Never Hear the End of it.

Right To Remain Silent
Eighteen. 
 
The two way mirror was a funny thing. Because in reality everyone knew that the mirror in the interviewing room was there, purely so others could watch and judge each action both the criminal and officers inside made. However it was never really approached in an interrogation, the lonely two way mirror. Everyone played a part, acting as if they didn't know it was there or believed it to be a normal mirror. 
 
The glass was clear, not a mark on its surface that day. And Hakyeon couldn't find a time within his head where it hadn't been cleaned to absolute perfection. It served it's purpose as usual. Because there seated on the opposite side of the glass was Choi SeungHyun, T.O.P. One of his first friends when he'd started at the academy, Hakyeon would consider that he and T.O.P were quite close. But obviously not. Was Hakyeon's only thought as he stared through the glass, as if answers would appear before him for looking into the glass so diligently. Though of course that wouldn't happen. 
 
As soon as Hakyeon had made the call, SeungHyun was arrested, moved from Rovix's office where he and the chief had been talking to a interview room. There had been silence through the whole station. Not the awkward kind but the kind of silence that showed absolute and complete shock. As of a few minutes ago, Hakyeon had managed to pull himself together, getting over his apparent shock at his friends betrayal. 
 
Now Hakyeon considered himself a good judge of character, after all it was a plus of being a police officer. He'd watched as Hyuk interviewed the man, finding it almost comical the way T.O.P's legs stretched far away from the chair he was seated on. Though there was nothing funny about the situation. Throughout the whole interview, Hakyeon could only think one thing, one word that scrolled across his mind countless times until he paid mind to it. Innocent. 
 
When Hyuk exited the room looking flushed from being cooped up in there for a good hour and a half he let out a loud sigh. Hakyeon waited for a moment for the younger to compose himself and found himself smiling softly. The youngest on their team had been trying so hard lately, trying to get to know each member more. Hakyeon himself had been asked countless random questions since he'd last seen the other detective. Hakyeon found it rather endearing if he was perfectly honest with himself. 
 
"Hakyeon hyung I..." he started, pausing for a short moment. "It sounds like he's telling the truth hyung.." he said. Those words made Hakyeon's stomach drop. This only made things even more difficult for Hakyeon. "I know you want to see him." the younger continued, giving Hakyeon a few moments, a clear window allowing him to deny the statement. But here was no such moment. So Hyuk continued. "And I know he wants to see you too. There's ten minutes until we're transferring him to a holding cell." Hyuk paused and cleared his throat somewhat suddenly shy. "You should...y'know..." he mumbled, trailing off. 
 
Hakyeon smiled softly and ruffled the youngest blonde strands turni g his hair into a messy hue opposed to the styled 'masterpiece' it was before. Hyuk whined and swatted his hands away, fixing his hair the best he could. Everyone seemed to mess his hair up to annoy him. 
 
Hakyeon opened the door a moment later, stepping into the room and ignoring the glare of the fluorescent lighting. His eyes remained on the tall man at the table, pausing for a moment when he remembered that T.O.P was hand cuffed. It didn't seem right, though nothing about this situation did to Hakyeon. He pushed it aside and strode forward with confidence he didn't have, sitting down facing his friend. 
 
There was silence for a few seconds. Both were just staring at the one that sat opposite. Before finally the taller of the two sighed. 
 
"You know that it wasn't me right Hakyeon?" he asked, voice almost sounding sincere. Hakyeon felt the urge the narrow his eyes but couldn't. It was such a cliche and overused line. But it was T.O.P, not some washed up junky. Hakyeon scrunched up his nose and rested his elbows on the table. 
 
"How am I supposed to believe it wasn't you hyung? We found enough C4 to blow up the whole police station in your apartment...." he mumbled, SeungHyun deserved an award for his acting because really his was becoming convincing to Hakyeon. The man shifted in his seat looking uncomfortable for a second before he focused in on Hakyeon again. 
 
"If I had a way to prove it wasn't me would you listen to me?" the question caught Hakyeon off guard and he found himself nodding vigorously, almost too quick to show his enthusiasm. SeungHyun gave him an amused looked before he motioned for Hakyeon to come closer. 
 
"As you know...I'm extremely paranoid about things like this..." he muttered to which Hakyeon nodded. SeungHyun had wanted him to wear a tracking device in his shoe back at the academy, incase he was ever 'in trouble'.  Hakyeon had managed to convince him otherwise though, because detectives were always getting 'in trouble' so there wasn't much of a point. 
 
"I..." he sighed and tried to run a hand over his face before realising they were still cuffed. Hakyeon wold have laughed if not for the level of seriousness required. "Did you notice the teddy bear in my bedroom?" he asked and Hakyeon blinked, once and then twice. 
 
"Look hyung we really don't have time for me 'complimenting' your weird sense of artistic value..." he said, slumping in his seat. He'd thought that T.O.P had something important to tell that could clear him. 
 
"This is important Hakyeon. Did you see the bear?" he asked again, somehow retaining his serious tone whilst speaking the ridiculous words. Hakyeon rolled his eyes and nodded reluctantly, confused by the seemingly releived smile on the others face. "I installed a camera in my room, well in every one of my rooms, I'm too careful not to." he said. 
 
Things slowly started to fall into place in his mind. "And...your saying there's a camera in the bear? Like a nanny cam?" he asked, eyes slightly wide whilst the taller man nodded. He had to say that it was pretty smart. Anyone who really noticed the bear would put it to T.O.P's weird taste in art. It was, dare he say it genius of him. Though he'd never tell him that. He'd never hear the end of it. 
 
The man smiled at him and shook his head. "I'm not sure who framed me, but whoever it was will have been caught on camera now. All you have to do is look." he said, a new hope suddenly within reach Hakyeon stood quickly. 
 
"I'll be in touch." he said, giving his friend a pointed look before he left the interrogation room, letting two other officers slide past him. Probably to collect T.O.P to put him in the holding cell. If Hakyeon could help T.O.P then he would, without a doubt. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Y'know I've noticed something.." Ken began and Leo found himself already beginning to tune the other out. Whenever ken began the sentence like that Leo always regretted listening to him. Whether it be about another anime reference or something completely off topic it didn't matter. It always annoyed him. 
 
"It seems as if every time we find a lead there's always something missing..." Taekwoon found himself looking up at the younger man surprised by his words. They were true though. The Demon always seemed to be a step ahead. As if he knew exactly how each of them thought, their process of finding evidence in order to put the criminal away. 
 
Ken sighed and rubbed a hand over his face for a moment then looked up after having noticed his partners silence. Taekwoon seemed to be thinking, not unusual, nor was the silence unusual considering who he was talking about. But Taekwoon was just staring at him, which to tell the truth really unnerved him. 
 
"You seem to surprise me at the most inconvenient times Lee Jaehwan." Ken blinked and then looked up at Leo almost shocked before a smile broke out onto his face. 
 
"Aww Taekwoon hyung~ your finally warming up to me!" Ken said grinning a little. Taekwoon sighed and shied away from the younger, wanting to cover his ears but reframing from doing so. He had to admit that they were getting closer, ever since he'd found that cat for Leo they'd been having pleasant conversations. He wouldn't admit that though, he'd never hear the end of it. 
 
"Don't let it go to your head." he muttered and leant away from Jaehwan's open arms. But the forensic scientist didn't stop there. He kept leaning forward, resulting in Taekwoon leaning away, tipping the chair. Until eventually disaster ensued. 
 
The chairs legs gave way and Taekwoon panicked grabbing whatever he could before he fell back onto the hard floor. The laughing Jaehwan was brought down with him, they were now a living heap on the floor. Taekwoon groaned and closed his eyes, having taken most of the fall himself, feeling a new bruise form on his back for later inspection. Jaehwan chuckled lightly at this and wrapped his arms around the immobilised older whilst he still could. 
 
"You know you love me hyung." he said and Taekwoon groaned a little squirming under his weight whilst trying to push him off, though his efforts were unsuccessful. 
 
This was going to be another long day. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T.O.P's apartment still smelt of paint like it did the first time. Though the smell was faded, of course the paint had dried more now that T.O.P hadn't been in the apartment for a few days. 
 
Hakyeon sat down in the strange living room, merely staring at the teddy bear in front of him. He felt stupid for doing so. It all was a bit absurd. A teddy bear that concealed a camera? It was a bit cliche if he didn't say so himself. 
 
The detective sighed and picked up the stuffed animal turning it but not seeing an opening in the back. He examined it further and sighed before getting annoyed and ripping the head off. Perhaps a little violent but it still worked. 
 
Hakyeon grimaced as the stuffing went all over the sofa. Oh well. He'd clean it up later. He shifted through the balls of fluff and finally found a camera inside the head, posing as one of the eyeballs of the bear. He had to give it to T.O.P he opulent of thought of something like this. 
 
A few moments later Hakyeon was forwarding the tape, going through the hours quickly, it was all normal, a few minutes of SeungHyun in the room doing this and that but other then that nothing out of the ordinary. 
 
Then something caught his attention and he paused the feed, rewinding and then stopping. 
 
His eyes widened significantly and he lowered the camera to his lap for a moment, trying to take in what he was seeing. He watched it again just to be sure. 
 
He sat there for a moment more, rubbing his neck for a moment. Before he pulled his phone from inside his coat pocket dialling the only number on speed dial. 
 
"Chief- Yes I know. Look I'm sorry I'm not there. I have some important information. Yes. No it wasn't him. All charges should be dropped." there was a pause where Hakyeon thought and then with his mind set and determination burning in his eyes, he continued. 
 
"Bring in Kwon Ji Yong for questioning." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I don't know exactly how I managed to finish this chapter. I've had massive writers block for a few days now. Sorry if it shows in the chapter. Thanks for reading or subscribing. I hope your enjoying it ^^