FOUR

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

PARK JIMIN

"Scalpel," 

I brought out my hand for the nurse to pass it to me. Beads of perspiration were trickling down from my forehead as I gradually took over it and made an incision to the marked outline of the patient's stomach.

"Thanks," I mouthed quickly to Taehyung, who was busy helping me to wipe off the sweat as I then carefully drew the trocar connecting the laparoscope in. 

Raising up my head, my eyes were fixated on the screen as I maneuvered the camera to the sides with caution.

"Found them," I announced once I located the position of the glass fragments. Then, giving Namjoon a nod, I signaled for him to drive the other trocar in.

"Forceps", he said to the nurse next to him after he had done so but the next second he was handed with it, all I heard was, 

","

---

Standing outside the theatre in my green scrubs, I was cleansing myself right after the operation when Namjoon exited from the door and came over to my side. 

"So, is there any change in mind?"
"To what?", I jerked my head up to face him.

"Donghyun-ssi? Her welcome party is tonight?"

I pushed the tap down to stop the water from flowing and withdrew a tissue from the corner to dry my hands.

"I thought I made myself clear the other time? I've got no time for this,"

"Dude, you are off the clock after this," he knitted his eyebrows as he spoke, 

"It's Joohyeon sunbaenim, Yoongi and my turn for On Call tonight. But even so, the hoobaes will be covering up for us while we take a short leave to attend the party,"

"Still, I'm of no interest,"
"Oh come on Jimin,"
"Nah," I wagged my fingers at him, 

"Taehyung," Just nice I caught him passing by us, ready to leave.

"Remember to request from the supply team to replace the forceps for this theatre. Dr. Kim here would be glad to sign the form for you since he was the one who broke it", I told him and sneaking a grin, it was seconds later that I heard Namjoon scoffed,

"Jimin, you've got no jams,"

---

By the time I headed back up to the lockers, it was just me alone. Joohyeon and Namjoon have both left and as for Yoongi, I guess he is probably back at catching up on some sleep. 

Removing the white coat from my body, I was just about to open my locker when I caught sight of a memo pasted on the surface of it. Bringing it down with my fingers, I read.

Hi neighbour! I know that you are busy but please make it to my welcome party alright? I don't want to bring down Hobi's efforts, so pleaseeee, Chimchim? ^^ See ya!

<3, 
Hyunnie

I can't believe her. With the memo now sitting on my palm, I laughed and was all ready to crush it when someone appeared just in time to snatch it away from my hand. 

"Oh no, you are so not going to do that," I heard the person cry before he placed me in a head locked position and dragged me out of the lockers,

"And you are so coming along with me, Chimchim!"

---

KIM DONGHYUN

I eyed the red liquid and the golden glow of the glass-like cubes. Poking them with my perfectly manicured nail to hear them jingle, I watched and entranced, as they bounced back up, with the remaining mostly submerging like mini icebergs. 

Wrapping my long fingers around the glass, I felt my heat leach into the drink. Bloody Mary, they call it. 

Raising the glass to sip, I felt the keen burn on my tongue and throat- a burn that made me recoil as a girl. 

"How's it?"

Minah, Hobi's spouse was watching me all along and her eyes were twinkling with mirth as she asked.

my lips, I gave her a thumbs up sign and complimented, 

"Awesome, this tastes really good,"

She chuckled with joy and just as I finished the drink, she topped it up for me again.

"Thanks Minah-ssi, but I can't take anymore of this,"
"Oh alright," she placed the shaker away and sat by the counter to talk to me.

"It's an irony that this is the best cocktail Hobi actually makes although you understand what his phobia is," she laughed and then suddenly jerked her head up at the front. 

"Anyway, it seems like two other handsome doctors have joined our party,"

Turning myself around on the swirling chair, my eyes found Yoongi setting his foot in at the entrance, with him pushing Jimin, who was looking rather reluctant to enter to the front. Then, as he slowly summoned Jimin all the way in till next to me, he did a fist-pump with me.

"Congratulations Dr. Kim! I'm more than happy to have you here but too bad you are not in our team," he made a sulky face which was really cute before he broke into a smile again.

"Anyway, I managed to bring this fella here, so have fun you two," 

With that, he clinked his glass of cocktail with mine before leaving to join the rest in some games. 

"Well, thanks!" I raised my glass up to honor him and fixing my gaze back at Jimin, who then sat down unwillingly next to me, I lowered the glass to the table and pushed it to him,

"Here, try it,"
"Sorry, but I don't drink," he replied with a sharp expression and tone.

This caused Minah to look over at us from the counter and frown but I just shrugged it off.

"Alright, if you say so," I pressed my lips together and tilted my head to the side. Resting my head on my left hand, I studied the jamless figure as he remained in the same position, expressionless and doing nothing at all. 

How can he be of no fun in a party itself? I raised an eyebrow at him. Even worse, I got more intrigued by his behaviour when he started asking for a glass of plain water from Minah. 

Untangling the knots in my hair, I shifted my body up in frustration. It was all silent right here but over at the other side, it seems like the others were having lots of fun. 

Therefore, deciding not to miss out from the fun, I jumped off from my seat and gestured to Minah that I will be heading over to Hobi's side. She nodded to me and then, holding on to Jimin's hand, I led him along. 

"HAHAHAHA, Dr. Bae! It seems like you have lost! So you will have to leave up to your promise. Drink all of these," 

As soon as we arrive there, Hobi was laughing in a joyful and gleeful way as he forced Joohyeon to drink up a few glasses of Martini. 

"Oh no Hobi, I can't. I have duty afterwards and I'm not allowed to drink,"
"Then what about him?" Hobi pointed at Yoongi, who was already knocked out and lying restlessly on the sofa,

"I believe he's on duty too?"

This made Joohyeon gulp and as she slowly reached forward for the drink hesitatantly, I saw that Jimin, who was supposedly behind me had already dashed over.

Snatching the glass of Martini from her hands, I heard him utter,

"I will drink it for her,"

With that being said, one by one, he brought them to his mouth and gulped them down all by himself. 

---

After the few hours, the celebration finally came to an end and now, all of us were making our exit. 

Namjoon was busy holding on to Yoongi, whereas Jimin was propping on Joohyeon's shoulder as all of us gradually made our way out. As for me, I was the only left with nobody in my arms, thankfully.

Pausing in my tracks, I turned to face all of them right before we part ways.

"Thank you so much for attending my welcome party and I hope to work alongside with you guys real soon. Take care," I bowed at them and just as I was about to leave, Joohyeon called me back.

"Hyunnie-ah,"
"Yes unnie?"
"I need you to drive Jimin back. We need to rush back to the hospital asap," as she said, she was already dragging Jimin to my side and forcing me to support him using my arm. 

"Thanks,"
"Unnie," I tried calling after her but to no avail.

By the time I whispered, "I don't drive," they had all gotten onto her car and left. 

And so, I am now left all alone on the streets with him. 

Rolling back my shoulders, I did a little warm up before I adjusted Jimin's head properly on my shoulder. His head had a way of lolling as he was in complete inebriation. His hair was also tickling my skin as he soon nuzzled into my neck before he suddenly raised his hand with less coordination than a concussed troll and slurred more than spoke, 

"Ireneeee sunbaenimmmmm, gwaenchanhayooooo???" 

Subsequently after, he plopped back onto my shoulder for support.

"Hmmm, let meeee rest hereeeee," I heard him say.

His lips were set in a semi-pout as he said that and I couldn't help but to laugh at his cute expression. Scaling my pocket for my phone, I quickly snapped a picture of him in this state.

"Tch. So much for 'Sorry, but I don't drink'", I threw him a sarcastic look before I dragged him and his dead drunk weight down the pavement, hoping to get a cab at this secluded street and at this late hour.

However, luck wasn't on my side. Half an hour soon passed but I still couldn't get any cab. Therefore, being tired and all, I sat myself down onto the pavement and laid Jimin's head on my laps as I massaged my sore shoulders. 

It was not long after that a pair of flashing bright lights from a vehicle shone into my eyes as the person pulled over at our side. 

Rolling down the windshield, it soon revealed a police officer as he stuck his head out of it. 

"Dr. Kim Donghyun-ssi, is that guy bothering you or do you need any help there?"

I blinked my eyes several times at him, 

"Officer Jeon?"