Rovix's Secretary.

Right To Remain Silent
Seven. 
 
A flickering light is what awoke Taekwoon during the night. He found that it was still dark outside as he sat up, muscles protesting greatly. He must of slept in an awkward position. He sat up straight and the blanket pooled in his lap before the lamp on the table finally died. His eyes adjusted and immediately found the glowing illuminated numbers from his digital clock. 3:47am. 
 
He must of fell asleep somehow....strange for him. He rubbed a hand over his face and then paused hearing nothing. 'I knew he'd leave...' he thought in victory. Hakyeon wasn't the sort of person to do something as extreme as stay outside all night. Even if it was in a hallway. He cringed to think what his neighbours would of though if they'd seen him outside his door. 
 
He yawned and stretched his arms tiredly before shivering unintentionally. It was freezing in here...he'd have to complain about that. He stood and made his way to the kitchen, planning to make himself a latte. He knew it'd keep him awake but he needed something hot right now. 
 
A faint scuffling made him pause on his way to the kitchen. He blinked and slowly shook his head in disbelief. There was no way...His feet moved without a thought, all the way to the door, which was quickly unlocked. He hesitated, his hand hovering above the handle. There was no way this detective had stayed outside his door for almost 7 hours straight. Cha Hakyeon was not more stubborn then him, Jung Taekwoon. 
 
His door creaked open and he blinked out into the darkness. He could hardly see though there was enough light to see a faint outline of a person, slumped against the wall opposite Taekwoon's apartment. Taekwoon just stared at him. He wasn't sure if he should applaude Hakyeon or whack him upside the head. 
 
He shivered again and sighed quickly looking around for his phone before finding it in his jacket pocket. He soon returned to the door way, using his new found light to inspect the sleeping male. He shook his head. What an idiot. Anyone could walk past and rob him. Or do something much worse. Though something was odd...wasn't he wearing a jacket before....
 
He stepped closer to the dark haired detective and inspected him properly. He was using his jacket as a pillow and was lay on his side, face pressed against the fabric. It looked so uncomfortable. 
 
Taekwoon sighed slightly at this, shaking his head. "Idiot..." he muttered under his breath. Hakyeon shifted slightly in his sleep, as if he could hear Taekwoon before a shudder rocked his body. Taekwoon released with a jolt that he must be cold. Especially with his sleeves rolled up like they were. 
 
It wasn't his problem...he reasoned with himself. Hakyeon was a grown man. If he wanted to freeze to death then that was his decision. 
 
Even with these thoughts floating through his head, Taekwoon found himself unable to simply leave him like that. He gazed at the elders face for a momemt and recalled that it had retained that same innocence that the children had. He cursed himself for making that comparison. Hakyeon was no child. He had to remind himself of that. 
 
He looked away and finally turned heading back into his apartment, without closing the door. 
 
Within a few minutes Taekwoon was settled besides the elder (who he'd had to move in order the share the thick blanket with) with a latte between his hands, radiating warmth throughout his body. 
 
He looked at Hakyeon again, knowing that this would most likely continue were he to reject his placement on the task force again. It would be a hassle. Hakyeon would only become more persistent, that was Taekwoon's assumption anyway. From the looks of things Hakyeon would probably stop at nothing to get him to join. He signed irritably. 
 
"I'll join you." he said simply, looking straight forward at his door, latte clasped loosely in his favourite mug. "But only so you don't kill yourself by accident." he clarified, voice still quiet and refined as if he were whispering. 
 
There was no response. He didn't expect one, nor did he need one. It would become clear over time anyway. 
 
Perhaps six minds together were better then one anyway? Who knows. Taekwoon could be doing something great. Something to be remembered for. He found himself unable to care enough at the moment, as the night drew closer to it's end with a sleeping criminologist besides him. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Rovix was once again left alone in his office. He shifted through papers, some being official documents and others reports that he'd gotten from each department regarding the progress on their specific case. 
 
He'd read over them all carefully and had signed a few when needed. His job was tiring, yes. But he didn't mind that too much to be honest.
 
He'd sent Detective N after Leo today. He knew that Leo would end up joining the task force especially if N had anything to do with it, so he had no worries. Well except for there being a serial killer on the loose. That was very worrying. 
 
He knew that sooner or later his superiors would start pressuring him as well. Catching this murder had become the number one priority. That's why Rovix had made a task force dedicated completely to stopping him. The Demon. 
 
He'd chosen each member of the task force carefully after much deliberation. They all had their own skills and talents, they would work effectively together- at least he hoped they would. 
 
There was a quick knock on his door before it opened, stood in the door way was Rovix's personal assistant or his 'secretary' as the chief liked to . He had a simple but pretty face which was framed with bright red hair, his dark eyes made more apparent by the black rimmed glasses he wore. 
 
"Hey Chief, Senator Lee called and asked if your lunch appointment was still open for Wednesday?" his voice drawled as he read from the clipboard held between his fingers, with his other hand smoothing out his white dress shirt whilst trying to avoid touching his tie. 
 
Rovix mulled over the question wondering whether or not he would be busy. "Reserve a table at the usual restaurant, we'll meet at noon." He said and gave a nod as confirmation.
 
The red head nodded and turned to leave as he scribbled something quickly onto the clip board. "Just a second, Jimin." Rovix's voice stopped him and he turned back around blinking in surprise. Most of the time he referred to him as Mr Park, professional as always. He hardly ever said his first name. 
 
"Yes Sir?" he asked, eyes trained to the chief of police for the second time since he'd entered the room. 
 
"I've created a new task force as you know, I need to check their progress in the Demon case. However I'm mostly indisposed during the day, I'd like to ask you to observe them, then report your findings back to me." Rovix said, his eyes straying away from the younger man just in time to miss his shoulders tensing. 
 
"Of course sir." he said, eyes wandering down to his clipboard. "I'll watch them carefully." he confirmed. 
 
Rovix nodded and then glanced back ground at his paper work, eyes scanning the texts with a new found confidence. If anyone could handle those officers, it was Park Ji Min. 
 
Jimin was quick to close the door and walk to his desk, located to the left of Rovix's office. He sat down stiffly and chewed on his lip nervously. "I'll watch them very well..." 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: The task force is complete! There will be appearances from other groups of course as you can see from this chapter and a few others. ^_^ Thanks for subscribing~