Time To Go To The Past

Academia Magica: School of Magic and Love

(Hyunseung’s POV)

I found myself facing the grim faces of my colleagues, eyes thirsting for an explanation. I really did not want to involve them, as the opponent that they are facing aren’t as simple and easy to defeat as they think.

I let myself plopped down on my seat, and also motioned them to take a seat at the couches located behind them, for this explanation will be a long one.

I found myself speaking of the past, the past which held happiness and peace, until the existence of him came in...

*Flashback*

“Hyunseung, come meet Hoggart.”

I shyly hid behind my father, who was at that time, the Headmaster of Academia Magica. I softly mumbled a shy ‘Hi’, and continued to hide my face. I was really a shy guy at that time.

The boy, who looks the same age as me, chuckled and introduced himself. My father left us alone at his office, while he went out to attend some meeting with the professors.

“Erm, Hoggart, how did you know my father?”

He seemed to be in deep thought, debating whether to tell the truth to me. Finally he sighed in defeat and answered my question.

“My father and your father were close friends. They kept in contact even though they have separated in search of their own happiness and family. I knew this because my father kept mentioning about your father, how a great man that he is. But one day, my mother disappeared when she accompanied my father to his daily business of collecting herbs. My father back then was completely out of it, he locked himself in his laboratory, and said that he was going to find a way to resuscitate my mother. It was at that time then I knew my mother was killed by some unknown evil beast.” He stopped for awhile, glancing at me to see my reaction so far.

All I gave him was pleading eyes for him to continue his story. He sighed again before continuing his story of his past.

“Few months past, and I have slowly gotten used to living without my mother, although my father continued his experiments. Once, I heard some glasses breaking inside the forbidden room, and I broke in to see what had happened. It was a hideous sight. Crawling on the floor in front of my father was some unknown creature, which doesn’t resemble any existence on this world. My father performed the taboo black magic and of course the result was going to make anyone berserk. Without any words, he pushed me out of the house before he set the house on fire, killing himself and the creature.”

I grabbed hold of his trembling hands, which tears quietly landed onto. Shivering uncontrollably, he laid his head on my shoulder, letting out all the emotions that he had managed to kept it in control.

After awhile, while sniffing, he further explained that it was my father who found him while going to visit his father, and my father adopted him. So now Hoggart is like my half brother.

Months past with us developing brotherly feelings, and we were very close to each other. Some time later, I found us slowly drifting apart. He was avoiding me and he kept visiting one professor, Mr.Sung.

Everyday after classes, he would always meet up with him, and they will do things secretly at Mr. Sung’s house. Curiosity build up, and I decided to follow Hoggart to see what he’s up to.

I sneaked into Mr. Sung’s territory while tip-toeing behind Hoggart. Hah, he didn’t even sense my presence.

Once he went in, I went to one of the open windows and peeked.

...I had tainted my eyes with the obscene scene I saw.

Let’s not go into further details, so I would sum it up—they were making love.

I did not know Hoggart had that time of preference so I was completely taken aback. I covered my eyes until I was sure the entire ordeal was over.

When I opened them, I found them in some serious discussion. I strained my ears to listen, and I only managed to hear some important phrases.

“...This potion is very powerful... I need your help...Steal Eternal Life for me...That maybe will help to revive your parents...”

That was all I needed to hear.

I quickly ran back even before Hoggart left his house. And while running I had some internal struggle.

Eternal Life?! Isn’t that the potion that Father was protecting?

Mr. Sung is telling Hoggart to steal it?

What shall I do?!

That night I confronted Hoggart, and he actually hissed at me, “Hyunseung, I trust you to not leak this to anybody. If you do, I would not forgive you.

Hoggart was head over heels for Mr. Sung. And also focused on the intention to revive his parents using the potion.

No matter how I begged him to stop, he would not listen. Having no choice but to use the last resort, I reported to Father as I was taught that this potion must not be handed over to anybody with evil intentions. I wouldn't want to take risk of the safety of the magic world.

Father caught Hoggart at the next night, and he with Mr. Sung were thrown into the academy’s underground jail.

Under judgement from all the important heads of the academy, Mr. Sung was given the death sentence while Hoggart was spared with some punishments, as Hoggart was ‘under the influence of Mr. Sung’, as told by the juries.

After Hoggart was released from jail, he swore to never forgive me, aka the traitor, and left the academy grounds.

From that day on, I never heard from him again.

*Flashback ends*

After the explanation, everyone was trying to absorb the new information. Indeed, this is great news.

“So that means the person who ordered his men to attack us is Hoggart?” Junhyung questioned.

“Yes, and I’m very sorry to have tell you this piece of important information so late. I thought I would be able to keep it in control, but as things have come to this stage, it is necessary to let you know, so that all of you here are able to protect the students knowing who the enemy is.” I apologised.

Kyuhyun then stood up and brought the intruder whom he have caught into my view of sight. The man was trembling in fear with the eyes of every high powered professor boring into him.

“So I guess there’s no need for him?” Kyuhyun got ready his ice dragon, which was ready to pounce on the man on command.

“No, I still have some questions for him. Personal ones. Leave him to me and all of you may leave.”

“But Headmaster, how could we leave a dangerous man with you alone?!” Key raised his opinion.

“Don’t worry, I would not be so weak to be killed by this man. Leave. Oh, and try to comfort the students without them knowing the truth. Maybe I will pick some superior students from the magic combat to help protect Eternal Life.”

Key left reluctantly with the other professors. Finally time to ask some personal questions.

“How’s Hoggart? Is he doing well?”

The man seemed to be taken aback by this question,but answered it nonetheless.

“Hmph, do you count living without a loved one well?” He retorted back.

“He still doesn’t forget about Mr. Sung eh? A stubborn mule that never opens his eyes, being him.”

“Don’t you dare insult our master! He’s a great man that will achieve even greater heights!”

“A great man? That only lives for the sake of revenge?! Oh well, as a man under him, I could not expect the unexpected answers from you right? Sungmin.”

Sungmin, who I knew wouldn’t leave and stayed outside my office, came in and asked, “Yes?”

“Take this man away. I have no use for him anymore.”

“Understood.”

A long chapter finally! And for those of you who thought that the story plot for the flashback very familiar, yes you got that right. I had adapted some ideas from the anime: FullMetal Alchemist. :D The creation of the unknown creature was adapted from the anime. Also, Hyunseung that time wasn't gay yet, so he would of course call the making love part a obscene scene that tainted his eyes. XD Eh, I tried to make the flashback as understandable as possible. So if there's any questions, feel free to ask me. :) Well then, Ciao~ ^^