Respectfully Honest.

Right To Remain Silent
Seventeen. 
 
"What are we looking for again?" Ken's voice droned. For almost the tenth time since Leo had opened the apartment door. Leo felt his eye twitch in irritation. He'd stopped answering the second time around, instead deciding to just speed up his search so he could get away from the man. 
 
They had been assigned a task by their leader, to search one of three apartments, this one belonging to a member of the bomb disposal unit, or Big Bang. They were currently in Taeyang's apartment, searching for anything suspicious that may suggest he had something to do with setting that bomb off. After all, it had killed five other people and that simply could not be ignored. 
 
So far it seemed as if there was nothing to be found in the modern looking apartment. Well except for their being a lack of shirts in the dresser. Jaehwan had since emigrated to the kitchen, looking around and checking the cupboards, looking for clues. At least that's what Leo hoped he was doing. 
 
Since he'd woken up, Jaehwan had insisted he stay in bed until his fever had gone down, making sure that Leo was unable to protest by the pleading look he gave him. And the latte that he'd bribed him with. So of course Leo had respected his wishes and let Kenjumma fuss over him for a while. 
 
Leo hadn't really thought much about that night. It wasn't the first time he'd been drugged. No, he'd been targeted before. However it was the first time that he got so close to being in danger like that. Perhaps if Jaehwan hadn't found him when he did, things would have ended differently. He was thankful, he'd said so. Which in it's own respects was a miracle. 
 
Leo realised that he'd stopped, halfway through looking into Taeynag's closet, he sighed and finally closed the door. They weren't going to find anything here so they might as well move on. 
 
When Leo entered the living room, he found his friend crouching infront of the sofa, looking at the news report on the TV. There was nothing new, politicians and social activists cursing the police for letting not only a serial killer skip around Seoul freely but now a dangerous and potentially insane bomber run around too. 
 
When they spoke about Rovix, he decided that was enough and snatched the remote from Ken, with more force then he intended, turning it off quickly. 
 
Jaehwan looked up at him, somewhat surprised but only stood and made his way to the door quietly. If the media were attacking Rovix now, how long would it be until they found out exactly who was on the task force and started targeting them too? 
 
The ride in the cramped elevator was quiet, neither of the two felt like talking. Leo because, well because he didn't usually talk much anyway and Ken because he was too deep into his own thoughts to care much about conversing. 
 
Leo's car was parked outside the tall building, waiting to whisk them away. Ken still insisted on driving despite it not being his car. Taekwoon, of course always made sure he put his seatbelt on securely. In case of an accident. 
 
Ken paused, right outside the building, he could swear he heard something. He turned and gazed into a derelict alley way, shadowed from the sun's rays by the apartment building. He tilted his head to the side, his interest peaking as he walked over quickly, the whining and crying becoming louder and more audible the closer he got. 
 
Leo turned, not hearing Ken's steps behind his anymore, just in time to see him disappear into the alley to the left of where they had just exited from. He though about calling out for him or possibly leaving him behind but shook his head sighing in defeat. He wasn't sure if he preferred Hakyeon to Jaehwan now. 
 
As he debated within his mind he didn't notice that his partner had returned to him, though somehow different from before. When he cleared his throat and caught Taekwoon's attention, Jaehwan could swear he saw the olders eyes widen. 
 
Because there cradled in Jaehwan's arms was a small, black cat, seemingly calm as it swayed it's tail from left to right. The cat itself calm and collected was extremely malnourished, enough so that the detective could see its ribs poking out of its stomach and incredibly dirty. A stray. Leo assumed. He didn't take his eyes off the cat, even as Jaehwan started to talk. 
 
"I think this little guy needs some love. Don't you agree?" he asked, the cats back carefully as not to hurt him. "We should take him to an animal shelter." he urged and then looked up at Leo. He tilted his head to the side and then realised. He smiled and gently held out the cat to the elder. "Here, hold him whilst I drive, ne?" 
 
Leo's only reply was the small nod and the transferring of the cat into his arms. Jaehwan smiled sweetly and made his way back around the car into the drivers seat. Well he learned another thing about Leo today. He seems to love cute animals, it was sweet in Ken's opinion. Though he was happy, because he finally managed to bring a real genuine smile to Taekwoon's face. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This guy sure has a risky sort of fashion sense..." Hongbin muttered under his breath, examining some of the brightly coloured pieces of clothing, dotted around the house they were currently investigating. Yes they were in the house of the one and only Kwon Ji-Yong, offerwise known as the infamous G-Dragon.  
 
Much like Ken and Leo, Hakyeon had asked them to help out with the Big Bang situation. They'd been sent here, so it would speed up the process of investigating, of course it wouldn't effect their own investigation as they were still coming up with blanks when it concerned the demon. He didn't let that get to him though, instead he closed the door to the walk in waredrobe and turned, almost screaming at the dark looming figure behind him. 
 
Hyuk snorted at this and pulled the clown mask from his face, smirking at his hyung. "Really?" he asked and avoided the attack from the slightly shorter man. 
 
Hongbin huffed and crossed his arms indignantly, walking out of the room quickly. The room he walked into was quite cool. Cool being the operative word. It was different, not weird but unique. Of course if it was G-Dragon that had decorated it then he wasn't really surprised. It suited his personality quite well. 
 
"There's nothing here." he heard Hyuk say, joining him in the living room now and running a hand through his hair. "Hakyeon-hyung isn't going to be happy..." he muttered softly, almost inaudibly. 
 
Hongbin grimaced and sighed softly. "He hasn't been happy since any of this happened...Sure Seungri and Daesung were cleared but the others are still in the red..." he said looking to Hyuk to see him staring back at him. 
 
"How much do we actually know about Hakyeon?" he asked, trying to think back to meeting him. He hardly knew anything about the man they called team leader. Only rumours he'd heard floating around from time to time. 
 
Hongbin paused and then looked at Hyuk, raising a brow. "You say that as if there's something sinister about him." he said and shook his head at the thought. He doubted that Hakyeon had a bad fibre within his body. He smiled. "I probably know as much about Hakyeon as I know about you. " That seemed to shut the younger up as he thought for a long while. Hongbin just stared at him for a moment before sighing and shaking his head. "Come on, we're not going to find anything we already haven't here...." he muttered heading towards the door. 
 
"My name is Han SangHyuk. It's nice to officially meet you Lee Hongbin." the voice made him pause and turn around only to see a hand stretched out to him. He blinked and looked back up to Hyuk, seeing a cheesy grin plastered to his face. "I hope we will get to know eachother more." 
 
Hongbin's hand found its way into Hyuk's, a silent promise being made between the two of them. Despite there not being any words exchanged they knew what the other was thinking. 
 
'This is the most cliche situation ever...' 
---------------------------------------------------- --------------------------
"You've got some weird friends Hakyeon-hyung..." Wonshik mumbled, looking at the painting, hanging at a perclearious angle on the wall. Everything about the apartment confused the young ballistics expert. He'd never considered himself much of an art fanatic anyway. He was a clear contrast to the owner of the spacious apartment. 
 
"Yah! Be respectful to your elders!" he heard the response shouted from the bedroom. Wonshik continued to stare, somewhere along the way his head had tilted, looking for a better angle. The painting was a mix of pastel colours and other flamboyant shades, contrasting to make a strangely enigmatic pair. He had no idea who had painted it, much less who had fathomed the idea of this painting. Though he wasn't too sure he wanted to. 
 
"I am being respectful. I'm just respectfully honest." he shouted back, noting the thud and the curse that followed as Hakyeon falling. He snickered at the thought. His hyung was so clumsy sometimes. He was surprised that he hadn't seriously injured himself yet. Especially on that damn motor cycle of his. That thing would be his end, Wonshik had already called it. 
 
"That's not-" the response was suddenly cut short. Wonshik paused for a moment, waiting for Hakyekn to continue but there was nothing else. Just the plain silence of the out of this world apartment. He turned, slightly concerned at his hyungs lack of response to his earlier comment, deciding to venture further into the crazy wonderland that was T.O.P's apartment. 
 
When he entered the bedroom the first thing he saw was Hakyeon sat of the hard floor, sat still and unmoving and Wonshik felt his whole stomach drop. However he noticed the sight movements coming from the older, breathing almost a moment later and breathed a sigh of relief. He'd immediately thought the worst. 
 
"Hakyeon?" he asked, seemingly careful and cautious. He wasn't sure what was going on at the moment. There was no response and so Wonshik moved closer until he was crouching besides his elder and looked at him. His usually tanned skin had lost some of it's colour. He looked pale, with shock or dread Wonshik couldn't decide. His gaze was them drawn to the floor, the dark wood seemingly out of place. A false floorboard, how clever was Wonshik's immediate thought. 
 
However he had no time to dwell on it as he saw what was inside for the first time, eyes widening significantly. Filled with blueprints of various dangerous looking explosives and packs of C4 as well as the odd alarm clock which matched the general remains of that of the bomb in evidence room had. 
 
"It...It looks like we've found our guy..." Hakyeon said, almost stumbling over his words. His face remained calm, looking collected. Whereas his eyes told a completely different story. There were many different emotions. Anger, sadness, disappointment and betrayal, the most noticeable. Wonshik found himself feeling more sorry for Hakyeon then anyone. 
 
"Let's make the call." he muttered softly and stood up quickly. Though it was not quick enough to avoid the arm that Wonshik placed on his shoulder before he could leave the room. 
 
"Hakyeon, you don't have to-" Wonshik tried to comment before the older could take the phone call. Wonshik was in a similar position as him. His friend a murderer? Wonshik knew all about that. The only difference was the his hit a lot closer to home. And more then once for that matter. 
 
"I'm finishing this. Like I said I would." he said leaving no room for argument. Leaving the room soon after without another word. There wasn't any point arguing with him, Wonshik thought, he'd only get the older worked up even more then he already was. Which wouldn't be good for either of them. 
 
He looked back at the floor and then around the room. This one was just as strange as the one before it, housing items such as disfunctional chairs and rag like teddy bears. Wonshik shivered, that must be uncomfortable at night.
 
He sighed. "And I thought high school was dramatic..." he uttered before leaving the room to wait with his partner, for a proper investigation team to come and case the whole apartment. This undoubtedly meant more heartbreak and paperwork that Wonshik would have to deal with.  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry this is a day late. I was too tired to update yesterday ^^. Kind if a boring chapter? Yes no? There are more plot twists to come. Thanks for subscribing and reading ^^