Could This Day Get Any Worse??

War of Hormone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae's POV

*Next Day*

I quickly dressed my self to go to work.

"Bye ahjumma!" I waved goodbye to her as I walked out to greet myself with the fresh, cool morning air.

As I walked to the shop, I heard a car horn at me. I looked towards the driver and noticed that it was Alexia's mum. She opened the window.

"Hey Jae dear! It's been a long time!"

"Hello aun...Ma'am!" I said remembering that she only liked to be called ma'am.

"Are you going to work?" I nodded as a response. "Then I'll drop you off."

"No ma'am, please don't trouble yourself."

"No dear, I'm heading that way anyways." I nodded and got into the car. She was really sweet today. Maybe a bit too sweet?

"So Jae, I've found out that Alexia's been helping you."

"Y..yes."

"Honestly, ever since she befriended you she's changed a lot. Talking back to her parents, refusing our orders. It's unbelievable!" She chuckled. I looked toward my hands as she carried on. She really hated me. "She's even started to hide things from us and lying? She never used to do that."

"I..." She cut me off.

"No Jae, it's getting a bit out of hand now but I won't let you ruin her life. Ordering her to go with you somewhere or...ordering her to give you money." I knew this would happen someday.

"No ma'am, I..."

"Everyone has money problems sometimes, but you can't tell people what to do! Perhaps you threatened her or..."

"No ma'am, I've never done such a thing and I will never do it. And I didn't tell her to give me money. Alexia's my best friend. And I would never do something to hurt her. I don't want to lose her."

"Lose her? See, you need her and so you keep manipulating her to do whatever you want!"

"That's not what I mean..."

"I want you to give back the money you took!"

"But..."

"Now!"

"Only on one condition." I answered.

"Condition? You shameless girl! First you take money from us and in return you have a condition!?"

"Look ma'am, Alexia has never felt any love from her parents. She comes to my house crying. And I really can not see her this way. She deserves to be loved." Tears filled my eyes as I remembered the amount of times Alexia had come to me crying. "She has a dream, and she needs support from her parents. Please, support her, and love her. If you do this, I'll return the money."

"Fine. I agree to your condition." I took out the envelope from my bag and handed it over to her. We had arrived at the shop ages ago and she had parked outside it.

"Thank you for accepting and for the ride." I got out of the car. I was thankful that Alexia's mum had agreed but I really hoped that she'd keep her words.

I entered the shop and to my shocking surprise, I saw a familiar girl behind the counter.

"Rachel?" She looked towards me with a smile. Since when did she work here?

I shrugged it off and walked towards the staff room when the manager suddenly came in front of the door.

"Goodmorning, sir." He didn't reply instead he look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter