011

Reach For The Sky

UPDATED: 161115


I dragged her with me.

We were hand in hand.

I myself was shocked.

I blinked as I try to shove away the words I said to Yeonhee.

I meant them though. He doesn't deserve her. She is too precious for him, and I am going to make him regret that decision he made for the sake of one night to please that piece of meat.

I will make sure to make him cry myself.

I've got to admit, that, during all the time with Yeonhee, I haven't seen her cry. I saw her groaning and do childish things, but never cry, not like how I just saw her. "So, first thing's first," I told her as my eyes were everywhere, scanning the place, in search for a good-looking boy. Anyone that good enough for Yeonhee. I have to hook them up myself and make sure that Minwoo will see them together. "We have to do something that's out of character,"

I shrugged. "You know, something other people think you can't do it. It always succeeds in earning the right reaction I want from your friends and especially that bastard,"

Her head was down as well as her shoulders.

I rolled my eyes as I patted her shoulders and her chin. "Up, look up, girl. You've done nothing to be ashamed," I blinked as I consider my words. I chuckled at the idea. "and even if you did something you should be ashamed of, just don't. What's the point anyway?"

She looked hesitantly at me, and blinked a few times. I didn't say anything because I was putting all my efforts in catching someone with a good face for my plan. She gradually lifted her head, but she was still confused and nervous. As if uncertain whether or not she can really do it.

"The top of our plan is to kill the haters,"

She knotted an eyebrow. "And what does it mean exactly?"

I couldn't contain my smile as I got my eyes on the right guy. He is our savior. I am sure. "I will show you now,"

I held her hand and she clasped into mine. I walked through the crowd, keeping a close distance between Yeonhee and me. I spoke in her ears loudly so she can hear me. "The target is that guy, the one wearing a white top." I smirked. "You're going to end up kissing him, or whatever. The point is for Minwoo to see the two of you together. Make it believable."

With difficulties, she was able to get a fine look at him. She was horrified at the idea. "No, I can't-"

"You have to,"

"But,"

Due to her blushing, I knew she liked him or she's just being shy. But either ways I didn't really care. "You forgot that with me, there is no nos, or I can't."

Both of us joined, or to be correct, jumped in with his friends. There were girls but they didn't mind our interference. I was able somehow to speak with his friends and almost push her on him.

I pumped into one of his friends and winked. "It's seems like your friend over there is into my friend,"

They exchanged a smile, because it seems like it is true, even though I made it up. I was trying to kid around and have a casual conversation with the boys, but it seems like Yeonhee didn’t need me to hook her up with that boy.

She had her eyes on another one. I almost fell off the chair from laughing as I heard him introduce himself to her. "The name is Vernon,"

As expected of Yeonhee and her unique charm. She giggled as she shake hands with the boy. "And the name is Yeonhee,"

Ah, she is too cute. How can someone be this idiotic and not even aware? I think it must be fun. Too interesting and the world is even a more colorful one when you're too naïve.

It appeared that he is the same age as us. I thought he was older, I didn’t know why. I thought the shock for Minwoo would be perfect if the guy was older than he is.

I became friends with two boys who I am sure are gay for one another. Joshua and Jeonghan. They were really nice and I had to take their numbers.

We were normally conversing as the couple, Yeonhee and Vernon, started making out.

Let me tell you this, I was nearly traumatized. My jaw fell. I didn’t know she could work it out by her own. I thought I would have to help her all the way. And to be honest, I just needed Minwoo to at least see her with another man, and it didn’t matter what they were doing. But if they're kissing, it is better, of course.

I smiled and took advantage of the fact that everyone's attention was on that couple. I escaped, looking for one face.

Minwoo.

Even though I doubted I will find him. I bet he won't step out of the bathroom after what I did to his pretty face.

 

.

 

He was the one who found me. "We need to talk," he said in a breathy voice. His face was grim but I couldn't take him seriously whatsoever. I tried not to laugh as his lips were cut and his hair was a total mess. Things I made and other things probably Joohee created.

"It is not me you need to talk to, it is Yeonhee, your girlfriend." I frowned, trying so hard not to laugh. He shook his head, like I am missing something, like I am misunderstanding the whole thing.

"No, I am serious, there is something I need to tell you,"

These men, they up everything and still think it is not their fault. They are too shameless to even try to defend themselves. I am sure this is what Minwoo is going to speak about. I am sure he is going to beg me not to tell her, but he doesn't know she heard it all and saw it all.

"Look, the thing is-" he went on talking but I interrupted him once I got my eyes on the couple who seemed too in love with one another. Too fond of one another. I smiled as I pointed at them. "Well, look at her,"

He turned to where I was pointing at, and froze. He blinked in disbelief as his eyes found them, and I couldn't believe his reaction would be like this.

Yeonhee was literally on Vernon's lab. She was jamming to a song and she didn't stop smiling this whole time. A smile from an ear to ear.

The two were talking and laughing together.

I didn’t expect his face to be like this. I know this expression. I know it too well. I see it almost every day in the mirror.

Hurt.

Pain.

Deeply injured.

Betrayed.

I am not familiar with the feelings that manifested inside me. I am not familiar with my thoughts. I am not familiar with the regrets that filled me.

I did something wrong?

No.

I didn't.

Yes, I didn't.

He murmured mainly to himself. "Who the hell is that?"

He was about to storm there, to where they were sitting. He is angry, and he is going to do something to Vernon. I stopped him as I held his arm. "Don't you see yourself?"

I chuckled in disbelief. "Is it okay for you, but not for her?"

He was having difficulties hiding his anger and I can see it all. His muscles tensed under my grip, and I can feel them.

I tried not to show it, that I am guilty for unexplainable reason. I remind myself again, he did it with her best friend. He did it and he wasn't even the least guilty.

I remind myself for the thousandth time; he hurt her and she cried because of him.

he hurt her

he hurt her

he hurt her

and she shed million liter of tears because of him.

I smiled slyly, in attempt to hide what I feel. "So you were saying?" He blinked three times before slowly moving his body through the crowd. "Forget it," but he suddenly changed his direction and went directly toward Yeonhee and Vernon.

"Hey-" I tried to stop him. I went after him, but he was moving too fast, squeezing in between the crowd and shoving some people away from his path. I was a few steps behind and couldn't stop him.

He flew there. He stopped before Vernon. He towered him, but Vernon gave no attention to him and I finally arrived. He didn't say anything. He just grabbed Yeonhee's hand.

"Ah," she winced and Vernon stood and pushed the taller boy. "Hey, the hell you think you're doing?"

"I have nothing to talk to you about, so shut the up," Minwoo's eyes were half opened, and he looked scary.

"Hey, let go of me," Yeonhee was standing between the two boys as she tried to get rid of Minwoo's strong grip. Once he opened his mouth to speak, Vernon grabbed Yeonhee's wrist. But there was no use.

Vernon did what I least expected. He punched Minwoo in the same cheek I slapped earlier. "Who the hell he thinks he is? Hey, call the security,"

Minwoo scoffed and blinked too many times. His eyes almost fell out of its socket. It is like he didn't believe this day would come. "I am this girl's boyfriend," Vernon looked from down to top and shook his head. Minwoo looked miserable. "I doubt it,"

Thank god, the security came almost immediately and they separated the two parties apart. Vernon's and Minwoo's friends. A crowd was formed around us, and I made sure that everyone's talking about what just happened.

Yeonhee came next to me, holding hard onto my arm. She was shivering, poor girl. She must have never done something like this, ever.

"I will never do this again," her shaky voice reached my ears.

I smiled as they got out and shrugged. "At least, he learned his lesson."

I was going to be the reason behind a big fight between two groups in a party where I know no one.

I wondered what will happen if I didn't came. None of this will ever happen, and it might be for the good of the people in here. However, ouri Yeonhee is now having someone she can lean on.

And that is me.

I smirked as I observed how people are looking at us right now.

Yes, this is what I want. Keep doing it, idiots.

Fear us.

 

.

 

We ate, we drank, we danced, together, Yeonhee and me. We spoke, we sang along some of our favorite songs. Her voice is ugly, I discovered. But there was no mention of anything that happened in her past. The bullying, the missing girl, and even Minwoo's subject was already forgotten.

At first, I was kind of too aware of people's eyes on me, but now, I couldn't care less, to be honest.

"Look, this is how mom dances when she is drunk," I began imitating people starting from my mother and then to everyone I know. Yeonhee was almost choking from laughter, even though she doesn't know half of those I am imitating. I am usually boring, but Yeonhee made me feel like the comedian of the century.

And it was like we were alone in this big place. Yes, there was too many people around us, but it felt like it is empty but for both of us.

"Look, this is someone you know very well," I smiled as I waved at her, getting ready to imitate someone and make her guess who it is. I my lips, narrowed my eyes, and cleared my throat. "Ahm, ahm."

I spoke with a low tone my throat almost cracked, frowning my eyebrows and making sure to tighten my eyes. "Thank you, sir. Oh, I should've done it before," I bowed to an imaginary person. "I will do it right away,"

Yeonhee's laughter indicated that she knew the identity of the person I am imitating. "Wonwoo, it is no other than Wonwoo,"

I nodded with a proud grin.

But my smile disappeared once I felt someone's hand on my head. "I got her," Someone's pulling my hair and it hurt. It hurt so much that I started screaming. "Who the hell does she think she is?"

Who wants to be a dead body to mess up with my hair? Who has a death wish to start a fight with me when I am in a really good mood?

I turned my head to get a glimpse at the familiar figure. It is Joohee. She had two friends with her, one of them was Bae Souji, but they were trying to stop her instead of joining her.

"Joohee, let her go," Bae Souji said, she seemed embarrassed.

"Stop it, Joohee, you're making things worse," the other one added.

My neck was bent and it hurt. I frowned as I held her hands, in attempt of taking her hands off my hair. But since it is useless, I had both hands on her red hair. I pulled with similar force and she started screaming. "YOU ."

She released me and I took control over the situation. "God, there is something called a ing conversation. If you have something against me, you can just talk. Goddamn it."

I freed her because Yeonhee almost cried at the sight of the two of us fighting.

Joohee was crying and she was a mess. He mascara was all over the place. Her eyebrows, one of them almost disappeared from sweat. Her hair was just like I left it when we were in the bathroom where I caught her with Minwoo.

She pointed at her face as she spoke, nearly shouting at one of her friends. "Look, look what this has done to me. She did it all, like a savage-"

"S-Savage? Well, you were acting like one in the first place." I blinked in disbelief at how she is trying to look innocent. I looked at the crowd that formed almost immediately around us. "Have you ever seen someone screw with her friend's boyfriend just out of jealousy? I mean, is there no men at all in this planet?"

Once I said this, I got a slap in the face. And another one. And a kick in the abdomen.

What the hell is wrong with this unloved girl? Why she is getting it all on me?

"You ," she swung her arm at my face but missed it. But I am boiling now, even I tried not to. "If I am screwing with someone's boyfriend, what about your mother?" she smirked through her wet cheeks. "She stole someone's husband and for what? For money-"

I couldn't help it. I couldn't see what's in front of me.

I could take everything. Curses and bad nicknames.

But no one can say anything about my mother.

I only can do that, but no one else.

I didn't realize I was screaming. I didn't realize I was saying things before my mind can process them. I didn't realize that I am not listening to anything at the moment.

No loud music.

No people's noise.

No Joohee's annoying voice.

Just my heartbeats, and me breathing hard.

I, then, heard someone speaking. It was distinct and it belonged to Souji. She shouted, and it echoed in my head. "Baekhyun, take her out please,"

I felt strong firm arm around my waist, and I instantaneously try to get rid of it. "LET GO OF ME," but whoever this arm belonged to, they didn't listen to me. They didn't let go. "I SAID LET ME GO!"

"This won't work," I heard him, and it was like a whisper. Another arm was added and I am being lifted from the ground.

"LET GO OF ME," I was still resisting, and I know I am making it difficult for the person carrying me. "I TOLD TO LET ME GO, NOW!"

 

.

 

Inhale and exhale.

Inhale. Exhale.

I am trying to steady my breath. I am too angry. I am shaking. I am in the garden and the music is audible now, but somehow muffled.

My chest was still expanding in order to take more oxygen in, because I seemed to be running out of it for two reasons. 1. Due to what just happened with the ,Joohee. 2. Baekhyun is ing sitting next to me.

He was the one who got me out of the house and put me in this beautiful garden.

I clenched on my hand and unclenched it. I touched my hot face and glanced at my hand.

Blood.

This little , Joohee. She dared to say these words and to bald-facedly hit me in front of everyone. My head was throbbing. My eyes burned. The blood was pumping excessively in my face.  

Baekhyun just sat there, not uttering a single word. He didn’t even ask me about anything. I think, normally, he should. At least, he should be slightly curious about what happened.

He stood, took off his jacket and offered it to me. He put it around me but I slapped his hand. "Did I ask for it?"

I was proud of myself that I managed to maintain an eye contact. I shook my head, answering my own question. "No,"

Of course, he is disgusted of me. I was like an animal a few minutes ago.

"You will get a cold,"

I rolled my eyes as I messaged my temples. "And how do you know?"

He blinked in confusion. "Know what?"

I widened my eyes, feeling 100% uncomfortable. "That I would get a cold so I need you to give me your own jacket?"

He looked at me for a second and shook his head.

I suddenly sneezed. I closed my eyes in embarrassment. I was full of sweat. Yes. The weather is colder at this time of the day, but still I don't have to take his jacket. That's a no no.

It is like he hid his smile, and said nothing before his eyes caught something in my hand. He took my hand and said in a dangerously worried voice. "Did it happen just now or-"

He was holding my injured hand.

He was holding my hand. He was holding my hand. He was holding my hand.

Baekhyun's hand was on my hand.

I took my hand in my lap right away. "No, it didn't happen just now." He waited for an answer, an explanation of how I got the wound, but obviously, I was not giving him any.

I just thought about one thing. I just ruined the first encounter between me and him, and as the seconds go by, I am making it even worse. The reason for that is a mystery. I don’t know why I am being an .

But it's like this is who I am. An . A big, fat with a ed up mind and attitude.

Of course, he would think who this retarded girl is, or why she is not in a psychiatric ward. What's her problem, he might ask. But I am not that important to even think about, right?

I sighed as he walked away once his friends came to talk to him.

I know his name, but he probably doesn't. I am too aware of too many things about him, but he is not. I am going to keep thinking about him and about how stupid and mentally retarded I am, but his day will go on like nothing happened. For him, nothing significant happened except a minion with blonde-brown hair started a fight and interrupted his precious conversation with his friends.

I hate that about me.

I am always stupid.

I was about to stand up when my eyes caught his jacket. He left it beside me.

I sneezed again.

I rolled my eyes. I don't need my arrogance now, right?

With no hesitation, I wore it.

It was kind of big, I had to roll up the sleeves, but it was warm. I secretly smiled as I inhaled his scent.

I blinked. Am I being a ert?

Oh yeah, I am.

Yeonhee, Joshua, and Jeonghan came from nowhere. "You slayed," Joshua gave me thumps up, but he got a slap from Jeonghan. "She could've got hurt,"

Joshua shrugged and admitted. "But it was awesome."

Yeonhee told me that she called Wonwoo and he is coming right now to pick us up. She asked me if I was okay. I told her I was okay because I made Joohee this angry. Jeonghan admitted that this is the first time seeing the girl this angry.

I smiled, but then remembered what she said about my mother. Then Mrs. Kim wasn't wrong. Everyone thought like her. Everyone thought we're here for money. Like, we took advantage of the poor man, who got divorced from his wife, and is done with single life.

It hurt a part of me, that I didn't response correctly to what happened. But first, I need to know for real, if mom really loved Mr. Kim.

"She deserved what happened to her," I winked at Yeonhee as we exit the big house's gates. 


AN: the fastest update I've ever written. I did it all in less than three hours and it was tiring. 
I didn't review it, so try to understand if there was any mistakes!
But, weeew! I finally wrote this fight! I finally did it! 
Things are getting exciting! 

What do you think about this chapter? 
What do you think of Baekhyun/Haneul moments?? - personally I like it!!!! 

How about the addition of Joshua, Jeonghan and Vernon? Liked that as well?

all in all, i reall want to thank those who voted up for the story, you really don't know how it means so much to me! 

KEEP SUPPORTING ME LIKE THIS!

[ I want more detailed comments guys ]

------------------

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK ON MY OTHER STORIES, ESPECIALLY THIS ONE (starring Baekhyun)

Where Do You Go?