ELEVEN

Call me, Dr. Park (BTS JIMIN FANFIC)

PARK JIMIN

For the rest of the day, I didn't get to meet anyone else besides my patients and the ER team as the day was really busy. It was only until the next morning when I stepped into the locker room that I met her again.

As I just woke up from my sleep, I was still a little daze that I ended up colliding into something which was in my way. Feeling for the object, it felt soft, like a water balloon but not knowing what it was, I tried to find my way past it. My heart almost burst out of my chest at the sudden voice from up front.

"y, just what are you trying to do to me?" 

I looked up to face the owner of the voice and when I realized where my hands were actually positioned at, I let out a gasp.

Donghyun stared at me blankly but she soon broke into a snicker as she slowly lifted my hand off from her and gently letting it go. I could just imagine the sparks in her brain, desperately trying to connect the dots, causing a short circuit. She looked like a pop-eyed toy from one of those claw machines at the fun fair - Perfectly funny, but I was ashamed of myself. 

I attempted to get past her, desperately hoping that the ground would open and swallow me up but no matter where I go, she would head towards the same direction to block me out.

"Don't do this to me, Dr. Kim,"
"And just what have I done?"
"I'm sorry. Just leave me alone,"
"Wait," she halted in her steps and studied me from under my face,

"Are you blushing, Dr. Park?"

Though legally, I have just assaulted her, she was still sipping to her banana milk nonchalantly, looking completely composed as she always does. For a moment, she just stood there, laughing at my silly action, but when her eyes found the way to the bag she was carrying in her other hand, she lifted it up, slid the handle into my wrist and said to me,

"Anyway, I just wanted to return you this. And all thanks to you, I got my new pencil. We are equal now," 

With that being said, she flashed me a wink before she waved and made her way out of the room. But, her head popped back in seconds later.

"And don't worry y. I have short term memory. Don't take it to heart,"

, I cursed just as she left. It would have been better if she hadn't mention that.

---

"Dr Kim, the patient's vital signs are dropping drastically," Taehyung announced.

Seokjin studied the monitor screen carefully with his fingers pressed under his chin. Everyone else in the room held their breath and they could all make out the intense beeping of the ECG machine. 

"We can't let the patient go flat on us," he said,

"Dr. Park, suction,"
"Yes,"

I hurried over to the patient's side and drew an incision into his trachea immediately. Then, attaching the tube into the artificial airway, I attempted on removing the secretions. Once, twice, thrice. There was no sign of liquid flowing out.

"Dr. Kim, it's not working," I turned back to face him.

"The line's flat," Taehyung, at one corner alerted us.

","

Seokjin inhaled a deep breath. 

"Dr. Bae, get the defibrillator,"

All eyes were on her now but shockingly, Joohyeon just stood there, totally not into the situation.

"BAE JOOHYEON," Seokjin yelled out loud and it was only then she snapped back into reality. 

"Wae?"
"This," 

During that time, I had reached over for the AED. I handed her with it and gestured for her to pass it to Seokjin, quick. 

He gave her a stern glare and taking it over from her hands, he asked everyone else to step aside. 

"ONE, TWO, THREE, CLEAR..."

---

"Bae Joohyeon. You, come with me," 

As soon as the situation tamed, I saw Seokjin compulsively grabbing Joohyeon's arm, pulling her along with him. 

"Dr. Park, the nurses will take over from here. You may leave now," Taehyung told me and out of curiousity, I decided to tail behind the two. 

They disappeared into a vacant room and finally letting go of her arm, Seokjin let her slump down onto the bed before he began shouting at her. 

"BAE JOOHYEON! WERE YOU IN THE RIGHT MIND?"

Joohyeon shot up at his sudden yelling and tugging onto his arm, she tried pleading to him.

"Sunbaenim, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made a mistake like that. I was j-just not f-focused in what I was doing..."

"ARE YOU AWARE THAT YOU COULD HAVE COST A LIVE? IF JIMIN WASN'T THERE, WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN THE COURSE OF A SECOND OR SO?!" He flung her arms away agitatedly, running his fingers through his hair in the process.

"Jin..."
"Joohyeon. Honestly speaking, do you think you have what it takes to be a doctor?" 

Her body remained stiff at his unexpected question. 

"Think it through carefully. And make sure you drop your reflection sheet on my table before you leave tonight," 

Leaving her with those words, he turned swiftly and left the room. Before he could see me, I hid behind one of the pillars until I saw him disappearing down the corridors. Then, peeping back into the room, I saw Joohyeon leaning her cheek against the table as she stared blankly into space.

First, her nose grew very red at the tip. Then, her small mouth screwed itself around by her left ear. Gradually, her round face wrinkled till it resembled a withered crabapple and finally, if one listened intently and watched closely, one could hear small sniffs and see two infinitesimal drops of water flowing out from the nearly closed and wrinkled eyes.

Without any hesitation, I barged into the room and held her in my arms. 

"Irene sunbaenim,"
"Jimin,"

She looked at me with that same disappointed face she'd given me a million times whenever she's sad and I'm there with her. As I tightened my grip around her, I felt a stinging sensation in my nose, causing my throat to tighten as well. 

"Cry, cry it all out,"

---

KIM DONGHYUN

Twelve hours have passed and now, my shift finally ended. Rolling back my shoulders and walking towards the locker room to get changed, I held my phone out of my pocket to check for any recent messages to keep up with.

Two notifications popped up and I noticed that one was from Jin while the other was from an unknown number. I clicked in to the unknown number first. 

kookie97: Hi Donghyun! It's Jungkook here. This is my number ^^

My face lit up into a smile and immediately, I replied him.

hyunnie: well hello kookie, what's up? :P

It didn't take him long to reply me.

kookie97: are you free right now? 
hyunnie: yes. why? 
kookie97: the date? can we do it later? I just ended my case
hyunnie: sure. I don't see why not ;) 
kookie97: cool! how about I see you outside the hospital in 30mins time? Cool with you? :D 
hyunnie: no prob! See ya! 
kookie97: <3

After which, I clicked on the one Jin had sent me. 

pinkprincess: hyunnie. Do you mind checking up on Joohyeon for me? I think I was rather harsh on her earlier on

Sliding my phone into my pocket, I shook my head briefly and let out a heavy sigh. 

So, here it begins, again. It had happened back during college days and whenever it comes to Joohyeon and Jin, I realised that I'm always their mediator. The two would always bicker but when questioned, they will claim that there's nothing going on between them, which I fail to believe. The way the two look into each other's eyes, it just states the opposite. 

Anyway, taking Jin's words, I ambled along the corridor in search of Joohyeon's presence in no time. 

As I took a few strides forward, my ears were sharp enough to catch someone crying right ahead. 

I followed the sound of the sobs. When I stopped at a door in front of me, I tiptoed and saw through the small window that Jimin was sitting on the ground right next to Joohyeon. He was following her gaze to the ground, saying nothing. And after a short while, she wiped her nose with her sleeve and glanced his way. 

"I'm always nothing to him. Always, but Jimin, why do you even bother?" 

I saw him gulped but as he took in a deep breath, he held her hands in his.

"Irene sunbaenim, he didn't mean it. I'm sure Kim sunbaenim only said that out of anger,"

Joohyeon's sobs had ebbed to a trickle and she looked at Jimin's hand on top of hers. He gave it a gentle squeeze and then making up my mind, I decided that it's time for me to make my entrance. 

Turning the doorknob and letting myself into the room, I strode towards Jimin without hesitation and taking him by his arm, I said to Joohyeon,

"Sorry, mind if I take him with me?"
"What the , let go-"
"PARK JIMIN,"

And that was the first time I called out his name in such a tone.