= 4 =

I Can't Stay But Please, Love Me

"I was just thinking. And I know you'll think I'm stupid. But... What if someone from AOMG falls for you, bestie?" asked Jean while she touched up in front of the mirror.

"Are you crazy, Jean?! That will never happen!" exclaimed Hana from the adjoining bathroom in her room.

"Come on, Hana. You are prettier than I am," said Jean looking at the bathroom door.

"But you're the more outspoken and adventurous between us," retorted Hana. "Oh . That hurt," she said bumping her arm on the sink.

"You all right?"

"Nae. Just a little scratch."

"Come on, bestie. You know it's possible for a guy to fall for you. You're almost perfect. You're smart, open-minded, talented. And you know a lot about the world they move in. I don't."

"Even if anyone does fall for me, do you even think I'm stupid enough to fall in love with them?"

"Bestie, of course! They're almost perfect for you, too! You have a crush on Gray. You admitted that! And I know he's your ideal type."

"He is. But it's Loco I love. Haha!"

"You just love his cheeks. And you're not the type to fall for someone superficially."

Hana stepped out of the bathroom in black jeans and a big white shirt hanging just under her hips. She looked at her bestfriend still staring at herself in the mirror in full amusement of herself. Jean turned around and looked at her.

"You're going out in that?" eyeing her from head to toe.

"Yeah. I look fine, right?" asked Hana smiling as she moved in front of Jean in the mirror.

"Yeah. But they said it's cold in Korea this season. Bring a jacket or something," said Jean.

"I will," answered Hana as she combed her hair. "Bestie, about your question. Please. Let's just not talk about it. I'd appreciate it if anyone would fall for me. But if it's them, or anyone in Korea, it just can't happen. We live apart. Our ages have huge gaps. And our worlds are different. It just can't be," said Hana looking at her bestfriend sit on her bed through the mirror.

"Nothing is impossible in love, bestie," said Jean tilting her head to the side while smiling at her bestfriend.

"Girls! Come on! We have a long ride to the airport!" shouted Jean's dad from downstairs.

The two went down with Hana's luggage and backpack, excited for their second trip out of the country. But this time, just the two of them together.

Jean's dad put their luggage in the trunk and they got in. Hana rolled the car window down to speak with her mom.

"Remember, Hana, when you don't know what to do, ask. And please hug David for me," reminded her mom with a smile.

"Yes, mom. I will. Thank you. I'll chat with Juno and tell you guys about our day. See you in a week, umma," answered Hana giving her a flying kiss.

"Bye, Auntie!" shouted Jean.

They waved goodbye and headed to the airport. It was a long ride which included the heavy traffic. But somehow, that wasn't an issue with the girls. They had a more thrilling thought in mind as they waited. Once at the airport, Jean's dad gave a last advice.

"You girls take care of yourself. You're not in your own country so follow their rules," the girls nodded. "Jean," he pointed to his daughter. "Don't make Hana drink. I know you'll try to go clubbing there but that's that. No boys," he said sternly. Both the girls pouted at this. "Last but not the least, enjoy your stay there. Hana, I hope you get those interviews you've dreamed of. Come back safe," he ended.

The two hugged him and soon said their goodbyes.