Midnight Coffee

Right To Remain Silent
Twenty Five. 
 
"Go on Hongbinnie. I know you want to say it. 'Junhyung is a genius! What would we ever do without him?' " the dark haired IT worker drawled with a lazy grin on his face. He'd already managed to crack the tapes and extract the film onto disks. It had been an easy task for him, after all this wasn't his first time. 
 
Hongbin rolled his eyes at this and sighed slightly taking the DVDs off his friends hands with a grateful look. "Thanks hyung. I owe you one." he said, showing his dimpled smile before he all but ran from the room, Junhyung's signature laugh following him as he did. 
 
Hongbin had rushed to the staircase going all the way down to the basement where they kept to archives before he stumbled into the task forces room.  The lights were on, the room looking a little less cluttered now as it had become an office for the team. The only member of the team currently in the room was Taekwoon he seemed to be signing a few papers, other then that Hongbin didn't pay him much mind. 
 
He intended to watch the tapes by himself, no matter how long it took him to do so. He wanted to know why Hoya was so interested in these tapes, after all whatever was on here could be the reason he was targeted. 
 
He managed to wheel over the stand which held an ancient looking television and a DVD player, setting everything up quickly. He could hardly contain himself. It seemed as if they could finally get somewhere. He hoped that this was was worth it. He needed to help in someway. 
 
When Hongbin placed the first DVD into the player he was sure that he'd expected it to be a video of the murderer torturing his victims. However he was surprised to see it was a security camera in a small supermarket. He raised a brow in confusion...what was this...? 
 
"Wait..." he mumbled before he heard a file drop behind him, turning only to find Taekwoon stood behind his chair, eyes trained on the screen and file f papers now scattered across the floor. Whether he was surprised or shocked, Hongbin couldn't tell but whatever it was seemed to knock Hongbin off balance. He'd never seen Taekwoon like this before. 
 
"Hongbin...where...where did you get these?" he asked quietly gaze flicking to the younger briefly before his eyes went back to the screen. Hongbin blinked in surprise before he bit his lip nervously. 
 
"I did some digging into Hoya and found them..." he muttered. Technically what he said wasn't false. It just wasn't the whole truth behind how he got the tapes and exactly who from. He didn't want to drop Infinite under a bus after he'd decided to work with them. 
 
Teakwoon looked at Hongbin and smiled, truly smiled at his younger as he ruffled his hair. "Hongbin you are a genius." Taekwoon muttered and then looked back at the screen, seemingly full of life once again. 
 
Hongbin blinked in surprise and felt a blush cover his cheeks at the praise as Taekwoon hadn't acted like this before. "H-huh?" he asked in confusion, though not rejecting the compliment. 
 
Leo felt his lips twitch into a small smile as he looked at the screen, the picture and light illuminating his face as he glanced at Hongbin once more. "Theses are the missing CCTV tapes from Nam Young-Mi's store." he muttered. "This might be the missing piece of the puzzle....." 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It'd been a few minutes since Wonshik  had called the hospital, calling to check on Hakyeon before he discharged himself. They'd told him that he already had and Wonshik had found himself rolling his eyes disapprovingly but thanking the receptionist anyway. Of course Hakyeon would get out early. He just loved to take risks with whatever he could get away with. 
 
Wonshik had been ordered to take a day off by Rovix. This being because he had looked 'stressed' when he'd showed up for work this morning. He was, they all were but he guessed that the others were just better at hiding it then he was. He'd gone home and got some much needed sleep for a few hours. He'd woken up around 5:00pm and decided that he should call to check up on his hyung. He'd heard that his younger brother was staying with him to look after him for a while so he wasn't too worried. If his brother was even half as stubborn as Hakyeon  was then Wonshik knew his hyung would get more then enough rest.  
 
He pressed the contact on his phone that read 'Your fearless leader~' that Hakyeon himself had typed into the bluenette's phone and waited patiently through the dial tone. After the fifth ring the phone connected and Wonshik immediately spoke into the phone. 
 

"Hakyeon-hyung? I'm just calling to see how your doing...is the concussion-" he started but was cut off by a voice he didn't recognise, it seemed panicked, rushed and overall nervous. 

 

"We need help, I'm Hakyeon's brother, please help us! He-he has a gun and their fighting and-" There was a gunshot suddenly and the voice at the other end of the phone went deathly quiet except for the harsh and ragged breathes, probably due to adrenalin. 

 
"H-Hakyeon-hyung?!" the voice said once again and Wonshik could hear the distinctive sound of the phone being dropped to the ground and footsteps running across a hard flooring. 
 
Wonshik was shouting down the phone, trying to get whoever it was to come back ( he assumed it was Hakyeon's brother). They weren't safe there. Wonshik stayed quiet hearing muffled voices and cursed because the phone must have landed face down. He couldn't hear the voices properly but he heard the gunshot clear enough. 
 
His eyes were wide and he bit his lip in worry. He may have just heard...no...they weren't dead. He was sure. They couldn't be dead. Wonshik heard footsteps again, this time slower and then the phone was picked up from the floor. 
 
"Who is this?" the voice was not one that Wonshik was familiar with but one he recognised from the many speeches made at the awards show that the city held for the police force each year. Kwon Ji Yong. He was sure of it. 
 
"I'm going to find you. And I'll bring you in. I swear if their dead I'll-" Wonshik was cut off by a laugh. Wonshik huffed indignantly and clenched his fist around the phone, though stopped himself from doing it anymore. He didn't want to break it. 
 
"Do what?" Ji Yong asked mockingly. "Kill me? Well if you want to kill me I can't wait until we meet, whoever you are. I'll tell dear Hakyeon that you called." After that the phone went dead, the dial tone making Wonshik's stomach do flips. 
 
He stood frozen for a few minutes before he rushed to get his gun and badge from downstairs in the kitchen. He was out the door five minutes later, shoes messily tied and hair sticking up in different directions as he'd failed to even glance in a mirror. 
 
His car door slammed and he managed to trap his jacket in the door which irritated him and made it take longer for him to eventually start the car. He couldn't think straight as he shifted the gears of his car into drive. He could of sworn that he broke several traffic laws but he didn't care right now. He needed to get to Hakyeon, Ji Yong was too dangerous and unpredictable...if he got a hold over Hakyeon then there was no telling what would happen to him and his little brother. 
 
Wonshik ran a red light and heard the telltale screech of brakes and a car horn from his right. He paid it no mind, knowing if focused on him nearly causing a traffic accident he may slow down and miss them. He couldn't-wouldn't miss them. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Back at the precinct the remaining members of the task force were hard at work, sat down and watching Tv. It may not seem like it but they were doing very important work. Taekwoon was taking this more serious then ever, he hardly blinked, nevermind moved whilst he watched the screen carefully. 
 
He'd refused to take a break since he and Hongbin had started watching the film. Hongbin had disappeared about twenty minutes ago, saying something about going to the bathroom. Taekwoon knew that he'd probably fallen asleep somewhere along the way, not that he blamed the younger, he looked extremely tired and Taekwoon didn't mind doing this alone. 
 
He saw the store manager, Mark on screen at the moment, he'd gotten up to Friday morning at about 9:00am where the store was just opening. He'd managed to get through all of Thursday and found nothing out of the ordinary so far. Young-mi was currently stocking the shelfs of the store, she looked healthy enough and she looked sweet too. 
 
Taekwoon sighs and skips through a few minutes, fast forwarding it as he bit his lip softly, he watched a few customers come and go with hardly any interaction between them and the victim. Taekwoon's legendary patience was dwindling very slowly. 
 
He sighed and ran a hand through his hair as he paused the video for a moment. He was hoping that this would be a but more helpful in their investigation but it seemed to making him more annoyed. 
 
A plastic cup was then shoved into his face, by none other then his perky partner who he hadn't seen in what felt like forever but in reality only amounted to a day and a half. Since having spent so much time with the cheerful man it'd felt strange to be apart for so long. Taekwoon took the cup and raised it to his lips only to blink in surprise at its content. 
 
"I know that you like Lattes...and you've been working really hard...." Jaehwan muttered as he plopped down besides Taekwoon, glancing at his friend with a small smile on his face. Taekwoon worked hard for the whole team. After all, since Hakyeon was out of commission for awhile he was acting as the eldest and their leader for a while. 
 
"Thank you." he said simply and took another sip. He didn't say anything more, because he didn't need to. Those were enough for Jaehwan. 
 
The two sat there, in the middle of the night, one feeling content whilst sipping his drink the other trying not to laugh at the certain odd atmosphere that had befallen them. It was a strange scene, as at the start he knew that Taekwoon didn't like speaking to him. Or at least he guessed that he didn't. 
 
But now here they were sharing the silence at an hour like this in the slightly cold basement room as if they'd known each other for years. And Jaehwan enjoyed the comfortable silence as well as the others presence and he knew that Taekwoon, without having to voice his thoughts, was as well. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hi guys, long time no see. I think it's been over a month since I updated >_< sorry about that. Life kinda got in the way. But anywho I'm back for now, just before my exams start in may. If my subscriber are still reading this then I am extremely grateful! Thanks for reading and subscribing ^_^