Let The Party Begin

The Biography of a Vampire

Jina remained dumbstruck, staring at the phone in her hand with thousands of thoughts going overdrive in her head. She sighed before she sat on the bed and rubbed her temples. While trying to relax and clean her head off those horrible thoughts the phone rang again.

She answered right away, “Who’s this?”

“Yuna. I just wanted to tell you there’s a festival coming. It’s about dancing and teenagers and how can dance influence someone’s life or something like that. There will be a lot of contestants,” She took a short pause before continuing; “I signed us up for it.”

Jina blinked, completely taken aback by the sudden news, “When is the actual contest?” She asked before anything else.

“A month or two from now but we have to practice. I prepared everything you just have to learn the moves,”

“Who else have you dragged in?”

Jina could imagine Yuna’s scolding face on the other side.

“It’s an opportunity. Besides, it’s for Seulgi. She had always dreamed to become a choreographer but her parents had other plans; this for her. She does the choreography and we learn it. Embrace yourself,"

Jina kept shut, still registering how hard the next few months will be and how her patience will be tested. Seulgi is famous for her intense style of living and she won’t let the rest off easily. Yuna hung up, letting Jina fall back on her bed, feeling tired already.

“Great. After I have to deal with my problems, I have to deal with hers too,” She moaned, covering her eyes with one hand.

••••••••

Jonnyoung wasn’t too fond of his cousins and he didn’t need bonding time or any time with them. He flashed upstairs in his sister’s room and noticed her sleeping peacefully on the bed. He smiled softly, event that rarely happens, and sat on the bed, next to her. It was unbelievable how such a nice girl could transform into a demon in just a few seconds. She stirred making the male vampire shrug the negative thoughts off.

“What do you want?” She asked groggily.

“I’m going to Hongbin’s. I’ll spend my time there and maybe sleep over,” He responded, watching her like an older loving brother would,

She nodded approvingly and rubbed her eyes, “What?” She asked after seeing Joonyoung’s glint in his eyes.  

Joonyoung laughed, Jina furrowing her eyebrows, watching her brother weirdly.

••••••••

“You don’t really look like a vampire. I remember you were even softer and baby-ish before,” Joonyoung stated out of nowhere. Jina scoffed and pushed him away playfully, “Are you coming?” He asked while opening the balcony doors.

Jina shook her head and fell back on the bed, “You go. I’ll come later if I feel too annoyed,”

He nodded chuckling and took off.

Jina sighed and closed her eyes, enjoying the silence. Unfortunately, it didn’t last long because the two old daughters started to fight over something downstairs. Jina seriously didn’t want to know what about but she felt like she had to stop them or else she might kill them.

••••••••

“What are you fighting for?” Jina asked once she got downstairs, her head pounding.

“I met a guy. Plus, tonight’s this weird party for money. Something about the most wanted men in Bucheon. The women pay for some fun,” She smirked and wiggled her eyebrows. “Mom and her sister will be there. Uncle too since he’s for sale,” She continued.

“You met a guy and you’re fighting a 16 years old teenager for him? How old is he anyway?” Jina asked confused.

Her older cousin Emi answered, “He’s somewhere in his early twenties or maybe a bit older but he looks feisty.”

“I have seen him too around town. He has these cute dimples but he glares at everyone around him.”  The younger cousin, Haena continued; a sixteen years old student was crushing on someone who might go for her older sister any time. Humanity has gone on a weird path.

“If he is as handsome as you say, he will be pretty expensive, you know,” Jina started, trying to make it sound like a joke but it was actually very realistic. A man that seemed out of a magazine was definitely going to ask for lots of money. 

••••••••

The day progressed quite well for some unknown reason. The sisters were still fighting over that mysterious guy but they weren’t as annoying and loud as before. Jina was surprised and started to have second thoughts about them being pests. They might have grown up in their own way.

But it was still suffocating with so many people around and every sound they would make, Jian would hear it clearly. In the end, she decided to go upstairs and ask her father about the party, have some fun with his new y, free and single label

She knocked first, “Can I enter?” 

Jina heard her father yelling ‘yes’ and opened the door. The room was very different than hers and Joonyoung’s. It was a total mess and he had so many hospital stuff all around, something smelled badly and his bed was blocking the door towards his balcony. Jina couldn’t understand why her father was such a wanted bachelor already when he hasn’t even invited his co workers for dinner or a drink. Besides, there was the supernatural factor that was making everything even worse.

Jina’s eyes fell on the old man and chuckled, walking closer. He was getting ready for the benefactor party and couldn’t choose which tie would go best with his dress shirt. 

He might have noticed her surprised expression because he turned to her, “What? Have you thought your father is old and grumpy? I’m in a perfect shape!”

He was wearing a nice buttoned up shirt with his two first buttons opened to show the start of a nice and fit chest and a pair of black comfortable pants. The amusing fact was that he was wearing a pair of black converse instead of oxfords or anything elegant. However, her father did look attractive, she could admit that much.

“You look like you have put a lot of thought into this attire,” She started bemusedly.

“I did. I want to look half as good as my competitors.”

Jina scoffed and punched him in the arm playfully. It must have been stronger than she intended because he actually flinched. Realizing that she couldn’t control her strength, she felt embarrassed and retreated on his bed.

 “Are there any competitors?” She changed the subject but it looked like his face paled at the mention of that.

Jitae took a deep breath before placing his ties aside and walking to his daughter, “Hongbin’s uncle and Myungsoo.”

Jina’s smile cracked. She needed a few moments to register what he said before she realized how everything was making sense now. The cousins were speaking about some amazing handsome guy that was taken out from magazines so they were definitely speaking of that little devil.

“Should I be wary?” Jina asked out of nowhere.

Jitae frowned, “Wary? Why? No! I want you to have fun. If anything happens…let’s hope nothing happens.” He finished before getting up and choosing the red tie.

“Right…”

••••••••

At the Lee mansion, Joonyoung was forced to interrupt the blood fest and Supernatural marathon by the older Lee and change into formal clothes for a party he hasn’t even know of. However, he wasn’t the only one getting ready with a scowl on his face.

“You should smile for the camera when time comes. You may be lucky and actually appear in the photos,”

Joonyoung was talking about that old myth that vampires don’t have reflections, which was partially true. Even as he was tidying his suit, Myungsoo couldn’t see his face in the mirror even if he could see the rest of his body.

 “I hate formal clothes.” The younger vampire mumbled, feeling uncomfortable with that blue jacket over his shirt. Even the pants were too tight for his liking.

“These aren’t formal clothes. You look normal.”

Even if he looked unhappy with the situation, getting human females without doing anything and practically throwing themselves at him seemed fun. There was one girl he wanted to impress and going out with someone that may pay for attention wasn’t a good way.

The door cracked open and the elder Lee glanced at the two boys before placing his hands in his pockets, “Are you two ready?”

Going by the name Ha Kyun, the elder vampire was visibly older than all of them, even Jitae. However, he had a great sense of fashion, as it could be seen and he was that kind of person that wouldn’t care about much in life. Of course not, since he was undead but that was another story.

“I hate parties.” Ha Kyun stated seriously. He really hated the parties from small cities because nothing was ever happening and everyone knew everyone.

••••••••

The party was being held in the mansion of the chief deputy of Firehole, commonly known as Song Minho’s father.  People were invading the base floor and garden rapidly in very elegant clothes. One way or another, Jina got dragged along by her cousins who wanted to show their Adonis to her and rub it in her face if they could get their hands on him.

Being inside with so many unknown faces was making Jina feel a little inferior, being around such a rich family. At school, Minho would act or give any sign that he could bathe in money if he wanted to; he was really modest from what Jina noticed.

The vampires strutted groggily inside, looking at everything and anything. Jina was keeping close to Hongbin and the three bachelors of the group were getting lost into the crowd. Joonyoung went directly to the bar and the ‘family’ got lost too, thankfully.

“Are you sure it’s good to let your brother drink?”

Jina glanced at her brother right away, her intense gaze forcing him to put the glass of alcohol down and opt for ice tea. Hongbin chuckled; it was amazing how much power she had over her brother and how loyal he actually was to her.

While still walking around, every bachelor was working to impress his own fan club. For example, Ha Kyun was being the opposite of who he was at home. Women were circling around him, watching him like wolves ready to pounce on him when no one was looking. The vampire slayer Jitae was smiling kindly and trying to look good while the woman he was talking with- and it was surprisingly Yuna’s mother- was rambling on and on about something.

And Myungsoo…well, he was in his element yet he wasn’t.

"He's so annoying. It’s like he dares them to go and take a bite or something.”  Hongbin mumbled, taking a glass of champagne when the butler passed by.

Truthfully, standing there with no expression on his face was attractive in a very weird way. Jina wasn’t the only one who was finding Myungsoo as being available; young women were glancing at him often before whispering to each other.

“Well, it seems like they appeal different women so no one will die tonight.” She sighed and turned to Hongbin and Joonyoung, “You should be fine on your own too.” She finished before making her way towards the stairs to the first floor.

 

 (Shin Ha Kyun)