Me, myself and I - Baekhyun

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungsoo stuck his head inside his office with a guilty smile and Baekhyun sighed in defeat. He groaned in annoyance and it made the elder know that Baekhyun is going to accept the additional reports that will be needing a report from for the company's quarterly stakeholders' meeting. He skipped with a happy grin and placed the files on the younger's desk with two hands.

"Please tell me this is the last one," Baekhyun whined as he took the folder and flipped the pages. Thankfully, they were just about ten pages and lesser graphs to analyze.

"Promise, Baek. It's just that we got our hands full because of Park Industries..." Seungsoo trailed off and Baekhyun tired his best to show indifference.

"It was your fault anyway for siding easily with your brother-in-law," the younger sassed while closing the folder and wait until the elder leaves before he starts on the report.

Seungsoo sulked. "Yeah, yeah. Blame it all on me. I just did that because the old man insulted my sister! Good riddance for him."

"Wow, you're rude, hyung. That old man just died," Baekhyun pointed out but honestly, he agrees with Seungsoo. The man may be a good businessman but he was not really good with his relationship apart from his business partners.

"Huh, well I just wish that his son will not be as bad as him. He was stupid enough to let my sister go in the first place," Seungsoo then smirked. "At least she's gotten a bigger catch and even though Jongin is as whipped as it gets, he loves my sister very much."

"And maybe you could leave me alone now so I could finish this for you, boss man. I'm not getting paid to do chit chat," Baekhyun grumbled as he picked up the folder and faced his laptop once more.

Seungsoo rolled his eyes. "Touché. Fine you sassy brat. I'll leave you alone," and he did but he went muttering all the way about how people are pushing him away like someone unwanted. Baekhyun let out the breath that he was holding. Hearing someone say something bad about Chanyeol has hit home. Could he even blame Seungsoo for thinking that way?

He cringed as he remembered that the person that he has considered his big brother doesn't know yet that Baekhyun played a big role in the break-up of Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. But he wondered, will Seungsoo be mad at him still if he knew it this late? He even said that Kyungsoo is better off with Jongin now. Will Baekhyun lose his hyung because of his stupid mistake?

He wishes that he won't because he needs to keep everyone dear to him close. They are the only ones that he has.

But wouldn't it be better of they knew about the truth coming from him rather than someone who wasn't really involved? Baekhyun slapped his forehead. No one exactly knew about him and Chanyeol except them, Kyungsoo and most probably Jongin. If one of them tells the truth, he needs to face it and accept the consequences. Though it will probably be difficult for him if the Dos will take everything against him.

He won't blame them because he can't. It was his fault anyway.

Why am I having this stupid depressing thoughts anyway? he scolded himself. He has promised that he will already move on and make up for everything that he needs to work on more to atone for his wrongdoings.

Doing a mental fist pump, he pushed all the sad thoughts away and got started with his report so he could already go and bother Jongin in his penthouse. That is a good way to spend his night rather than wish for things to be different. Maybe Kyungsoo will be feeling good enough to help him bully her husband.

 

 

 

Baekhyun plopped down on his bed. It has been tiring after that draining meeting with all those old geezers. He really admires his uncle Sunghyun for being able to stand them for years and counting. He looked at the time and it told him that he has half an hour to prepare before his bestfriend and husband will go knocking on his door so they could head to Chanyeol's father's wake.

He wasn't given a chance to back out because Seungsoo sent him to be his proxy and well, he can't ask Kyungsoo for back up because after all these time that they have been in pretty good terms, he hasn't opened up with his feelings towards Chanyeol to anyone. He refuses to recognize them himself.

Knowing that they will be coming, Chanyeol has met the trio at the entrance with a small smile but sad eyes. There were many people because of the burial going to be held the next day. Many people paused and turned when they saw the unlikely trio of the Kims and Chanyeol and Baekhyun ducked his head down. Having no say in this really , especially having a big risk of seeing Chanyeol with Johyun.

He just wanted some kind of break. How could he even start moving on when he couldn't have any breathing room? Was that too much to ask?

He wasn't paying much attention to what was happening as he swam in his own thoughts. He caught Kyungsoo hugging Chanyeol and he thinks he turned to see Jongin's reaction in curiosity. He thinks he saw the CEO twitch a bit but that's it.

Next thing Baekhyun knew is that he is seated with Kyungsoo beside him by his right and then Jongin flanked her other side. What's disturbing is that the person on the other side of Baekhyun is Park Chanyeol and he is sitting closer than he is comfortable with. So to distract himself, he scooted closer to his pregnant bestfriend and held her hand then leaned his head on her shoulder.

Jongin eyed him suspiciously so he stuck his tongue out on the other and nuzzled his cheek on Kyungsoo's shoulder. The husband decided to ignore him and started talking to Chanyeol about business and Baekhyun whined in his head. Why did work have to make its way even there?

"Baekkie, you okay?" Kyungsoo leaned down a little to whisper to him but Chanyeol apparently developed super hearing because he heard that question and he paused in the middle of discussing the re-establishment of the ties between the Kim Corp and Park Industries.

"Baek?" he asked in a worried tone. Baekhyun wanted to shout in frustration.

"Just tired," he replied lowly and hoping that it will be enough for both of them but then Chanyeol will always be Chanyeol so he persisted.

"Are you sure? There's a room..."

"Chanyeol, let it rest. In behalf of the Do Group, I am delivering their heartfelt condolences," he sat up straight and fixed a stoic look on Chanyeol. "Please excuse me. I don't feel really well to stay," he lied. He looked at his bestfriend pleadingly and she understood, thank the heavens.

"Sorry, Chan. I think it is also best for my baby to get some more rest," Kyungsoo had slowly stood up, Jongin mirroring her movement. Baekhyun stood as well and with one last look at Chanyeol, he bowed and murmured that he will just wait in the car.

Crisis was averted. Somehow.

 

 

 

But not Kim Kyungsoo who didn't give him rest two days after, during the weekends. Kyungsoo has dragged her husband again to Baekhyun's apartment and her look says that she will not take any more bull from Baekhyun.

Resigning to his fate, Baekhyun dropped on his couch and lounged comfortably clad in his thin shirt and baby blue boxers. Kyungsoo doesn't seem to mind; she has seen him in less clothes. Jongin, however, is shooting him daggers from where he is seated beside his wife.

Baekhyun shrugged to himself. His house, his rules. He could do whatever the he wants. To push more of the CEO's buttons, he slid a little down the couch so just half of his back is pressed on the back rest. He spread his legs wide and lazily, hardly appropriate for having guests over but Baekhyun enjoys teasing the Kim Jongin.

After Kyungsoo has took out the breakfast that she has made for Baekhyun (probably as bribe), she watched him closely - from the moment he took the first bite until he downed the cup of coffee and got back to his disturbing position (as per Jongin's glare). She's waiting for Baekhyun to crack the silence and so he did. To get everything over with.

"So what brought you two here again? Did Seungsoo hyung ask you to bring me some more work?" he tried to come off as aloof but it wasn't worth seeing Kyungsoo's hurt face and Jongin's murderous one. "Sheesh. I'm just kidding. Really, Soo, what's up?" he backtracked.

"Baek, we need to talk," Kyungsoo's face changed in the instant that her bestfriend implied that she could go and ask away. "I thought you and Chan are okay?"

No amount of peace couldn't be disturbed in Baekhyun at the mention of Chanyeol. He froze and shifted so he could sit cross-legged on his seat. "Uhm, what made you say that?"

"I saw you holding hands back at my apartment, Baek," she deadpanned. Baekhyun felt a thick air weigh down on him.

"Huh, don't you think it's kind of awkward to talk about that?" he pointed out partly as truth and partly as an excuse to get out of this interrogation. He looked away from her and saw that Jongin is the least bit interested, his eyes droopy and his head is resting on his wife's shoulder. He was probably still asleep but when Kyungsoo said she's leaving, he hauled his up to follow her.

"I don't really care about it now, Baek," she shrugged, taking his attention back to her. "All I care about is how you were too cold on him that night we went to the wake."

Baekhyun nodded. Maybe this is the right time to talk about his feelings. He has kept too much from Kyungsoo all these years and yet there they were, working to bring everything almost back to the way they were. He could hardly mind that Jongin was there, he will probably know through Kyungsoo anyway.

"Fine. I think you deserve to hear my side of the story, princess. Would you be able to handle it? It's not pretty," Baekhyun looked up at Kyungsoo, gauging her expression. It was unreadable, though, so he needs to wait for her reply.

She was tense a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter