Critical Condition

Academia Magica: School of Magic and Love

(Eunhyuk’s POV)

“Donghae, are you sure you don’t need to go to the infirmary?”

“Hahaha, I’m fine, I’m fine. See, I can walk proper---Ah!”

Thanks to my quick reflexes, I managed to rescue the clumsy and stubborn Donghae before he fall down and landed on his .

“Wow, thanks!” My gawd, he’s injured like that, and still have the mood to crack some jokes?

I eyed him suspiciously, I mean it’s because why he didn’t want to go to the infirmary. We are at our room, which luckily was not destroyed by the attack just now. Just a few things that toppled over.

“Oh Eunhyuk! Don’t be like that! I’m seriously completely fine! I’m just a little bit dizzy with the blood loss.”

“Fine?! Don’t tell me walking around with a big wound like that on your shoulder is called fine!” I pointed to the big slash that is oozing blood out non-stop.

I actually feel guilty too, I had let my guard down a little as I was still couldn’t overcome the initial shock of the attack. It was Donghae who protected me from the black man’s attack, otherwise, the one sitting down on the floor panting would be me.

I squatted down beside him and sulked, eyes pleading for him to go to the infirmary to request for medical assistance. Donghae looked uncomfortable and unstable with his resolve after seeing me, and finally he was won over by me.

“Okay, I will go, but only after for a while. You know the situation inside the infirmary.” Donghae placed his head softly onto my shoulder, resting.

I sighed, the infirmary is chaotic. Although there were students who volunteered to help out, there were still not enough helpers. Given the condition both of us are in, we have no power to help them.

“...Okay, but only for a while!” I his pale cheeks with my thumb.

I wonder if he could manage to wait until then...

(Taemin’s POV)

“Taemin, can you help to ask the Vice Headmaster to come down here to help out? We desperately need his help for healing the students. I think he should be at his office, near the Headmaster’s.” One of the doctors called out to me.

“Oh, okay.” I washed my hands and ran out to find the office. But being only here at the academy for a few days, I’m not really familiar with the directions.

I roamed about to try my luck to see if I can bump into someone that knows the places here, but the further I went, it seems that I was headed towards an unknown place.

Such bad luck when I forgot to bring my student handbook with me this morning.

I was going to turn back and find my room when I heard soft panting sounds coming from a room just towards my further right.

Being a scaredy cat, I was going to ignore the voices, but I stopped when I heard a pained sound.

“Nngh!”

Beads of cold sweat dripped down my cheeks as I debated whether to go into the room. Guessing there was no harm in it, I found myself inching closer and closer to the room. For caution, I called out, “Erm hello? Is there anybody?”

More heavy breathing.

“Don’t come in!”

I flinched in surprise, but the stubborn me wouldn’t budge. I took even bigger strides towards the room and found myself face to face with the mysterious guy that kept staring at me.

He looked at me with his face scrunched up in pain, his hand holding onto a wound at his upper left arm that was bleeding profusely.

Instinctively I shouted, “What are you doing around in this state?! You should have come to the infirmary immediately!”

I ran towards him and dropped to my knees as I examined his injury. It was serious.

“I...I didn’t want to...trouble you...”

“Eh?” I glanced at him, eye to eye. Sizzling mini electric shocks filling my entire existence as we stared at each other.

”What-What are you talking about! Don’t be silly.” I quickly averted my eyes away and tore a piece of cloth from my shirt. If I was just a little bit slow to turn away my eyes, I’m going to be in by his soulful eyes.

I could feel his eyes on me the whole time I was trying my best to treat his wound. I tied the cloth around his left arm, and earned a pained response.

“I’m sorry! A-Are you okay?”

His wound needs to be treated as soon as possible, otherwise the blood loss will lead to his eventual death. I made up my mind and helped him up as I stood. We walked slowly towards the corridor where I had just been, step by step.

“Do you know where the Vice Headmaster’s office is? I heard that he knows how to heal.” I questioned as we walked painstakingly.

He took out his student notebook slowly, and finally handed it to me. After checking the location, I tried to increase my pace to my destination.

While walking, we pass by the freshmen dorms. It was a mess. I sighed, I wonder where we are going to sleep tonight.

Passing by one particular room, I heard shouts. It was a panicky voice.

“Donghae! Donghae! Wake up! Don’t sleep!”

I glanced at the person beside me and he nodded in response. We walked slowly to the room and I spoke, “Erm, do you need an—“

I saw a student who was panicking over an unconscious body that laid on a puddle of blood. He turned to us and pleaded for help, his eyes watery as he begged.

“Don’t worry, we are going to see the Vice Headmaster who knows how to heal. Take your friend with you and off we go. Hurry.” I replied, and the student immediately took action, heaving up the body with amazing strength.

We tried our best to rush to the destination, but it was almost impossible with the heavy weight that me and the blonde haired student were carrying. The two wounded students, one trying to keep awake with the excessive blood loss, while the other was in a critical position.

God bless us.

(Sungmin’s POV)

I was just returning to my office after getting done with the intruder that Kyuhyun had brought. I was at a loss of words as I saw two pairs of students, with two of them bleeding a lot. I hurried over and queried about the situation.

“Oh my, what happened? Why didn’t you two bring them to the infirmary?”

“They are in a critical condition, the infirmary is low on doctors and nurses as some of them are being attacked just now. I was being sent to find you sir, to help out at the infirmary when I came upon them.” A small figured student carrying a much bigger sized student panted.

“Okay I understand the situation now. Lie the injured on the floor and I will heal them.”

The two healthy students obeyed my instructions and lie the other two down carefully. I quickly extended my healing powers to the injured two. After a while, both of them had relaxed their pained expression and fallen asleep.

“They should be okay now. Take them to my office, there are some couches. Take them to rest and look after them. I’m going to the infirmary now.”

Both of them nodded and heaved up the sleeping bodies up again. Step by step, they slowly made their way over. Without seeing them going in, I quickly teleported myself to the infirmary.

 

Another long chapter~! :D It's already a new year! I hereby wish you all the best for everything you do. :) Anyway, I have announcements to make: I will not be updating often this year as I have my major examinations and also my CCA concert. Things will be getting very hectic from now on, and probably I will either be too tired or too busy to update. So please understand. Perhaps after the end of my examinations, I will begin to update more often. :) So take this long chapter as a so-called 'temporary farewell gift'. :D Well good luck to me~! XD So see ya until I come back, and don't give up on this super long story! Ciao~ ^^