Epilogue.

Right To Remain Silent
Epilogue. 
 
'Medical Report- 0671. 
 
Patient Name: Lee Jaehwan 
 
Symptoms: Defect in episodic memory store, ranging from when he first fell into his coma to approximately two years prior. Jaehwan continues to remember medical procedures and the basis of his profession but fails to show any recollection of any personal memory within the previous mentioned time period.'  
 
'Jaehwan retains the ability to learn and process new information efficiently, he also has no problem making new episodic memories.' 
 
'In my opinion, I believe that Jaehwan be discharged soon-' 
 
Taekwoon put down the last medical record that Jaehwan had received a copy of from his doctor a little over a week ago. Jaehwan had been discharged from the hospital a few days ago, he'd gone back to his studio apartment and had settled back into his life. Well that made it sound easy. It was far from it. 
 
Taekwoon had received a lot of late night phone calls in the following days, a shy Jaehwan on the other end of the line. He wanted to talk. Taekwoon had to admit that he'd found it amusing that Jaehwan had turned to him to talk, of course he didn't remember that Taekwoon didn't talk a lot...
 
Jaehwan had asked a lot of questions. Taekwoon answered every single one as best he could. He wanted to know about the station. About the Demon case. He wanted to know about the team. And most surprising for Taekwoon, he wanted to know about him. 
 
They'd stayed up for hours each night, talking without a care in the world. It'd become a nightly ritual of sorts, Taekwoon would make sure that his phone was charged and besides him when midnight rolled around. Jaehwan would always call him, despite how many times Taekwoon's thumb hovered over the contact for him earlier each day. 
 
Now Taekwoon was waiting for Jaehwan to come out of the bathroom. He'd agreed to take Jaehwan to the station today, to try and get him used to the dynamics there again. 
 
The rest of the team couldn't wait, they'd been visiting the forensic scientist non stop. Though Taekwoon knew he'd been the same. Jaehwan had been awkward at first, because he didn't know them but they all knew him. He felt weird about it the first few hours but then relaxed in the friendly atmosphere. 
 
It didn't feel like it did ten months ago, but it was as close as they were ever going to get. Taekwoon knew that Jaehwan could tell, the way everyone looked at him in relief, they were all relieved that he didn't die. Somehow that seemed to calm Jaehwan down a lot. 
 
Taekwoon glanced around the studio apartment and felt his lips turn upwards. Everything was still the same, from the clothes strewn around the apartment to the chopper plushie placed neatly of the unmade messy bed. Jaehwan had already made the apartment look lived in again in a matter of days.
 
The bathroom door opened once more and Jaehwan skipped out. He grinned and quite literally flew over to Taekwoon. Jaehwan was clearly excited. Not that Taekwoon could blame him. He'd been told so much about the station. It would also be the first that all six of them had been together properly since Jaehwan had woken up. 
 
"Ready to go?" Jaehwan asked with a grin. He didn't wait for Taekwoon's answer and instead latched onto his sleeve, leading him out of the apartment and down to where Taekwoon had parked his car that morning. Jaehwan was already at the drivers door when Taekwoon shook his head and laid a hand on the younger's shoulder. 
 
"Jaehwan-ah, you know the doctor said no driving for at least a few weeks...." Taekwoon pointed out, voice amused. Jaehwan paused and took his hand off the door handle. 
 
"Oh! Sorry....I guess it just feels familiar...y'know?" Jaehwan chuckled awkwardly, walking around to the passenger side. As Jaehwan slid into the seat, Taekwoon paused. He was suddenly reminded of how Jaehwan used to demand to drive his car... He felt a small smile on his face and opened the drivers side door, getting in and starting the car. He felt as if today was going to be one of his best days in a long while. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as Jaehwan pushed open the door to the station he felt everyone's eyes on him. There wasn't one person there that wasn't looking at him. It unsettled him a little but with Taekwoon besides him, a comforting hand settled on his shoulder he managed to smile slightly. 
 
He heard someone start to clap and blinked, the clapping seemed to be contagious, as soon everyone in the station was clapping. Jaehwan looked around and smiled slightly before he turned to Taekwoon. 
 
"What are they clapping for?" he asked quietly. Taekwoon smiled very slightly and led Jaehwan down through the floor. People were smiling, nodding to him and generally seemed happy that he was here. But he didn't know their faces, hadn't  heard them speak. But they knew him. 
 
"For you." was Taekwoon's only response. The older was seemingly leading him somewhere specific. But Jaehwan paused as his eyes caught something on the wall. His name, he realised. 
 

'In remembrance of Dr Lee Jaehwan, for sacrifices and service to the state.' 

 
Jaehwan stared at his own picture, a smiling face he realised. The picture stared back and Jaehwan couldn't help but be jealous of it. He knew who these people were after all. Back then he knew where he was going and who he was talking to. 
 
He felt Taekwoon tug on his hand and looked over at the detective. He was smiling reassuringly at him. The smile worked and Jaehwan took one last look at the plaque and photo before he followed Taekwoon down a narrow hallway to their left. They left behind the clapping crowd, running into almost no one after that. 
 
Jaehwan kept looking around, he was seeing everything for the first time now. He'd for started his job here a little over a year ago. So he couldn't remember much about the police station altogether. 
 
They finally got down to the basement, with Jaehwan refusing to let go of Taekwoon's hand. Taekwoon didn't mind much, Jaehwan's grip was somewhat comforting, after months of holding the younger's hand but getting no response. Taekwoon was still trying to get past the fact that Jaehwan had woken up on his birthday of all days. 
 
When Taekwoon and Jaehwan made it to the original room that their task force had been based in, they could both hear the rushed shushing from behind the closed door. Jaehwan bounced slightly in place and grinned at Taekwoon and even Taekwoon couldn't resist cracking a small smile. 
 
Jaehwan couldn't wait any longer and burst through the door, almost being knocked to the floor when not one, but two of the team launched themselves at him. Hyuk and Hongbin almost flattened Jaehwan. 
 
The older started laughing at this and hugged the two younger males back. It seemed that in spite of Jeahwan's memory loss, he'd warmed right back up to the two boys. After all it wasn't hard. They were both incredibly hard not to like. 
 
"Hyung!" 
 
"Your finally here!" 
 
Jaehwan couldn't wipe the smile off his face. Taekwoon was stood in the door way, trying to hide a smile behind his hand at the scene. He hadn't seen many smiles from Hyuk in the past few weeks, other then when he was with Hongbin of course. 
 
"Alright alright. Come on you two, give him some space..." Hakyeon's voice sounded, from the side of the trio. Hyuk and Hongbin pulled away from the hug and patted down Jaehwan's rumpled clothes. Jaehwan chuckled and looked at Hakayeon with a grin. 
 
"Jaehwan.." 
 
"Hakyeonnie..." Jaehwan teased. 
 
Jaehwan grunted and did actually fall over when the oldest of the group jumped on him with a large smile. Jaehwan laughed at this and let him do so. The oldest had hardly left him alone since news of his awakening had reached him. Not that Jaehwan minded in the least. Apparently he'd known Jaehwan the longest, if only for a few days longer then the others. 
 
Hyuk glanced at Hongbin and they nodded to eachother with grins. 
 
"Hypocrite." 
 
Hakyeon paused and jumped up, narrowing at his eyes playfully at them. "What did you say to me?" he screeched over dramatically and neck chopped the protesting pair in punishment, completely forgetting that Jaehwan was still on the floor. 
 
Luckily, Wonshik reached out his hand to his fallen friend, trying to snort down his laughter. Jaehwan grinned and grabbed the outstretched hand, pulling himself up and pretty much falling into the bear hug that Wonshik offered. 
 
Jaehwan didn't complain and hugged the other back. He felt as if his face was going to split open with how much he was smiling. 
 
"It's nice to have you here again Jaehwan-hyung..." Wonshik said, tilting his head to the side as he pulled away slightly, patting the others back. He could tell that Jaehwan still felt a little weird about everything, maybe even awkward but he was adjusting well to everything not just because it felt familiar to him. It felt right. That's how he knew that he was in the right place. 
 
"Thanks you guys..." 
 
"It's been quiet here without you." Taekwoon admitted, finally walking into the room. Jaehwan noticed that there were six desks, neat and clean. For some reason this seemed odd to Jaehwan. He looked around and also noticed that there were a few pictures dotted around. He noticed a few were of him and the others and then blinked when his eyes settled on a pencil drawing that was framed on the front desk. 
 
"I can be loud if you want hyung...?" Jaehwan said, before smiling at Taekwoon's sudden cringe. He chuckled and walked over to the drawing, curiously inspecting it from its place on the wall. 
 
"For some reason...this seems familiar to me..." he paused and noticed his signature in the corner. "I drew this?" he asked, pride leaking into his voice. His only reply was silence, which made him turn back towards the group in confusion. They were all looking at him and smiling oddly. Jaehwan blinked and looked at each of them in confusion. What Jaehwan didn't know was that it was the drawing he'd finished before Taekwoon took off to confront Jimin that night. 
 
"What?" he asked laughing it off. "Gosh you guys are so weird..." he joked and then went and sat on his desk. "Anyway, what's our next case?" he asked casually. 
 
Hakyeon grinned and leant over to grab the familiar yellow file off his desk and passed it to the eager Jaehwan, who immediately opened it and started reading. The more he read the larger his smile grew. And a very familiar response followed. 
 
"Well this should be interesting...." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Epilogue is up! Can't believe it's over. Don't worry though. I might do a bonus chapter or two if I can. But this story is officially complete. I'm not sure if I'll write a sequel. What do you guys think? Yes or no to a sequel? 
 
Thanks for all the support since I started this story. It's been such fun to write and get your feedback ^_^ Until next time!