Off with a Bang.

Right To Remain Silent
Fourteen. 
 
It was a common occurrence for things to be left behind when people were traveling. And Gangnam Train Station was no exception. It was so common that someone left a valuable behind that they had a lost and found department that worked around the clock to reunite people with their belongings. But with 
less enthusiasm of course. 
 
However there were occasions where things were lost on purpose. Where the owner had a goal in leaving behind a bag. 
 
This was one of those occasions. 
 
The whole train station had been evacuated. Once the bomb had been uncovered in the black rucksack in the lost and found office the alarm had been raised. The police were herding people back, away from the stations entrances. That's when the bomb squad showed up. 
 
Their name was quite comical, as many of their fellow officers knew. The groups name was 'Big Bang'. They had five members, all trained and ready to go within two minutes of a call. 
 
Their leader, Kwon Ji Yong was by far the most experienced of them all. He knew exactly what he was doing, following procedure to the T. Despite this he was a very fun person to be around, his wardrobe usually spoke volumes about him. 
 
His secondary officer was named SeungHyun otherwise known as T.O.P as he was the top in his class for everything he'd ever pursued. He was as strange as he was tall. One look at his apartment would tell you why. 
 
Then there was Taeyang or Young-Bae. (Though he preferred the former.) He was quite laid back compared to his co-workers. He loved people, that was one of his faults as well as an advantage in some situations. Because he loved people, he always saw the best in them. 
 
Daesung was by far the most recommended of the squad when it came to anything technical. His skills with a computer were almost unheard of. Everyone knew that he could of made a killer as a hacker. But were glad that he was on the right side of the law. 
 
And finally there was Seungri. He was the youngest and newest addition to the team. He was fresh out of the academy and hand picked by Rovix to join the rag tag team of misfits. Seungri was very compliant. If he was asked to do something then he'd do it without a second thought. So long it was legal of course. 
 
The team worked very well together, there were never any mess ups or mistakes made. 
 
Not until today anyway. 
 
Once all civilians were evacuated, so it was clear for Big Bang to move into the station. The bomb was apparently in the lost and found departments office, on the second desk on the right. 
 
They split up, their usual procedure, Ji Yong would take SeungHyun and Taeyang with him to disable the main device whilst both Daesung and Seungri would check for any secondary devices that may trigger the explosive. And it worked, they'd done this many times before. No sweat right? 
 
Once they'd found the bomb, they got to work right away, it was a small compact device however it was built for spreading mass destruction. Even though they were working on disarming a highly destructive device, it didn't stop them having their usual talks and arguments. 
 
"I can't believe you blew half your salary on another painting..." the leader mumbled, reframing from facepalming incase he blew them all up by accident. He received a funny look from both of his elders, one full of amusement and the other made him think he'd offended the taller man. 
 
"Says the man who bought himself a new wardrobe." the taller man, or SeungHyun replied, which received a snort from the only other man in the room. He swore that Taeyang only grouped with him and Ji Yong so he could watch them argue. 
 
The bomb was a homemade one, and it would be pretty easy to disarm. However they would need to remove the timer from the explosives in order to do so. Taeyang was looking through the mess of jumbled wires, attempting to concentrate. "Can you guys be quiet for a minute..because that's pretty much all the time we have left...." he muttered, biting his lip as he moved quickly, eyes scanning over every possible option and scenario after scenario running through his head. 
 
Ji Yong tutted and focused on working on the timer once again. Since it was a homemade bomb the timer was that of an alarm clock, set for exactly 1:00 pm. It was no problem though. Not for him anyway. 
 
There was a click and Taeyang sighed in relief, detaching the trigger from the explosives as their leader finished up with the timer, leaving the explosives useless without anything to set them off. 
 
SeungHyun took that as his cue, carefully picking up each item, and putting them into the case that they'd rolled in with them. They'd have to inspect them once more before handing them over to be transported to a secure facility. But the crisis was averted. And lifes were saved. That's all it was about at the end of the day. 
 
"You guys done playing around yet?" the sarcastic voice, came from the ear piece in each of their ears. The voice of their youngest member to be exact. Seungri was beginning to get bored, after he finished checking his designated area. Despite Seungri being the youngest he was surprisingly sarcastic, however he was someone you could count on when you needed it. 
 
Another voice hummed over the earpiece, most likely Daesung trying not to fall asleep after staying up all night once again. No one knew what he did in the night. No one really wanted to ask. 
 
"We're on our way out..." was Ji Yong's response as he picked up the brightly coloured tin box now containing the remains of the bomb before exiting room. 
 
This wasn't anything out of the normal. If anything it was exactly what they'd usually do. 
 
So everyone was even more confused when everything went wrong. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Reports are flooding in from everywhere, it is confirmed that there has been an explosion in the Gangnam district, these reports dictate that an armoured car exploded after it to a dual carriageway when leaving the district." the newscaster paused for a moment, looking grim. "Sources say that the explosion was caused by the remains of a bomb that was diffused earlier today after a threat in the heart of Gangnam station." 
 
"The explosion claimed the lifes of five decorated police officers that were transporting the device to a research and disposal clinic. Police Chief Rovix is yet to make a statement concerning the deaths of these five officers." the newsreader stated before continuing on still. 
 
"The offorities are still unclear about who or what caused this travesty and are working tirelessly to find out exactly what happened. This is Kim Eun-Kwang. Reporting for Channel 6." 
 
Everyone was silent. The station had had dark days but this...this situation just seemed to top them all. Hakyeon stood looking up at the television, bracketed to the wall and just blinked. Wonshik stood besides him, looking a little dazed himself after having just locked Hong-Shin up and then hearing about a tragedy like this. The police department really couldn't catch a break at the moment. 
 
Hakyeon snapped out of his own thoughts and turned as he saw six people marching towards the main office floor. And the room suddenly seemed to freeze over, as if death himself had came and visited them, because in came Big Bang and one stone cold faced Rovix. 
 
Hakyeon began to take a step forward but was stopped, not only by the arm on his shoulder (courtesy of a very worried looking Wonshik.) but also the slight shake of Taeyangs head in his direction. You see Hakyeon was friends with he group, ever since the academy when he'd first met SeungHyun and Taeyang when he first started off. He'd grown close to them, so close that he could ended up on their team. However Hakyeon himself thought that he wasn't necessarily cut out for the bomb squad. 
 
He watched, chest aching as the group silently walked into Rovix's office, with the stiff police cheif not far behind them. After the door shut, a few whispers broke out and Hakyeon let his partner's hand drop from his shoulder. 
 
He knew this was going to be bad. Really bad for each member of the team. This may even end their careers as police officers if the board of welfare had anything to say about it. 
 
"I'm going to find out what happened." Hakyeon stated, turning just enough to see Wonshik's face. The younger merely nodded and gave Hakyeon a nod before he slung his arm around the shorter males shoulders. 
 
"Not without me your not." 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:Is it cliche to have Big Bang as the bomb squad? Ah I don't know. Anyway this is going to be a side story within the main story. Thanks for subscribing and reading!