The Other Side Part 1

Academia Magica: School of Magic and Love

(Yoseob's POV)

We gasped at each other in shock, who knows that we are even in the same class! We smiled at each other before making our way to our new classroom, Aeris.

When we settled down, lots of unfamiliar faces surrounded us, chattering away excitedly. All of a sudden, the class had become silent, and all of them were facing the entrance of the classroom where we just entered.

At the door, there stood the professor I had just met. His eyes scanned through the room, before landing on me. I held my breath unconsciously, and I quickly broke off the intense eye contact, my cheeks now flushed pink.

In the corner of my eye, he just raised his eyebrow in response and walked to the front of the classroom. He placed his hands on the ebony brown table, and briefly introduced himself.

“Welcome to Aeris, I will be your form professor from now on. Name’s Doojoon. Please do not add in a ‘Mr.’ in front, I don’t like that. I don’t have any class rules, but I have one expectation from you guys—” He raised one finger in mid air and looked at us with a mischievous smile.

“Beat the other classes in the upcoming magic combat.”

All the students looked at him, confused. What? An upcoming magic combat? But this is only our first day! Talk about pressure…

Doojoon cleared his throat, and explained, “I know that this is only your first day, and are struggling with all the new information. Don’t worry; the magic combat will not take place until 5 months later. You have plenty of time to work on your skills. Now you can mingle with your classmates or with students assigned to other classes. I believe after 15 minutes at most, they will be released by their professors too. See you later then at the freshman ceremony.”

He waved his hand and left the classroom, leaving the students behind to absorb all the information. Kikwang turned to me and chuckled, “Wow that was one brief introduction. He doesn’t like to waste time eh? Come on, let’s explore the other classes.”

He dragged me out of the classroom, and proceeded to check the directory for the other classrooms using the student handbook.

“Hmmm, let’s see… The one closest to our classroom is Glacie, off we go then!”

(Taemin’s POV)

Wow…A magic combat? I hope I won’t make a fool of myself at that time then…

I was just dismissed by Mr. Kyuhyun, our class professor, and was walking aimlessly down the hallway.

Hmmm, Mr. Kyuhyun seems like a nice guy, and practically everyone in class were ogling and going gaga over his looks. But, he had just dropped a bomb saying there will be a magic combat… I’m not sure if my magic skills are even comparable to my classmates…

I sighed inwardly, not noticing there were two male students walking towards my way, conversing with each other deeply. BUMP! We knocked into one another and ended up sprawled on the ground.

What the hell…? I groaned with pain, my rear suffering from the impact. I looked up, annoyed. The two students were also clutching their backsides, face scrunched up in pain.

One of the two, whose hair was dark blonde, got up and helped me up. His eyes showed concern and guilt, and he kept apologizing when I was up on my feet.

“It’s okay, I’m alright. What about you?” I tugged my lips up a little, just to be polite.

“I’m alright too! Kikwang?” He turned towards the other male who was now standing up. He gave us a goofy grin, indicating that he was fine too.

“Are you from Glacie?” The guy whose name was Kikwang asked.

I nodded meekly, and in turn the blonde haired guy answered, “We are from Aeris! We decided to check out other classrooms, but we bumped into you first. Sorry about that.” He scratched his head absentmindedly before continuing, “I’m Yoseob, and this is Kikwang. What’s your name? Let’s be friends!”

“…Taemin…”

After the normal introductions, there was an announcement: “Students who are attending the freshman ceremony, please now proceed to the open field indicated in your student handbook. The ceremony will begin in 20 minutes’ time. Meanwhile you can get your refreshments at the chosen venue.”

“Let’s go then~” Yoseob grabbed our hands and began to pull us to the designated place.

 

Heh, another chapter up. :) As the title says, the next chapter will also contain some other characters' point of view. Look forward to it~ Remember to comment and subscribe~ XD Well, wait for my next chapter, Ciao~ ^^