Missing You

Right To Remain Silent
Thirty. 
 
December 16th 2016
 
Day One. 
 
"Reports are coming in from an official based in the police department. The Demon case had officially been closed. The individual who claims to be the demon marched into police headquarters this morning demanding to speak to any members of the task force. It was Officer Han SangHyuk that made the arrest ten minutes later after the perpetrator provided details about each victim that was not available to the public. The Demon's name has not yet been released, in other news Dr Lee Jaehwan-" 
 
Hakyeon switched the radio off, almost angrily crossing his arms. The paper-like dress made him itch uncomfortably. But he didn't have a choice in what he was to wear. That was the downside of being in hospital. The upside was that he was healing. Slowly of course. But he was getting there. 
 
"Can you believe that? The kid handed himself in after all that...." Hakyeon sighed softly and tapped his foot against the white tiled floors. He'd been here since last night now. He knew that he was okay to move around since his injuries were only minor. Wonshik had hardly left him alone. But the younger was in the cafeteria now, eating his first meal since breakfast the day before. 
 
"You must of knocked some sense into him. Apparently he was pretty remorseful, kept crying about someone named Seokjin and how you couldn't die like him." Hakyeon smiled softly and scooted toward in the chair, ignoring the sharp scrapping noise they made on the tiles below him. He laid his head down on the bed, eyes drawn towards the patients chin, oxygen mask obscuring his view of his friends face. "Good thing that you didn't die...." he said and sighed, laying his hand over the unmoving but warm ones. 
 
Hakyeon watched Jaehwan's chest move up and down, the movement making him calm. When Hakyeon had first found out that Jaehwan had been carted off to the critical wing in the hospital, he'd ripped out his IV, floored the unsuspecting Wonshik (who had only tried to stop the elder, thinking of his health) and had stormed up to the first nurse he saw, (an unsuspecting intern named Wendy.) demanding to see Lee Jaehwan immediately. 
 
Of course because of his critical condition and the state that Hakyeon himself was in that was met with a resounding no. Hakyeon knew that he wasn't supposed to be here now and that Wonshik would probably search the whole hospital when he returned from lunch to find Hakyeon missing. But Hakyeon was too lost in looking at Jaehwan, in a mix of guilt and sadness to even begin to think about anyone else. 
 
Maybe if Hakyeon hadn't gotten so caught up with his old team and G-Dragon...maybe he could of been there to help Jaehwan. There were a lot of 'what ifs' and 'maybes' swirling around in Hakyeon's head that moment. Because Hakyeon knew that this was a serious situation. And he, as the task forces leader should have been the one to shield his teammates. He felt guilty. 
 
He knew that he was beating himself up about it. There was probably nothing he could of done differently. Maybe if he hadn't been involved with the Big Bang case then it would be him in Jaehwan's place right now. Hakyeon found himself wishing that he was. 
 
So deep in thought, Hakyeon failed to notice that the door had opened. The light from the hallway lit up the otherwise dark room, but Hakyeon didn't raise his head, nor shift his gaze. 
 
It was only when he felt a small hand touch his shoulder that he blinked and sat up in the uncomfortable metal chair. His eyes met dark but compassionate ones. He recognised Joy the moment he saw her, letting out a breath in relief. Joy was one of the few nurses that he'd met that seemed to understand the grief he'd been feeling lately. She'd been assigned to look after the slowly recovering Sungjae. Hakyeon enjoyed watching their interactions so far. It was like they were married. 
 
Joy smiled sweetly, but did not question Hakyeon's off-limit visit to Jaehwan's room. She must be aware of who he was and how Hakyeon knew him. Somehow this made Hakyeon feel worse. He felt a sigh bubbling in his throat, however before it escaped his lips he felt a thumb swipe across his face. Hakyeon blinked in surprise, he hadn't realised that he was crying.
 
"You look a mess." Joy stated, before she shook her head softly at him. Somehow Hakyeon compared it to a teacher tutting whilst telling a child off for being naughty. "Come on, your brothers been whining that he misses you. Even though it's only been an hour." She paused as if considering something and then chuckled. "And your blue haired partner is screaming bloody murder at the matron for losing you." she added. 
 
Hakyeon winced, already aware of how overdramatic Wonshik could get and how very good he was when arguing. With that new information, Hakyeon stood, holding onto his IV pole as he did so. He paused before he turned towards the door, looking at Jaehwan again, studying his features as if it was the first time. 
 
Hakyeon remembered that day, where he'd sat at Jaehwan's desk and said male looked a bit amused and yet curious at the same time. He remembered how his face had lit up when he read about their team, his case. They didn't know then that their team would later turn into great friends. 
 
"Wake up soon friend.." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
December 23rd 2016
 
Day 7 
 
"You should see them all singing your praises at work, it's absolutely maddening how much their up to all of us...even if you and Hakyeon-hyung aren't there it's daunting. I'm starting to dread going to work..." There was a chuckle, no matter how strained it came out. 
 
There was next to no sound in the pristine white room. The only sounds heard were the periodic ticks of the clock, hung on the far wall and the steady beep from the heart rate monitor. 
 
"Hyung...It's strange not having you around. It seems a lot darker down at the station. Like we're going through an eclipse and the sun isn't shining. But it's not ending. It just keeps going on and on and on...." the voice was quiet.
 
"Taekwoon-Hyung hasn't come out of his office for a few days now...." The tone was sad, somewhat darker then it's usual energetic one. They'd all been devastated to learn that Jaehwan had fallen into a coma. But none more so then Jung Taekwoon. He'd shut himself away for at least three days now. No one tried to stop him though. Without Hakyeon present to pull him out of his rut or Jaehwan there to cheer him up there was no one that could reach him in his closed off state. 
 
The blonde sighed and ran a hand through his hair, standing and pacing, back and forth. 
 
"It's only been a week but it seems like its been longer. Heck, it's almost Christmas. We've left a few gifts for you over at your house. Sure it may be classed as breaking and entering but considering the circumstances we doubt anyone will mind..." his voice trailed off. The amused and somewhat shy tone dissolved and a far more serious aura flooded the room. 
 
"I went to speak to Jungkook yesterday." he said, voice strained. He was trying very hard to hold back his emotions. It took a few moments before he could continue. "It was strange. He seems so lost. He asked about you, something in me tells me that the remorse is real. I guess when you guys fell it triggered something in him. He's so unstable..." the voice trailed off and then picked up again. "We found Jimin too, a little banged up but otherwise okay. Apparently Jungkook had been keeping him knocked out. Love made him do some crazy stuff, huh...?" A pause. 
 
"We miss you a lot..." The younger's voice broke and then he cleared his throat. "I feel as if we took advantage of our time together, as friends. We should of done more, said more. Heck I fell asleep in the middle of our game of getting to know eachother..." He sighed and felt his head drop slightly. 
 
"You need to know Jaehwan that we're all rooting for you. When you wake up I hope your prepared for everyone. They'll bombard you and probably suffocate you with hugs. And even if it sounds a bit bad, I know that I'll be one of them. Once we get you back, we'll never let you go, y'know?" he asked and then grinned, leaning down and resting a hand on his hyung's shoulder. 
 
"Detective Han? I'm sorry but visiting hours are over. I'll have to ask you to leave...." an unfamiliar voice reached his ears. He guessed that it was another nurse. Another voice, sympathetic but detached. Hyuk couldn't blame them. This had nothing to do with them. 
 
Hyuk nodded briefly and heard the footsteps filter away. He made a move to stand and sighed softly, brushing a lock of hair from his face as he did so. 
 
"I'll see you soon hyung..." And with that he walked away. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
December 25th 2016 
 
Day 9 
 
"Merry Christmas Jaehwannie..." 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
December 30th 2016 
 
Day 14 
 
"I thought that maybe you'd like some company before the new year." Wonshik's voice was clear but quiet. He didn't want his conversation to disturb anyone. Besides, if he was talking to Jaehwan there was no need to be loud. Wonshik would only notice when he got home how wrong that thought seemed. 
 
"I know that I should stay longer but you can't hold it against me. You know that Hakyeon will be roaming the halls, possibly trying to escape if I leave him alone for too long. We all know how much he dislikes hospitals. Then again, all of us seem to hate hospitals...." Wonshik trailed off and smiled sadly. He stood up and then shook his head as a thought came to him. 
 
"Y'know when I asked you if we'd become angels all that time ago, I didn't mean that I wanted you to become one..." he said, shuffling for a moment before shaking his head. 
 
"Goonight Hyung." 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 15th 2017 
 
Day 30 
 
The chair which usually held one of the task force members was empty. Today was one of the rare days when not one of the five could visit. The chair had been used a lot in recent weeks. It bared witness to the seemingly one-sided conversations. But there was no helping that. 
 
Today when the door opened it was not anyone from the task force. It was someone that probably would have surprised the younger, if he were awake to see. 
 
Stood in the doorway was Chief Rovix, looking as he usually did, inconspicuous and formal. His expression was somewhat bleak. If you didn't know him then you'd think he looked disinterested as he stared at Jaehwan. But that was not the case. 
 
The look was not one of disappointment or pity. Rovix was not idiotic enough to even insinuate that Jaehwan had in anyway not done his job. If anything Jaehwan had done more then he needed to. The look in Rovix's eyes was a mix of regret and pride. 
 
He stood there for a few more seconds before he closed the door and walked away. It wasn't his place to take a seat there. 
 
He just hoped that his best forensic scientist and ME woke up soon. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
February 18th 2017. 
 
Day 64
 
"The board disbanded the task force." Those simple words shredded the silence of the room. The words were sharp and thick with emotion. It had been a matter of time of course. Hongbin had seen it coming. 
 
"Rovix couldn't do anything to help. I'm back to my old office, back to being my old self...but I guess...that's not me anymore..." The usually smiling man stated, eyebrows furrowed. "I've changed a lot. Somehow this has had a positive effect on me..." Hongbin laughed at that. "Screwed up right?" 
 
He was silent for a moment as he looked at Jaehwan. Looking down at his hyung like that reminding him of when he himself was in hospital not so long ago. The memory made him reach up to his neck, hand brushing the scar there. He hummed as he did because it didn't really bother him anymore. It was as much a part as him as his dimples were. He smiled as he gazed down at Jaehwan. 
 
"If I can overcome my fears like I did hyung then I know that you can overcome this..." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 6th 2017. 
 
Day 111
 
"Happy Birthday Jaehwan!" a few voices rang out in the room. The whole ex-task force had gathered. Gathered to celebrate Jaehwan's birthday. It was Hyuk and Hakyeon's idea. Even if Jaehwan wasn't really there with them, they promised themselves that they'd try for one night to imagine that he was. He'd probably whine loudly if they didn't congratulate him. 
 
That night the ex-teammates shared their stories, laughed together and even shed a few tears. They were left closer then before but still feeling incomplete. 
 
None of them left that night. And none of the nurses questioned them. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 26th 2017 
 
Day 161 
 
"It's been awhile since we talked. I feel like I need to catch you up on a few things...." Hongbin's soft voice filled the room. He felt like so much had happened since he last visited, which in reality was inky a few days ago. 
 
"So Hyuk managed to break a few of his fingers...but he's okay! I swear! He just wasn't paying attention when he was making a few repairs to his car so when he pulled down the bonnet he did it on his fingers...." his voice trailed off slightly and Hongbin looked down, suddenly looking shy. 
 
"I got so worried when I got a phone call from the hospital... When they said Hyuk's name I freaked out and dropped my phone, then rushed to the hospital. I was so scared. Hyuk's been really strong throughout everything. And despite the fact that he isn't my partner anymore, he's been there for me..." Hongbin smiled and wiped away the tears that were threatening to fall. 
 
"So this is the embarrassing part. I know you won't tell anyone because i trust you hyung...so I guess it's okay..." Hongbin trailed off and then finally managed to find his voice. 
 
"I managed to find his room and by 'find' I mean yell at the receptionist until she gave him up. After that I rushed up the stairs and almost knocked over a couple just idly strolling around like the hospital was a park." he muttered, his voice seemingly irked. "When I finally got to the room and saw him lying on the hospital bed I almost had a heart attack...because he was just lay there and it...it reminded me-" Hongbin suddenly stopped. Because he was about to say 'It reminded me of you.' 
 
"He woke up when I started crying. He was just sleeping. Sleeping! At a time like that. I got mad at him and I really didn't know why at the time. I was so worried, I just felt like it was eating me alive. I could help but be worried. But then Hyuk did something that I didn't expect. It confused me. And I still don't know what to think about it even now. He sorta...well..he kissed me.." Hongbin was blushing at this point and he couldn't look at Jaehwan. He was far too embarrassed to do so. 
 
"It was only on the cheek though. I don't know what to think about. It made me speechless.  At the time I didn't know what to think so I kind of brushed it off. But as soon as I managed to process what had happened I stumbled and ran out. I knocked over a bin and crashed into Joy on my way out just to make things worse. So yes. Most embarrassing moment of my life..." Hongbin muttered and cleared his throat, cheeks still tinted red. 
 
"I need your advice on this hyung. I don't know what to do now or how to act around Hyuk...I know that you'd know what to do...." he said and then chuckled softly. Jeahwan would make an excellent match maker. 
 
"I'm sorry if I'm just dumping all of this on you...I thought that maybe you'd like to know. I wasn't really sure..." Hongbin paused but then smiled and leaned down to hug the elder. "I'll be back later hyung. I've got to go check that Hyuk isn't trying to play games on his phone. It'll probably hurt his fingers...." and with that the room was quiet again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 8th 2017 
 
Day 204 
 
"Rovix announced his retirement today., it shocked a lot of people at the station but to be honest I wasn't surprised by that." Hakyeon's voice was thoughtful as he placed down his book that he'd been reading. It may seem odd to come to the hospital to visit Jaehwan and instead spen his time reading, but Hakyeon had found out that beng besides Jaehwan made him relaxed. More so then when he tried to read at home. So sometimes Hakyeon came to visit Jaehwan just to watch over him. 
 
Hakyeon seemed thoughtful enough. His expression matched what he was saying, as he was speaking about Rovix, a man that he admired greatly and respected. And it was sad to know that he'd no longer be there at the station. But if Rovix was happy to be stepping down after such a long time as the chief then Hakyeon was happy. Rovix had achieved a lot and now he deserved rest. 
 
"He offered me the job actually.." Hakyeon continued, quieter now and somehow seemingly shy. The older ran a hand through his hair and looked Jaehwan, seemingly embarrassed by this as he smiled awkwardly. "I turned him down though, it would be a great honour of course and awhile ago I probably would have accepted without hesitation...but now..I know where it is I belong in the station. Despite not being the task force's leader anymore...I still feel like we're meant to be together in some way." He chuckles sheepishly whilst looking down.  
 
"Cheesy, huh?" He asked and bit back his smile as he gazed down at the motionless Jaehwan. He brushed a strand of his long hair (the hair having grown quite long since he became comatose) from his face. 
 
"Your hairs getting long now huh? You should see Taekwoon's now...he cut and dyed it too...it's short now and red. I guess he wanted a change?" Hakyeon half questioned and then smiled brightly. Taekwoon had been opening up more now. He visited Jaehwan's room every couple of days. The nursing staff had got that irritated with over the weeks that they didn't even bother trying to argue with him anymore. 
 
Hakyeon smiled and stood up properly before sighing softly, fixing his fringe before he chuckled. 
 
"I'm off to buy some banana milk now, but I'll be back soon..." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 August 20th 2017 
 
Day 247 
 
The door to Jaehwan's room burst open, the force so great that the handle of said door dented the opposite wall. In stormed a furious looking Jung Taekwoon, he ignored the looks that he'd attracted and slammed the door closed. He sighed and held his head in his hand for a moment, clearly annoyed. 
 
He was still dressed in his work clothes, indicating that he'd come straight from the station. He didn't sit in his usual seat and just stood, staring at Jaehwan, his partner, his friend. 
 
"You need to wake up." He said, voice still on edge and maybe what one could consider stern. Taekwoon had been visiting frequently, he'd had a routine that he more often then not followed. He'd come in, sit down and talk about his day and any little bits and pieces that had happened. Then he'd go and get a coffee from the machine down the hall (awfully bland but Taekwoon managed to drink it anyway). Then he'd stay for a while longer, talking to Jaehwan or just simply sitting in his presence. It had been odd, the first few times Taekwoon had done this. Taekwoon usually never got a word in edge ways with Jaehwan, so suddenly trying to fill the silence alone was strange to him. But he'd slowly got used to it. 
 
Taekwoon had not followed his routine today. He'd gone to work at the station and had been informed that there would be an announcement later that day from their police commissioner, a certain Kim Heechul. Taekwoon had listened as the older man had introduced himself, engaged in small talk and the official pleasantries that no one really cared about but were absolutely essential when addressing a crowd. Then he got to his point. 
 
"They've got a plaque-a memorial for you...They have the nerve to act as if your already dead. As if...as if your not going to wake up..." Taekwoon took a deep breath after that and his anger seemed to dissipate slowly. 
 
"It's horrific how they can all smile. Of course we didn't..." He remembered the look in Hakyeon's eyes as Wonshik physically dragged him out of the station. He'd also caught sight of a devastated looking Hyuk and the back of Hongbin's head as he ran from the room. 
 
"It read 'In remembrance of Dr Lee Jaehwan, for sacrifices and service to the state.' And then suddenly everyone was looking at me...I wasn't sure why at first. And I didn't care to find out. I just walked away." Taekwoon finished, holding his head in his hands. 
 
"You have to wake up and prove them all wrong. Their all giving up hope, but the people that matter won't...I just needed you to know that, whether you can hear me or not...." Taekwoon was silent after that, finally taking a seat in his usual chair. He felt tired, too tired to function anymore. He'd developed dark circles under his eyes and his red hair usually blocked his view. He guessed that they'd all changed in some way...whether this case had made them stronger or not was still up for debate. 
 
Taekwoon slipped his hand into Jeahwan's still one. They felt cold and Taekwoon frowned at that as it was unnatural when you considered who Jaehwan was in the first place. Jaehwan was always warm, even when the situation required serious thinking, Jaehwan could probably joke about something that was inappropriate. Even if it was inappropriate the others would still laugh and those who didn't couldn't deny that it was both amusing and refreshing at the same time. 
 
So he sat there for awhile before he began to feel more tired and sleepy. He eventually felt his eyelids fluttering closed and leant back in the chair, falling into a light sleep. But he did not let go of his friends hand. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 27th 2017 
 
Day 285 
 
The room was pretty much full to the brim. With five fully grown men hanging around just one patient the matron usually got annoyed but never said anything. She was more then aware that they were the task force that had successfully arrested the Demon. Since the story had been so public, their faces had been televised on the news. When people started coming up to Wonshik on the street he felt modest but confused. A lot of people thanked them, for their service. You'd think they were idols or something. 
 
But today they were celebrating because they'd received great news! Their new police chief (A certain Seo In Guk AKA Hyuk's ex partner) had decided that he was sick of seeing their miserable faces as they gazed at eachother from across the station and thus he had 're-created' their task force. They'd yet to come up with an official name for the group but that was the last thing on their minds. 
 
The only thing that they knew could complete their team was Jaehwan which is why Hakyeon immediately denied any other members of the police force when they asked if they could work together. It wasn't something childish nor petty and Hakyeon did not intend to treat as such. He just knew that after working together as a set group for so long it would be more difficult to change up their dynamic with a new member. Plus, even if Hakyeon didn't say it, no one could replace Jaehwan in their minds. 
 
"So we're all together again.." Hyuk said, he sat on the floor and hardly seemed as if he cared. He wasn't lonely either, he dragged Hongbin into sitting besides him as soon as they'd greeted Jaehwan. Their relationship was rather odd, the older members of the task force had already noticed this. Hyuk just chose to ignore the knowing looks passed between Wonshik and Hakyeon whilst Hongbin was completely oblivious to them. 
 
"It's about time." Wonshik said and smiled, from his spot behind Hakyeon's chair. They'd become closer despite Wonshik being transferred back to the lethal weapons department (which meant that they hardly saw him now). Hakyeon on the other hand had gone back to being a lone detective despite how much he suddenly disliked it. The same went for Taekwoon. After being forced to join their team by the crazy leader he didn't feel right when he worked alone. It was a big relief to actually know that now when one of them got a case, they'd all be involved in it in one way or another. 
 
"It's long overdue, but something tells me that the chief didn't just wake up and think it was a good idea...." Hakyeon's voice trailed off as four pairs of eyes landed on their maknae, who was seemingly studying his nails. At the following silence he looked up and around at his fellow team mates and grinned nervously, pulling at his collar. 
 
"What?" 
 
Hongbin snorted at the response and then covered his mouth in surprise. Hakyeon and Wonshik both laughed, even Taekwoon couldn't help but crack a smile at the youngest of their ragtag team. He did have his moments. And they were usually spectacular. Just as this one was. 
 
The room was quiet after that, the mood was good. For once the atmosphere in the hospital room didn't seem miserable. It was filled with hope. Taekwoon smiled from his stance, between Jaehwan's bed and the window. His gaze drifted out of the window for a moment, the smile still present on his face before he turned back to the bed, leaning down and whispering quietly. 
 
"We'll wait as long as we have to for you, Jaehwan..." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 10th 2017 
 
Day 330 
 
Nurse Joy was on duty late that day. She'd booked the morning off in order to spend time with Sungjae on one of his rare days without any promotions. They'd kept in contact after he'd recovered from his gunshot wound, they found that they enjoyed spending time with eachother. She'd already met the rest of BTOB and had laughed along with them as they proceeded to embarrass Sungjae as much as humanly possible. 
 
There had been rumours spread by fans and a little drama but they'd moved past that months ago. Now he was as much a part of Joy's life as her job was. 
 
She was working in Ward B until midnight. She didn't mind much, she enjoyed her work here and even when there was nothing that needed her attention she could always speak to the other nurses or even the patients themselves. 
 
She was going room to room. Checking each patients vitals, as according to her prediction chart on her clipboard. There were a few visitors littered around here and there but they kept out of her way, well most of them did. Occasionally she'd get a lost looking civilian stroll up to her and ask where ICU was or where they could find the operating theatre. She didn't mind that though, unlike a few of the doctors who were either between patients or making their rounds (they hated to be interrupted). 
 
She spotted a head of read hair exiting an all too familiar room and smiled slightly. Taekwoon was off to get his usual cup of coffee from the machine around the corner. Joy found it cute how the detective had a little routine when he came to visit the younger man. She sometimes dropped in to check on Jaehwan whilst he was there. Thanks to their brief interactions she knew that he was very well mannered and cared deeply for Jaehwan. It always brought a smile to her face when she saw them together. 
 
She blinked, realising she'd been stood in the same spot for awhile now and got back to work. She checked on two more slumbering patients before she entered Jaehwan's room, eyes scanning over the data the doctor had provided on his condition. 
 
They were certain that Jaehwan had healed by now. He'd hit his head quite hard on a rock as he hit the water when he'd fell. He also had some minor bruising from the fight that he'd had with Jungkook before that. Those factors as well as the fact that he nearly drowned (if not for Taekwoon he would have surely died.) then right now there was nothing wrong with Jaehwan. The doctor wasn't sure why he wouldn't wake up. His only explanation had been that perhaps Jaehwan was still mentally recovering from all the stress he'd been put under in such a brief time period. 
 
"How are you doing today Jaehwan?" Joy murmured, jotting down some side notes on her report. She had to be through with her examinations. That way the doctor could decide if any abnormalities warranted a change in medication or a more detailed visit. After all doctors were stretched thin across the hospital. 
 
Joy's greeting was more of a habit then an actual question. She knew that it was more likely then not that Jaehwan couldn't hear her and she was simply speak g to herself. But to a lot of people that knew someone that was in a coma it made them feel comfort. That maybe, despite how improbable it seemed their loved one could hear them. 
 
"I don't know Doc, why don't you tell me?" 
 
Joy nearly rolled her eyes, eyes still scanning the report. 
 
"I'm a nurse not a doctor-" she blinked and realised what exactly had happened before she looked up in surprise. 
 
Jaehwan was no longer lay on the bed-No. He was sat up, legs hanging over the side of the hospital bed and he was smiling at her. He was awake. And he was moving, swinging his legs back and forth childishly as she'd been told he often did. And he was smiling at her. 
 
"Your awake..." she breathed, eyes wide. Jaehwan chuckled softly and tilted his head to the side awkwardly. 
 
"How long was I out for anyway?" he asked and ran a hand through his hair in embarrassment. He paused as he noticed its length because he was certain the he'd never had it this length before...or had he? He couldn't remember. 
 
"Jaehwan...you've been asleep for almost eleven months.." Joy stated and suddenly remembered herself, pressing a button besides Jaehwan's bed. It would call the doctor to the room immediately. 
 
Jaehwan's eyes widened and he blinked a few times in surprise. He couldn't get that through his head. Eleven month? That was insane. How had he been asleep for eleven months...? 
 
"I..what happened to me?" he asked quietly, staring at Joy in confusion. He was so confused, so confused. Joy paused. 
 
"You don't remember?" 
 
Jaehwan shook his head. 
 
Joy was about to question him further but. Was stopped when she heard a sharp gasp from the door way. She turned just in time to see the paper coffee cup fall and splash the hot brown liquid over the tiled floor. There stood Taekwoon, mouth open but no sounds escaping, eyes wide in a mix of shock and happiness. 
 
"J-Jaehwan?" He asked, trying and failing to keep the emotions he'd kept bundled up out of his tone. Jaehwan was awake. 
 
"I'm sorry, have we met?" 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hi guys! Sorry for the wait. I've been mega busy. I actually haven't read over this chapter because I wanted to get it out as soon as possible. So if there are multiple mistakes then I apologise. I will eventually go over it and correct the mistakes I find. This is the last full chapter!!!! Just the Epilogue and then this story is over! 
 
It's sad that I'm finishing this story because I've had so much fun writing it and I love the support I get from you guys. July 31st was actually my AFF birthday and it really doesn't feel like its been that long! Time goes way too fast. 
 
It's not all sad though. I am actually starting another VIXX story here on AFF (my second one!). This one will include more romance. I've already posted the prologue so if you've got time please check it out! Link- http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1051774/between-light-and-dark-vixx-hakyeon-ravi-navi-hyukbin-taekwoon-neo
 
I apologise for shamelessly advertising >_<. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time!