Shot 11

VIXX One-shot Collection Vol. 1

Hongbin smiled sadly as he took the picture frame in his hands, wiping the dust from the glass. “All I could do now is to greet your picture, hyung.” He said, feeling his tears roll down his cheeks. “I miss you so much! Why did you leave me? What about our promise? We promised to get married and have little Hongbins and Taekwoons running around our house!” Hongbin said, voice cracking as he held the picture of his longtime boyfriend to his chest as he slid down the wall he leaned on. “Hongbin, please don’t do this to yourself.” Hakyeon, Taekwoon’s fraternal twin, said as he helped the broken lad up. “Hakyeon hyung, why does it still hurt? I thought seeing Taekwoonie’s picture would make all the pain fly away and never come back!” Hongbin cried as he held onto the older male, burying his crying face in the checkered shirt. Hakyeon said nothing and held the crying lad to his chest, feeling the picture frame rub against his chest as he swayed them side to side.

 

 

Two Days Later

“Hyung, what do you mean?!” Hongbin demanded as he unconsciously had a hand on his stomach. Dr. Lee Jaehwan, Hongbin’s older brother and his doctor, sighed and printed out the ultrasound. “Hongbin, please calm down.” Hakyeon said, pulling the younger to his lap, both arms secured around Hongbin’s waist. “This can’t be! I would’ve felt it a-a-and…oh god, Hakyeon hyung!!” Hongbin cried as he buried his face in the crook of Hakyeon’s neck. “Shh, I know. I know.” Hakyeon said as he rubbed circles on Hongbin’s trembling back. “Well, most mothers wouldn’t really feel the symptoms of pregnancy and just crave. If you don’t mind me asking, when was the last time you and Taekwoonie hyung had ?” Jaehwan asked carefully, walking around his desk to crouch beside Hakyeon and Hongbin to place a comforting hand on his younger brother’s shoulder. “On his birthday.” Hongbin answered, not caring that his voice cracked. “It’s been three months, how could you not feel any symptoms at all?” Jaehwan wondered in amusement and interest. “I don’t know, I guess it was because Taekwoonie was taking care of me?” Hongbin suggested. “Although, I did wake up in the early mornings to throw up.” He continued. Jaehwan nodded and hugged his brother. “Could be, but now that you know you’re expecting you should be careful and let Hakyeon hyung help in taking care of you and the baby.” Jaehwan ordered gently, Hongbin nodded along with Hakyeon.

 

 

“Thank you, hyung.” Hongbin said as Hakyeon drove them to the house Taekwoon bought for the three of them. Hakyeon smiled and rubbed the younger male’s knee affectionately. “I did promise my twin that I’d take care of you if he isn’t here.” Hongbin smiled gratefully at the elder. “I’m sure Taekwoonie hyung would’ve been so excited about my pregnancy.” Hongbin said softly as he watched them pass by a field of flowers, smiling slightly. Hakyeon chuckled and nodded, “He would be probably jumping around like a kid during Christmas or when he came to my apartment babbling about how you said yes to his proposal.” Hakyeon said with a smile. Hongbin laughed and nodded. “He wouldn’t stop bothering me the next day, asking if I really said yes or if he was just hearing things. I had to show him my hand to prove that he really did give me the ring and I said yes.” Hongbin said fondly, making Hakyeon laugh. “Of course, Taekwoon is the only person sane enough to do all those things.” The older twin said, shaking his head with a smile before stopping the car in front of their house. “We’re here.” Hakyeon announced as he took off his seatbelt, leaning over to Hongbin to help with his afterwards. Hongbin grinned and gave a pat on Hakyeon’s head. “Thank you, hyung!” Hakyeon chuckled at the younger’s cuteness and exited the car, going around to open the passenger’s side. “Welcome to the Jung Manor, Madame Kongie.” Hakyeon said with a goofy smile, offering his right hand like how butlers would do. Hongbin laughed before taking the elder’s hand. “Thank you, peasant.” Hongbin said playfully, laughing harder at the displeased expression of Hakyeon. “I’m a butler, not a peasant. And might I remind you that I am also, technically, your husband. So you better take all that back or I won’t help you with your cravings.” Hakyeon said, flipping his hair – bangs. Hongbin snorted and ignored him as he went inside the house, leaving the dumbfounded Hakyeon in the drive way. “OH YOU DID NOT JUST IGNORE THE JUNG HAKYEON!” Hakyeon shouted sassily as he ran into the house. Hongbin laughed and wondered how he even agreed to his late fiancé’s wishes.

 

 

Months Earlier

Taekwoon smiled weakly at his twin and his fiancé, holding their hands in each of his. “I can’t do that, Taekwoon.” Hakyeon said as he sobbed, clutching his weakening brother’s hand in both of his own. “Hakyeon, please. I don’t trust anyone else with Binnie, only you.” Taekwoon said softly, breath hitching from time to time. “Wonnie-ah, please don’t leave me and Hakyeonnie hyung.” Hongbin said as he layed his head on Taekwoon’s chest, feeling the weak rising of his chest. Taekwoon chuckled weekly as he leaned down to place a kiss on Hongbin’s head. “I wish I could act on your request, Bin-ah. Don’t worry, Hakyeon will take care of you when I’m away. Right, hyung?” Taekwoon said, looking at his older twin. Hakyeon cried as Taekwoon called him hyung for, what he fears, the last time. “I promise you, Taekwoon-ah, I’ll take care of Hongbin. I’m just really guilty for taking your place as Hongbin’s husband.” Hakyeon said as he kneeled to place his head on Taekwoon’s stomach. Taekwoon smiled and felt his vision start to blur. “We’re a part of each other, hyung. When you marry Hongbin, it’s like I’m also marrying him.” Taekwoon said, breathing heavily with difficulty. Hongbin and Hakyeon shot their heads up in alarm and cried harder as they called for Taekwoon and the doctors. “Hyung, no! PLEASE NO!!!!” Hongbin cried out as he shook Taekwoon’s limping hand. Taekwoon smiled softly and said one last time before darkness and light took him, “I love you so much, Jung Hongbin.” “TAEKWOON-AH!” Hakyeon shouted as he and Hongbin watched Taekwoon’s eyes close and his chest still. “H-hyungie….no!!! NO! HYUNG, TAEKWOONIE HYUNG!!! PLEASE WAKE UP!!!” Hongbin shouted as he patted Taekwoon’s white cheeks. Hakyeon cried harder as he pulled the almost hysteric Hongbin to his chest as the doctors came in. “Shh, Hongbin-ah. Hyung is here, please don’t cry. Remember what Taekkie said? He told us that He and I are a part of each other and that he trusts me to take good care of you.” Hongbin weakly nodded in Hakyeon’s chest, crying silently. “And I will fulfill my promise to him. And I promise you as well, although I may not be who Taekwoon is, I will love and protect you as much as he did. And if you allow it, maybe more than he did and what he wanted to.” Hakyeon said, wiping his never ending tears away as he held Hongbin’s head in his hands. Hongbin smiled weakly and nodded. “Taekwoonie would really like that, won’t he?” Hakyeon smiled back and nodded before turning his attention to the bed and willed himself not to cry out loud as he saw the doctors covering Taekwoon’s still body with a white blanket. Hongbin did the same, only he cried out loud like what Hakyeon tried not to do. “TAEKWOONIE HYUNG!!” Hongbin cried as he let Hakyeon hold him close, eyes never leaving the bed the nurses rolled out. Hakyeon bit his lip as he released a small pained whimper as he watched the nurses roll the bed that had his twin and Hongbin’s true love’s cold body.

 

 

Wedding Day

“Hey.” Hakyeon greeted from Hongbin’s dressing room door. Hongbin smiled softly, before shaking his head. “You’re not supposed to be here. Its bad luck you know, the groom seeing his bride moments before they get married.” Hongbin said, standing up to wrap his arms around Hakyeon’s neck. Hakyeon chuckled as he wrapped his arms around Hongbin’s waist, “Well technically you’re a groom as well, but who cares? I want to see the bride and no one, not even those stupid superstitions, can stop me from doing so.” Hakyeon said with a nod. Hongbin snorted and playfully slapped the back of Hakyeon’s head. Hakyeon pouted, only to smile softly when Hongbin pecked him. Hongbin smiled shyly as he bit the bottom of his lip and looked down at the black necktie of Hakyeon, blushing a bit. “Hongbin, you know that I’ve loved you for as long as Taekwoon did, and still do. Right?” Hakyeon said softly, lifting Hongbin’s head with a hand under the younger’s chin. Hongbin nodded. “I just want you to know that I’ll do my best in being your husband and make you and Taekwoon happy. That’s my priority.” Hakyeon confessed. Hongbin felt his eyes watering and chuckled. “Oh god, hyung! It’s only ten more minutes before the wedding and I’m already crying!” Hongbin said, hitting the older male’s chest lightly. Hakyeon chuckled and leaned down. “Can I?” He asked softly, glancing at Hongbin’s lips shortly before looking into the younger’s eyes. Hongbin smiled, eyes crinkling into cute crescents, and nodded. Hakyeon smiled back and kissed the younger softly.

 

 

“Congratulations on your wedding, Jung Hakyeon and Lee—oops I mean, Jung Hongbin.” Jaehwan said playfully. The newly wedded couple rolled their eyes with a smile. “Shut up, hyung. You’re just jealous I got married before you did!” Hongbin teased back. Jaehwan scoffed like the diva he is and crossed his arms over his chest. “I’ll have you know that I’m working on my proposal to take Wonshikkie’s hand in marriage!” Jaehwan retorted in his KENjumma voice. Hakyeon laughed while Hongbin snorted. “More like trying to not get your kicked by Wonshik’s younger sister.” Hongbin said, casually taking a sip of his and Hakyeon’s wine. Jaehwan scowled at his brother before poking his own boyfriend’s arm repeatedly. “Shikkie-ah, tell Hongbinnie to shut up!” Jaehwan whined. Wonshik rolled his eyes, shaking his head with an amused smile. “I don’t know, hyung. It is Kongie and Hakyeonnie hyung’s special day.” Wonshik said. Jaehwan’s jaw dropped in disbelief, making the newlyweds laugh. “Poo, Jaehwannie.” Hakyeon teased.

 

 

 

Present Time (forwarded to Hongbin being 5 months pregnant)

“How are you and Jaehwan so sure that the baby is Taekwoonie’s and not mine?” Hakyeon asked with a pout as he and Hongbin cuddled in their bed. Hongbin giggled before flicking Hakyeon’s nose affectionately and said, “Because we never did it.” Hakyeon blinked a few more times before pouting more, eyes turning glassy with tears. “Binnie! Why did you answer that?!” Hakyeon whined as he nuzzled the younger’s hair. Hongbin giggled and tapped Hakyeon’s arm to get the dramatic husband’s attention. “Because I enjoy emotionally torturing you.” Hongbin said evilly, his eyes and smile not quite matching the evilness. Hakyeon squealed and hugged the pregnant one carefully. “WHY ARE YOU SO DARN CUTE, JUNG HONGBIN?!” Hakyeon said. Hongbin cringed at the Njumma tone his husband used. “Hyung, don’t. You’re doing the Njumma voice again.” Hongbin said, making Hakyeon chuckle. “I know. I just like torturing you mentally.” Hakyeon said in the same witty voice Hongbin used not too long ago. Hongbin snorted and pushed his husband off the bed. “Have fun sleeping on the floor, Hakyeonnie!! Be sure to check the windows and mirrors before you knock yourself out. Taekwoonie likes to watch us sleep.” Hongbin said evilly before closing his eyes, leaving the now frightened Hakyeon as he started drifting off to dreamland.

“T-Taekwoonie?” Hakyeon whispered as checked all the windows and mirrors in their house, actually believing Hongbin. Hakyeon yelped as he saw Taekwoon’s reflection in one of the long mirrors on the wall in the hallway leading to his and Hongbin’s bedroom. “Yes, hyung?” Taekwoon said with a smile. Hakyeon started shaking like a Chihuahua and felt his dark skin turn pale. “H-how…..Wait NO! YOU AREN’T REAL AND I’M JUST TIRED AND MISSING YOU TOO MUCH!” Hakyeon said as he shook his head. Taekwoon chuckled. “Well, technically I am real since you can see me and well you did call me.” Taekwoon said. Hakyeon then fainted when Taekwoon came out of the mirror and stood in front of him.

 

 

Hongbin stared at his husband’s body on the floor and rolled his eyes. “The idiot probably scared himself into unconsciousness again.” Hongbin grumbled as he kicked Hakyeon’s back softly after realizing that it’s a bit impossible to bend with his bump in the way. “Hakyeonnie hyung, get up from the floor. It’s disgusting.” Hongbin said, face morphing into a disgusted expression. Hakyeon stirred up from his sleep and was about to scream for his wife or their huge family cat, Leo. “HONG—oh there you are!” Hakyeon said as he flung himself at his wife, careful enough to not squish the growing baby in Hongbin. “Hyung, what the heck?!” Hongbin said as he pushed Hakyeon away, disgusted. “I saw Taekwoonie through that mirror last night, Binnie-ah!!” Hakyeon said, bewildered still from last night’s events. Hongbin stared at his husband before kick the elder into their room. “GO BACK TO SLEEP, HYUNG! YOU AREN’T MAKING ANY SENSE!” Hongbin shouted as he walked down the stairs to prepare him and their baby Taekyeonnie’s breakfast. “Looks like your Hakyeon appa’s a bit weird, isn’t he Taekyeonnie?” Hongbin whispered to his bump affectionately with a smile, rubbing his protruding stomach. Hongbin smiled wider when he felt their baby girl kicking where his hand stayed softly.

 

 

 

Jung Taekyeon’s Birth

Hongbin cried happily as he stared at his beautiful baby girl’s face, everything but the dimples on the little girl’s face morphed into Taekwoon’s. “You’re so beautiful, my baby girl.” Hongbin whispered as he kissed the small forehead of Taekyeon. The baby blinked its feline eyes and reached out to clutch on her mother’s pinky. Hongbin chuckled and cooed at the baby girl. Hakyeon came into the room with food and guests, stopping to smile at the sight before him. Hakyeon felt his heart melt at the sweet moment between his wife and daughter, crying a bit once he got to hold his twin’s daughter. “Annyeong, Taekyeonnie~! I’m your appa!” Hakyeon said softly, cooing at the now smiling baby girl. Taekyeon let out a small giggle as she reached up to hold on Hakyeon’s nose. Hakyeon and Hongbin laughed softly at their daughter’s cuteness. “Aww! So cute! I hope our baby becomes as cute as Taekyeonnie!!” Wonshik said as he hugged his husband’s arm. Jaehwan chuckled and nodded. “Although none of us have Taekwoon hyung’s cute feline-like appearance, I’m sure our little one will turn out as a mini Hongbin since he/she has my genes and I am Hongbin’s brother after all.” Jaehwan said. Wonshik rolled his eyes and went over to the new family, smiling once Hongbin personally let the new expecting mother hold little Taekyeonnie. “Aigoo~ so pretty! Annyeong, Taekyeon-ah! I’m Aunty Wonshikkie! I’ll spoil you as much as I can!!” Wonshik said, making his husband and Hakyeon groan simultaneously. “There goes my next pay check.” Jaehwan grumbled. “I think I can feel a headache coming in.” Hakyeon said as he plopped on the chair beside Hongbin’s bed. Hongbin and Wonshik laughed at their husband’s reactions and cooed at their bubbly Taekyeon.

 

 

 

 

Taekyeon’s 5th Birthday

“HAPPY BIRHTDAY, TAEKYEONNIE!!” Hongbin, Hakyeon, Jaehwan, Wonshik, Jaewon and Sanghyuk greeted. Taekyeon beamed at them and blew the fire from her butterfly shaped birthday candles. “Happy Birthday, princess!” Hongbin said as he picked his daughter up. “Thank you, Mama!” Taekyeon said in her cute soft voice as her face blushed in a light shade of pink. “Aigoo, our Taekyeonnie is exactly like her appa!” Hakyeon said fondly. Hongbin chuckled and kissed his daughter’s cheek. “No I’m not!” Taekyeon said, pouting and brows furrowing making her more like Taekwoon. “Yes you are, Taekyeon-ah.” Hongbin said before placing her back on the ground. Taekyeon huffed before running to where Taekwoon’s picture rests and jumped up to take it from the table, successfully taking in in her hands. “APPA! KONGIE UMMA AND HAKYEONNIE APPA ARE BEING MEAN AGAIN!” Taekyeon whined as she held her father’s framed picture to her chest. Hongbin and Hakyeon cooed at how cute their daughter is being, not regretting telling their five year old daughter about her real dad. “She’s Taekwoon one moment, then Hakyeon the next. Are you sure you didn’t have a ?” Jaehwan asked, earning a smack on the head by his wife. “Jaehwan, language. Jaewonnie and Taekyeonnie are near!” Wonshik warned as he bounced a very fussy Sanghyuk in his arms. “Yah, Jung Hongbin. Your maknae’s starting to get fussy!” Wonshik said as he walked to the three year old’s mother. “Umma! Umma!” Sanghyuk said as he reached out for his mother, whacking Wonshik’s face in the process. Hongbin placed the plate of food on the table before taking his maknae from his best friend’s arms. “Aigoo~! Is our Sanghyukkie being fussy again?” Hongbin cooed. Sanghyuk nodded, not really knowing what his mother said. “Leo!!!” The maknae said as he pointed at the family cat. The cat looked up and swayed his tail in amusement as the toddler made his way to him. Sanghyuk giggled as the cat rubbed its head against the little boy’s chubby hands. “Leo!!” Sanghyuk said happily, making the cat purr. Hongbin chuckled and shook his head at the impossibly cute boy. “We have got to stop making cute babies.” Hongbin said as he felt his husband wrap his arms around him. Hakyeon chuckled and rested his chin on Hongbin’s shoulder, “They’re only cute because you’re their umma! I mean look at Taekyeonnie, she still has your cute dimples even though she mostly looks exactly like Taekwoonie!” Hakyeon said as he and Hongbin watched Taekyeon as their eldest played with Sanghyuk and Leo. Hongbin smiled and nodded. “Do you think Taekwoonie’s watching us?” Hakyeon hummed in reply. “I’m sure he’s watching us 24/7.” Hakyeon said, only to widen his eyes at what he said. “24/7…..OH SWEET TREES, THAT MEANS HE EVEN WATCHED US MAKE LITTLE SANGHYUKKIE!!” Hakyeon said before he paled and fainted, landing on Leo who decided to let the three kids play with each other. Leo hissed before running away to hide. Hongbin rolled his eyes at his forever dramatic husband before joining the three kids.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taekwoon’s Death Anniversary (Taekyeon – 16; Sanghyuk – 14)

Taekyeon fell on her knees as she arrived in front of her father’s tombstone with his smiling picture in the middle of it. Taekyeon cried as she shakily reached out to touch her father’s engraved name. “J-Jung T-Taekwoon…” She whispered, feeling something tug at her heartstrings as she pronounced her father’s name. Hakyeon and Hongbin held each other as they watched their eldest with teary eyes. “T-Taekwoon A-A-Appa……” Taekyeon cried as she placed her flower offering before dropping her head as she rested a hand on the tombstone. Sanghyuk cried silently behind her, a hand on his sister’s shoulder. “Come on, noona. Don’t cry in front of Uncle Taekwoon.” Sanghyuk said, encouraging his sister to calm down a bit. Taekyeon chucled and nodded. “Sorry about that, appa. I’m just so happy to meet you, even though it’s like this. But don’t worry, I’m really happy with Kongie umma, Hakyeonnie appa, and Sanghyukkie!” Taekyeon said with a small smile, mirroring Taekwoon’s smile in the picture. “It’s actually scary how we look so much alike, minus the dimples.” Taekyeon joked, lightening up the mood like the mood maker she grew up to be. Hongbin and Hakyeon chuckled while Sanghyuk smiled. “Umma and Hakyeonnie appa have been telling me stories about you as I was growing up. To be honest, I really wished I met you! You sound like a really nice person!” Taekyeon said as silent tears fell from her eyes, a soft and sad smile forming on her lips. “Well, I’ll make sure to visit you whenever High School doesn’t bury me in their requirements okay? I need to pass the baton to Hyogi now.” Taekyeon said, laughing a bit as she stood up and went to hug her parents. “You did well, Taekyeonie.” Hakyeon said as he and Hongbin hugged the hysterically crying Taekyeon. Taekyeon nodded shakily as she hugged her current appa’s waist.

 

 

“Hi, hyung!” Taekwoon’s reflection appeared on night as Hakyeon brushed his teeth while Hongbin and his two children slept away. “TAEK-AAACKK!” Hakyeon chocked as he accidentally shoved his toothbrush too far in his mouth, almost down his throat if he wasn’t careful enough. Taekwoon laughed at his twin’s stupidity and smiled. “Man, I will never get tired of scaring you!” Taekwoon teased, his feline eyes crinkling into two small crescents. “I agree with Taekyeonnie. Your resemblance, no wait COPY PASTE looks are scary.” Hakyeon said once he spat the toothpaste and his toothbrush out and on the sink. Taekwoon smirked, “Well, I am one of a kind.” Hakyeon rolled his eyes as he rinsed his mouth. “Not anymore, my feline twin.” Hakyeon said smugly. Taekwoon rolled his eyes with a smile. “You’re right, I have a living carbon copy.” Taekwoon said. Hakyeon laughed only to be scared out of his body for the second time when another reflection of Taekwoon appeared – no wait, “Taekyeon? What are you doing up so late and why are you in mine and Hongbin’s bathroom?” Hakyeon said, clutching his toothbrush to his chest. Taekyeon snorted before waving at Taekwoon’s reflection. “Hiya, Taekwoonie appa!” Taekwoon beamed before waving back. “Hello, Taekyeon-ah!” Hakyeon watched with wide eyes as the carbon copy of his twin and his twin’s ghost reflection talked to each other. Hakyeon felt light headed when his twin came out of the mirror and fainted once Taekwoon and Taekyeon hugged. “Looks like the idiot fainted again.” Taekwoon said with an eye roll. Taekyeon tilted her head, “What do you mean by again? Hakyeon appa fainted more than once?” Taekwoon chuckled and shook his head. “This is second time fainting actually. He just screamed and ran away whenever I randomly appear outside mirrors.” Taekyeon face palmed and groaned. “Of course. He isn’t Jung Hakyeon if he doesn’t faint or run away, screaming like a girl whenever something like this happens.” Taekwoon chuckled before ruffling his daughter’s hair. “I’m starting to agree with you and Hakyeon hyung about our similarities. I’m starting to get scared as well.” Taekwoon joked, making his daughter laugh along. “Like I said this morning, everything except our anatomy and my dimples are the only differences we have. Other than that I’m “Jung Taekwoon’s reincarnation in a female’s body.” I quote that from Uncle Jaehwan.” Taekyeon said. Taekwoon laughed and shook his head before going back in the mirror. “It’s getting late, young lady. You better get back to bed so you’ll grow properly, and not like Hakyeon hyung. He never sleeps properly, that’s why he’s short.” Taekwoon said. Taekyeon laughed and shook her head before taking Hakyeon’s toothbrush out of his grasp and poked him with it.

A few more pokes and Hakyeon came back to the world. Not quite. “WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP WAKING ME UP?!”  Hakyeon whined in his Njumma tone. Taekyeon and Taekwoon cringed at Hakyeon’s screaming. “Appa, you’ll wake Sanghyuk and Umma up!” Taekyeon panicked once the ringing in her ears stopped and shoved the toothbrush in Hakyeon’s mouth to shut him up. Hakyeon choked a bit before he glared at Taekyeon. “Don’t glare at me.” Taekyeon said, her eyes narrowing into two slits unconsciously and scaring Hakyeon and Taekwoon. Hakyeon nodded, completely terrified at Taekyeon’s sudden death glare. Taekyeon smiled, eyes curling up into a pleased cat expression. “Okie! Now, I suggest we all go back to our rooms – Taekwoonie appa hiding somewhere in the house, before Hongbin umma wakes up and murder us.” Taekyeon suggested, earning nods from the mirror and the floor. Taekyeon smiled before leaving through the bathroom’s second door, not wanting to risk waking a morning hater Hongbin.

Hakyeon and Taekwoon stared at each other with a somewhat matching terrified expressions, wide eyes and jaws slightly agape.  “She’s scarier than I am.” Taekwoon said, recovering from the shock. Hakyeon nodded, slowly reverting to his normal Hayeon self. “I fear for the day she comes into our home, with her husband and is a bundle of emotions.” Hakyeon said as he felt a cold shiver crawling up his spine. Taekwoon gave Hakyeon a “good luck, bro” look.

While the twins chatted, Hongbin watched the two from the door – completely shocked. He’s going to have to test that out to make sure he isn’t dreaming.

 

 

 

 

Hongbin’s Birthday (Taekyeon – 18; Sanghyuk – 16)

Hongbin screamed as he saw Taekwoon’s reflection as he brushed his teeth one morning. “Ah! Jezes, Hongbin! You’re worse than Hakyeon and Sanghyuk whenever I pay a visit! Thank shisus Taekyeon didn’t scream.” Taekwoon said as he cringed and twitched from the ringing in his ears. Hongbin started to hyperventilate for a while before passing out. “Oh no, not you too.” Taekwoon groaned as he came out of the mirror to carry the limp Hongbin in his arms and brought the younger to the room, ignoring the stares he got from Taekyeon and Sanghyuk. “What? Your mother fainted when he saw me. Am I that scary?” Taekwoon asked as he placed Hongbin on the bed. “Well, considering you’ve been up there for a long time..” Sanghyuk trailed off. “Expect people who love and know you to scream and faint.” Taekyeon said. Taekwoon scowled before sitting on the floor, in the middle of the master bedroom. “You’re just saying that because you never screamed nor fainted.” Taekwoon grumbled. Taekyeon grinned, “Well, that’s because I’m not fazed by things like these!” Sanghyuk smiled evilly, “But you screamed and fainted in pure joy when Jaewon hyung asked you to be his Valentine.” Taekyeon blushed and started beating her brother with a pillow, Taekwoon watching the two with a brow raised and an amused expression. “OW! NOONA, HOW COULD YOU MAKE A PILLOW HITTING ME HUR-AAAACCCCCCCCKK!!!” Sanghyuk screeched as Taekyeon continued to assault him with a pillow. “YOU ARE ONE TROLL OF A DONOGSAENG, JUNG SANGHYUK!!!” Taekyeon said as he beats Sanghyuk with a pillow.

“HONEY, I’M HO-LY !” Hakyeon said comically as he entered the room with his face, that is slowly turning into a stank face. “Oh, hello hyung!” Taekwoon said nonchalantly, not taking his eyes off his daughter and nephew arguing like two cats. “Hi, Taekwoon. TAEKWOON?!” Hakyeon said before fainting. “WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP FAINTING WHEN I’M AROUND?!” Taekwoon cried out, exasperated. The two siblings stopped their cat/pillow fight and face palmed upon seeing their dramatic father on the floor.

 

“I’M SO HAPPY YOU’RE HERE FOR MY BIRHTDAY!!” Hongbin squealed a few hours later when he regained consciousness, and is now tackling Taekwoon to the floor. Taekyeon and Sanghyuk watched their umma and Taekyeon’s appa amusedly. “Wouldn’t want to miss it when you aren’t you know….” Taekwoon trailed of as he eyed Hakyeon’s still unconscious form with a slight blush tainting his cheeks and the tips of his ears. Hongbin laughed before he got off of Taekwoon. “I don’t know if I should hide away in embarrassment now that I know you watch me and Hakyeonnie in those moments.” Hongbin said. Taekwoon groaned and hid his face in his large hands, wanting to disappear. “Must you two be so….spiced up every time it’s either your birthday or his?” Taekwoon asked, face still red and buried in his hands. Hongbin laughed and ruffled the older male’s hair before throwing his phone at his husband, hitting Hakyeon’s forehead. “YAH!” Hakyeon said as he jolted back to reality. “Why do you people keep waking me up?!” Hakyeon said, making the others snort at his overused line whenever he comes back from fainting. “It’s nice seeing you too, Honey.” Hongbin said sarcastically as he took his phone from Hakyeon. Hakyeon pouted. “What, no kiss?” Hakyeon whined, making Taekyeon and Sanghyuk gag. “If you need us, Sanghyukkie and I will just go over to Uncle Jaehwan and Aunty Wonshik’s house. We do not want to witness whatever is going to happen in this room.” Taekyeon said, standing up with Sanghyuk and left. Taekwoon and Hakyeon chuckled at the two before smirking at each other. “You thinking what I’m thinking?” Taekwoon asked his twin as they kneeled on each side of Hongbin. “Oh yeah.” Hakyeon said deeply before he kissed Hongbin, Taekwoon kissing Hongbin’s neck. Hongbin whimpered as the two men he loves kissed and marked him theirs.

 

“Doesn’t this make me a Necrophile?” Hongbin asked as he tried to regain his breathing after his two lovers fell on either side of him. Taekwoon chuckled and shook his head. “Honey, you need to actually have direct with my corpse. And as you can see and felt, I am not a corpse.” Taekwoon said as he and Hakyeon curled up against Hongbin. Hongbin sighed in relief before smiling. “Happy birthday, sweetie.” Hakyeon and Taekwoon said. Hongbin beamed before kissing their cheeks. “Best birthday ever.”

 

 

 

 

Taekyeon’s Wedding (Taekyeon – 25; Sanghyuk – 23)

“You look so beautiful!” Hongbin cried as he hugged his daughter. Taekyeon smiled and willed herself not to cry. “Umma, you’ll faint if you keep wailing like a dying whale.” Taekyeon joked. Hongbin laughed and wiped his tears away before kissing his daughter’s forehead. “My only girl is finally getting married!!” Hongbin said for the nth time that day, making Wonshik and Taekwoon laugh.

“It still surprises me that you’re the only one, apart from Taekyeon, who didn’t scream and or run away when I came out of the mirror.” Taekwoon told Wonshik as they watched the mother and daughter spend their last few moments together. Wonshik nodded, “You haven’t noticed, but I always see your reflections in the mirrors whenever Jaehwan and I come over.” Taekwoon nodded, only to jump out of his seat when Taekyeon squealed. “APPA, YOU NEED TO SHOW YOURSELF TO YOUR SOON TO BE SON-IN-LAW!!” Taekyeon said, jumping up and down with Wonshik and Hongbin. Taekwoon cringed as he was unceremoniously yanked from the floor by his daughter and yelped when she pushed him into the mirror. “YAH! JUNG TAEKYEON, HOW DARE YOU YANK AND PUSH YOUT FATHER SO VIOLENTLY?!” Taekwoon said, feigning anger as his eyes betrayed him with tears. Taekyeon smiled and reached into the mirror to touch her father’s cheek. “Appa, you said you wouldn’t cry on my wedding!” Taekyeon said, feeling tears well up in her eyes. Taekwoon held Taekyeon’s hand and smiled. “Arraseo, I won’t cry for now since I’ll be meeting my son-in-law. But don’t get scared when you people hear a wailing noise somewhere once the exchanging of vows start. That will be me crying like the proud father I am.” Taekwoon said before pushing Taekyeon’s hand gently out of the mirror and disappearing to meet the man he’ll entrust his only daughter with. Taekyeon smiled before turning around and scowling at the two ahjummas crying their eyes out. “Seriously, guys. Save the tears for later!” Taekyeon nagged, ignoring the tears streaming down her face. Hongbin gasped, pushing Wonshik ungracefully away. “Don’t cry! You’ll ruin your make-up!!” Hongbin said as he dabbed the tears away with his handkerchief. Taekyeon chuckled and nodded.

 

 

During the exchanging of vows between Taekyeon and Jaewon, they all heard a loud wailing noise that sounded like a dying seal-whale hybrid. Taekyeon grinned through her happy tears while Jaewon felt his late father-in-law’s full blessing in him. “Oh my gosh, he’s so embarrassing.” Taekyeon murmured as Jaewon finished saying his vow and placing the ring through her finger. Jaewon chuckled and nodded. “I figured either Hakyeon appa or Taekwoon appa would do that.” Jaewon said, looking into his wife’s eyes as Taekyeon said her short, yet sweet and meaningful vow that got everyone in the audience and their minister in tears. Taekyeon slipped the ring through her husband’s finger and smiled. “They are twins, you know.”

 

And for the rest of the ceremony, the loud dying seal wailing noises of Taekwoon from the window near the altar never ceased and Hakyeon’s own dying whale wailing noises made it worse. Hongbin cried as he hugged his husband’s arm when Taekyeon and Jaewon sealed their vows with a kiss.

 

 

“OH, HOW I WILL MISS MY BABY GIRL!!!” Taekwoon cried as he greeted his family and their new additions in the hallways of the reception’s venue after it took place. Taekyeon snorted and smiled. “And here I thought I was the dramatic one.” Hakyeon said as he furiously wiped his tears and snot away. Hongbin and Wonshik rolled their eyes. “You still are, Honey.” Hongbin said, earning a stank face and glare from Hakyeon. “OH DEAR SWEET CHOCOLATES!” Jaewon groaned as Taekwoon practically threw himself at his son-in-law, hugging the man. “You take good care of my only daughter, alright?!” Taekwoon demanded like a child through his tears. Jaewon smiled and nodded, hugging the emotional man back. “I will, appa. I don’t want Hakyeon appa or you or anyone murdering me in my sleep.” Jaewon said wittily, making the crying father laugh and climb off the taller lad. “And as for you, Missy. You better give me, Hakyeon hyung, Jaehwan, Wonshik and Hongbin a lot of grandchildren!” Taekwoon said with a smile as his daughter hugged him. “I’ll try. But if Jaewonnie irritates me, don’t expect more than two grandchildren.” Taekyeon said. The older adults laughed and patted a pouting Jaewon.

 

 

Hongbin smiled in his sleep, hugging the warm body next to him and sighed. Hakyeon chuckled at Taekwoon’s expression and left the bed to brush his teeth. Taekwoon smiled down at Hongbin and wrapped an arm around his lover, kissing the top of the younger’s head. “I love you so much, Hongbin-ah.” Taekwoon said as Hongbin unconsciously cuddled closer to his chest.

“It surprises me how you were able to make Hongbin love you, hyung.” Taekwoon whispered as he and Hakyeon hugged their lover. Hakyeon smiled and nodded shook his head. “Hongbin told me that he also loved me for a long time. He didn’t want to admit it but it was obvious that he loved – and still does love you more.” The older twin said. Taekwoon smiled a bit and kissed Hongbin’s forehead. “Hakyeon-ah, thank you for taking care of Hongbin for me. You’re the best twin anyone could have had.” Taekwoon said, smiling at Hakyeon. Hakyeon chuckled and nodded, reaching out to ruffle his twin’s hair. “I did promise you that. And plus, Hongbin is someone I wouldn’t want to throw away. He’s too precious for those kinds of treatment.” Hakyeon said, staring down at Hongbin’s peaceful sleeping figure with so much love and affection. Taekwoon smiled before carefully Turing Hongbin towards Hakyeon, the older twin taking his wife in his embrace with a confused expression. Taekwoon chuckled and just smiled. “Continue being the best husband to Hongbinnie, Hakyeon hyung. From now and onwards, please do everything to make him forget about loving me like how he loves you.” Taekwoon said as his tears fell. Hakyeon silently cried as he shook his head. “I can’t do that, Taekwoon-ah. Hongbin’s supposed to love you like this, not me.” The older twin tried to argue, only to give up when his younger twin shook his head. “Hyung, you’re alive and you’re married to the love of my life. I gave you all my blessings as I asked you to take him as your wife, and I still do give you both my blessings because I know Hongbin is happier with you.” Taekwoon said before hugging his brother for the last time. “Hyung, if you would want to talk to me you can always mumble to yourself or hold the picture Hongbin framed.” “But how about your random appearance in the mirrors or windows? Won’t you like scaring me?” Hakyeon asked, trying to lighten up the conversation a bit. Taekwoon chuckled and shook his head. “I will be appearing, but I won’t answer verbally nor will I come out of it and become like what I am as of now.” Hakyeon nodded in understanding. “I understand. But, this isn’t goodbye?” Hakyeon asked, hopefully. “No, I don’t think so. But, for Hongbin and Taekyeon it is. I won’t be appearing before them anymore.” Taekwoon said before disappearing. Hakyeon smiled sadly before he cuddled closer to Hongbin, the younger curling up to him. “You two really love each other, don’t you?” Hakyeon asked no one in particular before shutting his eyes. ‘Taekwoon-ah, Hongbin may love me but his love for you and your love for him is much greater than mine and his.’ Hakyeon thought before falling asleep with a small smile.

 

 

 

Although Hongbin married Hakyeon and had their first child, no one could deny that Hongbin and Taekwoon’s love for each other is something greater and something no one else could beat.