The Good Samaritan

Right To Remain Silent
Ten. 
 
"You ride that into the station everyday?" Hyuk wasn't or rather, didn't mean to seem judgemental but he couldn't keep the surprised and slightly amused tone from his voice. He'd never met an officer that preferred a bike over a car or even walking. But of course Hongbin wasn't some random officer. Hongbin blushed red in embarrassment and puffed his cheeks out in irritation. That sounded suspiciously like teasing to the older of the two. 
 
"We'll take your car then." he said looking over at the taller man for confirmation. He hoped Hyuk had a car. If not then their only other option would be to attach a wagon to the back of Hongbin's bike and pull Hyuk along as if he were a lady in a carriage. Hongbin smiled at the thought almost snickering when he imagined the looks that such an act would gain them. 
 
Hyuk merely shook his head with a relaxed smile on his face and walked away from the near empty bike rack (save for Hongbin's bike there were only four commissioned police cycles that looked brand new against the long since worn out rack).
 
They arrived at the side of a long black car that may have reminded Hongbin of a hearse were it not for the flashes of silver, outlining the front and back bumpers as well as the wing mirrors. It was an impressive  car indeed, Hongbin had to admit that much. 
 
Hyuk seemed eager to go do his job, out in the field instead of cooped up in that stuffy room below ground. So eager in fact that he was already in the car with the key in the ignition. It was when Hongbin heard the engine roar and the car honk that alerted him that he was taking his time in standing there. 
 
The belt in the car gave Hongbin a hard time. It was stiff, almost brand new which told the photographer that it had hardly been used. Hyuk must not have many passengers, he reasoned. Or perhaps he avoided using his car often. 
 
They sped off as soon as his belt was in place and Hongbin sighed in slight relief. He was finally going out again. It'd felt like ages since he'd last gone out in the field properly. After the Infinite incident the rest of the police force were keeping a close eye on each gang that they knew of. Just in case something came up. 
 
"So I called ahead to the bank." Hongbin suddenly said. They were going out to investigate the second victim Yoon Jung-Hoon, who worked at the areas local bank as the manager. He'd lived 10 minutes away from his work place and lived with his two daughters and wife. 
 
"And?" Hyuk asked, keeping his eyes glued to the road in front of him but easily letting his interest slip into his tone of voice. Hongbin ran a hand through his hair and fixed it as he answered. 
 
"They told me that Jung-Hoon had been stacked a little over a month ago." he said, eyes wandering over the interior of the younger man's car. "Apparently he was having conflicts with his staff over working hours and threw a punch." Hongbin said and sighed softly. "He was fired the next day after a disciplinary meeting was held." Hongbin concluded with a small nod of his head. 
 
Hyuk lulled the information over in his head before nodding. "We'll go and speak to his wife, see what if she knows that he was unemployed and why he was heading to Japan if it wasn't for business." Hyuk said, biting slightly at his bottom lip as he thought. 
 
Hongbin nodded and let out a small yawn leaning his head back against the headrest and closing his eyes for a moment. So far they'd found out that Yoon Jung-Hoon had been lying before he was abducted, he also must of  had a tendency to be violent. But it still didn't make sense. Why him? There wasn't a reasonable explanation for it. 
 
The car screeched to a halt and Hongbin rocked forward, the belt stopping his propulsion. He groaned slightly and looked at Hyuk who was angrily staring in front of him looking like he wanted to beat the crap out of his car horn. In the middle of the road there was this boy. He looked younger then Hongbin himself and his right arm was in a sling as he fumbled to pick up the bags he'd dropped when he was startled by Hyuk's car. Hongbin frowned as the man struggled and found himself getting out of Hyuk's car (much to the younger's protest) and helping the black haired boy. 
 
He was met with a surprised yet equally grateful look from the younger man as he resumed in dragging the bags from the middle of the road. Hongbin carried a few as well ignoring the constant rattle of cars that honked for them to hurry up. 
 
There was next to no sound as Hongbin carefully placed the bags on the ground besides the black haired man. "Are you okay?" he found himself asking. 
 
The man still looked at him, curiously he supposed but nodded and gave him a bright smile. Wow, this kid sure could do a lot of aeygo. "Ne, I am. Thank you for helping me out there." the boy used his other hand to rub the back of his head bashfully in slight embarrassment. 
 
Hongbin smiled and decided to ignore Hyuk's insufferable beeping just to tick the younger off. "Do you think you can manage to get home with these?" he asked, politely whilst trying not to impose on the younger man. Hongbin knew all too well that strangers could hurt you a lot if you weren't careful. 
 
The boy reached down and managed to cradle the bags in his good arm, again smiling at Hongbin. "It's only around the corner. I can manage. Thank you again..." he said and bowed his head in gratitude before turning around to leave. 
 
Hongbin watched for a few seconds, making sure the boy really was okay before returning to Hyuk's car and strapping himself back in the seat. He smiled innocently at Hyuk who just shook his head grumbling about him being a good samaritan or something before driving off again. 
 
It wasn't long before they arrived in the suburbs, driving into a dainty little area where all the houses were exactly the same. It was plain yes, yet there was something charming and peaceful about it too. 
 
The house was a startling shade of white, white to a point where it reminded Hongbin of when he'd thought that he was dead. The suns rays reflected from it, making it glow compared to the other more subtle houses in the neighbourhood. It was a semi detached house yes, but it still stood out more then the others houses. 
 
Hongbin had to be careful when he got out of the car, so he didn't step on the rose bushes in the front garden that were so neatly arranged in a perfectly straight row. There was a polished golden knocker and two metal numbers. 85. Hyuk was the one to knock, adjusting his new fedora on his head. It seemed almost comical to Hongbin, how much Hyuk wanted to dress and act like a cliche detective.  
 
The door opened a minute later, revealing a middle aged woman who had her hair in a neat bun on top of her head. Her eyebrows raised almost instantly at the two younger and unrecognised men until their badges were shown and they were let into the house without a word. 
 
"Have you found anything?" her voice was frail and seemingly hopeful as she walked into the kitchen, busying herself with making her daughters lunches for that day. It was early in the morning, they'd only have a limited time with Mrs Yoon before she'd have to go on the school run. 
 
Hyuk took the lead at first, explaining that they were doing a routine check up on the family as well as confirming the facts that were given to them last time. It didn't take long before the woman was shrouded in misery once again. 
 
"Do you know why your husband was at the airport?" Hongbin suddenly asked, having not spoken until that moment. His eyes had been busy taking in the many photos littered around the living room either hung or placed strategically so you couldn't make a move without seeing one. Most of them were of the two daughters that Mr Yoon's profile said he had but some were of the whole family together, smiling towards the camera. 
 
"He was on his way to a conference in Japan, something about new the bank having new policies for its clients...." she said and turned away slightly towards the stairs as she heard footsteps. "I believe I told your colleagues this when they first came and asked me..." she muttered and Hongbin only nodded sympathetically. He knew that it must become repetitive to say the same things over again. But now he was certain that Yoon Jung-Hoon hadn't told his wife that he'd been fired from the bank. That meant that he had something to hide from his family. What exactly was that? 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So now we know that he was hiding something, why wouldn't he tell his wife of all people?" Hyuk questioned from behind the wheel as he drove leisurely through the suburbs. They'd left Mrs Yoon alone when she said she had to go on the school run for her daughters, which had only been a few minutes ago. 
 
Hongbin found himself rubbing his forehead as a headache started to form. There were so many questions that needed answering yet no leads to follow. This was his first case as usually he just cased the crime scenes. He never got the chance to follow up on anything. "It must be something big for him to hide it from them." It was the only answer that Hongbin could think to supply. 
 
Hyuk let out an exasperated sigh and jet driving. Silence fell over the pair as they drove through countless streets. The silence was kept until Hongbin noticed something. 
 
"Where are we going?" he looked at the younger man, eyebrow raised already starting to mentally question him. This was not the way back to the station. Nor we're they in any area that Hongbin recognised. 
 
Hyuk spared him a glance before turning his eyes to the road once again. Perhaps it was sympathy in the gaze that caught Hongbin's attention or maybe it was the guilt that registered to him more. He didn't answer the others question, instead driving on. 
 
Hongbin's brows furrowed before he leant back in his seat, a confused expression settled on his face. He had no idea what Hyuk was up to, but it was making him uneasy. 
 
"We're here...." Hyuk told him as the engines roar become quiet and subdued and the car was still. Hongbin looked out the window and felt his blood run cold at the sight of a lone warehouse, old and looking ready to collapse at any given moment. But no, that wasn't what made Hongbin freeze. It was the swerving lines painted on said building. 
 
"You brought me to Infinite..." Hongbin muttered, an edge of betrayal entering his voice. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Well this was slightly shorter then I'm used to. So a lot of people were surprised that Ravi is Sunggyu and L's little brother. I hope people liked the twist. I hope you liked this little chapter ^_^