FOURTEEN

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

PARK JIMIN

Realisation of what I had just said caused my words to become caught in my throat. I looked up to find both Joohyeon and Seokjin staring at me in bewilderment. I felt the heat rising to my cheeks and prayed that it wasn’t noticeable. I coughed and then pushed my fringe back behind my forehead, even though it was already neatly centre parted.

"I..."

"It's just a small misunderstanding anyway," a voice sounded from the back just then and as I turned around, I saw Yoongi and Namjoon standing by the door. 

"Sunbaenim, we didn't know that you were Dr. Kim's brother," explained Namjoon whereas Yoongi quickly went over to me and pulled me over to his side. 

"Thought that you were a third wheeler instead, so we kind of convinced Dr. Park to take action and conveniently, you ended up seeing Joohyeon sunbaenim, so...." Yoongi shrugged his shoulders while Namjoon continued on for him,

"You can't blame Dr. Park entirely for his rash behaviour,"
"In actual fact, he was just trying to protect your sister,"

They made it sound so simple and convincing but not known to all, the two were actually making up impromptu stories interchangeably. Those were entirely false, just that I wasn't in the mood nor have I have the energy to correct them. I had my head hung low all the while but soon, I felt both of them elbowing me from the sides. 

"Now, bow down to your future brother-in-law," Namjoon instructed. 

Then, securing me by my arms and forcefully bending my trunk forward, the two placed me in a ninety degree bow. 

"Hyung, jalmoshaessseubnida," 

They apologized on my behalf and before I could say anything else, they lifted me up from the ground and carried me out of the office right away. 

Shortly after, we were back at one of the On Call room where they causally tossed me onto the bed. 

"Woah, that was a close shave," Namjoon had his hand placed against his chest whereas Yoongi sprung right onto the bed next to me. 

"Look dude, we did our part for today so as for the rest, you've got to settle it by yourself," Yoongi yawned and just within the first few seconds, he fell into a deep slumber. 

Taking a glance at him, I let out a deep sigh. 

This dynamic duo have just made things worse for me, if they don't already know. 

However, just as I was massaging my temples and thinking of a way out, Namjoon cleared his throat and came over to my side. 

"Jimin-ah, there's no way escaping now," he snickered,

"It seems like you and Dr. Kim are just destined to be together,"

"Now, enough there hyung. I don't need to hear this," I raised my palm up at him and covered my ears subsequently after but he brought it down.

"You've got to listen here. Now, close your eyes,"
"What?"
"Just do it,"

I shut my eyes tight.

"Imagine," he soon started narrating,

"If you were to let Kim sunbaenim know that you are not Dr. Kim's boyfriend and that you really like Joohyeon sunbaenim, what would have happened just now?"

I pressed my eyes together and thought hard. Images of Seokjin sending me punches in the face were pictured and shocked, I immediately opened my eyes wide.

"I see that you saw something," Namjoon chuckled,

"But that's not the end. Close your eyes once more, Jimin-ie,"

I rolled my eyes and glared at him instead. 

"I swear. This will be the last,"

He walked in circles around me and when I finally heeded to his advice, he said again,

"Alright. Now, imagine you are in the same operating theatre with Kim sunbaenim and if we didn't make up that lie earlier on, what will happen?"

The dim lights of the section separating me from the operating theatre first came into view. It wasn't as vivid but when screeching sounds were heard, I felt as though I was the one being wheeled into the room. I tried moving but to no avail. And it was then, bright, blinding lights flashed across my eyes. Gradually, as I got more accustomed to it, I could make out a shadow standing right beside me. 

"Dr. Bae, scalpel," he instructed his assistant and slowly as he came into my view, I was beyond shocked.

On his face, Seokjin was wearing this sinister smile and as he leaned in closer and closer to me, he let the scalpel sparkle in the bright light before he let out a laugh. 

"Park, take this,"

The next moment, he drove the scalpel into my abdomen, making me jump in fright.

"," I shot up from my seat and fortunately, Namjoon caught me just in time before I fell off from the bed.

"Woah, take it easy dude. I don't exactly know what went through that mind of yours but I sure hope you got what I meant now," he snapped his fingers in front my eyes. 

Nodding my head at him, I then asked,

"So, what do I do now?"

He broke into a smile.

"Simple, get Dr. Kim over to your side. Which means, make her your real girlfriend,"
"Are you crazy?"

"And you saying this to a guy with an IQ of 148?", he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Trust me," he gave me a reassuring pat on my shoulder, 

"By the way, you might wanna check that. It has been ringing since just now," 

I let my eyes follow the direction his head was jerking at, only to find that there was an incoming call.

Park Ji-woon, the screen read.

---

KIM DONGHYUN

"," I heard Jungkook cursed.

"But, thanks for the information," he then said to Officer Park before ending the call. 

From where I stood, I studied his expression and saw how it changed in the matter of seconds. From a look of despair to a form of insecurity and anxiety which was surging through his body now. 

As he paced back and forth in front of the dead body, all he could do was to hit himself nonstop on his head.

"Jungkook-ssi, stop it! I say stop it," I held onto his wrist and prevented him from inflicting harm to himself. 

"Come with me," 

---

As I recognized that the area was just around my apartment, I led Jungkook to the nearby park where I would usually have my morning jogs and sat him on the bench. 

Leaving him alone to calm down for a moment, I headed to one side, called up the ambulance and police, before grabbing some snacks and drinks from the convenience store and returning to his side. 

"Here, drink up," I handed the binggrae banana milk to him and sat down by his side. 

As I was taking a sip from my straw, he suddenly spoke up while having his eyes still staring out at the front, 

"Wang Jackson, he was the best mate I made during my time there,"

"There?" I gave him a questionable look to which he finally met my gaze.

"I was an undercover for a year," he explained and my mouth gaped open at the news.

"My main mission during that point in time was to catch the biggest mastermind behind all drug activities in South Korea, and that would be T.O.P,"

My ears rang at that name.

"The one that got bailed out this morning?" 

"Yes", he blinked his eyes sadly.

"However, halfway through the mission, my identity was uncovered by Jackson, but he didn't blow me up. Instead, he helped me. We worked together to gather enough evidence to put T.O.P behind the bars, but now, it seems like our efforts are all wasted,"

Jungkook crushed the empty milk carton in his hand, 

"And now, he's dead too,"

I let my hand drift down to his back and pulled him closer to me. Ruffling his hair, I whispered softly into his ears,

"Jungkook-ssi, he may be dead but he will always stay in your heart. Don't forget, he's our savior," I withdrew from him and placed my hands on his shoulders. 

Jungkook looked at me with a grateful smile but his face fell again when he noticed the small fresh scratch I had on my hand.

Holding my hand in his, he apologized profusely, 

"Donghyun-ssi, I'm so sorry that I've to put you through this and our date was kind of screwed up for today,"

"It's alright," I smiled back at him,

"We can always find another day to make up for today,"

"Eh?", he widened his eyes at me.

"Hmm?"
"You m-mean you don't mind going out with me again?"

"Why not?", I laughed.

"I placed you in a dangerous situation,"
"Oh no you didn't. I felt safe in your arms, Officer Jeon," 

Placing my hand at the side of my forehead comically, I saluted him. His lips lifted upwards and finally, I felt at ease. 

"Let's go, I will walk you home," Jungkook stood up from the bench.

"It's okay. For your information, my apartment is just up at the front, so I can manage it on my own," I reassured him as he glanced weirdly at the block I have pointed out. 

"In fact, you should hurry home and get some rest yourself. Bye,"

With that, I secured the plastic bag with the remaining snacks and drinks into his hand before waving him goodbye. 

However, just minutes into being left alone, footsteps could be heard tailing behind me. On top of that, as I have yet to recover from the shock previously, I was freaking worried that it could be one of those guys again, seeking for revenge on the attack I placed on their leader. 

Quickening my pace, I hurried into the building when a hand grabbed onto my wrist and stopped me.

"YAHHHHHH," I screamed out loud but he quickly covered my mouth with his hand.

"Donghyun-ssi, it's just me,"

When I recovered from my wits, I realised that it was Jungkook.

"What are you doing here? I thought I told you to go home?"
"Yup, I am,"

I frowned at his words whereas he only gave me a cheeky grin.

"Wait, don't tell me you-"
"I live here, Princess,"

I covered my mouth with plain shock and just as I was about to say something, someone else cut in to my words,

"Oh, noona?"

I whipped my head around instantly and to my surprise, I saw Ji-woon entering the building as well with bags of groceries in his hands and beside him, there stood Park Jimin.