Shot 22

VIXX One-shot Collection Vol. 1

Jaehwan smiled as he watched his wife waddle around, his eyes lingering on the round swell of the younger girl’s stomach. “Y-yah! Stop staring!” His wife’s soft voice rang. Jaehwan grinned at the smaller girl, making his way to her for a hug. “Sorry, Shikkie-yah. You just looked so adorable!” Jaehwan gushed, burying his face in his wife’s hair. The wife huffed in both amusement and annoyance. “It isn’t the first time I’m carrying your child, oppa.” She said with a brow raised. Jaehwan chuckled, leaning down to kiss her cheek. “I know. You still manage to amaze me with how you still manage to look so cute and pretty.” Wonshik blushed, hiding her face with her hair. “Oppa~!” She whined. “As much as I love to watch you cutiepies flirt, Hongbin is getting hyper and my husband is dying.” Taekwoon said from Jaehwan and Wonshik’s room doorway. The couple looked up and gave a sheepish smile. “Sorry, Taekwoon unnie.. I was just looking for Bin’s toy so Hakyeon oppa can use it to entertain Jaehwannie’s brat.” Wonshik said with a giggle. Taekwoon rolled her eyes at the two, a soft smile on her lips as she caught Jaehwan’s hand rubbing Wonshik’s bump affectionately. “CHA TAEKWOON! HURRY UP, BECAUSE HONGBINNIE IS ABOUT TO RIP MY HAIR OFF MY HEAD!” Hakyeon’s pained pleading echoed, followed by a two year old’s bubbly giggles. Taekwoon jumped a bit, clutching the door to her with an expression of a frightened cat. “I better go check on them and make sure my son didn’t actually rip off Hakyeon oppa’s hair.” Wonshik mumbled, smiling as she found Hongbin’s Chopper plushie before leaving her husband in their room and dragging Taekwoon with her.

Wonshik smiled as she watched her half-brother and sister-in-law play with her son. “Umma! Umma! Baby!” Hongbin squealed as he gently gave a pat on Taekwoon’s stomach. Wonshik’s eyes widened comically while Taekwoon laughed and affectionately sat Hongbin on her lap. “Unnie?! SINCE WHEN?!” Wonshik squealed happily, much like how Hakyeon did when Taekwoon dropped the flower bomb while Wonshik was looking for Hongbin’s plushie. Taekwoon grinned while Hakyeon looked like the proudest father. “Remember that one morning I called you up, complaining about having morning sickness and we passed it off as some stomach bug?” Wonshik nodded, eyes shimmering in excitement. “Well, that was also the same day Hakyeon dragged me to the hospital for a check up. You know, incase it might be something else; which turned out to be me beig pregnant with MY FIRST BABY! OH MY GOD, SHIKKIE!! I’M FINALLY GOING TO BE A MOM!” Taekwoon squealed excitedly, hugging Hongbin close to her. Hongbin giggled and clapped his hands happily. Hakyeon chuckled at his cute wife, while Wonshik squealed with Taekwoon. “I hear squealing! Did my best buddy do something cute again?” Jaehwan asked with a smile, head popped out from the door. “APPA!!! BABY!! BABY!” Hongbin excitedly said, running to his father. Jaehwan tilted his head. “You’re that excited for your baby sister, huh?” Jaehwan asked fondly, lifting his son into his arms. Hongbin nodded before shaking his head, then nodding once more. “AUNTY! BABY!!” Hongbin tried again, pouting since he can’t really say more than simple words. Jaehwan’s eyes widened and nearly dropped Hongbin if it wasn’t for his sanity still chained to his heart and Hongbin’s little hands fisted in his hair. “W-what?! NOONA?! WHAT?!” Taekwoon rolled her eyes before tossing an envelope at Jaehwan. Wonshik giggled, her longer fingers gently poking Taekwoon’s growing bump. “I hope you two get twins! One boy and one girl for our Hongbinnie and Soobinnie!” Jaehwan chirped, sitting beside his wife and gently pulling Wonshik onto his lap. Taekwoon giggled while Hakyeon choked on air. “T-twins?! Y-yah, don’t you think that’s too much as our first?!” Hakyeon panicked a bit. Taekwoon playfully glared at her husband before shoving a pillow in the slightly older male’s face. Hongbin laughed joyfully at Taekwoon abusing Hakyeon with a pillow. “Pillow!” Hongbin cutely said as he pointed at the pillow Taekwoon held at the side of Hakyeon’s face. The adults snapped their attention to the toddler, soft smiles on their faces as Hongbin started chanting a new word he discovered. “Pillow! Baby pillow!” Hongbin said. Taekwoon and Hakyeon looked at each other before laughing. “Looks like we have a nickname for our baby, then.” Hakyeon said, wrapping an arm around his wife. Wonshik and Jaehwan grinned. “Don’t die yet. Hongbin gave his sister a nickname as well.” The older couple raised a brow, urging Jaehwan to continue. “Why don’t you tell Uncle Hakyeon and Aunty Taekwoon the nickname you gave your sister, Binnie?” Wonshik sofly told her son. Hongbin giggled, clapping cutely. “Hyogi! Hyogi!!” Taekwoon and Hakyeon died in the inside. “That is just the cutest nickname!” Taekwoon cooed, hugging Hongbin once again when the toddler walked over to her. “He actually got that from the nickname we gave Sanghyuk.” Jaehwan explained. “Hongbin must have overheard me screaming “HYOGI!” When that good for nothing maknae decided to contact us after two years of migrating to Japan with his wife.” Wonshik said. Hongbin looked up and grinned at his parents when Wonshik mentioned his Uncle Sanghyuk’s name. “Sangie?!” Hongbin said, tilting his head. Jaehwan and Wonshik chuckled while Hakyeon and Taekwoon cooed at the cute boy. “Such a cutie you are!” Hakyeon cooed, pinching Hongbin’s cheek softly. Hongbin pouted before glaring at his other uncle. The adults cooed at the toddler once more, not being able to handle the cuteness oozing from the eldest child in the house.


“When are you due?” Jaehwan asked that night as he and Wonshik layed in bed, with Wonshik in his arms. Wonshik smiled softly, fingers fiddling with the collar of Jaehwan’s shirt. “April 6.” She said, controlling her voice. Jaehwan felt a lump in his throat, arms gently pulling Wonshik as close as possible. “Please tell me that this is real.” Jaehwan murmured, lips almost touching Wonshik’s. Wonshik smiled brighly and kissed Jaehwan as her answer. Jaehwan cried happily, scattering butterfly kisses all over Wonshik’s face. Wonshik giggled, hands coming up to cup her husband’s face, thumbs gently wiping the tears away. “Oppa, I love you.” Jaehwan beamed, kissing his wife softly once more. “I love you more, Lee Wonshik.”

 

April 6, xxxx
Jaehwan smiled and cried silently as he held his and Wonshik’s baby girl in his arms. “What would you be naming this little angel?” The midwife asked. Wonshik smiled at her husband. “Jaekyung. Lee Jaekyung.” Wonshik said, smiling brighter as she caught the surprised expression of her husband at the corner of her eye. The midwife smiled and nodded, writing Jaekyung’s name and information on the sheet. “I’ll come back in 30 minutes to get your signature.” The midwife said before leaving the family alone.
Jaehwan cried harder in pure happiness once the door clicked shut, legs automatically moving him to his wife. “I love you so much.” He said before softly kissing his wife. Wonshik smiled into the kiss, a free hand gently cupping the back of Jaehwan’s neck to bring him a bit closer.
“She looks so much like you, I couldn’t help but give her a name like yours.” Wonshik said a moment later, gently rocking their baby girl in her arms. Jaehwan smiled softly, linking his hand with Wonshik’s free hand. “Jaekyung is so pretty.” He said in awe as the infant slowly opened her eyes, blinking them cutely. Wonshik cooed, leaning down to gently kiss Jaekyung’s forehead. Jaekyung looked up, smiling cutely. Jaehwan felt his heart melt all over again, like the time their Hongbin first opened his eyes. “Hongbin’s going to love her for sure.” Wonshik said with a nod. Jaehwan couldn’t agree more.

 


Five years later
Jaehwan smiled as he watched his seven-year old son play with his five-year old daughter. “Hongbin-ah, don’t let Jaekyung get close to the bushes!” Jaehwan reminded his son. Hongbin looked up and nodded, giving a dimpled smile that was all so identical to his late brother. “Yes, appa!” Hongbin replied, carefully carrying Jaekyung on his back before galloping to their mother. Wonshik smiled at the sight of her two children nearing her. “Be careful! You might wake Wonjin up.” Wonshik softly reminded the two. Hongbin and Jaekyung nodded as Hongbin carefully let Jaekyung down his back. “Umma, why is Wonjinnie always asleep?” Jaekyung asked innocently as she watched their maknae sleep comfortably in Wonshik’s arms. “Because babies need their sleep to grow! Right, umma?” Hongbin answered softly. Wonshik smiled and nodded. “That’s right! And because Wonjinnie always plays with you two, remember?” The two nodded, smiles on their faces.
Jaehwan came to them a while later with food and Wonjin’s bottle. “Snack time!” Jaehwan softly announced, setting the tray of food on the table gently. The kids cheered softly, running to their father, while Wonshik smiled and carefully leaned a bit to take the bottle from the tray. “I’ll give it to you, umma!” Jaekyung volunteered, taking the bottle from her father before handing it to her mother. Wonshik and Jaehwan smiled at their little angel. “Thank you, Jaekyungie!” Wonshik said, kissing her eldest girl’s cheeks. Jaekyung giggled and hugged her mother before going back to her seat.


Wonshik felt tears roll down her face as she and Jaehwan watched Hongbin and Jaekyung put their baby sister to sleep. “How did we get so lucky to have two beautiful angels with us?” Wonshik softly asked, resting her head on Jaehwan’s shoulder. Jaehwan softly chuckled, wrapping his arms around his wife. “You cute little crybaby.” Jaehwan affectionately whispered, gently wiping Wonshik’s tears away with the sleeve of his sweater. Wonshik smiled before kissing her husband. “I love you.” Jaehwan whispered with a soft smile. Wonshik smiled back, pink tainting her cheeks. “I love you too, oppa.” She said shyly. Jaehwan hugged her closer, musing at how Wonshik still mananged to get shy and embarrassed with sweet things even after 6 years into their marriage.


As they watched their children take care of their newest addition, Jaehwan smiled as he thought of how lucky he is to have such angelic children and a wonderful wife. He is forever grateful to have the four people he loves close to him, and keep brightening his world.
Wonshik is nearly brought back to tears as she thinks about how she will never trade her wonderful family for anything. She truly loves her husband who never fails to make her feel beautiful and loved, and her three children who continues to brighten up her day and give her numerous surprises in her life.