= 43 =

I Can't Stay But Please, Love Me

"Did you hear what 2ne1 were talking about? That girl, Hana, was offered to become a model, for Xin's clothes?" said Tiffany as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"Yes. I heard everything. I'm not deaf, Tiffany," answered Jessi.

"What is so special about her? She isn't that tall. She's not even that pretty," said Tiffany leaning on the sink. Jessi didn't answer. She kept her head low. "What's wrong with you? You've been so quiet," she continued.

"I just... I don't know," answered Jessi throwing her hands in the air. "I just thought that girl was so lucky to get Gray's attention," she said.

"She obviously is. She's got everyone's attention. Should I change back to the innocent character?" asked Tiffany.

"What are you talking about?!"

"Kim Hana. She's the innocent typee but still full of confidence. She's cool."

"I don't know if you're trying to help me or mock me. I can't be innocent. That's not me."

"Hey. I'm just saying."

"Whatever."

"Are you already giving up on Gray?"

"No," answered Jessi. "But I told him I'm letting him go. I'm tired, Tiffany. I'm tired following him around and trying to make him like me when it's so obvious he doesn't even care."

"If you're giving up on him, I'm not," said Tiffany. "Remember what I told you? I like him, too. I'm giving way because of you. But if you're giving up, I'm taking my chances. How can I possibly lose to that girl?" she said checking herself again in the mirror, puckering her lips.

"Didn't you see how that girl and Gray danced earlier? He obviously likes her more than the girl does. How can you make him notice you?" said Jessi.

"I have ways, Jessi," the other girl smirked. She faced Jessi and said, "I don't know why you're so afraid of her? As far as I heard from Uglyduck, she doesn't live here in Korea. When she goes back to wherever she's from, Gray would have forgotten her already. Let him enjoy while she's here."

The two girls stopped talking when they heard two voices outside the comfort room approaching. One of them said, "Bestie, you have to talk to him. Like.. Just the two of you. Both you and Gray do not deserve to get hurt."

"Is that Kim Hana?!" whispered Jessi with her eyes almost bulging. Tiffany held her hand as she tried to speak.

She tried to pull Jessi to the door but Hana and Jean were already at the entrance looking at them. "Are you... all right?" asked Hana when she noticed how uncomfortable they both were.

Jessi pulled her arm away from Tiffany's and huffed. "We're fine," she said.

Jean raised both of her shoulders. "Wait for me, bestie," she said walking into one of the cubicles. Hana walked over to the sink and opened the faucet. The two older females just looked at her. She was done and she looked at both of them through the mirror.

"Is something wrong? You've been looking at me for a while now," she asked in English. 

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong," said Tiffany.

Hana took a paper towel from the dispenser and dried her hands with them. She turned to look straight at them. "It's just weird. You two look like you've seen a ghost," she said tilting her head. She walked to the trash bin beside the sink and continued. "If it's about Gray, please. I don't want to talk about him."

Tiffany and Jessi looked at each other. "How did you know?" started Tiffany.

She looked back at them and crossed her arms. "I thought it was clear to you when the boys introduced me as a blogger. I write about the Korean Hiphop scene and I do some research. I know one of you is interested in him," she said.

"If that's the case, you should know that you have to stay away from him," said Tiffany.

"But what if I don't?"

Jean walked out of her cubicle and smiled. She heard her best friend talk to them and she was proud that Hana sounded so confident. She smiled at the two girls and invited Hana to go out. Tiffany followed them with her eyes.

"Wait," called Jessi. She turned to look at them and said, "What do you mean when you said you had to talk to Gray in private?"

Jean looked Hana to see if she'll answer. And she did. "It's none of your business," she said then turning around as walking away from them, Jean following behind.

"She really is something," said Jessi.

"And I hate her," said Tiffany pouting.

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

 

This might be the lamest chapter I have ever done.. not too good with girls. Oh well. XD