Shot 32

VIXX One-shot Collection Vol. 1

July 5, 1995

Hakyeon smiled as she held her only son, cooing and kissing the infant’s cheeks softly. “Congratulations, Ms. Cha!” The midwife softly said with a smile. Hakyeon smiled back and nodded. “Thank you, Joohyun-ssi!” Joohyun smiled softly before showing the forms to be filled out. “The doctor said that you may fill the form out tomorrow morning or before you leave the hospital.” Hakyeon nodded and thanked the slightly younger girl. “You may go now, Joohyun-ssi.” Joohyun nodded before leaving the mother and son alone.

“Such a precious one you are.” Hakyeon whispered as she fed her son. “Sanghyukkie. Cha Sanghyuk.” She whispered, love and affection in her brown orbs.

 

Two hours later

Hakyeon smiled as her best friends walked through the door. “Hey, mommy Cha!” Jaehwan greeted softly, not wanting to wake the baby in Hakyeon’s arms. “Hey, Jaehwannie!” Hakyeon softly greeted. “He’s beautiful, Hakyeon-ah.” Taekwoon noted as Sanghyuk squirmed a bit in his mother’s arms, still asleep. Hakyeon chuckled and nodded. “Did the bastard visit?” Wonshik asked protectively. Hakyeon chuckled and shook her head. “I asked the doctors and nurses to not allow him access here.” The three smiled and nodded, hugging Hakyeon gently, mindful of the infant in her arms. “I heard you and Taekwoonie are getting married soon.” Hakyeon said with a smile. Jaehwan blushed while Taekwoon gently took the younger girl’s hand in his. “We decided to set the date next year. That way Sanghyukkie can come with you without any problem!” Jaehwan said with a smile. Hakyeon smilef back and nodded. “Did you think of that or did Taekwoon force that thought into you?” Taekwoon sneered before ruffling Hakyeon’s hair. “Silly Hakyeon.” Taekwoon said. Hakyeon rolled her eyes before cooing at her son. “Hi, baby!” Hakyeon softly greeted as Sanghyuk opened his eyed. Sanghyuk blinked a bit before reaching up to grab his mother’s nose. The four cooed at the infant, causing Sanghyuk to blink again. “He’s so cute!” Wonshik softly squealed. Hakyeon laughed at her, shaking her head at the maknae. “Leave it to Wonshik for the ultimate fangirling over cute stuff.” Hakyeon said. Wonshik pouted before gently holding Sanghyuk when Hakyeon gave him to her. “Hi, Hyukkie! I’m Aunty Wonshik and I am going to spoil you rotten!” Wonshik cooed and giggled once Sanghyuk grabbed her nose. “Aww! He likes me!” Hakyeon giggled and nodded, reaching out to gently her son’s cheek with her fingers. “Sanghyuk will grow up to be a very handsome and loving man.” Taekwoon said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

July 5, 2015

True to Taekwoon’s words, Hakyeon was close to tears as she stared at her now 20 year old son. “Wow, baby! You look so handsome and mature!” Hakyeon said as she hugged Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk chuckled and kissed the top of his mother’s head and hugged her closer. “Umma, you’re going to flood the mall again.” Sanghyuk joked, pulling away slightly to wipe his mother’s tears. “Aigoo, you’re such a wonderful son!” Hakyeon cooed. Sanghyuk smiled brightly before taking her hands in his. “Let’s go and pay for these. Uncle Taekwoon and Aunty Jaehwan might be waiting for us already.” Hakyeon nodded, tugging her son with her to the counter.

 

Sanghyuk had to keep an arm around his slightly feral mother as they stood in line, for almost all the wonen in line eyed him as if he was a piece of meat. “Umma, calm down.” Sanghyuk whispered into his mother’s ear. Hakyeon sneered before huffing. Sanghyuk chuckled at how cute his mother is being. “Ma’am?” The cashier sneered at Hakyeon once she and Sanghyuk approached. Hakyeon blushed a bit before handing the clothes she and Sanghyuk picked out. The cashier rolled her eyes, rudely grabbing the clothes from Hakyeon before scanning them. Sanghyuk noticed this and felt his blood boil. “Excuse me, is that how you treat a customer?” Sanghyuk asked, laying a hand on Hakyeon’s shaking shoulder. The cashier looked up with wide eyes, swooning a bit at how close the handsome young male was. Sanghyuk rolled his eyes before gently pushing his mother out of the line and towards the entrance. “Sir?  You and your cougar left these!” One if the male cashiers shouted, causing scandalized whispers to errupt behind them. Sanghyuk froze, his expression hardening. “What did you say?” Sanghyuk demanded as he stormed back to the male cashier’s post. Hakyeon gasped, running after her son to stop him. “Hyuk, no.” Hakyeon pleaded, not wanting a scene to be created. Sanghyuk ignored his mother’s plead and grabbed the smirking cashier’s collar. “She is not a cougar, nor will she ever be. She is my mother. Get your facts right and treat your customers with respect.” Sanghyuk spat before taking his mother’s hand in his and walked out of the store.

 

 

Once they got into the car, Hakyeon and Sanghyuk sat in a slightly tense atmosphere. “Umma, I’m sorry.” Sanghyuk softly said, hugging his mother. Hakyeon smiled and kissed her son’s cheek. “Just ignore those people next time, okay?” Sanghyuk smiled and nodded, kissing Hakyeon’s cheek before starting the car.

 

 

 

Five hours later

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SANGHYUKKIE!” Jaehwan screamed as she hugged her nephew. Sanghyuk chuckled and hugged Jaehwan back. “Happy birthday, Sanghyuk-ah.” Taekwoon greeted as he held a child in his arms. Sanghyuk thanked the two of them before cooing at the toddler. “Sanghyukkie hyung!” The little boy said, latching onto Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk chuckled, holding the hyper child in his arms. “Jinwoonie! How are you?” Jinwoon giggled. “I’m happy! Eunji noona is coming home today!” Sanghyuk grinned and nodded. “This is nice and all, but can I come in? It’s freezing out here!” Hakyeon nagged. Sanghyuk chuckled and stepped aside for his mother to enter the warm house. “UNNIE!” Two women screamed, latching themselves at the much smaller woman. Hakyeon squeaked, wrapping her arms around Wonshik and Jaehwan. “YAH! I’M GETTING TOO OLD FOR THIS!” All the adults present laughed at their forever witty Cha Hakyeon. “Noona!” Hongbin, Wonshik’s husband, called out. Hakyeon squealed, pushing the two girls off of her before attacking Hongbin. “BEANBAG! HOW ARE YOU!” Hongbin chuckled and hugged Hakyeon. “I’m fine! Wonshik noona is driving me nuts as always.” Wonshik sneered before hitting the younger’s chest. “Where are the kids?” Hongbin smiled as two of their five children came running in. “There.” Wonshik smiled as she caught her two maknaes, Namjoon and Namjoo. “You two are becoming too hyper!” Wonshik said as she hugged the twins. Namjoon giggled, his dimples showing, while Namjoo was full on smiley dimples. “Aigoo! They’re so cute!” Hakyeon cooed. “SANGHYUK HYUNG!” “SANGHYUKKIE OPPA!” The twins cheered as Sanghyuk neared, Jinwoon trailing behind. “Hi, guys!” Sanghyuk brightly greeted, sitting on the floor for the twins to hug him. Namjoon and Namjoo squealed as they hugged the person they missed the most. “Happy birthday!” The three kids cheered. “Gomawo!” Sanghyuk said.

 

 

Four hours later

“And tbe princess has arrived!” Sanghyuk teased as his best friend, Eunji, arrived in the living room. Eunji screamed, much like her mother, before tackling Sanghyuk to the ground. “HYOGI!” Sanghyuk chuckled and hugged Eunji happily. “How are you? You actually look like a human being now!” Eunji joked. Sanghyuk rolled his eyes before helping them both stand up. “And you’re still a child.” Sanghyuk countered, ruffling the tiny girl’s hair. Eunji glared before biting Sanghyuk’s wrist. “OUCH! UMMA!” Hakyeon rolled her eyes, along with Taekwoon. “Eunji-yah, I get that you’re forever hungry but please remember that this is cannibalism.” Sanghyuk dryly said. Eunji laughed before hugging Sanghyuk. “I missed you, oppa.” Sanghyuk smiled softly before kissing the top of Eunji’s head. “Missed you too, Eunnie.” Hakyeon bit Hongbin’s arm to muffle her squealing, while Jaehwan continuously smacked her husband’s arm. Both men whimpered in pain as the two women abused them. Wonshik laughed at her husband’s and Taekwoon’s current state. “Noona, help?” Hongbin pleaded. Wonshik shook her head before transferring to sit beside Hakyeon, hugging her best friend.

“Aigoo, at this rate its best if you two get married already!” Jaehwan said as they all had dinner. Wonshik and Hongbin’s three older children, Jonghyun, Jongdae and Jongin, all chuckled and shook their heads. “Eunji noona and Sanghyuk hyung are like umma and appa!” Jinwoon said. Eunji blushed, while Sanghyuk choked a bit on his water. “Jung Jinwoon!” Taekwoon softly scolded their maknae, whimpering in pain when his wife kicked his leg from under the table. “Jung Taekwoon!” Jaehwan imitated, only sending chills down her husband’s spine. The rest of the table chuckled and giggled at the couple’s antics, while Taekwoon flushed pink.

 

“Sanghyuk hyung, do you like Eunji noona?” Jongin asked once the boys separated from the others, after dinner. Sanghyuk smiled softly and nodded. “I do. Ever since I entered my Senior Year in High School, and her Junior year.” Sanghyuk confessed. The Kim Brothers grinned before hugging Sanghyuk. “Go tell her then! As far as I know, she likes you as well! But, don’t tell her that I told you! I still want to live.” Jonghyun said, causing Snaghyuk to chuckle. “I won’t tell her you told me.”

Unbeknownst to the boys, three grinning  mothers and a blushing Eunji were listening to the whole conversation. “See, baby? I told you he likes you back.” Jaehwan told her daughter, hugging Eunji. Eunji smiled and but her bottom lip. “Now, you don’t have to worry about anything because Aunty Yeonnie will make sure that Sanghyuk never hurts you! Although I doubt he will.” Eunji laughed softly before nodding. “Thank you, Aunty!” Hakyeon smiled and hugged the smaller girl. “Honey, call me Umma.” Eunji blushed redder than a tomato at that.

 

 

 

Five years later

“Ho—okay, Taek, calm do—oh for the love of pie.” Jaehwan grumbled, hugging her bawling husband to her chest. Taekwoon cried as Sanghyuk and Eunji sealed their promises with a kiss, while Hakyeon was busy taking pictures of the couple and Taekwoon crying. “That’s my boy!” Hakyeon said proudly, a happy smile on her face. “Unnie, which one? The one that just got married or the one crying his eyes out?” Wonshik joked. Taekwoon shot his head up to glare at the two women before going back to cry on Jaehwan’s still wonderful s.

 

 

At the reception

Sanghyuk chuckled as he hugged his now father-in-law. “Appa.” Taekwoon cried louder and harder, hugging Sanghyuk more. “I-I-I AM SO ING HAPPY!” Taekwoon wailed. Sanghyuk chuckled fondly while Eunji rolled her eyes. “Appa, crying so much in a day will be bad for you.” Eunji cooed as she rubbed her father’s back comfortingly. “I don’t care. Let me have my moment.” Taekwoon sassed, much to the whole table’s amusement. “Since when did Uncle Taekwoon get so sassy?” Namjoo said. “Uncle Taekwoon has always been sassy.” Takewoon sassed once more, wiping his tears of joy and slight pain away. “Come here, you big crybaby.” Eunji said as she hugged her father. Taekwoon smiled and kissed his daughter’s forehead. “I expect grandchildren by next year.” Eunji giggled while Sanghyuk looked away, causing everyone at the table to laugh. “We will, right oppa?” Eunji said, linking arms with Sanghyuk. The husband chuckled and kissed his wife softly. “Anything you want.” Eunji grinned while the ahjummas squealed. “AIGOO! MY HYOGI!” Hakyeon squealed, hugging poor Wonshik’s arm. “Unnie, you’re killing my arm.” Wonshik whined.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seven years later

Hakyeon smiled as she welcomed the extended family into her humble home. “Umma!” Sanghyuk said, hugging his mother. Hakyeon smiled and kissed her son’s cheek. “How have you been?” Eunji giggled and kissed her mother-in-law’s cheek. “Umma, you just saw us last week!” Hakyeon chuckled. “Can’t blame me! I missed you two and your little ones!” Hakyeon said before squealing happily when two children came running in. “MAMA!” The eldest child, Han Sunhwa, squealed happily. “Aigoo, my Sunhwa!” Hakyeon cooed as she picked the happy child up. “Mama, me too!” The maknae, Han Sunhee, said with a big smile. “Okay, okay.” Hakyeon said, picking Sunhee in her other arm. “Umma, are you alright?” Sanghyuk asked, coming behind his mother as Eunji went to the other side, as they both are on high alert incase Hakyeon or one of the kids falls. “Aigoo! Don’t worry about me and the kids! I got them!” Hakyeon chirped before walking over to sit on the couch. The couple chuckled and nodded, following the happy grandmother.

“How old is our little Sunhee?” Hakyeon asked once they all settled down. “I’m five years old, mama!” Sunhee brightly said with a grin that matched her father’s. Hakyeon chuckled, pinching the maknae’s cheek. “Big girl!” Sunhee nodded, while Sunhwa giggled. “We’re both big girls now, Mama!” Sunhwa said. Hakyeon nodded with a grin. “You are, aren’t you? Looks like your appa needs to buy two baseball bats then?” Sanghyuk groaned while Eunji giggled. “Umma, don’t remind oppa about that. We already have Taekwoon appa and Jaehwan umma going on about it.” Hakyeon laughed loudly and nodded. “Looks like these two beauties really need that.” Sanghyuk whined and hid his face in a pillow. “Umma!” Sanghyuk whined.

 

 

 

That night

Sanghyuk softly kissed Eunji’s cheek before smiling. “I’ll sleep beside umma.” Eunji giggled and nodded. “Make sure she doesn’t scream again like the last time.” Sanghyuk chuckled and nodded before going of to Hakyeon’s room.

 

“Umma?” Sanghyuk softly called out as he knocked on the door. “Hyogi?” Came Hakyeon’s softer voice. Sanghyuk smiled and slowly opened the door to poke his head in. Hakyeon sat up in her bed and smiled, beckoning her son to come in. “Sit beside your umma.” Sanghyuk smiled and did as told, hugging his mother once he sat beside her. “I miss you, umma.” Hakyeon cooed and kissed her son’s forehead, bringing Sanghyuk’s head to her shoulder as she gently his hair and rocked them back and forth. “I miss you too, baby.” Hakyeon said, feeling a lump in . “I miss this.” Sanghyuk said with a slight yawn, eyes slowly closing. Hakyeon smiled a bit before laying them down. “Sleep. You’ve done well, my child.” She cooed, hugging her son closer. “I love you, umma. Goodnight.” Sanghyuk sleepily mumbled before falling asleep. Hakyeon smiled with teary eyes, kissing Sanghyuk’s forehead one last time before closing her eyes as well. “I love you so much, my Hyukkie.” Hakyeon whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ten years later

Sanghyuk couldn’t help but kneel and cry on his folded arms over the closed casket. “Hyuk-ah, we have to go.” A soft voice said followed by a hand gently resting on Sanghyuk’s shoulder. “Plesse give me a few more minutes.” Jaehwan smiled sadly, wiping her tears away before nodding. “Alright, I’ll be with Taekwoon and the rest.” Sanghyuk nodded absentmindedly, heart and mind a bit numb from all the sadness and pain from the passing of the woman he loves the most.

 

“I can’t believe you’re gone.” Sanghyuk whispered in pain as he traced the engravings of the woman’s name. “Who will bother Sunhwa and Sunhee now?” Sanghyuk said with a pained smile. “I miss you already.” He said, more tears rolling down his eyes. “Umma, I really thought that you’d at least make it until Sunhwa’s graduation.” Sanghyuk choked out, gently running his fingers down the framed picture of Hakyeon. “You know, aside from me, Eunji and the girls cried the hardest when the results came out that you had a hole in your heart. I couldn’t believe that a woman like you got cursed with a suffering like that.” Sanghyuk continued, hugging the headstone. “Umma, please come back. I miss you.” Sanghyuk cried out, staying like that until he stopped crying.

 

 

“Appa?” Sunhwa and Sunhee softly called out, eyes red as their mother’s and Sanghyuk’s. Sanghyuk smiled sadly, standing from the position he was in before hugging his two girls. “Don’t worry, Mama will always be with us.” Sunhee said, kissing her father’s cheek. “Sunhee’s right, appa. She’s still with us because we have you. You remind us the most of Mama Hakyeon, and nothing can change that fact.” Sanghyuk felt like crying again at the sweet words his daughters told him, reminding him of his mother. “I also have a reminder of umma.” Sanghyuk said with a smile. “What?” The girls asked with smiles on their faces. “I have you two and your umma. The three of you remind me of my umma.” Sanghyuk said, turning them around towards Hakyeon’s grave. “Thank you, umma. We’ll visit you soon.” Sanghyuk said. “We’ll be back sooner than you’ll expect, umma.” Eunji said as she walked towards her family. “We love you so much, Mama Hakyeon!” The girls said.

 

The family soon left Hakyeon’s grave, not noticing Hakyeon’s white, glowing figure waving goodbye to them with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love you all, especially you my Sanghyukkie

 

I love you, umma.