Chapter 5

Kim Jaejoong, the cold hearted man.

As soon as Jaejoong reached school, he went to Yui’s classroom hoping that she has reached school. Sadly, only Minho and Yuri was there and there was no sight of Yui at all. Yui and Jaejoong shared a similar class which is the History class. Jaejoong was seated at his normal seat and was patiently waiting for Yui to enter the class. He needed to see her; he needed to talk to her. As soon as Yui enter the class, Mrs Choi also entered the class. Thus, Jaejoong did not have the chance to talk to her. Class ended and Jaejoong was packing his stuff real quick in order to talk to Yui but luck wasn’t by his side.

“Hi Oppa! It’s break time now, do you want to have lunch with me? Oppa? Why do I see dark circles around your eyes? Didn’t you sleep? Are you feeling sick Oppa?” said Jessica as she placed the back of her hands on Jaejoong’s forehead.

“Don’t touch me!” Jaejoong roared as he went out of the class in hope to see Yui still there. Sadly, Yui was already gone. Jaejoong sighed as he went for the next lesson. The bell rang and it was break. Jaejoong knew she was going to be in the cafeteria and thus he quickly went there. There she was, seated with her usual friends. They were laughing heartily and Yui was smiling. Unknowingly, Jaejoong smiled when he look at her. However, Yui’s smile was gone as soon as she turned her head to see Jaejoong 5 tables away from her.

“Yah. He is looking at our direction!” said Yuri.

“And he is smiling. WHAAAT?!” said Minho.

“Is he coming here?” said Yui.

“Yes, I think so.” said Yuri.

“Yah! He is coming here Yui-ah!!” said Minho as Yui closed her eyes tight.

“Can I borrow your friend for a while?” she flinched when she heard that voice.

“No!” said Yuri and Minho in unison as Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

“Yui, could you follow me for a while? Please? I need to talk to you.” said Jaejoong as he looked at her with pleading eyes.

“No! We do not want you to hurt her again with your words Kim Jaejoong!” said Yuri as she glared at her.

“Yah! I didn’t ask you!” Jaejoong roared and Yui flinched again. His heart ached when he saw her flinching whenever he shouted. He felt guilty. He felt as if he was responsible if she was traumatized or something.

“Yui? Please? Just for a while. I wouldn’t hurt you, I promise.” said Jaejoong as he pleaded again.

“You better keep to your promise! If not…” said Minho as he gave him a deathly glare.

“Ehm.. Yes, just for a while.” Yui finally spoken.

“Thank you! Let’s go!” said Jaejoong as he held her wrist and pulled her away from her friends.

“Make sure you return her to us in pieces!” Minho shouted.

“Can I know where we are going?” said Yui as she gave him a frightened look.

“You will know when we get there.” said Jaejoong as he brought her to the rooftop.

 

“Come sit here.” said Jaejoong as he patted the empty spot beside him. Yui took a seat but it was clear that she was avoiding him. The gap was just so wide. Jaejoong then move closer, but Yui flinched as her move.

“I’m sorry that I scare you.” said Jaejoong as he looked down.

“I have something to tell you.” said the both of them in unison.

“You go first.” said Jaejoong.

Yui got up from her seat and bow ninety degree in front of Jaejoong and said “I’m sorry about the orange juice incident. Please forgive me.” said Yui as she still remained in her bowing position.

“Yah! Get up.” as he pulled Yui to seat again.

“You know what. It wasn’t your fault. I mean, it was your fault for being careless and splashing the drink on me but I know it Jessica who pushed you. I’m sorry that my words were harsh when you were actually helping me. I’m really sorry. I’m not supposed to have acted that way. I hope you forgive me.” said Jaejoong as he looked apologetically at Yui.

“Oh. It’s okay, I’m fine.” said Yui as she nodded her head.

“No, you aren’t. You are scared of me aren’t you?” Jaejoong sighed.

“But, I’m sincerely sorry about what I’ve said. I have reflected and I over-reacted.” said Jaejoong as he took a bottle and drank the orange juice.

Yui just sat there in silence, not knowing on what to reply. It was true that she was slightly scared of him, but not as much as before he apologizes. His image seems calmer than before. Yui was deep in thought when she Jaejoong shook her body.

“Here, have some. I made it for you as a token of apology.” said Jaejoong as he handed her a lunch box and a bottle of orange juice. Yui gave him a doubtful look.

“There isn’t any poison, I swear.” Jaejoong said as if he can read her mind.

“Oh, thank you. I’ll eat it well.” she said and she opened the lid of the box. It was potato salad. POTATO salad!!

“POTATO SALAD?!” Yui shouted.

“Eh? Why? You don’t like it. I’m sorry!” said Jaejoong as he tried to take away the box from her.

“Aniyo! It’s more than that! I love potato salad! I love potatoes!” said Yui as her eyes glistened with excitement and was formed in a curve. Jaejoong chuckled at her reaction. She was somehow, unique. She never failed to amaze him.

“Great! Eat a lot!” said Jaejoong as he waited for her to eat it.

“Wah! It’s heavenly! You made this better than Chef Lee!” Yui chimed and Jaejoong couldn’t stop chuckled at her child-like reaction. One moment she was a scared little kitten, now she turned into a cute little 5 years old who just gotten her ice-cream. Jaejoong was just looking at her eating and he was all smiles. Yui then turned towards him with a confused look.

“Why aren’t you eating?” said Yui.

“I was in a hurry today and I wasn’t able to pack lunch for myself. Heh.” said Jaejoong as he rubs his hand at the back of his neck.

“Here! Share it with me!” said Yui as she shoves the food towards Jaejoong for him to have a bite of it.

“Thank you.” said Jaejoong as he moved closer to her and had some of the food.

“You’re amazing Kim Jaejoong. Your potato salad is just amazing.” said Yui as she talked with full.

“Do not talk with your mouth full.” said Jaejoong as Yui pouted. He still does have some of his cold aura. It never goes away.

“Yui-ah, do you want to hear a joke?” said Jaejoong randomly. He did not want to lose to Siwon thus he decides to try.

“Eh? You are asking me if I want to hear a joke?” said Yui doubtfully.

“Yeah, why?” replied Jaejoong as he gave her a look.

“Oh, go on.” said Yui as she found it hard to process that Jaejoong is attempting to tell her a joke.

“How do you make milk shake?” said Jaejoong.

“Mhm, I don’t know.” Yui was still in doubt.

“Give it a good scare!” said Jaejoong as he burst out laughing.

Ended up Jaejoong was the only one laughing. Yui was giving him the that-wasn’t-even-funny-look.

“Isn’t it funny?” said Jaejoong still trying to controlled his laughter.

“Err… yes.” said Yui as she tried hard to sound convincing.

“Tch. At least it’s better than the stupid Nacho Cheese.” Jaejoong muttered under his breath.

“What did you say Jaejoong?” Yui didn’t quite hear the last part of his sentence.

“Oh nothing! Let’s go. The bell is going to ring soon!” said Jaejoong as he stood up and pulled her towards the exit. As they went down the stairs, Jaejoong then remembered about Yui’s handkerchief. Jaejoong sent Yui all the way to her classroom.

“Oh Yui-ah, here this is your handkerchief. Thanks for the other time, it was useful.” said Jaejoong as he handed her the handkerchief.


“Oh. You’re welcome. Thank you for the meal Jaejoong.” said Yui as she entered her classroom.

When she entered the classroom, Yuri and Minho was giving the tell-me-all-about-it look. She quickly summarised it to “He made me some potato salad”. However, as busybody as ever, Yuri and Minho wanted to know more, details, but their conversation was interrupted when Mr Park came into the class. Yui sighed in relief that she was able to get away, for now. Somehow, she felt as if her stomach was churning when she remembers about what happened at the rooftop, in a good way of course. She chuckled when she recalled about Jaejoong’s failed attempt to tell a joke.

“He is nice and he is such an interesting guy.” Yui thought.

Yuri and Minho gave each other a look when they saw Yui chuckling alone in the middle of Maths lesson. Like who chuckled to themselves when you are having Maths lesson?

Jaejoong on the other hand felt relieved that he managed to settle the case peacefully. He was somehow happy when he recalled about the moment that they had at the rooftop. How he wish that they can do that every break time. Jaejoong slapped himself mentally when he realised what he was thinking. Somehow, somewhere, he finds Yui very adorable. He found her interesting and he wants to know more about her. Jaejoong smiles to himself when he recalled at her reaction when she saw the ‘Potato Salad’ that he made it for her.

“Such a cute clumsy girl” Jaejoong thought.

Junsu and Yoochun experienced the same reaction and thoughts as Yuri and Minho.

It seems as if love is blooming in the air. But, things wouldn’t goes as easy as you readers think it might be. Challenges and obstacles would surface just when the two of them realised that they are into each other. Will they stay strong, or will they just give up just like that? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! Another update from me cause I don't think I'm able to update tomorrow since I have dance training. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It's the longest so far! :D