Invading

The Biography of a Vampire

Meanwhile, in a nicer and calmer part of the city, Myungsoo placed Jina’s bed into one of the rooms; his, more exactly. He almost smiled just at the simple thought that he might sleep in the same room as her.

Now that Joonyoung had his own room, Jina could be his new roommate.

“Hello, darling!” Joonyoung said, entering the hall.

He looked worn out and couldn’t walk properly but he did make it to the first door, which was Myungsoo’s room. He popped his head in and looked around, his eyes landing quickly on the bed he knew all too well.

“What’s Jina’s bed doing in here?”

The younger vampire didn’t say anything yet Joonyoung realized the reason pretty fast. 

“Oh.”

He raised an eyebrow trying to figure what to do next when he heard the door downstairs open. He instantly felt Jina’s mood and it wasn’t one to mess with. Joonyoung flashed into the bathroom and closed the door hard, locking it. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and walked downstairs, into the living room where Jina was staring at the new surroundings.

“I remember this place vaguely…” She started, her eyes traveling slowly from the biggest object in the room to the smallest detail on the carpet. It was indeed a beautiful house, old and rusty but the furnishing was in good condition.

“Jina! My dear Jina!” Hakyun exclaimed before his smile fell into a thin line, “What are you doing here?”

“Vampires are in town and they saw her. She’ll be safe here.” Hongbin explained before he noticed something weird about his uncle, “Are you alright, hyung?”

The so called man looked to his nephew and nodded.

“I just had one hell of a date.” He responded, scrunching his nose when he remembered all the time he wasted.

“Feisty date? Must’ve been nice to it out, huh?”

Hakyun shook his head smiling.

“She talked too much. But thankfully, I shut her up.”

Jina raised an eyebrow at Hakyun’s remark, “You killed an innocent human?”

Hakyun scoffed and went to the kitchen. In this time Myungsoo went to the couch and plopped on it, both hands behind his head. Hongbin walked upstairs to put everything in place. Jina remained on the same place the whole time, her eyes going from one thing to another. Hakyun came back from the kitchen, a glass of fresh blood in his hand, a fresh smirk on his face.

“She wasn’t innocent at all. She planned the entire night, thinking she will get some action.” He pouted. “She was pretty. Well, not as pretty as you are.”

Jina stood there, staring at Hakyun’ brown eyes without sketching a twitch even.

Myungsoo glanced from Jina to Hakyun before he started to chuckle. It was barely noticeable but her lips curved into a smirk and her whole pose seemed to straighten. It was hard for Hakyun to see the difference but Myungsoo could see it clearly; old Jung Jina was breaking out.

“Shin Hakyun...” She started, also pacing around him as if he was her prey,“I would take care how you approach me because I’m telling you, I’m not my brother.” She retorted bemusedly yet her tone was pretty firm.

“Indeed a noble, aren’t you?” Hakyun remarked coldly.

Myungsoo was obviously going to say something to make everything worse when Joonyoung walked down the stairs.

“You’ve drank.” Jina smelled it from the moment she walked inside the room.  “You should’ve known by now that drinking won’t help the thirst.” She added, narrowing her eyes at her brother.

Joonyoung chuckled bemusedly, feeling some sort of familiarity, like they’ve been through this before but under different circumstances. He was ready to answer her when her phone rang.

Myungsoo narrowed his eyes bemusedly when he saw her relax suddenly, as if she’s been tense for the past minutes or so.

“Jin! We haven’t talked in ages!”

Jina cringed at Yuna’s voice. With what was happening, she didn’t want to get her friends involved.

“I’ve been busy lately.”

She glanced up to see three pairs of eyes staring at her. Hakyun was nowhere in sight.

“You didn’t come to rehearsals and Seulgi is mad. She was fuming yesterday! I thought she might even send fire on her nose!”

“What do you want from me?” The vampire girl asked, feeling her patience leave her body.

“Don't need to be so direct. Tonight’s a party at Fey’s. I thought you might want to know. We’re all going to be there, the new students inclusive. Oh and I met this- “

Jina’s eyes widened as she caught onto something important.

“What new students?”

“You haven’t been to school today and don’t know, of course. There are three new students. One is a girl, she’s about 17 years old and she’s brunette, curly hair. The other two are boys. One has short brown hair, skinny. The other is a shorter than the first. You should totally come to the party and see them for yourself!”

Jina looked straight at her brother before she agreed and hung up.

“Two new students, both boys. They arrived today. This is definitely not a coincidence.”

Hongbin sighed and nodded, “It’s not. They might be vampires.”

 “They are vampires. Can’t you feel it? One of them might as well be the one who saw Jina!” Myungsoo exclaimed, not helping but feeling eager.

The vampire girl bent her head and sighed heavily. She didn’t know what to do, it was dangerous.

“Calm down. Nothing bad will happen. We’ll just have to wait and see what's in store.” Hongbin tried to assure her but he knew it was more for himself.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and walked closer to the two.

“Or in other words wait until one of them has the guts to start the war and get us killed.”

Hongbin glared at the younger vampire but Myungsoo looked ready to taunt the noble more.

Joonyoung scoffed and took Jina’s hand, “Come on. I sense a fight.”

The girl glanced between the two glaring vampires, feeling the intensity between them. She sighed and brushed Joonyoung’s hand off.

“Tonight is a party at Fey’s. We should go and relax. The two will be there too. We’ll get rid of them if it needed.”

Everyone agreed and Jina left.

That night was going to be eventful. Hongbin and Myungsoo were ready while Joonyoung disappeared. Hakyun didn’t give a so he just chose to go and look for dinner.

“Where the hell is she?”

Myungsoo wasn’t one to wait for somebody, not even Jina. He was growing annoyed each passing moment. Hongbin glanced at his ‘enemy’ with a quirked eyebrow, amused.

“I thought you know her better than anyone. Shouldn’t you know she takes longer than you to get ready?”

Myungsoo turned his head and glared at the older vampire, annoyed. He was ready to say a smartass comeback but he got interrupted by the beautiful vampire, walking down the stairs. Both boys stared at her. She didn’t wear something low cut or a short dress but tight jeans and a black shirt; it wasn’t what she was wearing but the way she was looking at them, the way she was descending the stairs and most importantly, the atmosphere she was giving off.  She rolled her eyes and walked past them, closing their mouths on the way.

“Let’s finish with this.”

Both boys turned their heads and stared at the vampire leaving the house. Hongbin was the first to get out of the trance and glanced at Myungsoo. The younger male nodded and went to take two special sticks.

“She’ll hate us if we kill them and don’t tell her.” Hongbin rolled his eyes at Myungsoo’s statement. “Does sweet Hongbin want to keep secrets from his ‘long lost love’?”

The noble vampire didn’t comment and just walked out.

People were literally invading the bar and Joonyoung was one of them. He chose to leave earlier so he could inspect the place but hhe didn’t find anything out of place.

 “Can you help me please?”

 The vampire turned his dark eyes to the person who touched his arm. He was shocked of what he saw. There she was…

“An angel…” He whispered.

The girl furrowed her eyebrows together and frowned, “What?”

Joonyoung got out of his thoughts and shook his head but that didn’t mean he stopped taking peeks at her.

“Is there something wrong?”

Again, the vampire shook his head and focused on his drink.

“N-No. Everything’s fine. I was just-” He didn’t know what to invent.

Thankfully, the girl smiled, “I’m Dana.”

His eyes trailed from her eyes to her bright, white smile and down to her smooth, tiny body and in the end, to her hand. Her curls were dancing while she started laughing slightly.

 “I don’t bite.” She joked.

“But I do.” Joonyoung whispered, drinking his glass in one gulp before asking for another and turning to her.

When Jina got out the car, she was stressed. She didn’t know how to act, what will happen or what she will see. How will she recognize the two vampires?

“Relax.” Hongbin said softly patting her back and leading her inside.

In the moment she put her foot on the floor she got hit with a huge wave of music. She took a deep breath and let herself be controlled by the natural vampiric senses.

“Let’s get this party started.” Myungsoo smirked and grabbed Jina by the waist, leading her to the dance floor.

••••••••

Time passed quickly and Jina got bored even quicker. Dancing with Hongbin and Myungsoo was not as entertaining as she imagined and having Seulgi stare at her from the other side of the abr was not helping either.  Jina wanted to drink something hard yet when she got at the bar someone else interfered.

“Four double tequilas.” The stranger said before sitting next to her, “We can’t have a beautiful lady like her pay for herself.” He added, throwing a curious look at her.

“And who might you be?”

He smirked and covered her hand with his.

“Wonsik.” He grabbed her hand and kissed it.

 She narrowed her eyes at the new acquaintance, “You’re one of the new kids?”

He nodded his head, that stupid smirk never leaving his face.

“It’s an honor to finally meet you-” He stopped and leaned in, crossing the personal comfort line. “Jung Jina.” He whispered before his eyes changed quickly to red.

She didn’t have time to react because he left as vaguely as he arrived.