Heaven's Shadow

Right To Remain Silent
Twelve. 
 
It hadn't been Leo's choice to do this. He would never suggest something so pointless and incompetent. No it had been his partner, Jaehwan's idea to return to the club a few nights later to go undercover. Though Taekwoon thought that it was more like a night off in Jaehwan's mind. 
 
So that's how he found himself sat at the bar alone and away from his partner who had said something about 'blending in'. Leo hadn't kept track of him in the club since he'd escaped to the pitch black dance floor. The club looked darker now that it was night and it almost felt a lot more cramped. Leo could swear that every five seconds someone brushed up against him as they shuffled past the stool he'd seated himself on. 
 
He ignored the suggestive glances and winks that he received from random strangers. He didn't feel like indulging in any of this anyway, he'd already denied two people who'd asked if he wanted a drink with an obvious promise of a lot more. He was happy to say that both had left him alone after realising he wasn't interested. 
 
Heaven's Shadow was at least a clean club. They didn't allow drugs or fighting within the club. Leo respected Namjoon for that very reason. Technically Leo wasn't even on duty so he was within his rights to have a drink, he would have settled for a latte or water but the bar had an alcohol only policy. Leo thought it made no sense, why outlaw the greatest drink on the planet? 
 
He'd reluctantly taken up the bartenders suggestion of a beer so he had something to keep in his hands and focus on for a while. Ken was obviously off who knows where doing who knows what. He wouldn't be back any time soon. At first Leo had contemplated leaving him but decided not to. He'd rather not get a lecture in the morning from the forensic scientist. 
 
Leo didn't often drink. Well because he couldn't. His alcohol tolerance was incredibly low as he'd found out in his college days very early on. So he'd preferred to keep his distance from it, until now. He didn't want to repeat the pain of a major hangover like he'd experienced in college. 
 
He felt a slight push on his back and turned just in time to see a young man crash into the girl sitting on the stool besides him, successfully splashing his drink all over her red dress and partly onto Leo's own jeans. 
 
This, of course ended in the girl in the red dress tipping her own drink over the young man's head as he slurred an apology before sassily exiting the club, red heels clicking with each step. Taekwoon rolled his eyes and grabbed the clothe that the bar tender offered him, wiping away the strong alcohol. This is why he hated clubs. 
 
'Please Taekwoon~ We have to investigate! Go undercover!' 
 
He regretted giving in to Jaehwan right about now. It was about 11 now, there was a loud song playing in the club, Leo faintly distinguished a few words as 'Rock Ur Body' and 'Dance'. He didn't know the song himself but other people seemed to have heard it before from the way they were dancing. He'd never really got into dancing, not the dancing that was currently on show before him anyway. He was more of a sporty type in high school, preferring football to dance any day. 
 
He felt his skin burning in the heat of the cramped underground club, he took a sip of his drink to cool himself down and sighed. He was going to kill Jaehwan. 
 
He blinked through his slightly blurred vision, catching a glimpse of said younger male in the crowd and narrowed his eyes. There he was now. Somehow at the dance floor, in the middle of the wave of moving bodies. Amazing how he'd managed to manoeuvre himself there, was Leo's first thought. He clasped the cold glass in his hands, liking the chill it gave off. 
 
He'd had enough of just sitting here now. He took one last sip before placing down the cup, half finished and then headed over to the dance floor. He felt himself flush at the heat that the room was beginning to accumulate, painting his cheeks a light red, almost undetectable in the dark nightclub. He managed to find an opening in the crowd and slipped through, immediately regretting it. 
 
There was so much movement, arms brushed against his as he remained focused on where Jaehwan was. Was being the operative word. Leo blinked rapidly, head fuzzy, trying to catch sight of Jaehwan again but not being to find him. He wasn't sure what the club was doing to him. 
 
Suddenly the room seemed to shift from black and white to a larger variety of colours that blended together to make a deformed rainbow. Blinking didn't make the colours disappear from his vision but only increased their vibrancy. He was confused..but he felt almost...at ease. There was something about the slow sway of colours accompanied by the dancers movements that made him feel accustomed to the club. 
 
His senses were going haywire. Every time someone brushed passed him it sent a jolt of electricity through his body making him shy away from the people dancing around him. There was something off about this. 
 
His logical mind was failing him as he stood still in the middle of the floor, unable to think properly. He found a moment of clarity and took a step forward, intending to leave the floor before his legs failed him and he crumpled beneath his own weight. 
 
He felt someone support him before he was pulled up he meet eyes with a brown haired man who smiled at him for a mere moment. His features seemed to shift every few seconds which Leo found odd...perhaps it was the lighting of the room. 
 
Leo wasn't sure what happened after that. He could remember dancing, moving very slowly with someone else guiding his movements gently. He didnt like dancing, but he didn't say no. There was the rhythmic sway of a new song  before his mind was lost to him once again. The heat of the room was getting to him little by little. He needed fresh air, he reasoned. 
 
Then he felt cold night air against his skin, sending a shock down his spine before the arm leading him away from the blasting music was gone and he stumbled to the ground. His eyes attempted to focus in on what was happening around him as he heard a scuffle before their was silence. He found that his body was failing him, he couldn't find the strength to get up again. 
 
A voice called out to Leo, sounding desperate and worried, perhaps even guilty before a hand appeared on his arm helping him stand slowly upright. There was a figure, hidden behind a clouded haze that Leo couldn't see through but his voice sounded familiar. 
 
"Taekwoon are you okay? Can you hear me?" the clearly male voice asked him. He couldn't understand most of what had gone on, nor respond to the words directed to him. He just blinked, feeling more and more exhausted, feeling his world spin before the world went black. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I apologise for the short chapter...I will try and make up for it next week because I'm off college. I hope you enjoyed it though! Thanks for subscribing/reading.