TWENTY SEVEN

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

"Jeon", T.O.P says with a corporate smile and tightening his grip around Hoseok's neck, he ordered for everyone else to stay back other than Jungkook.

"Ah ah, my neckeu", Hoseok let out a groan as it was hurting and seeing the case, Jungkook took a step forward.

"Leave that dude out of this. You know better than to hurt innocent people,"
"But too bad, I've already hurt two of them, so why not I keep this flow going?"
"CHOI SEUNG HYUN,"

T.O.P smiled like he was at ease, that big wide grin that made him so confident and he said,

"Yeah? Call me all you want, but there's no way you can rewind things,"

With that, he straightened out his revolver at Jungkook, making everyone who was at the scene gasp. But just as he was about to fire, a sudden bag hit him hard on his arm, causing the gun to slip off from his hand. 

"", T.O.P rolled his eyes and cursed out loud.

His eyes darted quick to the figure who was responsible for the act but standing by the door, Jin could only snicker. Tossing his hair back, he narrowed his eyes at T.O.P.

"So you were the one who hurt my sister", he scoffed at him with a pointed finger, 

"And to think that I'm going to let you off easy? Think twice,"

By then, the fluid that had flowed out from the bag was in it's garish red and oblivious to everyone else, Hoseok's face had already took on the pallor of a corpse. His stomach felt sick as he stared hard at the stains on his hand and in the blinking of an eye, he hyperventilated. 

"OHMYGAWD IT'S BLOOD. IT'S BLOOD. SAVE ME! SAVE ME!"

In no time, he was shrieking with his arms up in the air and surprisingly, his force doubled up at that instant, making it possible for him to escape from T.O.P's grip. 

Then, like a carnivore, he pounced on T.O.P, biting hard into his skin as though he was going to rip his flesh out. Searing fiery bursts pulsated around T.O.P's wound, intensifying with each bite, jarring and brutal. He was desperately screaming for his backup but oblivious to him, his crew had long dropped their heads and turned away. 

Thus, taking this opportunity, both Jungkook and Jinyoung immediately hurried over to their side, with one busy separating Hoseok from T.O.P while the other pinning him down.  

"Those bastards", T.O.P hissed under his breath but it was all too late. 

In a well rehearsed motion, Jungkook hooked the handcuff around his wrists and leaned himself towards T.O.P's ear. In a husky voice, he smirked and told him,

"We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils,"

And with that being said, he hoisted T.O.P up by his collar and gestured for Jinyoung to run along with him. 

"Sorry but a little help here, Dr. Kim", Jinyoung turned around looking for Jin to deal with this troublesome patient of his. 

"Right,"

But just then, Taehyung could be seen running and panting towards their direction. 

"Tae, what's up?"

Bending down and leaning his body forward to catch his breath, he finally broke out the news.

"Both Dr. Kim and Dr. Park have been admitted to our hospital. Dr. Park is currently undergoing a surgery while Dr. Kim, they found something wrong with her heart,"

---

PARK JIMIN

The etching sound that lightly danced across the room's window was enough to send my back straight, up like a bold in pitch darkness as a cold sweat washed over my face and chest. It was raining heavily outside and shifting away my blanket, I forced myself to settle out at the edge of the bed.

Upon closer inspection, I realised that I am at the hospital. And, across the room, there laid a tupperware containing some kimbaps on the table and also, a Nintendo DS could be found next to it. By that, I knew that eomma and Ji-woon must have dropped by but they were not the two I was anticipating. Much to my disappointment, after scanning every nook and cranny of the ward, I saw no sign of her. 

Letting out a sigh, I quietly crept down from my bed and pulling the drip along with me, I ambled out of my ward. It was already in the middle of the night but wanting to catch a glimpse of her to make sure that she's alright, I decided to try my luck around the hospital. 

Donghyun couldn't possibly have left me. I knew she cared. 

I made my way down the hallway, not missing any spots but soon, right ahead on a plastic hallway chair sat a child, her legs hanging and swinging back and forth just inches away from the ground. I was mesmerized by the red rubber boots on her feet and the blue duffle coat. Somehow, the kid reminded me of Paddington Bear. However, on close scrutiny, I realised that she was someone familiar whom I knew. 

"Haeyoung-ssi?", I crouched down in front of her and she was surprised to see me.

"Oh, y?"

I laughed heartily at her words as she reminded me so much of Donghyun but getting back on track, I asked while eyeing her outfit suspiciously. 

"What are you doing here? And why are you all wet?"

With her lips set in a pout, she kicked her boots out of her feet and sighed hard. 

"I was playing in the rain but I got caught by that ahjusshi", she turned her head and fixed her gaze at the room next to us,

"And he told me to wait here first before he brings me back to my ward,"

Haeyoung leaned her body slightly towards me and then, she whispered into my ears,

"But, I just heard of a bad news,"

I raised my eyebrow at her,

"What?"
"They are planning on sending pretty unnie away,"

My face fell faster than a loaf removed from the oven when I heard her. And instantly, I got up on my feet and paced up and down outside that room. Eventually, I recognized it to be Seokjin's office and meaning no harm, I opened the door slightly to peep inside. Squinting my eyes, I saw another shadow in about his sixties in a heated argument with Jin. 

"Appa, I told you to leave Hyunnie alone. She's old enough to make her own plans-,"
"Andwae, I will talk to the director soon and get her out of this hospital quick. Remember, she's not supposed to be here in the first place!"
"But appa-"

"Don't start this again my son. You jolly well know that this concerns Hyunnie's health", as he said, he removed his glasses and massaged the bridge of his nose,

"Seokjin-ah, see what she've gotten herself into today... As a doctor, she's lying on that bed herself! Do you still think that she's fit enough to be a doctor?"

The ahjusshi's words were harsh but his points slashed Jin's arguments one by one. Before closing the door, I saw Jin dropping his head onto the ground in defeat while replying the man softly,

"Fine. I will try to talk to her about it when she wakes up,"

"y?"

Suddenly, I felt Haeyoung tugging onto the hem of my shirt. 

"Do you think that you can stop this from happening?", she asked as tears welled up in her eyes. 

"I don't know. I really don't know", I replied her and that was when the door of the room opened. 

At the sight of the ahjusshi, Haeyoung frowned. She didn't like that former doctor. He was thin and ginger, that's all she needed to know. 

"You, it's time to head back to your ward,"

His voice came out like he had a grass reed for a tongue and he was too skinny. He walked like his legs were stilts with a hinge at the knees. And when he spoke, she only stared at his head.

Too small, she thought. He can't get much of a brain in there. 

"Yeah yeah, anyway, see you around y!"

Despite so, Haeyoung followed his steps as she waved goodbye to me. I waved back but as I turned my body around, I saw Seokjin already standing in front of me. 

"How much have you heard?", he asked.

---

After a few groans, her eyes gradually fluttered open and she was greeted by a few familiar faces. She tried sitting up but the male was quick enough to run over to her side to aid her.

"Here, let me help you up. Cheoncheonhi", he said to her as he slid a pillow vertically underneath her back. 

"Appa, how is Myungsoo doing?", that was her first question to him and it already got him all frozen up.  

For a moment, he didn't know how to reply her and this caused her to gain suspicions.

"Is there something wrong with him? I want to visit him now,"

Agitated, she slid the blanket off from her feet and attempted to scoot out of bed but the wound on her chest refrained her from doing so. 

"Andwae-ah Hyunnie", Dr. Kim yelled and quickly, he supported her back to her original position. 

Mrs Kim, who was standing next to him held a solemn look on her face all the while and placing her hand on her husband's shoulder, she uttered, 

"Yeobo, say something,"

He swallowed his saliva in the process and lifting his head up to face his beloved daughter, he eventually decided on telling a white lie. 

"Myungsoo is doing fine. He just need some rest like you do now,"
"I don't believe you,"

There was a short silence in the room before Dr. Kim spoke again.

"He's in Ward 625. I will bring you there to visit him once you are doing better,"

However, as soon as the Kim family left the ward in the night, Donghyun couldn't fall asleep at all. Leaning against the bedpost and trying to read herself to sleep, she happened to notice a small figure creeping into her ward suspiciously.

"Yah-"

"Shhh", the little boy cupped quickly, preventing her from making any noise. 

Then, once he had ensure that the coast was clear, he sat himself comfortably on Donghyun's bed and smiled cheekily at her. 

"Hi noona,"

"Hi", she smiled weirdly at him.

"Just what are you doing here, little kiddo?"
"My name's Yugyeom. I always do this when I'm bored so do you happen to have anything you might want me to do for you, noona?"

A thought, as swift as a sunbird winged through her head. Grabbing a piece of paper from the desk, she scribbled something onto the paper and handed it to the boy. 

"Yugyeom-ssi, do you mind passing this letter to Kim Myungsoo of Ward 625?"

Cutely, the boy jumped off from the bed and saluted to her. 

"Your wish is my command,"

With that, he went right on his mission but just after a few minutes, he returned, still with the letter hanging off from his hand. 

"N-noona", he panted,

"I can't find the hyung you were looking for. His bed was empty,"

---

KIM DONGHYUN

My dream ended abruptly as I was shaken back into reality. My eyes opened, my eyelashes faintly batting against my lids when I blinked. I laid on the bed, debating whether or not I should get up. My muscles felt weak, just like my energy. 

But letting out an exasperated sigh,  I rolled off from the dirty-green coloured bed I had been occupying. 

What time was it? How long had I been asleep? How is Jimin?

All of these questions shot through my mind as I scrambled out of the room in a hurry in search of Jimin's presence. I headed over to the counter, asking the nurses for directions to Jimin's ward but when I got there finally, my heart sank. 

I stepped in fearfully, my eyes fixed on the empty bed, with the sign 'Park Jimin' hanging above it. Slowly, I let my fingers trail his bedsheets and unconsciously, hot tears came running down my face, each one carving furrows on my cheeks. The thought of him leaving my world frightened me but thankfully, his voice which soon came ringing in my ears made me heave a sigh of relief. 

"Hyunnie?"

Jimin's face came from the shadows, craggy features suspended between grief and joy. Seconds passed and my brain was still taking him in, struggling to comprehend that he isn't one of the pictures I kept in my mind, that he is real. My brain couldn't formulate a thought, at least not one based in any language, and if I don't touch him soon, my atoms will tear themselves apart. 

"I thought I have lost you,"

Running towards him, I held him into a tight embrace and cried into his shirt. His hand momentarily reached towards my back and he gave me a few soothing pats.

"Hello, I am the man you want,"

He seemed unsure of what he had just done and had a nebulous expression on his face, but this dorky expression of his managed to crack me up. After leaning away from him, I suddenly bend in to cover his lips with a kiss. 

"What's this for?"

He answered vaguely, then seemed to be thinking about something. 

"Must there be an explanation to this?", I asked. 

However, darkness clouds his features for a split second, though I can't place why. Then, I saw him in a deep breath before he looked me in the eyes and asked with a straight face,

"Do even fake relationships foster this kind of sheer desperation?"