TWENTY THREE

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

KIM DONGHYUN

"Alright, we will meet after...", I took a short pause to think through my schedule for the day,

"After 6 then", I replied and pushing my way past Jimin, I headed out of the exit.

"Seojoon sunbaenim", I met my senior down at the corridor and wanting to discuss a few matters with him, I skipped to walk alongside with him. A few minutes passed while we talked and all the way until I was done with the conversation, I realised that Jimin was still following me. He picked up his steps after me when I quickened my pace and when I stopped abruptly and turned to face him, he collided into me.

"Why are you following me?", I asked.

"B-because I couldn't get past you,"
"Then here you go, y", I took a step to the side and motioned him to pass through. 

Jimin scratched his head slightly and as he attempted to hide his face behind his chalky-white fingers, I noticed that his cheeks had turned rosy pink, with it shining through the gaps. He lowered his head and slowly glided past me but at the next second, I felt a strong pull from his arm. When I reacted, I saw that he was already leading me elsewhere.

He pushed open the door to one of the On Call rooms and locked it behind him. I raised my eyebrow at his act while watching him remaining silent at the same spot.

"y, what's wrong with you today? You feeling well?"

I joked and raising my hand to feel for his forehead to check his temperature, I felt his hand securing on my wrist all of a sudden and slowly, he brought my hand down from him. 

"Is something bothering you?", I asked again.

Jimin furrowed his brow, looking pensive. Cold sweat glistened on his furrowed brow and with hands clasped tightly in front of his stomach, he constantly fiddled with his knuckles, weaving his fingers in and out of each other. This lasted for a few seconds before he set me down on a chair and found himself a seat opposite me. He adjusted himself and then looked up at me.

"Yes, something has been bothering me lately", he took a deep breath and said. 

He removed his stethoscope from his neck and inching forward towards me, he coiled it demurely around the nape of my neck instead. I stiffened up when he stuck the earpiece into my ears and spoke through the chest piece subsequently after.

"Tell me what do you hear next,"

He whispered to me with a smile, his eyelids lowered slightly in a playfully sultry expression. For his next move, he opened up a button of his shirt and pressed the chest piece against his skin while I swallowed hard at the sight.

Listening closely, I could hear the thumping of Jimin's heart. Just hearing its insane beat seemed to confuse me further and I took a glance at him nervously as he sat still and waited for my answer.

"Um... Your heart is beating", I gulped.

Jimin lets out a bashful laugh upon hearing my answer, gazing at me with kind eyes. 

"What more?"

I tilted my head to the side and pondered. I removed the earpiece after which and returning him the stethoscope, I tried to keep my cool despite the intimating act of his.

"Tachycardia. I would advise you to see a doctor yourself", I told him bluntly but just then, he wound his leg around the leg of my chair and pulled my seat towards him swiftly, shortening the distance between us. 

I gave him an incredulous look and by then, he already had both of his arms resting on the sides of my chair. 

"You're right", Jimin murmured.

He leaned in close to me, his face nearly brushing mine. 

"It has been beating really fast whenever I'm close to you these days and it's killing me, Dr. Kim. It's killing me because I don't want you to go another day without knowing how I feel about you. And I'm not ready to tell you that I'm in love with you, because I'm not. Not yet. But whatever this is I'm feeling, it's so much more than just it. For the past few weeks, I've been trying to figure out. I've been trying to figure out why there isn't some other words to describe it. I want to tell you exactly how I feel but there isn't a single god damn word in the entire dictionary that can describe this point between liking you and loving you, but I need that word. I need it because I need you to hear me say it," he in a deep breath.

"Initially, I thought that you were just one really weird girl when you entered, but after spending more time with you, I ended up feeling otherwise. I got to find out the real reason why you like being at the stairs, that you can be really vulnerable at times, which made me realised that you are special and unique. The more you tried to stick to me, the more adhesive you got. And on that very day which happened to be my birthday, I actually liked being able to wake up with you", Jimin continued, obviously uncomfortable with what he was saying but refusing to be deterred now that he'd begun. 

"I like being with you, Donghyun-ssi. And I'd like to keep that up now that you're here," he admitted shakily and then met my eyes determinedly. 

"I want you,"

He took both of my hands in his before slipping one of it into my side pocket to retrieve my sketchbook. 

"And with this sketch you drew of me as well as how you have always been behaving around me, I thought that you might feel the same towards me", he dropped his gaze on my lips and stopped talking.

I could hear his voice right in my ear and I found myself hunching my shoulders. I have learned too much details from him. My eyes darted left and right anxiously before forcing out a smile when I met his eyes.

"Is there a hidden camera somewhere? Ay, you think I wouldn't find out about it? Park Jimin, you are all wrong-,"
"I'm being serious here,"

Seeing my shoulders quaked with laughter, Jimin touched the top of his head and grunted in annoyance. Taking the chance, I placed both of my hands on his chest and pushed him away. 

"I-I'm sorry, Dr. Park", I lowered my head when I caught him looking at me with resolute eyes. 

"I'm sorry for giving you the wrong idea," 

As much as I may hate hurting his feelings, I had to do so. I took a step back and ran my fingers through my hair. 

"W-what do you mean?", Jimin asked. 

"Dr. Park, you see. I can't take this advantage over you. You are just a 'pretend boyfriend',"
"So, that's why I'm telling you now that I want to be your real boyfriend,"

I inhaled a deep breath. 

"It wouldn't work,"
"Why?"
"I'm not yet prepared to be in another relationship,"

Jimin arched his brows at me and just as he was about to say something, my phone started ringing. 

Seeing that it was Jungkook calling, I answered it immediately.

"Jungkook-ssi", I spoke into the phone and waited for his reply. 

"Okay, I will be down shortly", I hung up after which. 

Then, without even looking back at Jimin, I told him quickly that I was going to meet up with Jungkook but as I put my hand on the doorknob, he grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him. His strength caused me to fall across his broad chest. 

"You can't do this to me. You can't just and then leave,"

---

PARK JIMIN 

"You're putting her in a tough spot here,"

Just as I was speaking to Donghyun, the door to the room opened and in came Jungkook, who was forming a thin line with his lips as he waved his phone at us. Upon making his entrance, he swatted my hands away from Donghyun instantly and holding on to her, he pulled her over to him instead.

"Sorry to eavesdrop on your conversation", apologized Jungkook before he continued on.

"But I'm glad that I did. I'm happy to hear that Hyunnie is actually still single but the reason why I'm here is because, she promised a date with me first. So long, Dr. Park,"

After saying so, he led Donghyun out of the room whereas I just stood dumbly at the same spot. My breaths got heavier and soon after I plopped down onto the bed to rest, a groan startled me.

". Chimchim, watch where you're lying", Yoongi grunted and kicking my , he tried to get me off from his bed.

"You were here all along?"
"Duh,"
"..."
"Yah Park Jimin, what are you still waiting here for? Go back to your patients and just hang in there till 6,"
"6?"
"Yeah, your date with Dr. Kim,"

I turned and shook my head at him sadly.

"You heard her. She's not interested,"
"Yes I know but she didn't exactly reject the date with you right? If I'm not wrong, she was the one who suggested it to be at 6", he shrugged. 

At once, I shot up at his words. Bewildered, I nodded my head in agreement and I was halfway down to the door before I ran back to Yoongi and embraced him.

"Yoongi hyung, I love you,"