TWENTY FOUR

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

PARK JIMIN

"I know. I always infires people,"
"Inspires, you mean,"

The encounter with Yoongi led to me deciding to drop by Donghyun's department at 6pm sharp and guess what happened next? 

The three of us were gathered around a table at a restaurant later on and seated right across me, Jungkook brazenly looked me up and down.

"What are you doing here?"

I returned his look with a gaze of my own and said to him, 

"Technically, I was invited to join along by her,"

My eyes scooted to Donghyun's and she dug her elbow into mine, trying to hide her embarrassment. 

Then, as she stirred her noodles with her chopsticks, I heard her murmur something beside me. 

"Stop making the situation awkward", she said.

I laughed at her words. I hadn't thought she'd be so adamantly against the idea as she was always the one playing around with my feelings but gazing at her profile, my heart still flutters from seeing a new side of her. 

"Um...", Jungkook coughed as he tried to catch our attention. 

"Anyway, let's get back to our main discussion for today,"

I saw him bringing up his bag from the ground before scattering some files onto the table. I watched on as he then flipped open a few of them and slid them across the table to Donghyun and I. 

"Why are you showing us this?", I questioned and Jungkook's face turned serious.

"It's important that you recognise these few of them as they might put your life in danger from now on. There were just too many occasions that you got tied up with me", his gaze wandered off to the ground,

"Donghyun-ssi, I'm sorry that I dragged you into this,"
"It's okay, I'm in for adventures anyway,"

Jungkook seemed uncertain with her words but despite so, he carried on elaborating on the details he have gathered so far. He pointed to the first thumbnail on the file.

"First of all, let me introduce you to JB. He's the subordinate under GD and he was the one who killed Jackson and attacked us on the very first encounter. I was under him the other time when I was an undercover", he his fingers briefly and flipped on to the next,

"And, this is GD. G Dragon, you can also address him by that. He's the right hand man of T.O.P and I believe that you have seen him before as well", he jerked his hand towards me and I nodded my head in reply.

"Your bro..."
"Right,"

There was sadness in his eyes once the topic of Jongsuk was brought up and Donghyun placed her hand on his shoulder to comfort him right away. 

"We are sorry for your loss, but please do carry on,"

Jungkook cleared his throat and in a breath, he flipped open the last file in his hands.

"Lastly, he's T.O.P. The mastermind of everything. He's the biggest drug dealer in Korea and although I tried getting him jailed the last time round, he managed to escape in the end. And now, if my instincts are right, he's probably back to get his revenge on me. He wouldn't let me go that easily, so we've got to be careful with our each and every move from now on,"

Despite his usual flippant attitude towards me, his advice was spot on. No matter what, I will not let anyone lay his hand on Donghyun, I told myself after which. 

"So, what's the plan now?", I asked, already eager to protect her from the danger that might come. 

"There's no plan, Dr. Park. All I need you guys to do is to watch out for each other and leave the rest to me. Jinyoung and I are working on gathering more evidences against them and definitely, we wouldn't want you guys to be part of this. It's out of your job scope and it's way too dangerous", Jungkook explained.

The conversation carried on and on until the three of us had our stomachs filled. I insisted on paying for our bill in the end and as I was over at the cashier counter, I saw Jungkook and Donghyun getting up from their seats and heading out. I left the bills on the table quickly and hurried out to join the two.

"Donghyun-ssi, let me drive you home", Jungkook offered her before me. 

"It's okay, I can take the bus on my own. The bus stop's right up at the front", she gestured her head to where the bus stop was at. 

"But-"
"No buts. I'm really fine with it. I just don't want to...", her face seemed reluctant and her eyes flickered to mine as soon as I exited from the door.

"Well, nevermind. Just, bus it is,"

I smiled to myself as she glanced away from me. Judging from her expression, I understood that she didn't want to hurt me further nor to give Jungkook the wrong signal. However, safety comes first. 

"Oh come on Dr. Kim. Don't make us, man look bad. We all live at the same block so it's only typical for us if you let Officer Jeon drive you home. He's obliged to protect you anyway", I told her and she looked at me, all confused. 

"Don't worry. I don't force relationships. I will give you some time to think it over", I winked at her before proceeding to my own car and drove off first. 

---

KIM DONGHYUN

The ride home was all silent in Jungkook's car. All the while, I was staring out of the window. We passed by numerous buildings and the lights of the skyscrapers shone brightly in the city's night sky. 

As I gazed at the otherworldly landscape, the events of this afternoon felt like ancient history, or some kind of illusion. 

"I want you,"

His words pounded in my head and as much as I was trying to get him out of my mind, it didn't work.

What's wrong with Park Jimin these days, I thought and I didn't even realise that we were soon arriving at our block. 

"You like him, don't you?"

As soon as Jungkook pulled up at the carpark, he released his seatbelt and turned to stare at me. I snapped out of my reverie and gasped. 

"Who?"
"Dr. Park,"
"No I don't,"
"You're lying,"
"I'm not,"
"Then, you wouldn't mind this right?"

Turning his face sideways, Jungkook pointed to his cheek and gestured his finger at it. 

"What?"
"You forgot something,"

His handsome face is right up close to my own as he leaned his body forward.

"My goodnight kiss,"

Taking me by surprise, Jungkook lifted my chin up and kissed me. I was too shocked to react but when I finally came back to my senses, I pushed him away. My hand reached out for the car door immediately but unfortunately, I got locked in. 

My eyes shifted uncomfortably to Jungkook who had a frown on his face just then. 

"It's not safe to head out there now", I was half expecting him to do something to me but instead, that was all that he say.

With his gaze fixed towards the front, Jungkook leaned over the steering wheel and scanned the area. 

"They're here. T.O.P sent them here again,"

My hair stood up at his words and squinting my eyes, I tried to locate their hideouts.

"There's one in the shadow of that pillar and three more on the other side of those cars", Jungkook pointed out to me and jesus, he was right. 

The gang were smart enough to find out that their plan was exposed and seconds later, I recognized JB and a dozen of people approaching our car, armed with metal bars. They surrounded our vehicle, rendering us impossible to escape and JB even nestled his foot on top of the front of Jungkook's car. 

"I will head out to divert their attention. In the meantime, Donghyun-ssi, you take the wheel and escape from here," Jungkook whispered.

"Jungkook-ssi, I can't dr-"

"Be careful out there", he added on before I could say anything else and in the blinking of an eye, he was out. 

Like what we've all expected, the gang pounced on him right as he stepped out of the car. A sudden gush of pain jolted throughout Jungkook's body as soon as the metal bar came into contact with his abdomen. His stomach ached, his arms lost tension and his legs began to weaken. My heart cringed as I watched him dropped to the ground from the inside of the car.

"Run", I read his lips before he struggled to get up, only to be smacked by one of the guys again. 

Fumbling with the car door, I listened to his words and took the chance to escape, but only to find myself bouncing back onto the seat. This small commotion soon caught the attention of JB and I bit hard into my lips. 

the stupid seatbelt, I rolled my eyes and clenched my teeth. At the very next moment, I released my seatbelt and ran out of the car and out of the carpark as soon as my legs could carry me.

"GET HER", bellowed JB and my eyes widened when I realised that they were all coming after me now. My eyes sought to find Jungkook behind them but lying on the ground, his tongue was soaked in the taste of blood. Bruised and wounded, I saw him held his leg in agony before grabbing the foot of JB and pulling him to the ground. His head was pounding but nevertheless, he brought a fist to JB's face, snapping his nose into a grotesquerie.

"HOW DARE YOU MESS WITH MY FRIEND,"

"Well, I didn't know that this will anger you so much but guess what? You just made the game even more interesting", JB laughed,

"Now, why not we change the game plan? How about we keep you alive while we do something with your little friends out there?"

---

When my mind has ceased its unproductive buzz, I am able to start thinking my way out of this mess. If I continue running, the gang will eventually catch up with me. And if I were to stay at the same spot, I'm as good as dead. So, my dilated pupils scanned for the best spot to hide and my options were fairly limited but I chose for an alleyway up front. 

Turning into the corner, I jolted behind the trash bags. Some of the sharp items were scuffing at my skin but these crude pursuers made me care less about the pain. 

"Where has she disappeared to?", I heard one of them say and they were closing in from all angles now. My heart thudded more loudly that I wished it would, but I reminded myself that this drum was only beating in my own ears. 

"Do you always traipse around in unfamiliar alleyways with strangers?", a sudden voice made me jump from my secret hideout and I looked up to find a stranger grinning at me.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Choi and shhh", his raw voice brutal against my ear and he cupped onto my mouth when I started to scream. 

I struggled against him, shooting my right leg out but my movements were far too slow. Hands moving from my waist, Choi seized my arms, trapping them to my side. He pushed me roughly further into the alley, the agile gesture causing me to stumble almost falling flat on my face. Then, shoving his hand into his pocket, I saw him phoning someone.

"Choi here. I've got the girl as well,"