Mysterious

The Biography of a Vampire

Outside, Jina still had fangs and red eyes. Myungsoo grabbed her face and forced her to look into his eyes.

“Calm down. Everything’s ok.”

Jina growled and pushed him against a wall squeezing his neck.

“Don’t order me around. I changed you, Myungsoo.”  She threatened before flashing away.

When the door to the bar opened, out got everyone from the small circle Jina was in. Minho stopped raised an eyebrow. “That was just the beginning.”

Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at the teenager. “What do you know?”

Minho smirked. “More than you do that’s for sure.”

Myungsoo sighed and closed his eyes, concentrating on what he should do next.

“I will help you because Jina is a good friend.”

Myungsoo scoffed, “Yeah right. You’re just scared, pathetic human.” Myungsoo got himself in the same position Jina had him. “Ok, maybe you’re not that pathetic.”

 The human let Myungsoo fall on his feet and kept the distance. “Tell your friends to keep an eye on everything. Don’t let her meet someone inappropriate.”

Minho left after those last words of wisdom but he just perked Myungsoo’s endless curiosity.  

 

With Jina things weren’t too pink. She flashed away from Myungsoo and went to the only place she felt partially free: the forest. It was weird how fast she relaxed once she stepped inside. She walked to the small lake and washed her face, trying to regain full control.

“The princess is losing control?”

Jina raised her head, tensing. She turned slowly her head and came face to face with thin air. There was nothing, no one.

 “Aw, are you searching for me?”

Jina turned her head to left and to right but no one was there.

“You can’t see me. You can’t see what’s inside of you. You can just listen, you can’t oppose; just like old times when you couldn’t fight back to your wishes or needs. Look at your reflection in the water. What do you see?”

Jina did as the voice said and looked down, her eyes widening at the sight. Her eyes were red; her fangs were covered in blood; actually, she had blood on her entire face and clothes. Her hair was messy and her lips were quirked up in a sadistic smirk.

 “You don’t like what you see do you? But that’s what you truly are. You can’t even defend yourself in your present situation. You have just two idiots fighting for your heart, an older brother, a human father and an older vampire that doesn’t give a about your fate. They can’t protect your forever. Open your mind, Jina.”

The vampire started to breathe harder, the air around smelling of fresh blood. She got up and took a few steps back, away from the water. She backed off until she hit the tree.

“Open your mind and revive. Let the real Jung Jina out.”

The female dropped down on her knees grasping her head in between her hands.

“Get out of my head!”

The voice chuckled darkly, “I am you. Today you wanted to kill that pathetic human. Today you just proved that I’m still there, locked inside your soul. You are me, your soul is mine and I will have it back, one way or another.”

Silence engulfed the clearing but Jina could still hear that dark chuckle in the back of her mind. 

 

On the other side of the town, Jung Jitae was sitting at a table of two, a young and pretty woman opposite him. They were laughing and talking and joking and it seemed like his date was quite a catch. She wasn’t too tall, mostly because he wasn’t either yet she wasn’t too tiny. She was perfect for Jitae but he didn’t like her in that way. She was a smart and nice woman but he was a vampire slayer. Not a good match.

Anyway, in the same restaurant was another woman with big hazel eyes, reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. At a first glance she looked like your usual woman but at a closer inspection you could see she had guns and knives hidden around her waist and her coat. She was listening to the busy people around her, taking notes if something sounded out of place. The newspaper was just a diversion so she could work in peace. Her eyes caught Jitae's a few times especially since there was something unusual around him.

He wasn't the only one, actually. The woman couldn't shrug off the bad vibes around Bucheon. Especially not after what happened a few days ago.

It was raining heavily and the roads were getting slippery. No one was on the road except one car.

“Why are we going to Bucheon suddenly?”

The woman with hazel eyes and dark brown hair glanced at the teenager next to her and smiled.

“Because it needs us. Bloodsuckers aren’t something easy to deal with.”

The teenager girl sighed and leaned her head on the window.she could really say anything against her mother since well...she was her mother.

It became silent again as the rain continued to pour down. The mother was ready to say something again when something landed on the car with a loud noise. The woman stopped the car and glanced at her daughter.

“Stay inside.”

The girl scoffed. The mother smirked and took two guns from the back, giving one to her daughter before they both got out.

There was nothing on the car or anywhere close. The woman heard a noise coming from the forest and exchanged a knowing glance with her saughter before they hurried after the noise. It was dark and scary but not enough to scare them.

A branch snapped behind the woman.

“Dana, come closer.”

The girl couldn’t respond because something grabbed her and covered .

When the woman realized her daughter was gone she narrowed her eyes as she tightened her grip on the gun.

“Come out! Show yourself!” She felt a chill down her spine as she screamed because she was aware of what was in the darkness. “Let her go and I won't-”

The vampire smirked cockily and flashed in front of her with her daughter held in his grasp.

“Won't what? Blow my brain out? That's quite old don't you think?”

The woman rolled her eyes and shot him in the hand. Surprisingly, it hurt.

“You’re an idiot if you underestimate a vampire slayer. These bullets aren’t like any other. They’re not just made of silver. I know vampires these days found amethysts.”

The vampire raised an eyebrow before he laughed in her face.

“That’s old too. Amethysts were found by the noble families. Two are still alive. The most dangerous is alive: Jung Jina.” The woman flinched at the name. “Oh, so you heard of her. It it said that she was devil reincarnated. She’s under control now but for how long?” The vampire wondered out loud before pushing the teenager towards her mother. "I’m here just to catch a glimpse. Vampires from all around the world will camp here for the same reason when they will find out that she’s alive.”

The woman gasped. “But that means not everyone knows about her existence,”

The vampire flashed in front of the woman and hissed, “No. No one knows, actually. They’re coming to Bucheon for a different reason.”

The woman glared at him. “Why are you telling me this?”

He smirked. “Because Bucheon will become a battlefield soon enough. And Jina, dear Jina will be the cherry on top. You-” He started, pointing at both humans. “-will become our toys.”

He laughed like a maniac before he hissed one last time and flashed away.