THIRTEEN

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

KIM DONGHYUN

"Look who's the kid here?" 

The leader nodded towards the rest of his mates as his grip only tightened around Jungkook's shirt. 

"John, or rather, Jeon Jungkook. I see that you are doing rather well," 

He traced his fingers along Jungkook's jaw as he spoke. Then, he gave him a few slaps on his face, making the other patrons to look our way.

"What do you want?

Every muscle on Jungkook's face tightened, eyes narrowed and his chin jutted outward. He reached up to the top of that guy's hand, attempting to remove it but to no avail. 

"What do I want?" 

I watched the leader as he started laughing like a maniac and the next second when his accomplice handed him an empty bottle of soju, he smashed it hard against the table, causing me to let out a scream. In a furious tone, he brought the edge of the bottle close to Jungkook's chin before he his lips disgustingly. 

"I want your live,"

Wide-eyed, I turned my head from that guy to Jungkook, taking a step backward and flinching as he slowly drove the edge of the bottle into Jungkook's neck. I saw him winced in pain, so wanting to help, I finally gathered the courage to run towards that guy and kick him hard right on his before pushing him away from Jungkook. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Miss,"

He stumbled backwards but it was then, he pulled out a revolver. 

The onlookers all started fleeing the site when they noticed the gun and leaving with the two of us and the gang at the spot, beads of perspiration trickled down from my forehead. 

I'm about to die. I'm so screwed. All sorts of negativity was surrounding my head.

In the meantime, Jungkook had already taken a protective stance in front of me, and whipping out his own revolver, his tone was no longer as polite as previously.

"Leave my friend out of this,"

The leader shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm sorry kid. But she brought it in herself,"

A single shot rented the air, echoing through the quiet night and accelerating into the horizon. I was so terrified by the scene that during the entire time, I had my eyes tightly shut. But when I realised that I wasn't injured at all, a pang of guilt and anxiousness surged through me. 

"JUNGKOOK-SSI," I yelled and shook him frantically but a dull flash of recognition washed over the face of yet another guy who was standing in front of us, before he slumped to the ground, with a "red carnation" growing on his shirt. 

"Get out of here, Jeon. Scram,"

Without any further ado, Jungkook found his hand to mine and wasted no time before we charged off. 

A few more shots continued firing in the air and whipping his head around, Jungkook fired a few skillful shots towards the back before he pulled me into a secluded alley. 

"Now, stay quiet," he placed his finger on my lips as we ducked behind a pillar. 

Soon after, footsteps could be heard around the same area. My hands trembled with fear as I saw the gang coming into view just at the entrance of the alley. 

To shield us from sight, Jungkook slid next to me and put his arms around my shoulders. 

Their each and every movement was under our watchful eyes from behind the pillar and as their eyes scanned every nook and cranny of the place, I could feel my heartbeat pounding in my ear. 

"," I recognized the voice of the leader, 

"We lost them," he cursed even more and then gesturing for the rest of s to gather, he shook his head displeasing as he brought out his phone. 

"Choi, pull up the van now. We are heading back," he said into the phone sternly.

"Anyway, report back to boss first. We have a betrayer," he paused to take a puff of his cigarette and exhaled the smoke through his nose, 

"Wang Jackson, that bastard,"

There was a faint glint in Jungkook's eyes as he heard his name. But even so, he remained quiet and still until the gang finally left in their van.

Pulling me in closer, he peeked out of the shadows to look at the other side. He turned around with a smile, then when he noticed how close we were, he frantically pulled away. 

"Sorry, I... Wait-"

When I tried to jerk away acting posed at the same time, his hand he had on my shoulder gripped me even tighter for a second. I was unable to avert my gaze, and his face drew closer to mine. 

"I'm glad you are alright. You scared the out of me earlier on," he heaved a sigh of relief and caressed my face. 

He let go of my shoulder but when he started to leave all by himself, I compulsively grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Where are you going?"
"To check up on him,"

My eyebrows were scrunched up in a frown.

"You are going back there again? No, it's way too dangerous Jungkook-ssi," I told him with much uncertainty but he insisted on doing so. 

Hence, leaving me with no choice, I decided to tag along.

---

The man was still lying on the ground in a pool of blood, motionless. I turned his body so that I can see his face clearly and reaching out my finger towards his nose and feeling for his pulse at the same time, I turned back to shake my head sadly at Jungkook after a quick assessment. 

"I'm afraid, he's dead,"

He crouched down next to me and stared at the body in despair.

"Rest in peace, mate", he whispered but just as he was about to get up from the ground, he actually took note of something which was perculiar.

"It seems like he left me a message," Jungkook uttered softly.

What met my eyes subsequently after were the words, 

T.O.P $ 

written in a red ink, which was probably his blood and I was surprised, recoiling in shock.

Jungkook seemed to have get it in one go and pulling out his phone, he called someone up immediately. 

"Jinyoung-ssi, can you help me check up on something," he stood up from the ground and placed him on speaker so that I could share the same information as well.

"Inmate #41187 Choi Seung-hyun,"
"Alright, give me a minute,"

I heard the swiveling of his chair and then the clicking of the keyboards. Shortly after, his colleague came back to the phone,

"He's no longer on the list,"
"What do you mean? Make it clear to me, Jinyoung-ssi," 

I don't know why but I felt my heart racing together with Jungkook's.

"He was bailed out this morning,"

---

PARK JIMIN

After leaving Donghyun, I decided to head back to Joohyeon's side. The thought of her being so vulnerable worried me a lot. 

Hence, pacing fast, I walked back to the On Call room we were previously in but as I let myself in, she was no longer in sight. 

Where could she have been to?

I called her up right away but she didn't pick up my call. However, down the hallway, I could make out a soft incessant ringing of a phone. Recognizing that it was Joohyeon's ringtone, I headed her way in no time. 

As I appeared behind the door, I found myself standing along the familiar looking corridor and I couldn't help but to stare hard at the label on it.

Dr. Kim Seokjin, it read. 

The door was left ajar and I could make out slight muffles in the room. Widening the gap a little more, I stopped when it was good enough for me to peek through to see what was going on inside. To my dismay, the scene that unfolded before me made my heart cringe.

At that point in time, there was a part of me that was angry. But, it was an anger at my loneliness, as she was never here with me. I would watch her cry, I would bring her into my embrace and I would even take up drinks for her even though I don't drink, but I can never wave a magic wand and stop her, to keep her even, so that she wouldn't ever leave my side. 

Now, disheartened I may be, all I could see was her being in someone else's embrace and her smile when she lifted her head off from his shoulder, it can never be compared with the ones she had when she was with me - Those were just friendly, polite smiles, never as genuine as the one she had plastered all over her face right now. 

But, this was all wrong. 

I looked over at Seokjin who was comforting her and my blood boiled as he then planted a kiss on her cheek. 

Isn't he her boyfriend? How could he be doing this behind her back? I thought. 

Then, without thinking, I barged into the room and pummeled him in the face.

"JIMIN," I heard Joohyeon screaming my name after me but I had no intention of stopping. 

After throwing him with a punch, Seokjin stumbled onto the chair behind him but I grabbed him by his collar right again.

Fixing him with a gaze as sharp as a dagger, I scoffed at him,

"As much as I may like Irene sunbaenim, I can't let you guys do this to Donghyun-ssi,"
"And just what have I done to her?"

His words angered me further and sending him another punch to his stomach, I yelled at him,

"She's your girlfriend for goodness sake! How could you do this with.. Her," I narrowed my eyes at Joohyeon as I continued on,

"Behind Donghyun's back," 
"What are you talking about?" 

Seokjin pushed me away from him and wiped the blood that was forming at the corner of his lips. Joohyeon quickly scrambled over to his side and after checking his face, she turned and gave me a frown. 

"Jimin, Kim sunbaenim is not Hyunnie's boyfriend," she said it loud and clear.

"I'm a Kim. I'm Kim Donghyun's brother," it was now Seokjin's turn to tell me. 

Upon hearing that, I was torn between pangs of horrible humiliation.

"I...", I dropped my head low and dare not meet their eyes. 

"I'm sorry,"

Seokjin took a deep breath and inched forward to give a gentle pat on my shoulder, 

"It's okay," he said but after that, he became the one who was suddenly lifting me up by my collar,

"Wait a minute. I thought you were Hyunnie's boyfriend?", he was staring straight into my eyes, 

"But just what did you say about you liking Joohyeon? Park, can you tell what exactly is going on?"