TWENTY SIX

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

KIM DONGHYUN

"Here, follow me," 

Taking the lead, Choi wriggled and wrestled his way amongst the twigs and branches of the woods as Jimin and I followed closely behind him.

Huddling close to Jimin as I supported his weight, we trudged wearily down the muddy pathway. He was grabbing hard onto my shoulder and tugging me closer, our faces ended up just inches away from each other. Seeing me frantically turning my face away, he smiled. 

"I am really happy for our skin ship but I haven't expected myself to be in this situation. I'm s-sorry,"

I snickered quietly when I heard him and bobbing myself up and down to support him properly, I replied,

"Just don't forget your service to me. I expect an appropriate level of devotion to keeping me entertained in the near future,"

I smiled ear to ear as I looked up at him, but this time, he became the one who turned away from me. 

"STAPH. Please grab hold of the situation here", Choi gave us a disdainful glance as he stopped and massaged his temples. Then, seeing him gesturing for us to make our way to his side faster, I picked up my steps and dragged Jimin along with me.

Once I reached his spot, Choi pointed his finger at a vehicle which was lying right next to an abandoned hut. 

"There, can you see that van lying there?"

I nodded my head in reply. With a swift movement, he then retrieved a bunch of keys from his pocket and jingled it before my eyes. 

"Ja,"

He held my hand and gently placed the bunch of keys onto my palm. 

"Take care of my baby and", he jerked his head at Jimin,

"Bring him to the hospital real quick, he seems like he's losing it,"

I was alarmed by his words and indeed, when I turned around and studied the figure I had in my arms, Jimin's face was gradually turning white and his body was hanging feebly down my shoulder. 

Lifting the load off from me, Choi first carried Jimin there and loaded him onto the van. Then, with both arms, he pushed me up onto the driver's seat and strapped me in. He was just about to leave when I grabbed hold of his wrist. 

"Aren't you coming along with us?", I asked nervously. 

"I can't. I need to station here to rejoin the troop once they are here. Why? Are you worried about me?", his smug grin made Jimin grunt from the back but releasing my grip from his hand, I stared at the front blankly. 

My mind was already starting to fail, like an engine that turns over and over, never kicking into action. I was so frightened that I couldn't formulate a thought. Every action could lead to more pain and there was no way out. 

'Cos, I couldn't possibly drive.

I brought my trembling hand to my eyes and stared hard at the keys. Then, I took a glance at the rear mirror, watching Jimin moan in agony on the backseat. 

"Yah Kim Donghyun-ssi?"

"Hmm?", I jolted up from my seat and broke out of my trance as soon as I heard his call.

Choi gazed at me earnestly, a serious look in his eyes. Then slowly, he picked up the keys which I was grasping tightly in my sweaty palm and inserted it into the keyhole. With a turn, he revved up the engine for me and supporting the weight of my arms, he held them up, making sure that they were well secured around the steering wheel. 

"Now, you are all ready to go. Run along, my friends", Choi gave me a pat on my back before disappearing back into the woods. 

Already, my heart rate was accelerating and my mind was replaying the memories on short loops. My hands were literally trembling on the steering wheel and I kept hesitating whether or not to drive. It was only when I made out a groan from Jimin that I realized that I may be running out of time. I turned my body around and did a quick examination on him. His vitals  were dropping drastically and cold sweat was forming on the top of his forehead. 

"Jimin-ssi," I shook his body's slightly to catch his attention but his eyes were shut close by then. 

"Yah Park Jimin, please stay with me", my voice sounded edgy and with my conscious mind, I reiterated the safety statistics. 

Every footfall over the gas pedal felt like a step towards to my own grave. Already, my knuckles were whitened and my face paled. My thoughts tumbled just as fast as before, but at least with each reminder to self that I've got to get save Jimin, the speed was capped, allowing me to counsel myself between each new horrific recollection.

FLASHBACK

"I need you girl,
Why am I in love alone, why am I hurting alone
I need you girl
Why do I keep needing you when I know I’ll get hurt~"

He turned the radio up, jiggling up and down to the beat. Then, with his ankles crossed and his knees leaning against the center console, he watched her in the driver’s seat, starting the engine with the push of a button as soon as the traffic light turned green. He had wanted to touch her and run his fingers through her hair but he didn't want to disturb her ride. Rubbing his hands together, he forced them into submission. 

Observing her movements, a sigh escaped his lips. He adored the subtle tilt of her head when she turns onto the road. Every movement seemed as though she've planned it out ahead of time and he couldn't stop himself from smiling as he continued watching her.

"Stop staring at me and focus on then road. I need you to give me the directions to the venue", she warned but that was when he took the advantage of the fact that she couldn't resist, because her hands were glued to the steering wheel and he kissed her over and over on her cheeks.

"Yah, Kim Myungsoo! You want a taste of my fist?", she waved her fist at him and immediately, Myungsoo let go of her and put his hands up, as if to say he meant no harm by it. 

"No thanks and awww, didn't know that you are that violent, Hyunnie. Looks like I will have to reconsider what Jin had warned me before about you", he chuckled lightly but as he fixed his gaze at the front, he frowned. 

"What's up at the front?"

The blue and red lights were little more than smudgy illuminations in the slanting rain. But beneath their glow was the white bodywork of a police car. Its yellow-white headlights spotlight the dense hedgerow to the side of the lane where the tail-lights sit unusually high off the ground and tipping upwards into the night sky. And in front of it, a blue Hyundai came screeching down the hill, black tires squealing on the grey as it skidded down the street, in need to change direction. 

"WATCH OUT", Myungsoo screamed but their car swerved, out of control. 

The two cars had tried to avoid each other, but failed. Both of them hit in a head-on collision but only the other car flipped over and continued screeching along the runway on it's back before it burst into flames.

During the process, Myungsoo had jerked to the front, his forehead colliding with the window. Steam rose from the back, the smell too intense for words. He tried to take off his seat belt to help Donghyun, who was in much more pain than he was, but he was unsuccessful. The windows were smashed, the car doing more damage than ever and it was soon that he too out from the impact. 

---

Incessant beeping of the machines could be heard as numerous lines of intravenous lines were plugged onto him after being rushed to the hospital. However, as he wasn't suffering much from internal injuries, his short span of analgesia wore off shortly after, such that he could soon make out the conversation between the two teams. 

"Dr. Kim, the other theatre just called,"
"Put them on speaker,"

The surgeon on duty paused for a moment and waited for the other party to speak. 

"Dr. Kim,"
"Yes speak,"
"Kim Donghyun's heart is in severe damage...", the person paused for a short moment, 

"But the storage had ran out of spare hearts,"
"THEN START CONTACTING THE OTHER HOSPITALS,"
"Dr Kim... You do know that it's impossible for them to deliver it on time..."
"So what are you getting at?" 

Dr. Kim yelled across the theatre, shocking all of his nurses and junior assistants who were there.

"I'm afraid.... We've got to let her go,"

He closed his eyes. He held his breath, hung his head low and looked down at his shoes. Then, nodding to himself, he muttered in a soft voice. 

"Fine, bring the papers here. I will sign it,"

"Andwae abeonim,"

The sudden voice and touch shocked him, and fixing his eyes at the young lad who was lying on the plinth, Dr. Kim had his mouth gaped open and his eyes opened wide. 

"Abeonim, please save Hyunnie. G-give. Give her m-my h-heart,"

END OF FLASHBACK

At the last second, I jumped. I felt my body hitting the dashboard and I screamed. 

I made it. I made it here. 

Inhaling a deep breath, I scrambled down the car and supported Jimin out. Very soon, I could see Namjoon, Yoongi, Taehyung and Joohyeon all hurrying down to me. They placed Jimin on a stretcher in no time.

"Quick, to Theatre One,"

As they ran through the double doors, the wheels of the stretcher and my pounding footsteps were the only thing I could hear. But as I ran along with them, darkness was starting to cloud my vision and the last thing I managed to hear was someone screaming out my name,

"Hyunnie-ah,"

---

“Where's the kid?” T.O.P demanded out of the nurse at the counter.

"Sorry sir, but we can't disclose our patient's information just like this if you don't show us your identification card,"

Every muscle on T.O.P's face tightened. He reached up to adjust his fedora, placing it at a jaunty angle on the back of his head.

"Excuse me?", arching his brows, he slumped his weight onto one hip, bending the other knee just slightly, lighting up a smoke before turning his head to a couple who just so happened to pass by. 

"AH!"
"Send him here or loose the deal", 

Wide-eyed, the nurse turned her head from T.O.P to the male whom he had held captive, taking a step backward and flinching as he soon pulled out a revolver. 

"OHMYGAWD. MY HEART IS. OMONA, BOSSEU-NIM CHEBAL! PLEASE LET GO OF ME! I BEG OF YOU! WE WERE JUST HERE FOR MINAH'S CHECKUP AND SHE'S A WEEK PREGNANT! I STILL WANT TO BE A GOOD DADDY! I DON'T WANT TO DIE SO SOON! MINAH-SSI", as he cried, he dramatically leaned over to his wife who was already roughly shoved aside by T.O.P's crew.

"Then fetch me Jeon Jungkook", T.O.P narrowed his eyes at Hoseok and before he could say anything else, a voice from the back made the corner of his lips curled up. 

"Don't bother. I'm here already", Jungkook came into his view and announced calmly, 

And long time no see, Choi Seung Hyun-ssi,"