TWENTY NINE

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

KIM DONGHYUN

Doing as told, I flipped the pages of the file gingerly. Within a minute or so, I found my eyes starting to widen as I scanned through the details once more before everything started to sink in. 

This is too much of a coincidence...

With a swat, I shut the file close after I was done reading it and bit hard into my bottom lips. Jungkook on the other hand, had a calm expression on his face as he sat across me but shortly after, he shifted himself in a little and pulled away the case file from my hands. 

With a sigh, he said,

"I don't know if this is fate or what but Hyunnie-ah, everything have been such a coincidence that even I, couldn't bring myself to believe this,"

He stared back at the file in his hands, seeming rather guilty before he then scratched his forehead uneasily.  

"I am extremely sorry for your loss", after clearing his throat, he told me in a croaked voice and I had to hold  in to my breath.

I understood that by that, he had meant Myungsoo, but that accident, it wasn't even his fault. Who would have thought of that bad omen beforehand? And even so, Myungsoo didn't exactly die because of this. As a matter of fact, Jungkook was merely performing his job as a police officer and if there's anything or anyone to be blamed, it would have been just me, my parents and even Myungsoo himself. 

Therefore, after shutting my eyes to realign my train of thoughts, I reopened them and slouched towards Jungkook, reaching for his hands and holding them in mine. 

"Jeon Jungkook, why is it that whenever I'm seeing you, you are always apologizing to me?", I Iaughed, 

"For all I know, you have been doing the right things all along. I would really expect you to scratch that sadistic mindset of yours and get on with life. And also, stop making me feel bad with these incessant apologies, 'cos honestly speaking, sometimes in contrast, I feel like I was more of a jinx to you..."
"Ani-ya,"

"Yah, let me finish", I held up my hand to stop him and this made him smile a little. 

"Although recently, there have been a rollercoaster of events and dramas I would describe them as, but overall, it was really great knowing you, Officer Jeon. Starting from the first day I actually met you here in Seoul as soon as I arrived, these adventures you have put me through, I have never once regret them. In fact, you filled my life up with jams,"

As soon as I said that, I noticed Jungkook breaking into soft cackles and I too, joined in along with him. This lasted for a short moment and when the voices died down, he started inching towards me. His expression turned serious as he then placed the palm of his hand gently on my cheek. 

"Hyunnie-ah, you have to stop doing this to me otherwise,I will really miss you a lot,"

This time, he had said it with such solemnity and he even had his head hung low.

"What do you mean? We just live levels apart from each other,"
"I will leaving by the end of this week,"

I flinched at his words and bringing his hands down from my cheeks, I questioned him,

"Alright, what's going on now? What had I miss?"

With his eyebrows furrowed, Jungkook then went on explaining to me how he had gotten his promotion and is now required to fly to America to undergo some training course. 

"This is bad. I have no idea how am I going to survive there because for pete's sake, my vocabulary range is currently at just 'pardon' and 'july'. I managed to pick those up from Dr. Kim Namjoon when he decided to give me an impromptu two-minutes English lesson while I was waiting for you up here,"

I immediately let out a snot but recalling him mentioning about his departure, I pressed my lips together at a sudden dilemma I was in. 

Please return to America. I have arranged consultations with the cardiologist and psychiatrist back there. You need therapy. - This message was sent to me right after I left Jimin and of course, I had read it such that I have consolidated so much stress on myself right now. 

"Hyunnie-ah? Dr. Kim? Kim Donghyun-ssi?", Jungkook has been snapping his fingers to grab my attention once he noticed that I was drifting out of the picture.

With his lips set in a pout, he made a puppy face at me,

"You really have nothing to say to me?"

I chucked my fingers underneath my chin and after much contemplation, I told him this instead,

"Say Kookie, do you think that you will need some help there?"
"Where?"
"At America?"
"What?"
"Like seriously, because I can help you,"

His eyes widened a bit, seeming he rather alarmed by my words. 

"What if I tell you that I can go to America with you?"

---

PARK JIMIN

As soon as I checked that Donghyun was out of my sight, I let go of Joohyeon's hand and held onto the wall in front of me for support.

For minutes, I have been breathing heavily and if looks could kill, everyone else would have been dead on the spot. My fists were tightly clenched together and in a second that it got out of control, it swung dangerously right straight at the front, pounding hard onto the cold, concrete wall. 

'BAAMMM!' The noise was evident and there were even a few clearly outlines of cracks on the wall but right now, those were nothing compared to how fragile my heart has gotten. Standing beside me, Joohyeon shuffled a few steps forward and held up my hand immediately to examine it.

"If you are hurting inside, then what's the point of letting her go in the first place?", in a soft voice, she mumbled. 

Then, pulling me along with her, she attempted to lead me to a room for first aid but I flung my arms away from her. 

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE", I yelled and she responded by raising her arms in defeat.

Just then, the door to the opposite room opened too and a head could be seen popping out to scrutinize us two. 

"YAH. WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TWO DOING AT THIS UNEARTHLY HOUR? WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE KEEP YOUR VOLUME DOWN AND NOT DISTURB MY SLEEP?!"

Nothing much to be surprised about, it was Yoongi. He was just about to close the door behind him after lecturing us, when those tiny weeny eyes of his caught the sight of the bleeding on the dorsum side of my hand. Without any further ado, he reached for the Bandana he was wearing on his head, rushed towards me and then tied it around my knuckles to stop the blood from flowing. 

Looking up, Yoongi stared straight into my eyes and gave a loud sigh.

"What now, Jimin?"

---

FLASHBACK

"Please take a seat", Seokjin had gestured for me to enter his room after discovering my presence along the corridor.

Massaging his temples, he leant back onto his chair and closed his eyes. Initially, I was only watching him silently but bearing in mind of what Haeyoung had said and from what I have heard from bits of their conversation, I asked him,

"Are you guys really making Donghyun leave here?"

His eyes jolted open and nodding his head sadly, he replied in a monotonous tone,

"Yes... We have to. Hyunnie have been skipping too much of those therapies such that her health has been deteriorating,"
"W-what sort of t-therapies?"

Seokjin looked up at me. 

"Cardiology mixed with psychology,"

I swallowed my saliva at this news while Seokjin gave me a motherly expression. 

"I understand how you feel right now", he told me,

"And that's exactly how I felt too. But, Hyunnie had received a donor's heart back then and because of the mismatch in compliance, the heart is still weak in her. Furthermore, it was donated by her former boyfriend, so those times have been really hard on her,"
"H-her b-boyfriend d-donated his h-heart to her?"

It was difficult taking in such news and time after time, I noticed myself being overwhelmed with a lot more things. 

"Yeah...", Seokjin frowned hard, 

"And this has generated yet another internal conflict in my family. Hyunnie", he paused,

"She has never visit our family house ever since that incident occurred. All along, she had thought that woo-ri abeoji was being exceptionally selfish for accepting Myungsoo's offer in her accord and since then, she promised herself to never forgive him. But Jimin, you have heard our conversation just now. He wants her to return back to America now for her own sake, but knowing Hyunnie's character, she will never allow that to happen", once again, he let out a sigh. 

"I will convince her to go. Leave this to me,"

Furrowing his brows, Seokjin fixed his gaze on me but as I stood up from the chair, he stopped me by the door and pat me on my shoulder.

"If that's the case, I'm counting on you bro,"

END OF FLASHBACK

And now, seated around me, there were Joohyeon, Yoongi, Namjoon and Taehyung. 

In a synchronized manner, all of them were shaking their heads as soon as they learned the truth. 

"You said to convince her, but you chose to hurt her and yourself instead", Namjoon commented. 

"Jiminniepabo," Taehyung uttered as well while I stared helplessly at the cup of hot chocolate that was lying between my hands. 

"So... Has Kim sunbaenim find out about how things have worked out between you two?"

"Nope", I shook my head at Joohyeon.

"Crap, may Jesus bless you then", Yoongi added on and it was just then, Taehyung widened his eyes and trembled as he pointed at the figure who was gradually joining our table from afar. 

"Speaking about the devil,"

"Good morning all", after checking the time on his watch, Seokjin greeted us all and sat himself down next to me. 

Causally reaching for Joohyeon's cup of coffee, he took a sip from it before studying all of our expressions again. 

"What's the matter here? Why do I feel the tension?", he asked but only to earn a glare from Joohyeon.

"Owing much to you", she scoffed, but noticing a bracelet which was sitting around his wrist, she narrowed her eyes at him. 

"Yah Kim Seokjin! What is this? Are you perhaps secretly seeing other women behind my back?"

Seokjin choked on his coffee but when his eyes followed her gaze to the bracelet, he couldn't help but to smile. 

"Oh... You talking about this?", he raised his arm up slightly and announced proudly,

"This was handmade by Hyunnie. She gave it to me a week back, claiming that she made it out of convenience as she was also preparing a gift for someone else at the same time,"

As he said, he was happily jiggling the charm which was attached to it.

"And this fella here. His name is Mario. She designed this character as she thought that he looked like me. Just look, isn't he cuteee?"

While the rest were starting to lean forward to examine his charm, my heart however, almost stopped beating at his words. I shook my head in disbelief and even I, was oblivious to my own action when I mumbled out of a sudden,

"Then, has anyone heard of Dooly before?"

"Not that I can think of", Yoongi was the first to reply whereas the others only returned me with frowns. 

Then, as soon as it hit me, I quickly got up from my chair. 

"Sorry, but please excuse me,"

With that, I dashed towards the trash can I had tossed my bracelet in earlier on. 

Not taking into consideration of cleanliness at all, I ran through those trash over and over again but to no avail. 

"I did threw it in here just now...", I was mumbling under my breath while continuing the search. 

Just at that moment, the janitor happened to pass by and so, I stopped her right away.

"Ahjumma, have you perhaps cleared the trash can here a while ago?"

She had a stunned expression on her face at first but after she had thought through carefully, she nodded her head at me. 

"Yea, I just did but aigoo... Look at this pile again. I guess I will have to clear these again,"

She reached for the trash bag and was ready to tie a knot to it when I grabbed onto her wrists and turned her to me. 

"Ahjumma, then do you know where the previous rubbish are dumped at? I'm sorry about how desperate I may seem, but I think I accidentally threw away something which is very important to me", I explained. 

"Yes, I understand young man", she said and then pointed to the room at the far end of the corridor. 

"If you were to walk straight and to exit through that door, you will reach the rubbish chute. This trash can here... Hmm, let me think... The trash bag will probably be sitting more to the left,"

"Thank you", I mouthed to her but just as I turned my back against her, she called me back again.

"However young man, the trash collection personnel will be arriving in about 10 minutes time, so be sure not to mess up the area and", she gave me a 'hwaiting' sign,

"Goodluck!" 

"Ne, gamsahabnida", I gave a quick reply and with my gaze fixed on the exit door determinedly, I prayed fervently to myself as I ran,

"Chebal... Please let it be there,"

---

Once she had observed that the figure had disappeared down the corridor, she stepped out of the pillar she was previously hiding at and stood still in the middle of the hallway. Opening up her palm, she stared at the item which was resting peacefully on it and at the next moment, she broke into a smile. 

"I knew that you wouldn't disappoint me, shorty,"