?” Jina asked once she noticed her cousin was staring at her closely.

“No. You’ve changed from the last time I saw you.”

“Of course she did. She’s grown up a lot,” Joonyoung interfered, smiling at his sister, “A lot more than you have in 20 years,” He added rudely, Emi’s eyes widening at his comment.

Jina snickered but leaned towards her brother and whispered, “You didn’t have to do this. Now who knows what she may think or tell her siblings, the devils,”

Joonyoung laughed lightly and shook his head while wrapping his hand around her in a loose one sided hug, “We are the devils, Jina,”

Suddenly, their aunt walked down, a frown on her face and a lot of complaints up her sleeve. Joonyoung gulped and got up quickly but Jina flashed away, beating him to it.

“Don’t leave me here to die!” He screamed, very loudly too, but Jina didn’t seem to mind the torture she just left her brother to experience. It was payback, actually because the last time their aunt visited, Jina had to come up with a lot of random ty excuses for why the bed was cold or the installation in the bathroom wasn’t fit for someone so conceited as her aunt.

Jina just literally stepped inside her room when her phone rang.

The voice on the other side seemed frantic, “Is this Jung Jina?”

“Yes. Who’s this?”

“Take care of yourself and Myungsoo. He thinks they’re coming for you but he doesn’t even know what they’re planning exactly. I know I’m just a strange voice calling out of nowhere but, please, take care of Myungsoo,”

Jina frowned but the caller hung up before she could say something in return.