008

Reach For The Sky

UPDATED: 171015


008

23 June 2014

Wonwoo seems to hate me. I don't know why. I was nice to him though.

Too nice.

I truly treated him differently than everyone else. I smile at him when our eyes meet, and let me be clear, I don't do this to anyone here even the maids.

He saw me crying, that means he is revealed to one of the deepest secrets of Yoon Haneul.

But I can feel that he loathes my guts, and I can feel it.

 

.

 

Mom discussed the dress that I would wear in her wedding. I said I could just go anywhere and buy me something. Anything would be more than enough. I considered borrowing something, since I wouldn't waste any money. However, mom strictly said that nothing like this would happen. She also told me not to think about money whatsoever. Someone would come to the house to take our body measurements.

Me and Yeonhee.

I told her it won't be ready in just a few days. She urged me not to worry. Everything works with money.

I doubt that.

Mom is getting used to this life, I guess.

 

.

 

I washed my hands. The wound was still there. It is less worse now, but it still hurt.

 

.

 

I was in the garden, reading. Also thinking about the boy next-door. The boy who didn't leave my head in the first place.  

Ah. I hate to admit that.

I hate to admit that more than I hate the fact that mom is married to Mr. Kim.

It has been two days and I haven't seen him. I guess if it keeps to be like this, not meeting him, it would be good for me.

Yeonhee popped from behind and succeeded in startling me. I almost fell from the glider. She told me about a party and I wanted to slam something on her face and educate her how she should at least clear before appearing from nowhere.

God, she scared me.

She spoke about a lot of things at once. She always does that.

"I know you hate me, but please, can you please say yes?"

"To what?" I was too distracted by the boy and for some strange reason I thought Yeonhee saw that I was thinking about him. "To come with me, of course."

"And why is that?"

"Daddy says I can't go." Oh your daddy. "He said if you came with me, he will allow me to go to it." I wondered what Mr. Kim is trying to do, and I also wondered if mom has anything to do with this.

I wanted to , because it is fun to do that. "So you aren't inviting me to come with you because you want me to be with you, but because I am your key to go, yeah?"

She widened her eyes and opened to say something but I stood, nodding and avoiding her eyes. I pursed my lips into a hardline. I pretended to be hurt but like I didn't want it to show. "I thought we were sisters,"

I know she will believe it. She is an idiot after all and she can't distinguish between what's real and what's not. She blinked too much and bit her lips. Guilt is in her eyes. "I thought you already draw a line to that, so I stopped doing this sisterly thing because you hate it-"

Poor girl. She even tries not to do what I hate, and I am here playing her and having fun doing it.

"I do?"

She nodded and I wanted to burst of laughter. She was being too serious. And I really wanted to laugh. My acting is crabby, but it worked on her. Everything seemed to work on this child, which makes me somehow worried.

Like always.

I sighed after trying so hard to contain my laughter. "Look, since I am not going to be here for long," I approached her and put my arm around her neck. She froze, of course. I don't even smile at her and now I am touching her like we're friends forever. If she didn't freak out, which is exactly what happened, I would think there is something wrong. "Let us create some unforgettable memories."

She blinked her big eyes at me and it is the first time seeing them in this close distance. It was strange to even notice that she had a mole near her eye. She narrowed her eyes, frowning those thin eyebrows of hers.

I winked. "Shall we?"

I think she is considering every word. She thinks I am playing her, but at the same time, she thinks I might be serious.

Since she said nothing I began. "So, what kind of party is it?"

I guess a little party won't kill me. It will at least distract me from thinking of the boy.

 

.

 

Mom was as surprised as Mr. Kim, both jaws dropped. She covered and asked me to repeat what I said.  

I think Mr. Kim didn't want Yeonhee to go. I think he just said what he said because he was sure I will not accept. I think he really didn't want her to go.

I also think he didn't say anything because of my mom.

She was more than happy to see me going out with Yeonhee. Despite where we're going, mom would be happy. I thought I should've got advantages of this. She didn't say any comments about my outfit which is rare and never happened.

I was wearing a white dress with adjustable lace-up sides. My thigh was showing. My under- tattoo was showing from the sides. I wore my nose piercing. I put too much eyeliner. I did all the things mom hate and usually fight me for and she did nothing.

image1xxl.jpg

She was smiling, actually. Mom used to stop me when I wear something like this, but she didn't mind at all.

"You're going out for the first time ever and I feel like we need to capture such a moment," mom took out her phone and took a picture of the three of us. I appeared frowning in the picture. This wasn't the reaction I wanted.

We walked out of the door. We're heading to the car where the driver is waiting for us along with Wonwoo, since Mr. Kim asked him specifically to us. I was about to say something like why would we even need someone to be with us, are we kids or something, but I was shocked that Yeonhee said nothing at all.

If I were her and I got that treatment every time I go out, I would kill myself.

I think I am not the only child whose parents don't trust to go by himself.

I used to go to parties by myself. Walking there or with a friend. But I have never gone anywhere with a driver in a Cadillac escalade. It was too luxurious.

Rich people go to places with a driver. Their own driver. A chauffeur they like to call him.

I wanted to tell Mr. Kim that we can go there by a bus or take a walk with Wonwoo if he wanted to, but I saved my face's water and remained silent.

I felt like Mr. Kim regretted telling his daughter to take me with her. I see it in his face that he didn't want her to go. But again, if he didn't want her to go he could've just said it.

I sat silently while looking out of the window. Mr. Kim's residence is in a rich neighbor. I can see the huge houses that lined up next to ours.

Oh, his and his daughter's. Correction.

Image 1 of ASOS Cut Out Ribbed Mini Bodycon Dress

Yeonhee wore a pale-blue mid-thigh dress. She looked stunning, but of course, I didn’t tell her that. I just wondered how can she be so pretty yet so stupid. He body was perfect, but she still acts like a child, if that makes any sense. As I was stealing glances at her while she is not aware on the other side of the car, I noticed something. Someone was glancing at her through the mirror, but I caught him red-handed.

It was Wonwoo.

Once his eyes noticed mine, he blinked nervously and looked somewhere else.

I frowned. Narrowed my eyes. And widened my smile.

 

.

 

Yeonhee spoke naturally to Wonwoo. I just couldn't contain my smile.

The guy likes her, and not just that, I think he does for a pretty long time. Why I did just notice that? He smiles when she's around, he speaks only with her and he is a different person when she is around. When you see the two together you get the vibes that they knew each other for a long time. That they are friends before being one who works for another.

He technically works in her house and she is the boss, but they're still friends. Well, from Yeonhee I see that she sees it that way. But not for Wonwoo. The guys is head over heels for that pretty girl.

I don't blame him. Boys usually like headless girls with a pretty face. They give them the oh-protect-me aura. She is nice too. I mean, I sometimes doubt she has ever yelled at someone.

Bam.

I think Wonwoo doesn’t know about that boyfriend Minwo.

Or worse, he knows.

Poor boy.

I would help him out if that would make him love me more. I would hook the two together, if that what he wants, since I didn't like that Minwo boy.

Oh god. Why would I even care?

The two were whispering as I was a few steps behind checking out my dress. Wonwoo was more nervous than I ever saw him. I guess it's because I caught him.

I smiled again and shook my head. That's why he hates me then. Because I treat her like . Now I get it. I wonder if she talks about me with him.

Yeonhee looked on the car's window. "Oh, god, how do I look?" I couldn't believe that she was too naïve to ask Wonwoo. I was with her. She should just asked me. And for real? She couldn't realize that he likes her? I mean, his face is as red as my purse. I think he is angry, not just shy.

Of course, he would be. She is pretty but not for him.

And of course, in his world, she is out of his league. But in my world, nothing is impossible. I think I should tell him that, but I will save it for later. I decided that I would help him with her.

"You look just fine," he answered and my smile widened as I approached. "You look more than just fine. Don't lie, Wonwoo."

The stupid looked at me with a tight smile. I think she is happy that I said that. "Thank you, but he is just being nice,"

I know idiot. In fact, I know that he tries to sound normal and he wants to say more but he has to swallow all of that. He needs to sound as professional as possible or else his heart would be shattered.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes when I told her I forgot something in the car and I would follow her within seconds. He knew I did that to have a private conversation with her.

"So that's why you've been giving me those dirty looks," I bit my lips, trying to contain my grin. "Because I treat your cupcake like , yeah?"

He put his hand on the car's door, ready to get in. "I can't believe I am having this conversation with you,"

I stopped him. "You don't have this attitude with me, okay?"

He raised his eyebrows and shook his head. I blinked and my lips.

"It's just-"

I didn't know why I had this urge to explain everything to him. Why I hate Yeonhee yet I don't fully hate her. Why I can't accept my mother's marriage yet I am here in Jeju next to her and waiting for the wedding. Why I can't take any of Mr. Kim's rich friends yet I have this little crush or whatever it was with that boy.

A lot of things.

I really wanted to tell him a lot of things.

I think he is the only one in here whom I think I can easily approach and have a normal conversation with. And I think he won't judge me. He is poor, just like mom and I.

"I don't know what you're going to say and I really don't have any intentions to listen, but I'm going to ask you one thing. Stop whatever you're doing to her."

Now it is my turn to roll my eyes. He didn't let me say anything.

"She got enough already from those surrounding her. The last thing she needs is someone bullying her in her own house,"

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I don't hit her or do anything that's too mean. I just express what I feel and I don't think it is called bullying.

I looked at his eyes. Too serious that he is scaring me. "I am not bullying her, it-"

"Just try to be nice to her,"

I will when I want to do that myself, I don't need someone to tell me. Either ways, I am sick of doing this. I will leave soon and I will not have to see her face or his face anymore. I didn't know why I felt kind of ashamed and I couldn't say anything back.

He got into the car and said through the opened window. His eyes looked worried but I couldn't laugh or make fun of the situation whatsoever. "Keep an eye on her for me, would you?"

I blinked. Something said inside me, I will. I am used to looking after people anyways.

God. The car passed by the building and vanished. He made me look like the bad guy and he disappeared just like that.

Maybe I am. 


AN: Thank you all for your nice comments. 
I got to admit, that I didn't expect that many!
Chapter nine will be a long one. Like, really really long with some Haneul/Baekhyun and Haneul/Mingyu moments!

Stay tuned!

(Tell me what do you think of this chapter? Did you have some thoughts that Wonwoo likes Yeonhee? What do you think he means by what he said to Haneul?)

I am too excited for this party and what will happen there. I am too excited to update the chapter for you guys to read it. 

Don't forget to tell me your thoughts. 

Any comment is always welcomed.