The Park Family

War of Hormone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae POV

I walked into my room before slumping onto my bed. I sighed to myself as I thought about today.

I looked at the bag. Curiously, I peeped inside to see a box wrapped up. Opening it up, my eyes widened as I saw the beautiful dress (maybe like the one below?) There was a note too.

Wear this and come outside. I'll be waiting.

Am I doing the right thing? A part of me told me to stop but the other half told me to go.

Fighting mentally with myself, I finally decided to go. I really can't say no.

I freshened up before putting on the dress and did my hair and make up. I grabbed my purse and was just about to leave when I heard ahjumma's voice.

"Jae dear?"

"Yes ahjumma." I said my back facing her.

"Where are you going? You just came back!"

"I...I'm going out with my friends." I turned to face her.

"Oh okay. But how did the interview go?"

"It went well."

"That's good. I knew you would do it!" She smiled and I smiled back.

"Ahjumma, I'll get going." I turned towards the door.

"Jae?"

"Hmm."

"Take care okay?"

I bit my lip as I held back my tears. I couldn't help but feel guilty. I've lost count of how many times I've lied to her and I really don't want to lie to her anymore. But I have to. I can't tell her that unnie's hospital fees aren't sorted yet. And I can't tell her that...that I'm borrowing money from Jimin. Even she knows how BTS is really like and I can't imagine how she'll react once she finds out.

"I will."

I walked outside to see a man in a suite leaning against his car. Jimin. He looked up at me as I nervously walked towards him, my eyes fixed to the ground.

"Wow." He whispered to himself.

I stayed silent as he stared at me. I cleared my throat.

"Uh...you...uh look so se..." He hesitated. "Beautiful." I could feel my cheeks heat up.

I sighed. "Jimin I can't do this. I can't lie to her." Was the only words I could say. It was too difficult for me.

"But you're doing it for your sister aren't you?" I nodded unable to look at him. He suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"Don't worry Jae. You've got me." He said as he kissed my forehead. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" I asked as he started the car.

"I got a text from appa saying that he organized a birthday party for eomma."

"Oh. But why am I going?" I asked confused.

"To keep me company. And cause you're my girlfriend."

"To keep company? But..."

"The party is appa's chance to make more money. Hyung will be busy trying to show off and get drunk. And eomma will be busy in keeping the guests comfortable. So I need you." He said as he drove. "And so that eomma could meet you. Is that okay?"

"That's okay but why didn't you tell me before? And why did you buy the dress? I could've..."

"Because I wanted to thank you for accompanying me tonight. And cause I knew the dress would look good on you. Do you like it?" I nodded. "See Jimin's choice is always the best!" He smiled.

"It's beautiful."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter