ONE

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

PARK JIMIN

Finally. 

Slumping back onto the chair behind me, I let loose my body and massaged my temples. The past twelve hours was a really tough battle to fight but fortunately, I managed to conquer it. 

Now, seated at the cafeteria, it calls for a short break before I continue making my rounds. Closing my eyes, I let the tiredness take over me.

"Tired?"

A sudden voice caused me to jerk awake and as I was looking up, I felt the presence already taking the empty seat in front of me. 

When I finally met her eyes, I found her staring back at me with her beautiful brown orbs as she gently pushed a cup of coffee to my side.

"It's still warm. Have some,"

"T-thanks," I smiled at her and then rubbing my eyes fiercely, I told myself to stay awake no matter what for the fact that I was finally given the opportunity to sit here alone with her. 

No Namjoon, no Yoongi, no Taehyung and most importantly, no Seokjin for the first time!

Shyly, I held the cup of coffee with both of my hands to warm myself up before I asked her, 

"So Irene sunbaenim, how did your side went? All cleared?" 

Since she is four years my senior, I had to address her by that. However, calling her by her Christian name wasn't really as simple. It got me a few months to get used to it, simply because my heart would always flutter so badly whenever I say it out. But now, everything's settled. 

I watched her as she took a sip of her coffee elegantly before placing it back down. To me, her each and every movement was all angelic looking until she frowned. 

"What's the matter?", I noticed the change in her expression rather quickly. 

"Well," she shrugged her shoulders,

"Everything's fine. Just that there is this one tough nut hard to crack," as she spoke, she started stirring her coffee.

"How so?"
"He has this serious phobia of blood,"
"What?", I suddenly gasped.

Smiling bitterly at my reaction, she commented,

"I know right? But as you know, the nurses have to clean up his wounds," at the thought of that, she sighed deeply.

"However, even Taehyung couldn't handle him and I got called up just a while ago. But look at this Jimin," she pulled up her sleeve slightly to expose her arm,

"He bit me,"

Subconsciously, my fingers went  forward to the distinctive teeth mark that had scarred her once beautiful, flawless skin. In my mind, I had wanted to kiss the mark as well as her pain away until, someone interrupted my thoughts. 

"Park," that was how he called for my attention,

"Be in my office right now," he said it with such urgency in his tone that I couldn't find any reason to disobey him. 

Looking back at the angel who was pouting at me, I found her furrowing her eyebrows at the intruder first before she gave in and started gesturing me to join him.

"Don't give me that look Joohyeon," I then heard Seokjin said with his back facing her,

"And Park, will you please hurry up? I don't any time to waste,"

---

In Dr. Kim's office, 

"So basically, we will be expecting a newcomer later on in the evening so I will need you to take her on a tour around our hospital first before sending her to the Pediatrics Department," as Seokjin spoke, I noticed that he kept spinning the pencil with his fingers. And when the pencil dropped, he was already getting up from his seat.

I shuffled my feet back to give him some space to grab his coat and all, but most probably that he had taken notice of this strange look I was giving him, he explained to me,

"Don't ask. I just received a message from the board to attend an urgent meeting at Singapore. So for now, I'm leaving it to you," he patted on my shoulder. 

"Do me this favour and take good care of the team for me for the next few weeks Park,"

With that, he just left me standing there wide-eye as he took his leave. 

And for don't know how long, I just stood rooted to the ground when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. Fishing it out, I realised that it was a text from my mum, asking me when would I exactly return home for a dinner with the family again. 

Likewise, my answer for them stays the same. Leaving it to my well trained fingers to type the sentence, 

"Sorry, I'm really busy with work now Mum. Maybe next time." 

I then proceeded out of Dr. Kim's office. Just as I set my foot out of the room, I happened to notice a girl standing still, right in front of the bulletin board outside the office. 

She might be the newcomer. That was the first thing that came across my mind, but after doing a thorough scan of her overall clothing once more, I figured out that she might probably be just one of those relatives of patients who like to wander and snoop around at just any places. 

She was dressed in long denim overalls that covered a plain white shirt and her hair was tied up in a ponytail. In , she was to a lollipop nonchalantly until I caught her widening her eyes when she turned and saw me. 

---

KIM DONGHYUN

Kim Seokjin, head of Emergency Department, it read. 

This is probably the millionth time I had smiled to myself after studying his photo on the organization chart over and over again. 

Deep in my heart, I just felt so proud of him as from the last time I saw him, he was just a medical student back then. Yet now, he has probably reached the epitome of his career. 

Shoving the lollipop deeper into the corner of my cheek, I was just about to make my way into his office when a sudden figure took me by surprise. 

Woah. 

He had a face like some guy you would ask for directions in the street, non-threatening, I supposed. And, in his white coat, I would describe him as one of the hottest doctor I have ever seen in my life. His movements were unhurried, choreographed and deliberate, where I saw him simply just leaning against the door as he waited to listen to what I've got to say. 

Getting his cue, I waved my hand at him and greeted him warmly, 

"Hi there y, doctor," to which he replied,

"Hi there Miss,"

To my dismay, his smile turned out to be fake and I could definitely sense sarcasm in him as soon as he spoke again.

"But bye. 'Cos this area is only authorized to our staff. So, if you would please loiter somewhere else?"

His voice was deep and he spoke without any jargon, treating me as though I am a two year old kid.

Therefore, puffing up my cheeks and battling my eyelids at him, I tried to play innocence and ignorant to him.

"I guess I was too early in addressing you as y uh? Hmm... Probably the word shorty would fit you better?", I sneak a laugh before I continued on. 

"Sorry for LOITERING around but, I would just like to check with you, is this pretty face in there?", as I said, I pointed at Jin's photo on the bulletin board and cocked my eyebrow at him. 

"No, and if you would leave now," this time, he raised his voice slightly at me. 

Seeing that this guy here is really of no fun and from the fact that Jin is not even in his office, I gave a sigh and decided to take my leave. But of course, before I turned away from him, I didn't forget to throw him a smirk.

"I will see you soon shorty!" I shouted down the corridor.

And by that, I would mean REAL SOON, Dr. Park.