Shot 3

VIXX One-shot Collection Vol. 1

[3rd Person POV]

 

April xx, 2015 19:30

 

Hakyeon sighed as he sat on his place in a fancy restaurant, fiddling with his fingers as he internally cursed his good for nothing best friend, "Lee Jaehwan, I will murder you once I get home after I make sure my baby boy, Sanghyuk, is fast asleep." Hakyeon said under his breath as he gave a bright, yet fake, smile at the poor soul from the five men Jaehwan managed to hook him up with for the night.

The man approaching him is tall, brunette, cute dimples, and "a player" Hakyeon said to himself with a slight scowl on his face. "Hi, I'm Lee Hongbin. You must be Cha Hakyeon?" The man said politely with a hand stretched out. Hakyeon bit back a snarky comment and nodded before shaking the outstretched hand of the taller. "Yes, I'm Cha Hakyeon. I'm so sorry if my frie--er I might have ruined your Saturday night." Hakyeon said with full sincerity in his voice. The dimpled man, Hongbin, shook his head and smiled politely as he sat down on his place in front of Hakyeon's. "Oh, no! Its quite alright, as I've met a striking beauty in a place like this tonight." Hongbin said with a playful and flirty glint in his eyes. Hakyeon internally scoffed at the other man and smiled softly. "I do hope you mean me when you said you've seen a striking beauty, and not the T-bone Steak in front of us." Hakyeon said with a slight chuckle. Hongbin chuckled and shook his head. "I must say you are very witty, Hakyeon-ssi." Hongbin said while looking at Hakyeon. Hakyeon felt himself flush a bit and said, "Me witty? I don't think so. My son is more witty than I am, even though he's just five years old." Hongbin froze in his seat as he heard Hakyeon absentmindedly mentioned his son. Hakyeon looked at Hongbin with confusion in his expression. "Hongbin-ssi? Are you alright?" The taller man nodded before he nervously took a sip of his water. "Y-yes. I'm fine, Hakyeon-ssi. It's just you suddenly mentioned that you had a son." And this is where everything Jaehwan plans goes down the drain. Hakyeon thought bitterly. The smaller male nodded with a small genuine smile. "Yes, I do. His name is Han Sanghyuk, but he isn't my biological child though." Hakyeon said as he looked at the other male, who gradually paled as time goes on. Hakyeon raised his brow in slight annoyance at the lack of response from the other. "Hongbin-ssi? Is there something wrong with what I said?" Hakyeon asked. Hongbin shook his head rapidly. "No! Not at all Hakyeon-ssi! Its just that I--" "You're not afraid of commitment, but you aren't ready to take care of a child?" Hakyeon finished what Hongbin might have said in a cold tone. Hongbin sighed and nodded with guilt. "I'm so sorry, Hakyeon-ssi." Hongbin said as he stood up. Hakyeon smiled in understanding. "No, it's alright. It was nice meeting you, even though it was for a short time." Hakyeon said. Hongbin smiled and handed a piece of paper to Hakyeon before taking the smaller's hand in his and gave a kiss. "Like wise, my beauty. Although I do hope we could keep in-touch as friends?" The other asked hopefully. Hakyeon chuckled and nodded. "Absolutely! How old are you again, Lee Hongbin-ssi?" Hongbin chuckled and said "I'm three years younger than you, according to your friend, Lee Jaehwan, who also happens to be my good for nothing brother." Hakyeon chuckled at that. "Then I'm sure that we'll be good friends then." Hongbin smiled and nodded before waving a goodbye at his new friend. Hakyeon waved back with a genuine smile at the younger before he sighed sadly.

 

It's been 2 years since Hakyeon's sister and brother-in-law passed away in a tragic car accident and left their only son, Sanghyuk, in his care. Hakyeon sighed sadly at the memory and realized how he felt so lonely and in a great need to get Sanghyuk a proper father figure. Oh Sanghyukkie, I hope I could find you a father figure sooner or later since I'm nothing but your mother figure as you keep calling me "Umma". Hakyeon thought with a small smile, not noticing a new figure sitting in front of him smiling at the daydreaming Cha Hakyeon.

Hakyeon was soon brought back to the real world when he heard a very unfamiliar chuckle. Hakyeon looked around and his eyes soon landed on a man, who oddly looks similar to him, sitting in front of him. "Oh! I'm so sorry for that!" Hakyeon said with his cheeks flushing a light shade of pink as he pats them. The other man smiled and shook his head. "It's alright. I find it very cute actually." He said. Hakyeon smiled and introduced himself. "I'm Cha Hakyeon, single father-ish of one cute bubbly boy named Han Sanghyuk." The other man nodded and shook the smaller's hand. "And I'm Seo Inguk. "Father" of an annoying little named Lee Howon, aka my best friend and housemate of 5 years." Inguk said with a slightly annoyed tone at the end. Hakyeon smiled in amusement at the other. "Wow. I should have mentioned that I also "mother" an annoying little as well, my best friend since high school and housemate since college, Lee Jaehwan." Hakyeon said with pure amusement in his voice. Inguk chuckled and shook his head. "I do hope that the little boy you mentioned doesn't get influenced by your best friend-slash-housemate." Hakyeon laughed a bit and shook his head. "I don't think so. He's already taking so much sass after Jaehwannie, and to be honest it's starting to scare me." Inguk chuckled at that.

 

And for the rest of the night, the two men chatted happily and Hakyeon showing pictures of Sanghyuk like a proud mother to which Inguk accepted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hakyeon and Inguk's relationship developed and soon, the older of the two got to personally meet Hakyeon's son and "son" one fine spring day.

 

 

 

May xx, 2016

 

No. This isn't how it's supposed to be! Hakyeon thought as he held his six year old Sanghyuk close to his chest, shielding the innocent boy's eyes from the sight in front of the mother figure.

Hakyeon stared at his supposedly Fiance, Seo Inguk, with tears in his eyes. Inguk, all flustered, desperately tried to zip his pants up. "H-Hakyeon, i-it's not--" Hakyeon cut him off with a shake of his head and a glare that scares everyone. Hakyeon mouthed a short 'later' before taking Sanghyuk up to Jaehwan's room, knowing that his best friend wouldn't mind.

 

 

"Umma, why are we going to Jaehwannie hyung's room? We usually go to Ingukkie's room when we get home." Sanghyuk said. Hakyeon smiled and crouched down to match his son's height. "Because Jaehwannie hyung texted me this morning to promise him that I'll let him spend the whole afternoon with you before he goes off to work!" Hakyeon said. Sanghyuk beamed and hugged his umma's neck while chanting 'Jaehwannie hyung~!' like a mantra. Hakyeon smiled at his cute son before telling the little one to knock on his Jaehwannie hyung's door. Sanghyuk nodded eagerly and knocked three times.

The two heard some rustling and something hitting a table accompanied by a pained yelp, making the baby maknae of the household giggle and the umma facepalm. After what it seemed a century, Jaehwan finally opened his door and smiled at his two visitors. "Well, well! Look who finally decided to pay his favorite hyung a visit!" Jaehwan exclaimed. Sanghyuk giggled and raised his arms up for the older one to pick him up. "Jaehwannie hyung~! Umma told me that you made him promise you something!!" Sanghyuk said happily, not noticing the confused look Jaehwan had. "A-ah! Yeah, is it alright with you?" Jaehwan said when he saw his best friend giving him a look that says 'I'll explain later'. Sanghyuk nodded excitedly. "Yeah! Yeah! I always want to spend looooong time with hyung~!" The little boy said cutely, making the two friends aww at the aegyo. "Well, while you and Jaehwannie hyung play, umma will just talk to Ingukkie. Okay, baby?" Hakyeon said softly while caressing Sanghyuk's baby cheeks. Sanghyuk nodded and kissed his umma goodbye before Jaehwan closed the door behind him. Hakyeon sighed and made his way back to the living room, where Sanghyuk's eyes nearly got tainted.

 

 

 

"Seo Inguk. What the actual hell." Hakyeon said with his arms crossed over his chest as he stared down at his guilty looking fiancee and the random call girl, who actually had the nerve to say. "Before you answer that," Hakyeon said as Inguk made a move to speak "don't even think of lying to me. You should know that I will find out one way or another if you even try to make up some kind of lie or excuse." Inguk sighed and looked at the man he's been wanting to marry for the whole years they've been dating. "I know that sorry won't cut what I did, but....to be honest there isn't any lie or excuse I can say." Inguk said, his voice cracking. Hakyeon scoffed and glared at the girl. "And you, miss of the universe, don't touch him. The nerve you have to even stay here longer is enough to make me want to rip you apart." Hakyeon said, making the girl flinch and grab her bag before bowing in apology and run out of the house. "Inguk, why?! WHY DID YOU EVEN THINK OF DOING THIS WHEN YOU KNOW THAT YOU ASKED ME TO MARRY YOU AND I SAID YES?!" Hakyeon said as tears ran down his face. The younger of the two didn't even wait for the other to answer and just threw the engagement ring at the taller. "I want you out of this house and out of mine and Sanghyuk's lives as soon as possible while Sanghyuk is still with Jaehwan." Hakyeon said coldly before going to his own room, leaving the guilty Inguk sitting on the couch.

 

Will I ever find real love and an appa for you, Sanghyuk-ah? Hakyeon wondered as he laid on his bed, facing the ceiling. Hakyeon sighed and decided to take a quick nap before he takes Sanghyuk from Jaehwan's room to let the younger prepare for his job at the cafe, two blocks from their house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

February 14, 2017

 

Hakyeon didn't expect himself to be in Everland with a very bubbly and giddy Sanghyuk in his arms, a grinning Jaehwan, and a very smug Hongbin. "Okay, I get that it's Valentine's Day and all...but why in the world are you two so smug?" Hakyeon asked once the small "family" settled in a small, cozy cafe to grab breakfast. The two brothers grinned at each other before the youngest of the three adults took Sanghyuk and placed the little one on his lap. "Because, Sanghyukkie's umma will be meeting up Kong hyung's best friend!!" Hongbin said while happily playing with the innocent one. Sanghyuk just giggled and playfully slap Hongbin's hands away from his tickle spots. Hakyeon's eyes widened at the Lee brothers. "What." Jaehwan and Hongbin laughed at their hyung's reaction. "Oh come on Hakyeon hyung, don't tell me you completely gave up on love!" Jaehwan said, making the eldest whack his head with the menu he was holding. "Yah, Lee Jaehwan and Lee Hongbin! How dare you both plan this without my co--" Hakyeon's nagging stopped when he noticed his son smiling and waving at something--rather someone. "KONG HYUNG! IT'S RAVI HYUNGIE!!" Sanghyuk exclaimed while bouncing on Hongbin's lap. Hongbin looked at where the little one was pointing at and smiled. "Well looks like Hakyeon's date is here! Don't worry hyung, Jaehwannie and I won't leave you." Hongbin said with a mischievous wink. "Wonshik-ah~!" Hongbin said as he waved to the tall man entering the cafe they're at. Wonshik turned to the call and smiled as he saw his best friend waving at him, smiling wider when he saw Sanghyuk. "Annyeong~! Oh! Hyuk-ah~! How are you?" Wonshik said once he neared the table of the small family. Hongbin smiled and tilted his head towards the still fuming Hakyeon. Wonshik smiled and turned to look at Hakyeon. "Oh, sorry. I'm Kim Wonshik, or Ravi as what this munchkin started calling me." Wonshik said before ruffling Sanghyuk's hair. Hakyeon snapped out from his enraged state and smiled at the taller. "I'm Cha Hakyeon, this little man's umma." Hakyeon said as he took his son back from Hongbin. Sanghyuk giggled happily and hugged his umma. "Annyeong, Ravi hyungie~!" Sanghyuk said once Hakyeon placed him in between his mother and the new comer. Wonshik grinned at the little boy. "Guess what you're awesome Ravi hyuung got you~!" Wonshik said as he reached into the paper bag he was carrying earlier. Sanghyuk started to bounce excitedly on his seat. "CHOPPER?! CHOPPER?!" Sanghyuk said with excitement in his voice. Wonshik nodded and handed Sanghyuk the plushie of the One Piece character. Sanghyuk squealed happily before hugging his Ravi hyung. "Thank you so much, Ravi hyungie~!" Sanghyuk said while hugging the plushie close to his chest. Wonshik smiled and ruffled the little cutie's hair. "Anything for my best bud!!" "Hey! I thought I was your best bud!" Hongbin whined from his seat. Wonshik chuckled and stuck his tongue out. "Nope! Sanghyukkie is Ravi hyungie's best bud! You can have your camera as your new best bud from now on, Kongie hyung!!" Sanghyuk said. Wonshik, Jaehwan and Hakyeon laughed at what Sanghyuk said. Sanghyuk laughed along as well, not knowing why the three were really laughing, while Hongbin just pouted and sulked in his seat.

 

 

After they all chit-chatted, Jaehwan and Hongbin announced that they'll take Sanghyuk to see the baby animals and left Hakyeon and Wonshik in the cafe.

When the three left, Hakyeon smiled nervously at the handsome man beside him. "Wonshik-ah, thank you for helping Hongbin and Jaehwan baby-sit Sanghyuk when I went to Japan for two months." Hakyeon said with a grateful smile. Wonshik smiled at the single father's memory and nodded. "It's a pleasure to be able to help take care of your bundle of happiness." The younger said. Hakyeon felt the familiar warmth surround his heart at Wonshik's words and smile. "It actually surprised me that Sanghyuk is so open towards you." Hakyeon said. "Oh? What made you say that?" Wonshik asked, genuinely curious. Hakyeon smiled and told Wonshik about how long it took Sanghyuk to open up completely to Hongbin and his ex-Fiancé , Inguk. Wonshik nodded and listened to how Hakyeon talked about Sanghyuk opening up to how he became Sanghyuk's legal guardian along with Jaehwan and, recently, Hongbin to his past relationships before Inguk and his relationship with Inguk.

 

 

Hakyeon doesn't know what or how it all happened, but he found himself in Wonshik's surprisingly comforting arms, crying his fear and frustrations out softly; yet loud enough for the younger to hear. Wonshik whispered comforting words and rocked them side to side to comfort the older. "I-I'm just so scared that Sanghyuk will never have the parents he's born to have....I feel like I've failed my promise to Sojin noona and Wonbin hyung." Hakyeon said softly, clutching on Wonshik's arm. Wonshik said nothing and caressed Hakyeon's head comfortingly as he continued to sway them side to side and listened to Hakyeon's rants.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

June 30, 2017

 

To say Hakyeon woke up to a pleasant morning is an understatement as he stands in the middle of the living room with a smile and tears in his eyes with a hand over his mouth in surprise. Hakyeon stared at the big 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OUR LOVELY HAKYEONNIE UMMA!!!' banner connected from one wall of the living room to the other, his eyes then trailing to the lovely strawberry-choco birthday cake then to the person holding it. "Shikkie-ah.." Hakyeon said with pure adoration and gratefulness in his voice as he neared his boyfriend. Wonshik smiled and leaned down slightly to kiss the older without dropping or burning anything. "Happy birthday, Jagi." Wonshik said with a smile. Hakyeon smiled back and pecked the younger's lips before turning his attention towards the two Lee Bros. holding Sanghyuk in each of their arms with big smiles on their faces. "Happy Birthday. HAKYEON UMMA!!" The three chorused as they neared the eldest. Hakyeon let fresh tears of joy fall from his eyes as he took the present from his son's outstretched hands with a smile. "Gomawo~!" Hakyeon said before he kissed Sanghyuk's cheeks and hugged the two brothers.

 

After all the emotional greetings, everyone present gathered on the living room floor and ate the cake Wonshik and Sanghyuk made for Hakyeon. "Thank you all for doing this for me." Hakyeon said with a huge smile on his face. Wonshik smiled and kissed his boyfriend's temple and hugged him. "Thank Jaehwan hyung and Sanghyukkie." The younger whispered. Hakyeon eyed the two and smiled. "Thank you both for thinking of this wonderful party~!" Sanghyuk jumped up from Jaehwan's lap and ran into Hakyeon's arms. "I love you, Umma~!" Sanghyuk said, making Hakyeon feel so much warmth and fluff from his son. "Umma loves you too, Sanghyukkie~" The other three smiled at the mother-son moment.

 

While the mother and son had their moment, Hongbin and Jaehwan started poking Wonshik. "Just do it man!" Hongbin said. Jaehwan nodded in agreement with his brother and handed Wonshik a light blue velvet box. "I'm sure Hakyeonnie will say yes." Jaehwan said with a smile. Wonshik smiled at the two nervously and approached Hakyeon and Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk smiled and saw the small box Wonshik was holding and smiled. "Umma, ask Ravi hyung~! I'm sure he likes you also!!" Sanghyuk said, making Hakyeon blush as the umma noticed his lover sitting beside him. "Hyukie-yah, your Ravi hyung is just beside me~" Hakyeon slightly nagged. Wonshik chuckled and turned his lover around to face him. "What is the munchkin talking about?" Wonshik asked with a smile. Hakyeon blushed and said, "Well....I know that we've been together for only four months, but you're relationship with Sanghyuk is something I've been looking for in whoever my lover might be. And seeing that Sanghyuk was the first one who asked you this some days ago, I think it would be better if I say it, no?" Hakyeon said a blush and a soft smile. Wonshik felt his heart racing as he recalled the time Sanghyuk asked him to be his Appa, to which he agreed to but only when Hakyeon isn't around--the little one agreeing almost instantly. "Kim Wonshik, will you fulfill your duty to be Sanghyuk's official appa...and..Oh my," Hakyeon cut himself off when Wonshik slipped an engagement ring as he finished saying appa. Wonshik smiled and showed his own matching ring on his finger. "Yes, I will....as long as you become my wife?" Wonshik said. Hakyeon smiled and cried happily for the nth time today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And from then on, Kim Wonshik fulfilled his duties as Sanghyuk's appa and as Hakyeon's husband--even more that what Hakyeon expected. Cha Hakyeon offically became Kim Hakyeon on the day of May 24 the following year, and Han Sanghyuk finally has two parents who love each other and especially him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hakyeon has been through a lot of relationships with his son, Sanghyuk by his side and asked himself the same questions as his relationship with his lover the one question that was never answered, Will you be my son's appa?

 

Although, Hakyeon didn't regret all those past failed relationships because he finally found the right one who had answered the unanswered question. That person is his forever loving husband and father of Han Sanghyuk, Kim Wonshik.