The Master

The Biography of a Vampire

The next hours passed incredibly slow. The entire group of vampires and vampire slayers moved over to Jitae’s house. When they arrived there, Jitae already had the place prepared: tables were filled with weapons and the fridge was filled with blood. He knew he will have to deal with angry, dangerous vampires, especially Hakyun.

“I can’t believe it! She’s-she’d lost it! Completely!”

Myungsoo has been whining from the moment he set foot inside. On the other side, Hongbin didn’t move an inch ever since he arrived. The problem in that house was Joonyoung. Jitae noticed the way he’d shift every now and then or how he hasn’t stopped fidgeting from the moment he came.

“You have to be tough and resist it, Joon.” The slayer mumbled to his son, encouraging him.

The human didn’t know what to do or what to say to make him feel better. Jitae hasn’t heard from his ‘kids’ in a while and with all those vampires coming constantly, looking for trouble, it was pretty hard to sleep at night.

“She’s getting me crazy.” Joonyoung whispered, leaning against the wall in order to keep himself on his feet.

He could feel what his sister was feeling and it was a lot. Joonyoung was moving from anger but at the same time so much sorrow. He wanted to kill and wanted to see and feel every detail of the murder. He wanted to see and provoke chaos, massacres! It was overwhelming. Joonyoung growled, his eyes reddening and fangs sharpening at the thought of blood.

“She’s so powerful. Her mind is moving so fast and out bond is- God!” He grabbed his chest in pain.

When Hakyun walked closer, no one expected him to punch Joonyoung. It didn’t calm him down at all; it tempted him to be even worse. Joonyoung screamed loudly, his eyes widening when he felt his stomach on fire. Right afterwards, he fell unconscious.

“Get him upstairs and chain him. It might get even worse.” Hakyun advised before turning to the door.

Jitae nodded and Myungsoo helped the human carry the heavy body upstairs.

With Jitae out of the room, Hakyun turned to the front door. He could smell the wolf and he wasn’t happy. As soon as Mino opened the front door and placed foot inside the house, Hakyun had him hanging in the air. Poor Mino could only look back, to the person that insisted on coming along.

“I told you to get rid of the vampires.” Hakyun hissed, his grip on Mino’s neck tightening when he saw Dongwon.

“It wasn’t my business. No one knew this will happen.”

Hakyun scoffed and threw the wolf aside before flashing in front of the older werewolf.

“I knew!” Hakyun screamed angrily, “Everything is your fault.”

 

While everyone was scared or terrified, there was another knock on the door. Dana was watching everything bemusedly when she heard it and took it upon herself to answer. On the other side of the door was a guy that didn’t seem older than Myungsoo and didn’t look happy at all. He pushed Dana aside and entered elegantly.

“Who are you?” Hongbin was the first to react.

“It’s none of your business.” The boy answered, looking through the room for someone in particular, “Where’s Joonyoung? Is he well?” He asked.

Jitae was just walking down the stairs after moving his son in his room when he saw the new guy.

“He’s fine for now. Who are you?” Jitae asked, wary of the newcomer.

The answer came from the person who knew best.

“Lee Minhyuk. You came here to aid us with your mere presence?” Hakyun started sarcastically.

“I had a chat with da-Gong Yoo.” Minhyuk started, turning towards the werewolf, “He’s not happy at all, Dongwon. He said he gave you strict orders.”

The werewolf glared at the younger boy and pushed Hakyun away.

“He never told me to kill vampires. He just wanted me here to keep the werewolves away.”

Jitae looked bewildered between the two.

“Why would werewolves come here?”

“Yoo heard that werewolves might strike. Vampires came here for a reason and that is destroying the agreement. Vampires are too proud for their safety. There were werewolves that actually wanted to come and supposedly help but that would just raise more questions. They got the hint and decided to stay out of it.” Dongwon explained.

“I remember Yoo saying something about keeping Jina safe.” Minhyuk added quickly, raising an eyebrow as if he was superior to the old wolf.

“I did. I instructed the slayers in Bucheon where to go and who to kill.”

The young immortal rolled his eyes.

“Why are you here?” Hongbin asked, coming closer to the new face.

“I was supposed to keep Jina under control. Hongbin and Myungsoo are too involved for Jina’s safety. But like always, she can’t stay still for a second and I can’t keep up with her.” Minhyuk admitted, sighing heavily at the thought.

“You both failed.”

For the first time in their lives, Hakyun and Dongwon visibly tensed in fear not anger. Both were scared of the same person even if they would never admit it out loud. Seeing him up close, Hongbin could understand why. The immense pressure of that man’s presence was overwhelming, just like Jina’s. Hongbin was shocked, no, everyone was.

Minhyuk gulped and straightened himself out.

“I-“

He got interrupted by a wave of energy throwing him against the coffee table in the living room. Dana and Mino flinched and jumped when the corpse landed in front of them. Unfortunately for Minhyuk, he fell on the wrong table, getting a wooden stake through his side.

“So you’re here making such an appearance. It’s been a while.” Hakyun started, finally regaining his confidence.

The man didn’t do anything but raise an eyebrow yet the way he was looking at them was so intense, as if he could kill you with his eyes.

“Yoo,”

Myungsoo was walking down after chaining Joonyoung to the bed when he saw his face. When Myungsoo pronounced his name, everything became logical. The eldest vampire alive, the one who made the agreement, the most dangerous vampire and above anything else, Jina’s uncle.

“If you’re here it means it’s bad. Very bad.” The former novice whispered, walking closer to his former master.

“She will be hard to catch. She needs an incredible power to calm down.” His eyes trailed over the bodies in the room and narrowed his eyes. “Where is Joonyoung?”

“He’s in his room. He’s not himself.” Again, Myungsoo answered.

Yoo took a long look around the room, his eyes falling on every face before flashing upstairs. He opened the door slowly and walked in, his eyes set on his nephew.

“What will happen now?” Myungsoo asked from the top of the stairs.

“Until Jina will regain control, Joonyoung will be in this state.” He sighed and sat on the edge of the bad, his eyes still set on Joonyoung’s sleeping face. “She will either get killed or, through a miracle, stop on her own.”

Myungsoo sighed and grabbed a hand through his hair. It was going to be one hell of a fight to get Jina back to normal.

••••••••

With Gong Yoo, incredible and dangerous vampire, being upstairs into a room, the group downstairs couldn’t even dare speaking. Joonyoung was still out in while Hongbin was trying really hard to grasp the facts. Myungsoo seemed to be one of the few people that actually seemed comfortable; Myungsoo and Minhyuk were the closest there was to Yoo. Unfortunately, Minhyuk found himself being attended by a vampire slayer.

“What should we do now?” Dana asked, almost murmured to her mother.

Minhyuk heard her clearly and glanced at her, making her move uncomfortably. His eyes were exactly the same as Yoo’s.

“We will fight, obviously. It’s either her or everyone else. I bet she already killed the vampires around Bucheon.”

“If Joonyoung is unconscious, that means Jina might have calmed down a bit, right?” Dana continued, Minhyuk’s heavy gaze still on her face.

“Or maybe it was too much and he fainted. That’s how organisms work.” The young vampire retorted.

“Actually, that might be right.” Hakyun started, “Jina is most likely resting. It’s been a big blow for her. I’m almost sure she is in the place she feels the safest.”

That single comment seemed to have triggered something in Hongbin’s head.

“The old Jung house,”

“Is that still standing?” Myungsoo asked.

“Of course. I just didn’t think she will like to go back there. It’s in the same state as on the day she left.”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened, his head snapping to Hakyun, thinking about the same thing.


••••••••

In his room, Yoo was watching TV. In just one day, Jina killed ten people and the police found the dead bodies of other fifteen in the forest. Those were surely vampires but still Yoo couldn’t believe he had to get involved personally. While he was in his own world, he heard something being splashed onto the window. He walked over to see blood before looking downwards and seeing a body near the house. The body must have had dropped down. Yoo didn’t seem surprised but didn’t seem happy either.

“Don’t force my hand, Jina.”