Unlucky

Right To Remain Silent
Twenty One. 
 
After realising that they'd reviewed the evidence over three times now, N decided that they needed to meet up again, just to make sure they'd cover every base. Their forces had been spread thin over the course of the investigation. There'd only been few times when they were all together throughout the majority of this. And the leader had decided that the number was far too low. 
 
So that's why all six members of the task force were stood in a dimly lit alley way, the place they'd found Park Min Soo, the 5th victim. He was a suspect in a murder investigation but had got out of police custody because of bail. He was actually supposed to be waiting for his trial, which would start in the new year. But obviously that was no longer necessary. 
 
"So let's just get all of this straight. There have been five victims over a period of two months, the first one was a violent death, as well as the second and fifth one. So what makes Kang Jun-Seo and Nam Young-Mi different to the others?" Hakyeon asked, receiving the information from his head. 
 
"Perhaps he felt sorry for them both." Ken said and was met by the questioning gazes from his teammates. "I mean when I examined Min-Soo I noticed that the cuts were deeper then previous ones, made to Nam Young Mi and Park Seo-Yeon. It could mean nothing but it could also show that he holds a grudge against people like Min-Soo." he concluded. 
 
Hyuk nodded his head. "Min-Soo was pretty much done for anyway. From the notes I've read over the prosecution on his case had air tight evidence. He would of been in prison by February for sure." the youngest said, pulling his jacket tighter sound him for warmth. 
 
"So your saying he doesn't like men?" Wonshik asked, though it resulted in nothing more then a shrug coming from the forensic scientist.
 
 "It's a possibility. He may just not like the idea of there being another murderer like Min-Soo around, though that's rather hypocritical." Ken said and chuckled at his own joke, bringing a smile to the others faces. They could always count on Ken to make jokes at inappropriate times. 
 
Hongbin sighed and leant against a near by wall. "Is it just me or does it feel like we're getting no where with this?" he asked sadly gazing at the others that stood, now seemingly tense around him. It hadn't been long but as expected Hakyeon's identity as the leader of the task force was revealed to the public. So all the grief of the public and media had shifted from Rovix to Hakyeon. 
 
Theyd asked him horrible questions. 
 
'Why is the Demon still out there?' 
 
'Are you and your team even trying to track him down?' 
 
'Why are you letting more people die?' 
 
Each member of the task force could see the toll it took on him. They needed to finish the Demon. And they had to do so quickly before t took more of a toll on one of them then was absolutely necessary. 
 
"We will solve this case." Taekwoon responded, drawing the attention of all the others that were in the alley way. "I only joined this team so Hakyeon-hyung wouldn't end up accidentally killing himself." that received a snort from said detective who then smiled under the younger's glare. "But now that we've come this far I'm not letting it all go to waste." he muttered, meeting eyes with each and every one of them, momentarily sending chills up their spines. 
 
Before anyone could reply, the sound of a phone ringing broke the tense atmosphere in the alley. Hakyeon pulled out his phone and took the call immediately, gesturing to the other to be quiet for a moment whilst he took the seemingly important call. 
 
"Hakyeon, yes I am.....there has been? Ah I see-Wait he's alive? But...Yes sir. We'll be right over. Yes. Yes Goodbye." he muttered into the phone again and then hung up, looking up at the others with slightly hopeful eyes. "That was Chief Rovix." he said and then ran a hand through his hair. "There's been a sixth victim but...he's alive." 
 
Ken's smile seemed to brighten the darkest corner of the alley way as he looked around at his team mates. "The Demon is getting sloppy..." he said. Everyone nodded in agreement and Hakyeon informed them that they were now needed at the hospital, though mostly Ken to examine the injuries on the victim. Apparently he was in an induced coma. They weren't sure what caused it. Not yet anyway. 
 
As they emerged from the alleyway they were met with a few empty streets, as this time of day meant that there weren't many people around. Espcially in a bad part of town like this. Wonshik's car was parked between Leo's and Hyuk's, on the pavement that they walked out onto from the alley's opening. Hakyeon had rode his bike here that was currently parked over the road-wait who was that messing with his...
 
"Hey! That's my bike!" Hakyeon yelled across the street. He couldn't see what the man looked like, only that he was dressed casually if not a tad scruffy and had a hat to cover up most of his hair and face. He was currently half way through hot wiring Hakyeon's bike as said detective began walking over to the man quickly before he got away. 
 
He heard a few chuckles behind him and heard Wonshik mutter something about bad luck before he crossed the road, but he never even got half way over before he was knocked off his feet by the powerful force of the blast. His head slammed painfully into the concrete where he just lay, dazed and confused. His ears were ringing loudly whilst he pried his eyes open to see the metal frame of his motor cycle, burning gloriously a few feet away from him. So someone had rigged his bike to blow up?He guessed that was probably meant for him. But he could no longer think properly. His head hurt too much for that. He was shell shocked. 
 
He saw Leo above him, feeling relieved that the younger was okay as his eyes slowly closed, just able to hear the approaching sirens of the police and fire engines and the familiar calls of his name before his vision was filled with black dots just as Leo's form grew closer. However his last thought was more sarcastic then nervous of what was to come. 'Perhaps I'm just unlucky.' 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jimin was startled awake by the credit song of a random Drama he'd a while ago. He must have fell asleep at some point within it's course. He sighed and ran a hand through his messy bed head before yawning. It was one of his rare days off from work. He was glad of it though, he'd been distracted at work. Even Rovix had noticed and had forced him to take some personal time. Though Jimin couldn't say that he was unhappy with the arrangement. At least he didn't have to keep up with the task force for today. 
 
He stood, leaving the television on and ventured into the kitchen in need of food and something to quench his thirst. He rubbed his eyes as he walked, not even needing to open his eyes in order to find himself before the fridge in his kitchen. Perhaps he could cook himself something? He had some left over beef from yesterday...perhaps he could do something with that. Before he could think further on the subject someone cleared their throat from behind him making him jump in fright and spin around. 
 
He was met with a familiar face and he immediately calmed down. He sighed and whined when he saw he'd dropped the container which had his beef in it. "God you scared me to death you know? I have a doorbell for a reason yet no one seems to use it." he muttered and knelt down to pick up the now broken container, as it was a glass container, and the scattered pieces of meat. "What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be back with-?" 
 
Jimin never got to finish his question, interrupted by a harsh whack to the head with his own police baton that he kept besides his bed in case of a home invasion. The red head was slowly loosing consciousness. Laying confused on his floor...why would he..? 
 
He saw a shadow pass over him and recognised his friend's face above him. 
 
"I'm sorry Jimin...but I have to protect you from them. They'll try to take you away from me....And I won't let them." There was a brief touch of lips to his own, which would have surprised him, if his world wouldn't of turned dark a second later.  
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: A rather short chapter but there were quite a few developments. The second half of it was completely spontaneous. At least it was quick! A brief touch of romance? But with who? ^_^ Thanks for subscribing and reading. Until next time.