= 68 =

I Can't Stay But Please, Love Me

Hi everyone! 

Me and Jean have just arrived from South Korea and we're on our way back home. Some of our things are going to be shipped back here because they were just too much to carry all together. We hope they arrive safely though and complete. It's been a while since I last put a post up this personal. I just wanted to give a little summary of what happened in my 3-day stay in Korea.

First, Korea is still the wonderful country I visited back when I was 14. I wasn't able to visit much other than going through Myeongdeong, Itaewon, Mapo-gu, Gangnam and Hongdae but I enjoyed it. We also walked along Han River at Hannam-dong which was one of my dreams. Next time, I want to walk the whole stretch of the river one day. I got a chance to go to a lot of places I only hoped to see before like Dudart, Goodneck, Secret Society and Narbo's pizzeria. You should check them all out when you happen to come to Korea.

Second, I was so happy to have seen the RapBeat Show. We wanted to see the CakeShop show with SuperFreak Records, but me and Jean got tied up at another event. But anyway, the RapBeat Show was so lit! The line-up was crazy. The set list was just amazing and the whole place was hot, like, literally. That was the first underground show I've watched and I wouldn't replace the experience with anything else. I will be sharing about the whole thing in a separate blog entry so please wait for that.

Third, I feel extremely joyful that the interviews we've scheduled before the trip all went so smoothly. But asides from that, we were also able to talk to even more artists, ones that we weren't even expecting to meet. So rather than doing 5 original interviews, we managed to do 14! I know some of you might have seen my Instagram posts with some of the artists I've met, but it were the interviews that really took me to cloud 9. It was such a pleasure to realize that these people trusted me and knew me. I still have to edit 9 more interviews so I hope you stay patient with me as I try to finish all of them while trying to post news and reach out to all of my followers.

Fourth, I don't know if I should share this, but what the heck! I was offered a job in Korea that's in line with my blogging. I don't know if I can accept it since initially, I don't think I can live away from my family. But the thought of it has been haunting me and I feel so excited! I'm still praying if this would be the best decision. I hope that in time, I would be able to realize it.

Fifth, and I guess this is where the fun part all comes down to. I finally met most of the people I look up to in the scene. Yes! I'm not joking. If you've checked my SNS, I have shared selcas with some of my favorites like Loco, Simon D, Paloalto, Okasian, DoK2, Zion.T, Crush, Fana and Oh Hyuk. And I still have so much on my phone that I want to share. It was most amazing when I finally met ALL of Buckwilds. I was crying right in front of them because of too much joy. Aside from meeting them, I received gifts from them as well. As to what they are, I'll share it in a separate post. I won't be able to share everything that have happened to me but all I can say is that these people are real and true.

I was blessed to have been introduced and become friends with a number of artists from the scene. And I must admit, talking to them in person is so much more special than just stalking them online. It also felt amazing that the people I have been able to interview or talk to online before were as nice and amazing as they are in person. I have found new friends and sunbaes and I couldn't ask for more.

To end this, I just wanted to leave a fine advice to everyone reading and those who are fans of the KHiphop scene just like me. We can always talk about them follow them, do our best to make them notice us. But I want you to remember that these artists are people just like us. When they need support, tell them. When they're happy, be there celebrating with them. When they seem to be down and out, support them. When they need their privacy, give it to them. They go through a lot of things just like us normal people. Don't try to be someone else when you talk to them. The more that you're sincere and just you, the more that they would appreciate talking to fans and make them their friends as well. It's a tough world out there, I can tell you. But if they find some true people being there behind their backs, they can get through anything.

Also, I also want to ask you readers to be patient with me. There is so much I want to share to you but I can't share everything, as much as I wanted to. And also, no matter what happens, I would always want to ask for your understanding and support. You know how much I want to be transparent to you guys. But as respect to these people, I just can't divulge in everything I know. But I promise to always have you guys in the lowdown of everything that's happening. In the future, please always be there to support the scene, me and everyone else.

Thank you guys! And I hope someday, just like how I met these people I admire, I also meet all of you and share stories with! 

Until the next HDC Talks! :*

 

 

=  _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

So that is an excerpt from Hana's blog. I hope we could read her share on all of the things that happened to her trip though. ;~;