Performances

Academia Magica: School of Magic and Love

(Hyunseung’s POV)

“Sir.” The professors bowed to me slightly when they saw me approaching.

I simply bowed back, and absorbed in the sight in front of me. The tables filled of food were being ‘invaded’ by the students and professors. All of them carried a genuine smile, and this melted my heart. It’s nice seeing all of them getting along.

I approached the mini stage set up just now, and towards the microphone. As you can see, I don’t really like using my magic just for something trivial as this.

“Professors and students who are all here, I thank you for attending this freshman ceremony. This is the day for celebration where students who are here entered the academy for the first day. I believe the students here should have no problem interacting with new people, especially the professors and classmates whom you will be spending most of the time with. As the professors explained in their briefings just now, there will be a magic combat held 5 months later. Students please do not worry. The professors will help you to their best of their abilities. Now, let us enjoy this ceremony.”

The audience clapped after my little speech, and after that settled themselves at the seats located in front of the stage.

(Minho’s POV)

Yawns.

I’m bored.

Isn’t there anything else to do besides watching this dull ceremony?

Hmmm, maybe I should observe the students, and see which of them could rival my strength.

And thus, began my ‘observation’ by my keen eyes.

(Yoseob’s POV)

Ah… I’m too full to run to find Kikwang, Dongwoon and Taemin. Maybe I will just take a random seat and rest before finding them.

“Now, we shall watch a short video clip on the history of the academy. Mr. Kyuhyun, if you please.”

A young good-looking professor walked up front confidently, his hair tousled in a messy but cute manner and his eyes twinkled with love.

I wonder what happened to him before that made him looked so love struck.

He whispered softly, his lips barely touching, “Ostendeo.”

A magic circle appeared out of nowhere, and it sparkled with vibrant colours. The circle was accompanied by a few other smaller magic circles, each of different colour. The main circle grew bigger and bigger, until it reached a certain size then it stopped. Then, within the circle slowly showed the ‘video clip’, the history of the academy.

After a good ten minutes or so, the clip ended majestically, and the circles faded into the background. Mr. Kyuhyun took his leave, and left the stage.

“Next on, are some of the magic performances by the professors themselves. Without another word, let’s first welcome Mr. Junhyung!”

The colleague of Doojoon whom I met earlier stepped up. He slightly smiled before showing his magic skills.

“I, whom am the master of thou, hereby summon thou to make thy appearance. Ostende te, Ignem Serpentes.”

With his command, surrounding flames rushed over to his side, and took up the shape of snakes, seeming to protect him from whatever dangerous existence.

All the students under the stage admired him in awe, their mouths forming an ‘o’ shape. Everybody started clapping loudly, giving Mr. Junhyung the appreciation of him showing his magic skills.

Mr. Junhyung simply bowed, and with a snap of a finger, the flames flew above the audience’s heads, missing the hairs purposely by a few inches. And with another snap, the flames flew up and combined as one, and formed a large cobra.

The fire cobra opened his mouth, revealing its sharp and dangerous fangs, which were now dripping with little drops of fire, which supposedly was the venom.

“Sssss…” The fire cobra hissed, sending daggers to whoever was a threat to its master.

Some students in turn shivered in fear, and a low chuckle was heard from Mr. Junhyung. To diminish the fear of the students, he snapped his fingers again, and this time, and the fire cobra separated into its original flames and returned back to their positions.

Mr. Junhyung bowed slightly again, and off he went down the stage.

The performances continued on with other professors, but who wasn’t the form professors of each class. Finally the host exclaimed, “Now, this is the last performance, which is by Mr. Doojoon!”

 

Another chapter up. Comment and subscribe. Don't be a silent reader, I need the comments for motivation. Wait for the next chapter then, Ciao.