Making Things Right

It Started with a Drink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo feels like a . Did she just convince her husband to let her hang out with her ex? She did and now she can't go back on it. She could see Junmyeon is waving at her and beside him is Chanyeol who is looking at her, expectant. It has been discussed that the meeting will be over lunch (at their favorite restaurant apart from Kyungsoo's mom's) and they will go to the park just near Sunshine (where they would always hangout before) and then Kyungsoo will be delivered at her husband's doorstep as good as she was sent out.

Jongin took things cooly, asking casual questions when Kyungsoo told him about the plan that Junmyeon has come up with. But it wasn't hard to not miss the way his eyes hardened whenever she will point the reason for the choice of places that they will go. Her husband has the right to feel insecure and knowing Jongin, he is still insecure - just a bit, he says - about their marriage, even though they are nearing their third month together.

He was never good at relationships because he didn't have any and Kyungsoo is not exactly making his first ever (and should be his last, or else, Kyungsoo thinks) easy and simple.

She is greatly tempted to ditch everything and go home to cuddle with Jongin but there she is, mustering up a polite smile to greet the two men in front of her.

"Hi, Junmyeon oppa, Channie--yeol," she tucked at the end. She's not supposed to be throwing the nickname around so easily.

"Thank you for doing this, Soo," Junmyeon took her hand in both of his and squeezed. He had this look in his eyes that made Kyungsoo feel guilt for wanting to ditch them. She sighed internally in defeat. All she could ever was lately is guilty. Guilty for thinking twice on helping Chanyeol who she had loved and is greatly concerned of and very kuch guilty as well that she can't even wish her husband a good day and good luck for his, yet, another stressful day with their Chinese partner.

"I think this will be best for all of us, oppa," she replied as the other released her. She turned to look at Chanyeol and smiled a little. She could still feel that sting of betrayal whenever she sees her ex fiancé but she's doing all of this for the closure. She needs to tie up all the loose ends for Jongin's sake, more than hers.

She loves that awkward yet y dork she's always looking forward to sleep beside to every night. And aftet she's given time to evaluate ther feelings fully, she could say confidently that the feelings she have for Jongin is greater than the love she had for Chanyeol. Maybe because Jongin truly is her soulmate, destined one, her forever or whatever label there is for the person who could complete you by simply existing.

"So let's go in and have lunch!" Junmyeon clapped his hands once when he saw how Chanyeol's face fell when Kyungsoo fell in a daze with a smile on her lips, clearly thinking of something - or someone - apart from their lunch. Kyungsoo nodded and followed his lead while his cousin has slumped shoulders with that broken look on his face.

They ordered and Junmyeon noted how Kyungsoo's face lit up when she ordered for a plate of fried chicken for them and left the rest for him to order. He asked Chanyeol on what he would like and he was answered with a shrug. As the waiter left to get them their food, Kyungsoo's phone rang and she immediately excused herself and just by looking at her expression, it was clearly her husband calling her.

"Hyung, it's so nice to see her smiling like that," Chanyeol pointed out as his eyes followed his ex. "The last time I saw her smiling like that was years ago."

"Chanyeol..."

"But it hurts a lot, you know?" the taller sniffed, his broken smile seemingly plastered on his face. "It hurts a lot that I failed to make her smile stay like that for years and right now, I am not the reason why she is smiling so brightly again."

"You can't put all the blame on yourself, Yeol. There were things that you can't control and there is no use berating yourself over that," Junmyeon reminded him for the nth time. Chanyeol knows this but he can't help it. He already has a nce life planned out right in front of him but what did he do?

He let himself try something he shouldn't. He let himself deviate from the norm, seek adventure and have fun outside of what he's used to. Only to discover that he loves it a little bit more than he should.

Okay. A lot more than he should but it doesn't matter. It wasn't right. It was just fleeting. These feelings that he harbors for Byun Baekhyun means nothing.

It's just that Park Chanyeol only has nothing as his everything now.

"Sorry, I didn't miss anything, did I?" Kyungsoo slid back to her seat, her aura obviously up compared to before.

"Soo, can you... Can you tell me how you and Kim met?" Chanyeol asked with a light tone. Kyungsoo almost spilled the water she has just sipped from her glass and eyed him with her beautiful round orbs.

"Wh-what?" she sputtered as she tried to right herself and checked if she has just embarrassed herself.

He shrugged. "I'm just curious. It's pretty much obvious that I can't make you come back to me and I don't want to talk about sad things. So... how did you and your husband meet?"

 

Jongin is sitting on his desk, a pen on his mouth and he's nibbling on its opposite end from the writing tip. Taemin is sitting across him and running him through his schedule for the next day but he barely hears them because his mind is on Kyungsoo who told him that they are already in the park.

Even though she promised full disclosure of everything later at their house, he's still worrying.

"Sir," Taemin's stern tone made him look apologetically at his secretary and smile at him sheepishly.

"Sorry, Taemin. I'm just... distracted," he explained, sitting up straight and letting go of his abused pen.

Taemin nodded and put his iPad to sleep. "To summarize everything, you just need to be in the contract discussion tomorrow and hopefully close the deal with Mr. Wu and you are good for the rest of the week. The quarterly reports' review will be next week though so it will be a busy week."

Jongin nodded. "Thanks, Taemin," he then looked at the clock and there is still about half an hour before the day ends. "You could go now and call it a day."

"I could only leave by half past five, sir," Taemin replied but his tone isn't serious. Jongin rolled his eyes at his secretary-slash-friend and waved him off.

"Go bother your boyfriend, or something," he shooed the other away who looked at him amusedly.

"Okay, sir. Bye, sir," Taemin droned mockingly as he walked to the door.

"I'm still your boss, Lee Taemin! You could kiss your promotion as executive assistant to the CEO goodbye."

"And you will put Sehun in my place?" Taemin snorted. "So you could go ogle at your wives during work hours?"

The soon-to-be CEO blushed and stuck his tongue out childishly at his secretary who cackled as he closed the door to his office but not missing the muffled 'goodluck with that, sir!' that followed Taemin's exit.

"Shut up," he answered lamely as he let his head fall on his table. He groaned in pain because he actually banged his head on the hard wood and pouted. He missed Kyungsoo. He is missing his wife even though they just saw each other that morning. Well, he notuced that Kyungsoo is being particularly distant the past days or maybe he was just too busy?

Nonetheless, he misses his wife who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter