THIRTY

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

KIM DONGHYUN

The lines of glares that shot for my eyelids awaked me. Stretching out my arms, I let out a groan from the inadequate amount of sleep I've had. Uncovering my eyes, I was barely awake when a figure suddenly poked his head out in front of me, making me jump. 

"OMONA. You scared me there,"

Resting my hand on my chest, I glared at the male before flicking his forehead and pushing him back down onto the chair. On the other hand, all he gave was a goofy grin before he waved the fruit basket in his hand at me. 

"Good morning, Dr. Kim. How are you doing today?"

"Fine", I replied him curtly and as he then proceeded on to unwrap the fruit basket for me, I raised an eyebrow at him.

"By the way, what brings you here, Choi? Are things not yet settled?"

With his back still facing me, he shook his head lightly.

"Nope. Everything's fine. I just wanna check up on you and Dr. Park. That's all", he said with a shrug and turning around to toss me an apple, he continued on,

"And I'm sorry by the way. I didn't know that you couldn't drive back there,"

He stopped there and hesitated whether to go on about it or not until I smiled back at him and waved him off.

"It's okay. That's all in the past. I should have gotten over it long ago", I simply told him, 

"But thanks to you and... Dr. Park...", I stumbled upon at his name, 

"It seems like I finally made it through,"

I chuckled nervously, taking a bite from the apple he had just handed me with and after which, I remained silent.

Titling his head from side to side, Choi seemed to notice how awkwardly I was behaving, hence, breaking into a gentle smile and scooting closer to me, I was taken aback when he suddenly whispered,

"Dr. Park? Just what happened to your Jimin? I mean, as much as from what I've observed back then, the relationship between you two, it wasn't this dense. And also", he spoke as though there was a sudden lightbulb on top of his head,

"I've heard that you are actually considering on tagging along with Jeon to America? Yah, Dr. Kim, just what exactly is going on here? Is this some sort of a love triangle? Would you care to explain to me? 'Cos I feel that I have missed a lot from those undercover missions. I need some lifeu for goodness sake,"
"Then join us in America. Your face tells me that you want those English lessons too,"

I eventually dodged away from his questions with this simple joke that I've made. However, as my eyes then wandered off elsewhere across the room, I couldn't help but to notice a bouquet of lavender sitting dearly on top of the desk at the far end of the ward. So, flicking my head towards the direction of it, I asked Choi,

"You brought those over too?"

His eyebrows twitched at my words initially but then suddenly recalling something, he opened his mouth to speak,

"Ahh... Those flowers. I saw an ahjusshi placing them there just as I walked in,"

An ahjusshi, I let out a soft chuckle at his words but my eyes soon soften. Taking in a deep breath, I told him. 

"You know what? I believe that the ahjusshi you saw was actually my father,"

"Jinjja?", Choi gave me a dubious look before he retorted,

"No way. 'Cos when I told him that it was okay for him to stay while I  hang around, he just simply shook his head and muttered something like you wouldn't want him here anyway. Are you sure about this, Dr. Kim? Why wouldn't you want your own father to be-"
"It's him,"

I answered as a matter of fact and getting off from my bed, I walked towards the bouquet and ran my fingers through the fresh lavender. 

"Only Myungsoo and abeoji know that I have a liking towards lavender,"
"Oh,"

By then, Choi had already joined me by the desk. Judging from my expression, I could tell that he kind of understood what had gone wrong and thus, sliding his hand over my shoulder, he patted on it before saying this to me, 

"Dr. Kim, I may not know the details to it but somehow, I feel that there's at least one thing that I can tell you," he paused to give me a heartwarming smile, 

"Blood is always thicker than water. No matter what, family should always be your priority. You must learn to forgive so that you can move on and be happy,"

For a moment, I looked up at him with an uneasy expression but still, I was very concerned about the words he have just shared with me. To be honest, I actually agreed with him. It has been a long time since I was stuck at this same spot that I didn't even realize that I was making the others around me suffer as well. 

Just as I was thinking through all these, Choi on the other hand, was already rearranging the fruits in the basket and was preparing to leave but just before he did so, I called out to him.

"Hey, where are you bringing the fruit basket to? Isn't that for me?"

He laughed heartily. 

"Nope. I didn't say that, Doctor. Don't twist my words. Only that apple was for you whereas the rest, they are for my hyung,"

I shook my head in utter disbelief and placing my arms on my hips, I asked him again helplessly, 

"Choi, really. Who the are you?"

He gave me a smirk, raised his hand and then ruffled my hair playfully before giving one of his high pitched laughter.  

"Me?", he pressed his lips together,

"I'm Choi. Full name Choi Youngjae, same like before. But there's just one other thing that all of you didn't know. Choi Seung Hyun aka T.O.P, he's actually my hyung,"

---

Trudging down the corridor, I kept muttering "daebak" to myself as I was totally mind blown by Youngjae's news. It was only until when someone called for my name that I realised that I was just about to walk past his ward. 

"Hyunnie", Hoseok shouted and waved at me excitedly from his bed but,

"Ahh ahhh, I can feel the needle pulling my handeu", he winced in pain when the IV line got kinked.

"Hobi, be careful there,"

Sitting beside him, Minah adjusted the IV line for him before her eyes darted back to mine. 

"Heard that you were the hero of the day", I tried to lighten up the mood a bit by mentioning that to Hoseok but standing up from her seat, Minah narrowed her eyes at me. 

"Hyunnie-ah. This is serious alright? It could have cost a live, so I sure hope that you wouldn't even consider using our Hobi as the hero next time. And also, could you please pass on a message to your brother for me? Tell him to not use blood on our Hobi the next time. And maybe, a better choice would be snakes,"
"But there ain't snakes in the hospital,"
"That's the point. I don't want our Hobi to get hurt,"

"Awww, jagiya...", from the corner of my eyes, I saw Hoseok making kissy faces at Minah before then, they started holding on to each other, crying dramatically. It was only after a short while that Hoseok drew back and pointing at Minah's stomach, he asked cutely, 

"By the way, jagiya~ Do you think we can fit eleven babies in there?"
"Oh give my a break hoe,"

Seriously, I was cringing hard from how the two were behaving with each other and at the same time, happy for the couple, but recalling my main reason of appearing here, I cleared my throat and interrupted their session sadly. 

"Umm actually... I'm here not only to check up on you guys. I'm here to bid farewell as well,"

---

"Are you sure about this? Is this really what you want?"

For the umpteenth time, all five parties have been asking me the same question over and over again. Twerking his eyebrow, Jin stared at me and tapped on the resignation letter that was lying on the table. 

"Hyunnie-ah, do you really want me to submit this to the board later? Have you finally made up your mind?"
"Ne, never have I been so sure about this,"

"Yah, then what about Jimin?", Yoongi suddenly blurted out in an annoyed tone but before he could say anything else, Namjoon had already cupped his mouth and pulled him away.

"If you could please excuse us", he mouthed to me apologetically before then, dragging Yoongi along with him somewhere. 

I watched them blankly and then  scanning every nook and cranny of the cafeteria but catching no sight of Jimin still, I took a glance at an overly awkward looking Joohyeon before then, deciding on asking Taehyung instead. 

"Speaking of which, where is Dr. Park? I thought that I could at least say goodbye to him, since... We are still friends,"

"He went back home to rest instead,"
"WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY YOU ARE JUST FRIENDS?"

Both Taehyung and Jin said at the same time but from the look Jin was giving me, I felt that I had to answer his question first. 

With that, I swallowed the lump in my throat as I explained. 

"Oppa. Jimin and I. We were never an item. So please, I beg of you to stop putting us in a tough spot here. I know, I'm really sorry for lying,"

I held my head down low whereas Jin, he was loss for words. It took him about a few minutes to calm down and the next moment when he looked into my eyes, he only asked me softly,

"Have you contacted appa?"
"Ne,"

---

" off Namjoon and let go of me!", Yoongi yelled as soon as Namjoon started dragging him off somewhere. 

When they finally arrived at the locker room, Namjoon locked the door behind them before then, releasing his grip on Yoongi.

"Just what the -"
"Just shut the up Yoongi and use your brain to think. We need a plan now!"
"A plan for what? And did you just ask me to stfu?"

"YES", this time, Namjoon was the one who was pissed off first and running his fingers through his hair, he clasped his hands together, scrunched his face before he spoke.

"Jimin needs his jams, and obviously his jar of jams is Dr. Kim. We need to bring them back together,"
"But that is leaving,"
"Hey watch your words dude. You don't just call anyone a here. But , what should we do now?"

Yoongi let out a sigh. 

"Let Jimin know that that is leaving tonight?"
"Right,"

Immediately, Namjoon ran through his lockers and when he finally retrieved his phone, his mouth however, gaped open at the sight. 

","
"No Namjoon. Oh my god, you didn't just-", Yoongi shook his head disapprovingly at his dear friend.

"Yes, I just did. I just broke my new phone again. huhu,"

---

PARK JIMIN 

"Hyung, gwaenchanhnayo?"
"Ne, never been better,"

For the entire day, I have been pacing up and down my room for no reason, telling Ji-woon that I'm all perked up, but still, I looked a little tired as I sat down on my bed and looked into the mirror. 

The last time I checked myself on the mirror, I had banana peels strewn over my hair and my clothes were all foul smelling and now, even after the quick shower, I didn't look any better. Somehow, eomma managed to see through me as soon as I entered the house and the only thing she had said to me was that she sure hope that I have ended up making the right choice, because regrets are 'moral residue'.

Like something hard to remove got stuck on you when you did something against your better judgement. I didn't understand it until now that I finally realized that I had done something wrong myself, now that the residue seems impossible to remove, like an indelible stain on my cerebral cortex. 

"Argh", letting out a frustrated sigh, I plopped onto my bed and closed my eyes when just then, the message tone sounded. Running my fingers across the bed, I reached out for my phone and bringing it to my eyes, I saw that it was a text from Yoongi. 

motionlessmin: chimchim. you need to bulk up now, like seriously
motionlessmin: the news just came in and as you wish, she's leaving 
motionlessmin: tonight
motionlessmin: right now

I shot up from my bed at that instant and quickly changing into a decent wear, I was about to head out when Ji-woon started screaming at me.

"Woah woah woah hyung, where to now?"
"I have no time for you Ji-woon,"

My hand reached for the doorknob but just as I was turning it, I stopped and let go when I caught a glimpse of the intercom situated at the side of the wall. 

Outside the front door was a suitcase with Donghyun standing right next to it.

Tucking strands of hair behind her ear, I watched on and saw her raising her knuckles, ready to knock on my door but then, her eyes soon travelled back down to the ground and her arms retreated back to her sides. From her face, I could tell how hurt she was and yet, I was still holding it in. 

Probably because one of the reason being the fact that Jeon Jungkook- he was standing right next to her with his arm tightly secured around her waist. 

"Still couldn't bear to leave him?"

Although it was in soft muffles, I could still make out what he was asking out of her. 

I inhaled a deep breath and anticipated her answer but sadly to say, she shook her head instead. 

Initially, Jungkook had seemed doubtful towards her answer but then as the time ticked by, he tugged onto her waist gently.

"Then, you ready to go?" 

Jungkook tilted his head, perplexed and it was then, she shot him a vague smile. 

"Yep, let's go,"

With that, she took one last look at my door before then, I watched her back and fell into self-loathing as she dragged her luggage and disappeared down the corridor with Jungkook. My heart ached so badly at the sight that I didn't even realized when Ji-woon had appeared by my side. 

"Oh. Isn't that noona?", he squinted his eyes at the footage on the intercom,

"But where is she going with that officer? Ohmygod, she's even carrying a luggage! Is she leaving, hyung?"

Ji-woon started making a scene right then and it was finally, my heart took over my mind. 

I panted for air, leaning on my door for balance, while at the same time checking if she was still in sight. It took the last ounce of dignity I had before I opened the door. 

Crazily yelling for her to come back, I had a few of my neighbors opening their doors, screaming at me for being a nuisance but as of now, I am willing to give up whatever I have in order for her to come back. 

Seconds later, I was already in the elevator and the dinging of it eventually brought me swiftly back to reality. With hot tears streaming down my cheeks, I immediately scanned the lobby for her, for this place where I now stand. 

"Ahjusshi, do you mind passing this set of keys to my brother if he drops by next time? I forgot to hand him it this morning,"

"Kim Donghyun, I know you probably hate me and don't want to see me now, but I'm really sorry", I gasped as I burst out but standing right next to the security post, my heart sank when I saw her staring back at me in silence, her eyes suddenly filled with sadness and pain now. "Jimin", she finally says, sounding betrayed and heartbroken as she bravely met my eyes. "I don't want you to go", I said frantically, grasping for straws in my brain as I stared into her eyes and jabbed my fingers at Jungkook, 

"I don't want you to leave, with him,"

---

happy new year to all. Ily and btw, the next chapt is probably the last, I think :)