THREE

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

PARK JIMIN

She followed behind me, hopping from one foot to the other like a little girl and she was not ashamed one bit. She was deliriously happy, giddy even and once I led her into our lockers, her eyes glistened with joy.

"So, this will be your locker and after you are done depositing your stuffs, we shall proceed on with the tour," I showed her to the narrow storage compartment right next to mine.

I know right. What luck.

"Thanks y," she winked at me and when her eyes darted to the side, I heard her mutter under her breath,

"Cool, we are neighbors,"

Then, fixing her gaze back to her own and casually tossing her belongings into the locker, she retrieved a white coat which was hanging from the inside of it and raised an eyebrow at me.

"I suppose this is mine?"
"Yes, unless Kim Donghyun isn't your name," I rolled my eyes at her and pointed at the name printed at the front of it.

To that, she laughed it off as if she couldn't sense the formal tone in my voice before happily linking her arms with mine. 

"Hey, what are you trying to do? There are people watching us" I yanked my arm off hers as quick as possible and snarled at her,

"I hate touchy people,"

"Yea, and the only person with the permission to touch him is Joohyeon sunbaenim," a voice sounded from the back and slowly, the person wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled his head into my neck. 

"I'm so tired, Chimchim,"

It happened so suddenly and reflexively, I responded by elbowing him in his stomach.

"See, not even me and yah, Chimchim! That ing hurts," Yoongi made a face at me before he turned swiftly to face the girl. Giving Donghyun a smile, he greeted,

"You must be the newbie,"

Standing beside me, I saw her still displaying the confident yet playful look of hers as she took Yoongi's hand and shook it firmly, 

"Yes and nice to meet you too, Yoongi sunbaenim,"

It took a second or two for the new information to sink in and gradually, I saw Yoongi's lips stretched wider into  a gaping grin and his eyebrows arched for the sky. 

"Hey, you know me?"

Chuckling, she nodded her head briefly and pointed to the two who just so happen to enter the room whilst announcing proudly,

"Min Yoongi, Kim Namjoon, Joohyeon unnie and lastly," she flashed me a seductive smile,

"Park Jimin," she paused to picture the look on my face,

"For for your information, I was loitering outside the office for a reason," 

That was when I realized that I was outwitted again, that I could pinpoint her flaws for my whole life and never get any closer. Tugging her portfolio under my arms, I bit into my bottom lips embarrassedly and gestured for her to get out of the room quick. 

"Alright, enough talk. Let's go, I'll need to show you around now," I said to her.

"Sure," as she left with me, I saw Joohyeon stopping her to flick her on her forehead. 

"Yah Hyunnie! You owe me much explanation now. When did you exactly return and why didn't you call me beforehand?" 

Laughing nervously at her, Donghyun only nodded her head and waving at her, I heard her mentioning something like, 

"Unnie, we will talk about this over dinner alright?"
"You better,"

Just what is the relationship between those two, I tilted my head and thought to myself.

---

KIM DONGHYUN

"Can we call it a day? I'm seriously sick of this. You are so boring despite being y," I yawned loudly and I wasn't aware that I was so straightforward in my words until I caught him glaring at me. 

Fixing my posture and standing upright, I explained to him,

"Well I hate to admit but I actually took your words and went exploring the towers by myself before that. So I'm pretty much familiarized with the surroundings now,"

When I looked up, I saw that he seemed really unhappy with my words. 

Jimin ran his hand through his hair three times in quick succession and fixed me in a stare that could have frozen the Pacific. He snarled more than he spoke. 

"Then why didn't you tell me earlier? I could have totally skipped this and headed back to my work. This could have save us ALOT of time,"

"'Cos I wanna spend some alone time with you?", I snickered and although I was only just joking, he took my words seriously. 

"Seriously", he paused in his tracks,

"Are you that desperate? Can you stop throwing yourself at me?" he cut to the chase, 

"And let me make it clear to you first. I have ZERO interest in you," as he said, he pressed his finger into my right shoulder, causing me to wince in pain.

Stunned by his bluntness, I dropped my gaze to the floor and hooked my thumbs into the pockets of my coat. 

These long years since he had passed have been the toughest and no one ever dared to talk to me about relationships, but did this guy here just brought up the matter of me having feelings for him? I made a sarcastic laugh. 

In spite of that, I managed to force out a smile still when I looked back into his eyes.

"Look y, don't worry. That will never happen,"
"Then stop calling me that,"
"Alright, Jimin,"
"No. Call me, Dr. Park," he corrected.

Shorty. He would have a face of angel if his lips would ever break farther apart. The edge of it is pushed up, right after he pronounced his surname, scrunching one eye of his up. His lips parted a centimeter, making it seductive to many. Yet the faked smile on his pristine face made him appear all too arrogant, like any Casanova.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. Then, holding onto his hand, I dragged him along.

"Fine Dr. Park, but for now, let's just go,"
"Where-", he was resisting me and attempting to yank his hand away from mine again but I held it tighter.

"To meet Joohyeon unnie and the rest, before I hop over to my department and can no longer bother you further,"

---

When I reached the cafeteria with Jimin being unwillingly dragged in by me, the others were already present at the table. However, seated along with them, there was Mr Jung, the patient whom I had attended to during the accident itself and before that at the ward, when they were restraining him. 

"Hi Mr Jung, how are you feeling?", I asked as I finally released Jimin's hand and reached for a chair to sit myself down.

"Good, and it's all thanks to you. Anyway, please Dr. Kim, I told you to call me Hobi,"
"Right, Hobi," I beamed at him,

"And same to you, just address me by Hyunnie will do. I suppose we are good to be friends now eh?"

Seated across the table, Joohyeon joined in the conversation as well, 

"What you did at the ward earlier on was pretty impressive, Hyunnie. Now, will you care to share with me your story? When did you return from America and is Seokjin even aware of this?"
"No, he isn't," I replied her.

"Wait, how is Kim sunbaenim suddenly involved in this?", I can't believe that Yoongi, who was previously knocking off at the tables, was even paying attention to us.

"What?!", Joohyeon widened her eyes, 

"You mean that you guys don't know that she's-"

Right before Joohyeon managed to get those words off , I placed my palm over it quickly and grinned awkwardly at the rest.

"Jin is my senior back at the school I attended, just like unnie here,"

For a reason, I didn't want others to know of my relationship with Jin. Because if that happens, I'm afraid that people might think that I made use of the connections to enter here. 

"Wait, speaking of Jin, where is he? Why don't I see him around?"

"He's called off to Singapore for a meeting," the all silent Jimin finally spoke up and I just nodded my head to acknowledge his answer. 

"Anyway Hyunnie, I heard from them that you just joined this hospital a few hours back, so this is my little gift for you for saving my life," Hobi slid an envelope across the table to me and I cocked my brows at him.

"What's this?"
"See it for yourself doctor,"

Unwinding the strings of the envelope, I found myself staring at an invitation card right after. 

'Dr. Kim's Welcome Party', those words were printed on the invitation card itself and I just stared at Hobi in disbelief.

"Yes, I own a bar and I have reserved a lounge for you. I have gotten my wife, Minah to get everything sorted out, have them printed out and sent over to me just now, so I'm hoping that this is a great surprise for you,"

Unknowingly, I was already flinging my arms in excitement. 

"You bet! I'm more than delighted to have received this! You are so sweet Hobi!" I reached forward to hug him and turning back to face the rest, I asked,

"You guys are coming right?"
"Of course," they all chorused synchronously except for the one who was sitting next to me.

"How about you, Dr. Park?"
"Count me out,"