009

Reach For The Sky

UPDATD: 011115


I stormed in looking for one certain figure. Pretty. Tall. Long hair. But apparently, all girls in here are pretty, tall and have a long straight hair.

I am strange, right?

Now I am getting mad because she left me and probably went to see her friends. Her rich, educated and proper-looking friends.

I am weird, I know. Because the idea itself made me regret coming here in the first place.

But for real, I had no prior thoughts when I did this move, going to a party with Yeonhee. And I kind of regret this now. I usually have a goal or something to do in general.

But I had none when I said yes to Yeonhee.

As I took a look at my surroundings, I realized that people in here were too rich. Dresses and suits were too expensive. I know when a dress is expensive when I look at it.

I know some brands. There were some I can afford and some I can't.

The drinks that were served were unaffordable. I also know that because I've served in a high-class restaurant and I've seen their prices and I could easily distinguish them. Mom doesn't know about that, of course. She knows so little about my life after all.

We weren’t in a club, we were in a hotel hall. Well, it felt like it but it was just a house. And believe me, it is not just a house.

It's my first time here and I think it is my last. It is the kind of place that you only see in magazines. High-ceiling halls, ceramic flooring and flower vases everywhere.

I had this calculator in my mind where it estimates the price of everything my eyes lay on. It is involuntarily. I mean, you can't just walk here and there pretending like you see this every freaking day because you don’t, and when you finally get to look at it you feel like you need to photo-memorize everything.

I decided to forget Yeonhee for a few minutes and just have fun. I mean, when will I get an access to such a party in such a place? Never.

Some people here are old and some are too young. Yeonhee is an example. People were drinking and some were already drunk. I was shocked. And I questioned myself if that is okay?

I shrugged. If everyone is drinking, a little one-shot won't kill anyone. I grabbed a glass and gulped it all.

Ah, it tastes so good.

I turned my head at the mention of a familiar name. I found two girls giggling and shouting out loud due to the deafening music. "You won't believe it but I just saw Yeonhee,"

"Are you kidding me?"

"You can take a look at her yourself,"

I narrowed my eyes at the weird conversation. Why would it be a surprise if our Yeonhee showed up?

"I thought she won't come,"

"Me too, I mean, everyone was surprised to see her."

What the-

I stormed between the crowd to where those ladies where standing. "Why everyone is surprised to see her?" my mouth was moving by its own. I wasn't thinking but I sensed that something is wrong.

One of them spoke before she even look at me. "You know, after what happened in-" but her friend stopped her. They seemed too startled to see me. As if they just realized they don't know me. I thought they wouldn't recognize me as a stranger in this big place. "Is it because of her boyfriend, or because her father is getting married again, I mean, which-"

The girl on the left narrowed her eyes at me and asked. "I am sorry, but who are you?"

"Does it matter?" I faked a laugh as I drank again. They exchanged looks and gave me a gaze I didn't like. A scanning gaze. The girl on the right pointed and I saw Yeonhee's smile as she stood next to someone I recognized almost immediately. Minwoo. "We just knew about her boyfriend, to be honest,"

I sighed. They spoke. I wish we get to the reason why people were surprised to see her real soon.

One of them looked so suspicious about her surrounding as she turned left and right. "there is this rumor that you've probably heard of already,"

I nodded in excitement. I am not sure of what to hear but who hate gossips?

"Remember when Shin Jimin went missing last year?"

Who the hell is that?

I nodded and faked a frown. "Yeah?"

"the rumor says that Yeonhee was behind it all."

I blinked a few times in shock. What the hell these girls are talking about? "Missing? Like, dead missing?"

The two shrugged. "It's still a mystery,"

I wanted to burst in laughter that would make mom hear me even though she's miles away. They are talking about no other than the stupid tall pretty girl, Yeonhee. The cinnamon roll, Yeonhee. The crybaby, Yeonhee.

But rumors are rumors after all.

"Wait, but they didn't find the girl until now?"

The girl on my left nodded. "Yes, they didn't. Her family has been a mess since then,"

Oh. These chaebols and their families.

I tried not to burst in laughter again as I ask. "Are you sure it is Yeonhee. I mean, you guys know her, right? She can't even kill a fly."

My cheeks started to hurt.

"What scares us is that we do know her." the girl's voice didn't change. It was dead. Scarily dead.

I frowned. "What does that supposed to mean? I mean, do you really think Yeonhee did something?"

They exchanged a thoughtful gaze before approaching me as they pretend to be dancing. "We think Yeonhee did it because Shin Jimin was her friend for a long time, but under that entire friendly atmosphere, she was bullying her, along with some of her other closer friends."

The other one added. "Everyone knows it,"

I blinked and suddenly my heart started beating. "Knows what exactly? That she did it, or she was being bullied?"

"No, the fact that her closest friends were her bullies."

It sounds like a big lie. A big ty story. A gossip. Nothing more than that. But it feels real. And as I imagine Yeonhee, it kind of fits perfectly.

I don't want to believe it because everything would be easier that way and because I know that I wouldn't just stand there doing nothing. I don't know why, but it is in my nature to interfere in everything even if it is not my business. Even if I wasn't asked.

I have this nagging old lady deep inside me who likes justice so much and she makes me do stupid things to gain that. And now, I want nothing but to go straight to someone who knows everything and tell me everything.

To answer all my questions that filled my head once I spoke with these girls. 1. Was she being bullied. And 2. That missing girl, is she dead. If yes, 3. Who did it. 4. Why Yeonhee doesn't look like anything that was said about her. 5. Why my instincts were false.

Too many questions that my head almost exploded.

I excused myself and one of them stopped me to ask who I was again. "Even if I told you, you won't know." She was about to introduce herself to me but, god, I didn't ask for that.

I saw her then. Smiling like nothing is wrong with the world and it reached peace, finally. Whether what I heard was right or wrong, the fact that there is a possibility of having a killer behind that smile scares the hell out of me. The fact that behind this shiny bright smile is a person who endured pain, humiliation, betrayal, despair, and fear make my heart squeeze.

I can't believe it. They are probably lying. They are just rumors.

They are just rumors.

I can't make them wreck my head.

I headed to the bathroom. I need to think. I need a space where there is no one.

 

.

 

I inhaled for million time as I push the toilet door open. I sat, took another deep breathes.

I am scared. I don't know why exactly.

First, living with chaebols. Second, Mrs. Kim and her other face. Third, this.

I keep convincing myself it is nothing. It is probably nothing. Just rumors, right?

Just rumors. Nothing else.

I buried my face in my hands.

Why is my head refusing to believe they're rumors?

Why I keep plotting different scenarios in my head?

"Ahmm," I am listening to moans. "Hmm,"

I blinked.

"Yeah, there," It was too close. "Do me like that time, baby," I didn’t even notice anyone entering. What the hell?

There was a sudden slam against the door, and I heard some giggles. I almost vomited.

Kisses and loud breathes, was all I can hear. "Let me see what under this fabric," a hoarse voice who belonged to a male spoke. Another giggle that lasted forever and I am behind the door fight back my vomit.

"This is our first time doing it in your house, I can't believe it," the female spoke in a -star-like tone. I wanted to imitate how she talks, but they would discover that I am listening to their like a creep.

He responded as he chuckled. "I can't believe it either,"

"And the fact that your parents are here in Korea-" She giggled before saying. "makes it more exciting,"

I heard a fabric being ripped. I blinked. The door was moving a bit along with their movement. The male whistled and the female giggled again. She knows nothing but to giggle, apparently.

"Let me see yours,"

I heard his pants get ped. And the sound of kissing and all the disgusting things was back. The fact that there are two people ing behind this door is making me crazy.

What should I do?

I wanted to stay until they're finished, because it is awkward to just walk out of the door now. But staying and witnessing the they would share is something I don't look forward to, for sure.

I think I am not strong enough to do that. However, my hand moved toward the lock and I unlocked it.

Both fell inside. It was too funny, but I can't laugh as I saw her s popping out of her bra and the guy was literally on top of her. "Next time, choose a better place to have ,"

She screamed and the guy was blocking the view. I walked over them, ready to leave the bathroom for them. "Or at least check if there's anyone inside, I mean, no one is interested to witness the two of you have ."

I couldn't help but show some mockery in my voice. I used it to hide my nervousness, to be honest.

"wait,"

I couldn't believe that the guy actually held my ankle. I turned to look at him as I raised my eyebrows. What the hell he thinks he's doing? Did he just touch me?

I almost kicked his face in attempt to remove his hand, but he held it again. "I don't know you,"

"I know you don't know me, and you don't need to,"

He actually stood, his shirt and his belt were opened too. "It's my party, my house, I have the right to know,"

I made a face at how cheesy and creepy he sounds. "Does that mean you know everyone out there?"

You liar.

The girl finally spoke after covering herself and standing on her feet. "What the hell are you doing, Mingyu?" he didn't look at her and his eyes were strangely amused. "I do,"

Lia~r.

"You don't need to know me, for real," I opened the door, still keeping that eye-contact. "You probably know them all because you ed them all, just like the chick behind you," I pointed at his belt and how ridiculously messed up he was.

Once I exited the bathroom, I heard a slap in the face. 


AN: How is it?????? 
A chapter for my beautiful readers! And another is coming so soon. 
Thanks for the new subbies and thanks for your nice comments! 
I hope you like this little surprise!

So, what do you think of Mingyu's encounter with Haneul?

Also tell me what do you think of Yeonhee's story? Do you think it is true or not? 

Did you expect such a thing? 

Just tell me everything!