Shot 21 (Sequel to Shot 9)

VIXX One-shot Collection Vol. 1

Wonshik chews his bottom lip as he held his phone in his hands, eyes staring at a certain contact name with love and affection; two emotions he rarely shows towards his wife. “Hyung, if you miss him, call him.” Wonshik’s best friend, Hongbin, said. Wonshik sighed, looking up from his phone to glare a bit at the slightly younger male. “If only it was that easy, Hongbin-ah.” Hongbin frowned, laying a hand on the taller male’s shoulder. “You used to do it without any worry before. What changed all that now?” Wonshik flinched at the reminder, heart aching and sinking to the pit of his stomach. The memory of Taekwoon’s final call still fresh in his mind. 

Five months earlier
Wonshik grinned as he answered the call from the one he truly loves. “Woonie!” He chirped. “Wonshik-ah, I need to tell you something.” Taekwoon’s soft voice answered from the other line. Wonshik frowned at the tone of the elder. “Hyung, is there something wrong?” Wonshik softly asked, not wanting to dampen the older male’s mood any further. Taekwoon sighed from the other line, giving Wonshik a rush of concern and worry for the older male. “Wonshik, you know that I love you right?” Wonshik smiled and relaxed a bit at that. “I know, hyung. I love you too.” 

Taekwoon smiled sadly as he played with the necklace Wonshik gave him on their final night together. “Wonshik-ah….” Taekwoon started, feeling the tears comeback to his eyes once again. “Shikkie, I think we need a break. No, we need to stop seeing each other. We shouldn’t see each other. You’re tied down to Hakyeon, a-and I can’t take you away from her.” Taekwoon said, tears rolling down his face.

The line went silent for a good 15 minutes; the silence broken by Wonshik’s shaky breath. Like Taekwoon, Wonshik was crying his eyes out as well. “H-hyung, please tell me you’re not serious.” Wonshik pleaded softly. “I wish I was, Shikkie. I really do love you, but not like this. Not while you’re still married to your wife of five years.” Taekwoon responded, voice cracking. Wonshik bit his knuckle and released a pained sob. “I wish I met you first, Taekwoon-ah.” Wonshik admitted. Taekwoon released a fond chuckle, the chuckle being softer than usual due to the pain in his chest. “I guess this makes the both of us, huh?” Wonshik smiled a bit at that. “Wonshik-ah, please do me a favor? When you come to the right decision, please call me up.” Taekwoon said before hanging up. Wonshik felt his whole world crumbling at the final minutes of hearing the man he truly loves speak. 
Wonshik laid in his bed after the call. Eyes lingering on his phone screen; as if Taekwoon would suddenly call back, saying that he wants Wonshik back. Wonshik shook his head, rolling over to hide his face in pillow, crying his heart out once again; his cries muffled by the pillows underneath him.

 

Present
Hongbin hugged Wonshik, eyes wet from the tears he shed as Wonshik told him everything; from the day Wonshik met Taekwoon to the last few minutes between the two. “Wow. I never really expected you to find the one you truly love. I’m sorry hyung, I thought Hakyeon noona was the right one for you all this time.” Hongbin murmurred in Wonshik’s hair. Wonshik sighed shakily and gripped the front of Hongbin’s shirt in response. “I don’t know what to do, Binnie. I love Taekwoonie hyung, but I also love Hakyeonnie noona.” Wonshik said. Hongbin froze a bit. “Wonshik, are you sure about your feelings for Hakyeon noona?” Hongbin asked carefully. Wonshik looked up, expression uncertain. “Hyung, remember that not all married people made the right decision to marry.” Hongbin said softly, not wanting to anger Wonshik. The slightly older male bit his bottom lip before shaking his head. “To be completely honest, I thought I love Hakyeonnie. I really did, until she introduced me to her best friend and co-worker.” Wonshik admitted, hanging his head down in shame. “And that co-worker happened to be Taekwoon hyung?” Wonshik nodded. Hongbin sighed, hugging the larger male closer. “Oh, Wonshik. How to help you in this kind of situation?” Hongbin asked rhetorically. “Maybe Jaehwannie noona can help you.” Hongbin suggested. Wonshik’s head shot up at the name of his wife’s step-sister’s name. “Are you crazy?! She might really murder me! Remember the last time I had an argument with Hakyeon noona?!” Wonshik shrieked, momentarily forgetting that they were in Hongbin’s office; the door to Hongbin’s office opened. Hongbin shushed his best friend, clamping a hand over Wonshik’s mouth and face panicked. “You moron! Keep your voice down!” Hongbin hissed, reminding Wonshik of where they were. Wonshik’s eyes widened for a moment before relaxing. “Sorry, Bin. It’s just….why?!” Wonshik demanded—whined. Hongbin rolled his eyes. “Well for one, Jaehwan noona knows Taekwoon hyung. And two, Taekwoon hyung might have already told her about this.” Hongbin said with a serious expression. Wonshik’s face twisted in horror. “Don’t worry. If she does know about it, she has low chances of telling Hakyeon noona since your wife is on a business trip.” Hongbin said proudly. Wonshik sighed and relucantly nodded. “Alright, when do I talk to Jaehwan noona?” Hongbin grinned. “As your best friend and soon to be brother-in-law, Jaehwan noona is in her studio at this time. If you get there in ten, she’ll still be on her break. So, I suggest you get your out of my office and start running five blocks from here.” Wonshik immediately shot up from the couch and did as told, leaving Hongbin to shake his head.


Once Wonshik arrived at Jaehwan’s studio, his whole body was shaking nervously. “I hope that bean of a best friend is right about his assumptions.” Wonshik mumbled before entering the spacious studio. 
Wonshik’s heart stopped, jaw dropping to the floor at the sight in front of him: Hakyeon, Taekwoon and Jaehwan in a small circle; the three older people laughing about something. “WONSHIK-AH!” Jaehwan greeted brightly once she made eye contact with the younger male. Hakyeon and Taekwoon’s head snapped up, Hakyeon grinning excitedly at her husband and Taekwoon’s smile dropping. Wonshik stood frozen, eyes darting to Jaehwan then to his wife before landing at Taekwoon. “Yah, close your mouth. I don’t want spit all over my precious floor.” Jaehwan nagged as she dragged the taller male to their circle, seating Wonshik in between Hakyeon and Taekwoon. Wonshik gulped a bit as he felt the eyes of his wife and former secret lover on him. “Shik-ah, I’m sorry.” Hakyeon’s soft voice rang in Wonshik’s ear, followed by the older girl resting her head on Wonshik’s shoulder. Wonshik smiled a bit at his wife, arm automatically wrapping around Hakyeon’s small waist. “No, I’m sorry.” For cheating on you with your best friend, who is seated on my other side. “For forgetting that you were supposed yo arrive today.” Wonshik mentally cursed himself for failing to inform Hongbin about this and himself for thinking about Taekwoon when his wife was right there. Hakyeon smiled and nuzzled her husband’s neck in reply. “Alright, enough with the sap. Let’s get back on our topic before Wonshik decided to pop out of nowhere.” Jaehwan said with a smile. Taekwoon hummed in agreement, pulling his legs to his chest as he focused on Jaehwan chatting away and ignoring Hakyeon and Wonshik’s not so subtle flirting. You were an idiot to believe all his lies, Jung Taekwoon. Why would he love you just as much as you love him when he’s happily married to the most beautiful woman in Seoul, Korea? Taekwoon scolded himself as he found himself eyeing Wonshik. “TAEKWOON OPPA! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!” Jaehwan whined, stomping her feet childishly with a pout. Taekwoon’s attention snapped back to the pouting female, cringing at the all too cute pout. “What was that? Sorry I was just—“ “Busy eyeing Hakyeon unnie. Yes I get that you wish you were as pretty as her, but come on! We all know that I’m prettier! Right, Wonshikkie?!” Jaehwan said with a whine. Wonshik’s eye twitched. “Noona, as much as I do not want Hongbin murdering me for insulting his fiancée, you are just plain greasy.” Wonshik deadpanned, making Hakyeon and Taekwoon laugh at his witty reply. Jaewhan pouted, sitting down on a shocked Taekwoon’s lap and whined. “Oppa!!!!! Wonshikkie is being mean to me!” Taekwoon chuckled and gently knocked her head with his hand. “Don’t complain to me, Jaehwan. I’m not your fiancè.” Taekwoon sofly replied with a fond smile. Jaehwan gave him a sour expression before moving onto Wonshik’s lap. “HAKYEON UNNIE!!!! YOUR GOOD FOR NOTHING HUSBAND IS HARASSING ME VERBALLY AGAIN!!!” Hakyeon laughed louder at her sister, while Wonshik tensed up a bit. Relax, Wonshik. Jaehwan meant it as a harmless joke. Wonshik reminded himself before gently pushing off his best friend’s wife-to-be. “YAH! YOU ARE SUCH AN ABUSIVE !” Jaehwan screeched. Wonshik playfully glared at Jaehwan, while Hakyeon gave up and died on the floor. “Hakyeon noona, Taekwoon hyung let’s leave her.” Wonshik suggested, pulling the two up gently. Taekwoon blushed as Wonshik’s larger hand held his. “Yah, Taekwoonie! Why are you so red?” Hakyeon asked, face ready to turn into a sly one. “Is it because of my strong husband’s hand holding yours?” Hakyeon started. Taekwoon turned red as a tomato at the comment, his mind starting to whirl. “Noona, don’t be so mean to Taekwoon hyung!” Wonshik playfully scolded his wife. Taekwoon’s heart tugged hard at Wonshik’s words. Shaking his head, Taekwoon gently pulled his hand away from Wonshik, eyes never meeting the slightly taller male’s as he spoke. “Hakyeon-ah, Wonshik-ah I need to go. I just remembered that Sanghyuk is coming over at my place to stay.” Wonshik felt the familiar feeling of jealousy boil in him. KIM WONSHIK! You do not get jealous over Taekwoon seeing another man or woman when he is not yours to begin with! Be jealous if Hakyeon says that! Wonshik mentally scolded himself once more. Hakyeon pouted, arm reaching out to hug Taekwoon’s. “Aww! Already?! Don’t you want to invite your “baby girl” over at mine and Wonshik’s? Its been a long time since I last saw that brat if yours!” Wonshik started to feel light headed. Taekwoon glared hard at Hakyeon, making the slightly older girl giggle. “Sanghyuk is not my brat. She’s just A BRAT.” Taekwoon sassed, much to Wonshik’s amusement and Hakyeon’s joy. Hakyeon grinned and nodded. “Uh-huh. Sure she isn’t. Admit it, Taekwoonie! YOU LIKE HAN SANGHYUK!” Taekwoon gave the shorter girl an irritated glare before yanking his arm away. “Idiot. You know very well that I like guys.” Taekwoon grumbled with a faint blush spreading across his cheeks.” Hakyeon smiled softly at that. “I know, Woon-ah, I know. I just wish I could hook you up with someone close to your ideal type.” Hakyeon said, leaning her head against Wonshik’s shoulder. Wonshik shot Taekwoon a questioning look, which was returned with Taekwoon mouthing “You.” Wonshik blushed at that, turning his face away in a way that he looks like staring at the view from the window. JUNG TAEKWOON! What did you just do?! Although you did manage to make him blush….that’s a sign he still loves you, right? Taekwoon wondered to himself. “Seriously, I need to go now.” Taekwoon said beforr leaving without another word. Hakyeon and Wonshik watched Taekwoon leave, Wonshik internally cursing himself for not using this a chance to talk to the older male and Hakyeon still grinning.

 


Weeks later
Hakyeon glared hard at her husband, eyes sharp and not their usual kind of playful and friendly. “How long were you two doing this behind my back?! Wonshik, I trusted you!” She screamed, tears threatening to fall. “And you,” she said with poison in her tone as she turned to jab and glare at Taekwoon. “I trusted you the most! YOU were supposed to be my best friend for sake! How could you do this to me, Taekwoon?!” She said exasperatedly. Taekwoon kept his line of sight at the ground, not wanting to look at Hakyeon nor Wonshik at the moment. “Noona, please. Don’t bring him into this, because its all my fault!” Wonshik defended Taekwoon, pulling the shaking male into his arms. “Noona, I’m sorry. I was going to tell you, but it seems like you found out first.” Wonshik said, expression hard and unwavering. Hakyeon broke down, her legs giving up on her as she hugged her knees to her chest. “Why? Was I not enough for you? Was I not enough for you to the point that you went behind my back and ed my best friend?!” Hakyeon demanded. Wonshik and Taekwoon flinched at her tone, but Wonshik stayed firm. “Noona, I loved you. So much it pained me when you kept going on your business trips, working over-time, or even choosing to meet with your friends rather than spending time with me. Noona, when you left me for almost two years for your business trip, I cried every night thinking of you and the possibility of you falling out of love with me. And when I finally broke, Taekwoon hyung was the one who comforted me. He gave me the love I longed for from you. He gave me the love I should have been receiving from you in our marriage!” Wonshik said, voice pained and tears streaming down his face. “Hakyeon, you have no clue how much Wonshik was hurting. I personally did not want to become a home-wrecker, but Wonshik….he…he’s not the one at fault. Its you and me. You’re at fault because you failed to notice your husband’s suffering, and me because I fell in love with him.” Taekwoon spoke up after gathering all his courage. “And I told him to call me when he made the right decision.” Taekwoon finished, hand gripping Wonshik’s. Wonshik smiled down at the older male, thumb caressing the back of Taekwoon’s hand. Hakyeon looked at the two of them, betrayal in her expression. “So, what now? You’re going to divorce me?” Hakyeon spat bitterly. Wonshik sighed, giving Taekwoon’s hand a final squeeze before going to his wife. “Noona.” Wonshik said as he hugged the smaller girl. “I love you, but I love Taekwoon hyung more. I’m sorry.” He said before releasing her to go back to Taekwoon’s side. Taekwoon smiled softly at Wonshik before turning his head to Hakyeon. “The three of us are at fault here, but I think this all would have never happened if you cared more for Wonshik. I’m sorry, Hakyeon but looks like Wonshik chose someone who would love and care for him over you.” Taekwoon said coldly before leaving the two. Wonshik watched Taekwoon walk his way out, heart racing in anticipation for what will happen. Hakyeon wiped the tears from her face, standing up with the help of their nearby couch. “I’m sorry it came to this.” Hakyeon softly said. Wonshik sighed, clenching his fist to his sides. “Taekwoon’s right, you’re better off with him.” Hakyeon said with a bitter smile. “Noona…” Hakyeon shook her head. “No, Wonshik. I’ll let you go. Thank you for the memories.” She softly said as she took off her ring. “Give this ring to him when you both are ready.” Wonshik nodded, letting Hakyeon take his hand to place the ring in. “I’m sorry for being a horrible wife.” She said, closing Wonshik’s fingers over the ring on the outstretched palm. 

 

 

 

Years later
Taekwoon giggled as he hugged his son to his chest. “Umma! I missed you!” The five year old boy said. Taekwoon smiled and kissed the top of his son’s head. “But you were just gone for one day, Wonjoo-yah!” Taekwoon softly said. Wonjoo pouted, making him look more like his father. “But still! Appa was soooooo boring the whole time we were at Lotte World!” Wonjoo whined. “Yah, Kim Wonjoo! I heard that!” Wonshik grunted from the front door, whimpering when their maknae, Woonjoo, smacked his face with her plushie. Woonjoo giggled at her father’s expression before repeating it. Taekwoon looked up and smiled warmly at his mini-me and his husband of 3 years. “Welcome home, boring appa.” Taekwoon teased, walking over to his husband and daughter with Wonjoo in his arms. Wonshik pouted, smiling when Taekwoon kissed it away. “Hello, equally boring umma.” Wonshik responed with sass. Taekwoon playfully scowled at the younger, making their two children giggle. “Umma, Appa, you two look like Aunty Jaehwan and Uncle Hongbin when they fight!” Wonjoo commented. Woonjoo nodded, clapping her hands. The parents looked at their mirror images, smiling and laughing. “Alright, we get that you four missed each other but could you two please move out of the way?!” Hakyeon nagged, hand on her lower back and her other hand resting on her protruding belly. The couple chuckled before doing so, letting their very pregnant best friend in. “I swear, I will really cook you two for dinner once this final child is out. I am so done carrying for you two.” The eldest said with a sour expression. Wonshik and Taekwoon smiled sheepishly, while their kids reached out to Hakyeon. Hakyeon smiled and happily took Woonjoo and Wonjoo in her arms with ease. “And as for you two, you will have to help me around tomorrow. Okay?” The siblings nodded happily before snuggling up to their surrogate mother and Aunt. 

“Hakyeon noona?” Wonshik whispered, not wanting to wake his wife and children up. Hakyeon looked up from her spot, squished between the two children and Taekwoon. “What? Can’t you see I’m trying so hard not to wake the cat and his two kittens?” Hakyeon playfully sneered at the younger. Wonshik snorted softly and smiled. “I just want to thank you for being okay with all of this.” Hakyeon smiled and nodded. “I would have reached out a hand to pat your head, but your larger cat is clinging onto my arm and your kittens are passed out in my other.” Hakyeon said sheepishly. Wonshik chuckled softly, reaching out his arms to take his sleeping children in his arms. “Better? I’ll just bring these two puppy-like kittens to their room. Make yourself comfortable on our bed, I’ll sleep inbetween these two for the night.” Wonshik said before leaving Hakyeon.


“KIM WONSHIK, HOW DARE YOU NOT WAKE ME UP IN TIME TO GET THE KIDS READY?! POOR HAKYEONNIE HAD TO DO EVERYTHING BY HERSELF WHEN SHE’S A MONTH CLOSE TO POPPING!” Taekwoon screamed for the first time in front of his best friend. Hakyeon’s eyes widened with amusement as she watched her usually silent and composed Taekwoon attack Wonshik with the pillows and blankets they used the previous night. “NOONA TOLD ME NOT TO! SHE GLARED AT ME, HONEY, G L A R E D. DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TERRIFYING HER GLARES ARE?!” Wonshik wailed pathetically. Taekwoon snarled, smothering his husband with pillows. “YAH! YAH! YAH! DON’T KILL THE ONLY FATHER OF WONJOO, WOONJOO, AND MAKNAE KITTEN!!” Hakyeon screamed, throwing a pillow at Taekwoon’s head. The two eventually stopped, Taekwoon whining like the cat he is, rubbing his head irritatedly at the spot where the pillow hit him; Wonshik blinking up at Hakyeon stupidly. “Do you two seriously have to bicker every single time I ask Wonshik not to wake you up, and vice-versa?” Hakyeon grumbled as she played a game on her phone. The couple looked at her before smiling at each other. “Yes.” Hakyeon rolled her eyes at the two saps, smiling at how perfect the two looked together. “Definitely the best couple.” She told herself.

 

 

A year after Wonshik and Hakyeon’s divorce
Wonshik sighed, not knowing what to do now since he and Hakyeon are no longer together and Taekwoon is still avoiding him. “What did I do wrong?” He mumbled. “You ended a fairytale-like marriage life.” Taekwoon said, making Wonshik jump and fall off the bench he sat on. Taekwoon smiled in amusement, taking a seat where Wonshik was previously on. “I’m just kidding. You did nothing wrong, actually. Its just how the things are after something like this happens. You have to let it cool off first before you make your move.” Taekwoon said as he scooted over for Wonshik. Wonshik looked at him quizzicaly. “What do you mean, hyung?” Taekwoon smiled and shook his head. “I mean, you just need to organize your thoughts and feelings first, Wonshik-ah. Yes, you made a decision to leave Hakyeon and be with me, but you need to know that you might have made that decision in the heat of the moment.” Taekwoon said. Wonshik nodded slowly, absorbing the information Taekwoon gave him. Taekwoon chuckled and ruffled the younger male’s hair fondly. “I’m not taking you back yet, but I might if you still want me.” Taekwoon then stood up. “When you finally have your thoughts and emotions organized, meet me here in five months. We’ll decide on what to do from there.” Taekwoon said, leaning down to kiss Wonshik softly. “I love you.” The older male said before leaving Wonshik. 
After what it seemed to be hours on the bench, Wonshik finally started to function once more as he fished his phone out of his pocket and dialed a very familiar number. “Noona, can we meet?”


Wonshik smiled, standing up from his seat at the café he and his noona decided to meet at. “What’s with the sudden meet-up? I thought you were happy with Taekwoon?” Hakyeon softly asked, a confused expression on her face as Wonshik helped her out of her coat. Wonshik smiled broadly and guided Hakyeon to her chair before taking a seat in front of her. “Noona, I am. But there’s just this one tiny information……Taekwoon hyung and I aren’t together.” Hakyeon’s eyes widened. “Say what now?” “Taekwoon hyung told me about organizing my mind and feelings first, and that five months from now he and I are to meet at the park bench to make the final decision.” Hakyeon nodded, brows furrowing. “Okay, so why am I here?” Wonshik grinned that grin Hakyeon hates more than anything. “Kim Wonshik, don’t tell me you already made up your mind and that you are going to propose to him.” Hakyeon deadpanned. Wonshik kept grinning so wide, Hakyeon became worried of that being the younger’s permanent expression. 

 

Five months later on the same year
Hakyeon whined as she tugged her sister along. “Jaehwan-ah, please? You know how awkward it is for me to be around Taekwoon.” Hakyeon pleaded, cursing her ex-husband and now best friend mentally. “Unnie, you know that you are the awkward one here. Just leave it in the past already! You and Wonshik became best friends in an instant after all that, so why can’t you and Taekwoon oppa do the same?!” Jaehwan whined, desperately trying to yank her wrist out of Hakyeon’s death grip. Hakyeon whined and stomped her foot childishly. “JAAAAAEEEEEEHWAAAAAAAAN!” Jaehwan cringed. “FINE! FINE! SHEESH MUST YOU ACT LIKE A CHILD?!” Jaehwan grumbled, dragging her older sister towards Taekwoon’s office, avoiding the stares of some employees at them. Hakyeon grinned the whole way, ignoring the scandalized whispers of the employees who happened to be listening on their conversation and saw her tiny outburst.
“HAKYEON?!” Taekwoon nearly screamed on top of his lungs as Hakyeon appeared by his window. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” Taekwoon panicked, running to his door to let the slightly older girl in his office before locking it and closing all the blinds. Hakyeon stared at Taekwoon with wide eyes, slightly terrified and disturbed at the taller man’s reaction. “Hi?” She said once Taekwoon calmed down a bit. Taekwoon glared at her, corner of his lips curling into a snarl. “Must you really come at this time, when my rival is going to be here in ten minutes?!” Hakyeon smiled amusedly at Taekwoon’s panicked expression. “What’s wrong with me being here? You never minded that before.” Taekwoon sighed exasperatedly. “Hakyeon, why?” Taekwoon said, giving up without even trying to do anything to get the forever persistent Hakyeon out of his office. Hakyeon smiled a bit awkwardly before sitting herself in front of Taekwoon’s desk. “Wonshiked asked to meet up with me five months ago at a café he and I met.” Taekwoon tensed. “Don’t worry, he just wanted some advice on how to deal with whatever agreement you two have.” Hakyeon assured, seeing Taekwoon’s tensed eyes. Taekwoon relaxed a bit before tensing again. “What else did he tell you?” Hakyeon grinned, much like how Wonshik grinned at her. “I’ll tell you, but only if you promise to stop playing hard to get with Wonshik already. You both can have each other.” She said. Taekwoon nodded, feeling guilty once again. Hakyeon rolled her eyes before flicking Taekwoon on the forehead. “OW! WHY?!” Taekwoon whined, rubbing his red forehead. “Stop feeling guilty. It’s all in the past. Now, Wonshik wants…..” Taekwoon widened his eyes as Hakyeon’s grin grew while she told him everything she and Wonshik talked about.

Wonshik nervously played with a small velvet box in his hand, Taekwoon’s favorite flowers on his other hand, as he waited for Jaehwan and Hakyeon to arrive with Taekwoon. “Oppa, you really have to losen up.” Sanghyuk, Taekwoon’s cousin, sassed. Wonshik glared. “Shut it, brat. Just make sure you remember how to lead him to me.” Wonshik nervously reminded her. Sanghyuk’s snarky expression softened. “Don’t worry, oppa. I’m not like Binglebongle.” “YAH! QUIT CALLING ME WEIRD NAMES, YOU FEMALE GIANT!” Hongbin yelled from the bottom hill. Sanghyuk jumped in surprise. “HOW THE HECK COULD YOU HEAR ME FROM THERE?!” “NOW I CAN. BUT AWHILE AGO, I CAN TELL FROM WON’S FAILURE TO KEEP HIS LAUGHTER IN. I KNOW IF YOU CALLED ME ANOTHER WEIRD NAME BY TY’S EXPRESSION, YOU .” Wonshik gave up and laughed. He really has to treat these two goofballs as thanks for easing his nerves.

“WHY AM I BLINDFOLDED?! YAH, YOU TWO KNOW I DO NOT SWING THAT WAY AND I DO NOT LIKE THESE STUFF!” Taekwoon yelled, heart pounding with the sudden treatment of the two girls. “Oh, shush. This is all Wonshik’s idea.” Jaehwan snapped, yanking the poor man down the last flight of stairs. “Goddammit, Jae! Could you not be any less careful?” Taekwoon hissed as he nearly slipped. Hakyeon whined as Taekwoon’s hand accidentaly collided with her face. “Taekwoon, could you not be any more clumsier than you already are? I’m about to get bruises and black eyes from your hand hitting me!” Hakyeon sassed. “Sorry, Yeon.” The sisters rolled their eyes at the giant cat, dragging him into an open area where Wonshik is hiding, along with Hongbin and Sanghyuk. “Stay still and do not, I repeat DO NOT open your eyes until you hear a bell chime twice. When you do, start walking to your left.” Hakyeon instructed as she took of Taekwoon’s blindfold. Hakyeon and Jaehwan quickly rushed to their assigned spots before Wonshik chimed a small bell twice. Taekwoon opened his eyes, marvelling a bit at the wonderful open field before walking to his left, just as Hakyeon instructed him to. 
Once Taekwoon stopped at the sight of Hongbin, he raised a brow. “Are you waiting for Jaehwan?” Hongbin shook his head and gave him a dimpled smile, a single pink rose and a note card in one hand. “Then who’s th—“ Taekwoon cut himself off when Hongbin handed him the rose and read the note card. “I need you, hyung. Why am I the only one loving; why are you the only one saying farewell?” Taekwoon tilted his head. Hongbin grinned before turning Taekwoon to a certain direction. “From here, go straight.” Hongbin instructed, handing Taekwoon the note. Taekwoon, confused as ever, followed Hongbin’s direction. He came to a stop once more when Hakyeon popped out from the bushes she hid in. “You’re so beautiful. You’re so cold.” Hakyeon read the note, handing the white rose to Taekwoon, as well as the note. “From here, walk to the right.” She said before gently pushing him towards the direction. Taekwoon bliked rapidly, brain trying to analyze the notes and the event that is happening to him as he walked towards the direction. Jaehwan grinned as she yanked Taekwoon backwards, the taller man yelping in surprise. “I need you, hyung.” She read the note before handing both the note and a blue rose to Taekwoon. “Keep going straight until you reach the flower arch.” She instructed. Taekwoon nodded, smiling a bit as he slowly put the piece together in his brain. “Oppa!” Sanghyuk called out, waving her arm excitedly at her cousin. Taekwoon grinned, jogging towards her. “Stay there.” Sanghyuk said before walking nearer to her cousin. “Close your eyes, and no peeking.” Taekwoon did as told. 
“Okay, you can open them now.” She said five minutes later. Taekwoon gasped as Hongbin, Hakyeon, Jaehwan and Sanghyk formed a line facing him while holding placards saying “Jung Taekwoon Will You” Taekwoon’s eyes shimmered with tears of joy, breath hitching when Wonshik appeared with the last placard, bigger than the other four, and with a boquet of his favorite flowers in hand. “Marry Me?” Wonshik asked, kneeling down in front of Taekwoon. Taekwoon covered his mouth to muffle a sob, watery eyes darting to the other four. The four friends nodded all to eagerly, especially Hakyeon. Taekwoon looked back at Wonshik, finally letting his tears free as he nodded. “Yes! YES, KIM WONSHIK, YES!” Taekwoon squealed, hugging Wonshik as the taller male stood up. Wonshik smiled happily, heart fluttering in his chest as he picked his now fiancé up and twirled them around. “I love you, Jung Taekwoon. I need you more than anything and anyone.” Wonshik sweetly whispered against Taekwoon’s lips. Taekwoon smiled, fresh tears rolling down his face. “OPPA, THE RING!” Sanghyuk reminded, tossing Wonshik the velvet box. Wonshik caught it after gently placing Taekwoon back on his feet. Taekwoon smiled shyly as Wonshik slid the ring on his finger, heart besting faster than normal as he realized that his dreams and fluffy fantasy is coming true. “LET’S CELEBRATE!” Hakyeon screamed happily as she and Hongbin brought out the congratulatory cake, while Jaehwan and Sanghyuk popped the confetti. Wonshik and Taekwoon smiled at each other before hugging their friends.

 

 

 

Present

Taekwoon and Wonshik smiled at the memory, hearts forever thankful for friends like those four and their whole being forever grateful for a best friend like Hakyeon, who forgave the two in an instant. “Wonshik?” Taekwoon softly said, looking up at his husband from his position on Wonshik’s chest. Wonshik hummed, smiling down at Taekwoon. “I love you.” The wife said, cheeks turning pink. Wonshik chuckled at Taekwoon’s cuteness, leaning down to capture the elder’s lips in a sweet kiss. 

The sweet kiss soon turned into a passionate one as Taekwoon allowed access for Wonshik’s tongue, the wife’s fingers tangled with Wonshik’s dark hair and the husband’s hands on Taekwoon’s feminine waist. “Wonshik, I need you.” Taekwoon whimpered, sending jolts down Wonshik’s spine and a flutter to Wonshik’s heart. Wonshik smiled and kissed his wife once more before taking the older male for the nth time.

 

 

 

 

 

What started out as a fling behind Hakyeon’s back became something more than that. Now, Wonshik and Taekwoon are freely expressing their love for one another as a married couple with two children and one on the way with Hakyeon as their surrogate mother and forever supportive best friend. 
Who knew that those secret nights between Wonshik and Taekwoon became a reason for the two to learn more about each other, fall for one another, and need each other?