Necessary Force

Right To Remain Silent
Thirteen
 
The next day....
 
The first thing that registered in Leo's mind was the smell invading his senses. It was sweet, so much so that he wanted to cringe because if it. It was also incredibly strong- and close, he assumed. 
 
His eyes slipped open and he registered the headache that hit him hard like a train. His head suddenly started pounding, forcing him to close his eyes as he hissed softly. He couldn't remember half of what happened the previous night and he didn't want to either. Whatever had caused him this pain was not worth remembering. 
 
He heard light footsteps drawing closer to him, from where he assumed he was lay in a comfy bed, crisp sheets crinkling under his squirming figure. There was a light touch to his forehead, sending shivers wracking through his body before he opened his eyes yet again, this time giving them a moment to adjust properly. 
 
His eyes met that if his partners, who was gazing down at him with an odd expression, a cross between worry and guilt. But Taekwoon couldn't find any piece of memory that condemned Ken. Had he crashed his car by accident? Taekwoon frowned. He hoped not. 
 
"Your finally awake..." he finally spoke, shattering the silence that hung around them. All he received was a raised eyebrow and a look that said everything Taekwoon was thinking at that moment. 
 
The older began to sit up very slowly, the clothe that had placed on his forehead falling into his lap as he stared confusedly around him. This was definitely not his apartment. It was a small, homely studio apartment which was actually quite clean. It must be where Ken lived, Teakwoon reasoned. 
 
Ken saw his scrutinising look and puffed out his cheeks, slightly embarrassed. "Yah I know it's not much but it's mine." he said almost childishly, blushing as Taekwoon's eyes fell on his One Piece poster stuck to the opposite wall, holding some amusement within them. 
 
The silence was quick to settle between them once more, not letting up, smothering them almost. Taekwoon took a while sorting through a list of events in his head before coming up with a blank. 
 
"What happened last night?" he finally asked, usually quiet voice seeming quite loud as it echoed throughout the apartment. Ken sighed, giving him a tired smile. 
 
"Your drink got spiked." he started, eyes downcast as if it was happening in front of him. "I was looking around in Namjoon's office, just because he seemed a little suspicious to me when we spoke to him." he paused, chuckling awkwardly and running and hand through his hair. "I didn't find anything though. Then I came out of the office and saw this guy pulling you out of the club. I followed you two outside and..." he paused looking back at Taekwoon as if for permission to continue. Which the other gave immediately in the form of a nod. "He was walking you to his car. But you seemed really out of it. So I stopped him and he tried to run. You passed out after that." Ken finished his explanation, trying to gage Taekwoon's reaction. 
 
The older male rubbed his forehead trying to remember these events but finding them lost within his head. Ken passed him a cup which Taekwoon found was lemon tea. He cringed as the strong smell hit him again. He would have preferred coffee. "It's to wake up your senses..." Jaehwan trailed off as Taekwoon drank from the cup sighing at the sweetness. At least this wasn't as bad as a hangover, he reasoned. 
 
He ran over what Jaehwan had told him. So he'd been targeted for a kidnapping he supposed. Someone had slipped something into his drink to make him more compliant and weak. Then they'd tried to drive him off to who knows where to do who knows what. He looked at Jaehwan again. 
 
"Did you get him?" he asked, not in a demanding sense but a much more gentle one. He was just curious. Jaehwan's expression hardened into a stony determined one. He nodded once and that was all Taekwoon needed to know. 
 
"Thank you." The words almost sent Jaehwan tumbling to the floor. They were so random, but so well placed that they shocked him. He looked at Taekwoon and did a double take at the smile settled on the elders face. 
 
"O-Otokaji..?" he mumbled before recomposing himself once more. "What for?" he asked this time with a better resolution. Taekwoon's eyes drifted from the clothe in his lap to the cup cradled in his hands. From the looks of things he was in Jaehwan's apartment, in his bed even. He must of been taking care of him since he passed out last night. 
 
"For looking after me." he said. His smile faded to his neutral expression again, gone just as quickly as it had come. But Jaehwan still smiled brightly, knowing that Taekwoon was being sincere. 
 
"It's no problem, Partner " he said, smile now reaching his eyes. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hakyeon had never seen someone like Ravi lose their cool as the younger ballistics expert did. He had the victims father, up against the wall faster then anyone could have predicted before he could move to touch them again. 
 
Hakyeon does admit that the blows did hurt him, the father had obviously intended to hurt the detective when he voiced out his theory. 
 
Kang Hong-Shin was a strong man, he'd returned from his mandatory army training little over a year ago and was keeping himself fit as he did so. He'd disregarded the two detectives as soon as they walked in, sizing them up almost exactly, seeing if they were a threat to him. obviously he had decided that they weren't. 
 
Hakyeon had started asking the hard questions almost immediately, the impatience on Hong-Shin's face was clear and the growing aggression was noticed by both detectives. then he'd told him about the rumours at the school and he'd snapped. 
 
He'd lunged at the brunette violently knocking him to the floor, perhaps intending to kill him as he began to attack his face with brutal efficiency. Hakyeon had blocked a majority of the hits,  obviously having had a few dangerous encounters himself but some had landed. And they hurt like hell. 
 
But then the man was thrown off of him, Ravi finally being able to draw the brute off of his team leader. The room was silent for a moment, only the soft sobs of Kang Eun-Seo, Jun-Seo's mother were heard radiating from the kitchen. 
 
A violent struggle ensued, Wonshik and Hong-Shin both trying to pin the other. Hakyeon seeing his partner needed help jumped back into the fray ignoring his injuries and helping Ravi subdue the other man. After all they were permitted to use 'necessary' force. 
 
"You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say can and will be used against you in a court of law. If you can not provide an attorney one will be provided for you." The silver cuffs were slapped onto Hong-Shin's wrists as he rattled on about rights and suing. Ravi rolled his eyes and then looked to Hakyeon, the silent question sent through a look that gave the elder. But Hakyeon merely smiled at him, replying with a swift nod of his head. 
 
Ravi then proceeded the drag the thrashing older man outside with him, whilst Hakyeon called a police cruiser to come and pick up the hostile man from the house. 
 
Though once that was taken care of he looked over at the mirror that hung in the living room and sighing running a hand over the bruise of his left cheek.  "That's a keeper." he muttered before he exited the house. 
 
As Ravi waited with the man, his head wandered back to the school. What was said there burned into his mind. He felt sick with the realisation, it was bad enough that this innocent boy had been murdered only 10 years into his life but now Ravi had found that his first years were tainted, contaminated by this horrible neglect. 
 
He knew that he was no judge or jury. But he hoped that this man was locked in a cell for a very long time. He also hoped that they threw away the key. He was one of the worst types of criminal. 
 
The cries of Kang Eun-Seo were haunting, in their wailing misery. He didn't know who they were for. Whether it be for her husband or her son. It was hard to tell. It had caused a disberbance, people from up and down the street were opening their doors and looking out or even peeking through their curtains to watch the scene as it unfolded. 
 
Hakyeon left the house, waiting besides Ravi's car as the cruiser pulled up, red and blue lights off for the moment. Once the transaction was done, Ravi walked up to his car and got in wordlessly, Hakyeon doing the same after him. 
 
Ravi immediately turned to him and looked over his face, reaching out and checking the bruises. "Are you okay?" he asked, fussing over the elder who laughed at the attentive nature of his partner, before swatting his hands away. 
 
"I'm fine Wonshik-ah, don't worry." he said, hoping to reassure the younger man with his words, which thankfully he seemed to accomplish. "Thanks for the back up." he said again, drawing Wonshik's attention once again. "I knew I could count on you." 
 
Ravi seemed to smile at that and Hakyeon mentally cheered at achieving his goal. Even though he'd said yesterday that his goal was to cheer his partner up but that didn't matter. He'd made him smile now. 
 
"No problem, Team Leader." he said before he started his car again, off to the station to do the paperwork. Well procrastinate whilst doing the paperwork. What could he say? He was a police officer, not a saint. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hello everyone, I've updated this on a Saturday instead of a Sunday like usual just because I may not get the chance to tomorrow. I hoped that you enjoyed this chapter. ^_^